Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174617 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1075 on: September 26, 2021, 08:39:51 am »

If I had to take a guess, exactly one scum is active. Everyone else active is town. This is the vibe I'm getting.

The active scum is joth. Probably. I don't know.

Read it again. It could well be nothing, but it's not what you just said.

One of us is misunderstanding. To me it seems like Swowl is asking me and joth why he as scum would push for the same wagons as Yesterday, which were TvT in this scenario (and also why he switched from math to joth), and joth is talking about the scum plan of pushing those same wagons.

I think Jimmmmm is right on this one.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 26, 2021, 08:43:26 am »

If I had to take a guess, exactly one scum is active. Everyone else active is town. This is the vibe I'm getting.

Given how many Townreads are going around, I feel like either we're doing really well and are close to PoEing the full team, or scum is doing really well hiding in the "Towncore". Of course, it's likely somewhere in the middle. One scum among the Towny folks seems reasonable.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 26, 2021, 08:47:14 am »

I think all three scum are active and they’re just, idk, good at the game.

I really think Swowl is likely to be scum. But in the name of consolidation I’m moving to vote: mathdude who I at least think is more likely to be scum than gkrieg.

I would also switch to faust if that got viable. He’s being intentionally obtuse about this gkrieg/Swowl thing in a way that I don’t think town!faust does unless he knows something.

As for the TvT thing I think I just got swept up in a shorthand everyone else was using without really thinking about it. It was somewhat unclear I’ll admit.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 26, 2021, 08:51:44 am »

Oh EFHW I think I understand where you're coming from. You could interpret Swowl's "isolating a TVT wagon" as Swowl saying "These wagons were TvT", which obviously he didn't do, he said they weren't. I interpreted it as he isolated the joth/math wagons, which happen to be TvT in the scenario being discussed.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 26, 2021, 10:04:26 am »

Good morning, friendlies.

Vote Count 2.WCD

mathdude (4): EFHW, gkrieg13, MiX, Joth
jotheonah (1): Swowl
faust (1): 2.71828.....
iguanaiguana (1): mathdude
gkrieg13 (3): faust, WestCoastDidds, iguanaiguana
Swowl (1): Jimmmmm

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to exile. Day 2 will end September 27, 2021, 03:00:00 pm.

I am committed to getting an exile today (I think we all are). I prefer gkrieg to math, but I’ll vote for math if that’s the choice. I’ll wait until Swowl, e, and Jimm gave a chance to weigh in on the current state of the game, then I’ll put him at x-1. Cool? Cool.

In the meantime it’s Sunday so I’ve got done relaxing family stuff to do.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: September 26, 2021, 10:05:59 am »

Vote: gkrieg over math.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 26, 2021, 10:06:54 am »

My personal deadline is about 24 hours from now FYI.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 26, 2021, 10:09:01 am »

I just realised the nice thing about the no-exile is that we're now odd, so exiling Today is a bit easier.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 26, 2021, 10:25:31 am »

Thanks for updated vote count. I didn't realize I hadn't moved my vote. But now that Jim moved there, my vote would put gkrieg at X-1. So for now, I'll just post intent to do it. Just Swowl and e now to weigh in on me vs gkrieg?
he/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 26, 2021, 11:06:26 am »

The active scum is joth. Probably. I don't know.

Read it again. It could well be nothing, but it's not what you just said.

One of us is misunderstanding. To me it seems like Swowl is asking me and joth why he as scum would push for the same wagons as Yesterday, which were TvT in this scenario (and also why he switched from math to joth), and joth is talking about the scum plan of pushing those same wagons.

I think Jimmmmm is right on this one.
He's not, but whatever.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 26, 2021, 11:10:03 am »

No one commented on the distortions I found. The snipping and then mischaracterizing was the most serious to me.

I remember agreeing with them but not seeing how they make math more scummy. I also remember being confirmation biased about it.

I looked it over and I remembered that I thought you brought up one thing that was truly scummy and worth mentioning, but it's late and I'm not going to look for that right now.

So if anyone wants to vote math, you can read the EFHW post.

Have you remembered what was scummy to you?

You are much quieter than usual.

No, I forgot I even posted that. I've been busy having fun with other stuff.

I don't know who scum is, and I can't see us exiling scum that wasn't wagoned already. So I'm just chilling in a wagon waiting for the day to end.
Well math has been wagoned. Why are you so reluctant to share your opinion?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 26, 2021, 11:44:52 am »

Opinion on what? I obviously prefer math to gkrieg right now.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 26, 2021, 12:02:22 pm »

Unsurprisingly, I think joth makes some good points about Swowl, but I was like, "Does scum actually do that?" That is, come out as Swowl did Day 2, without acknowledgement of his prior post about joth.

I thought a bit more about the no-exile. Generally, Town wants to exile unless there's a reason not to. So how does scum feel about it if the main wagons are TvT? Would they rather make sure one of them goes through, or are they happier with the no-exile? With a no-exile, they get a free kill (offset by any Cops Town might have), but risk coming out worse if Day 2 results in a successful exile. But if those same TvT wagons come up again, they're laughing.

Then I realised, this is exactly what Swowl was pushing. And increasing their activity by advocating a theory-based exile makes sense for a lurky scum who knows they need to start contributing more but isn't sure what reads they can justify.

I'm not suggesting scum purposefully allowed a no-exile; I don't see the evidence for that. But if it was TvT, which I'm inclined to think is likely, scum definitely want people to assume it wasn't.

Vote: Swowl

This is Jimmmmm assuming that it's TvT if Swowl's scum (and if Swowl's scum it's TvT, and he believes one of these is true because of reads). then Swowl's quoted post was about this hypothesis, because that's really the only reason to not trust Swowl's TvS scenario (that is, it only makes sense to not trust Swowl's TvS scenario IFF he's scum and it's TvT).

So yeah I think Jimmmmm is right. If you still disagree I think this should be discussed.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 26, 2021, 12:46:40 pm »

I really think Swowl is likely to be scum. But in the name of consolidation I’m moving to vote: mathdude who I at least think is more likely to be scum than gkrieg.

I would also switch to faust if that got viable. He’s being intentionally obtuse about this gkrieg/Swowl thing in a way that I don’t think town!faust does unless he knows something.

As for the TvT thing I think I just got swept up in a shorthand everyone else was using without really thinking about it. It was somewhat unclear I’ll admit.

The top of this post is a contradiction, no? Swowl is not active
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 26, 2021, 12:49:26 pm »

The top of this post is a contradiction, no? Swowl is not active

That post is a glaring scumslip as town!joth never thinks like this.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 26, 2021, 12:52:02 pm »

I dislike Faust calling the Swowl wagon stupid quite a bit but I still prefer gkrieg today.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 26, 2021, 01:59:48 pm »

Forget waiting.

Vote: gkrieg

He hasn't posted in nearly 48 hours. But his profile says last active on forum at 12:34pm today. He's watching, and just hoping the wagon sways away from him. He's afraid if he says something, it will further incriminate him.

I believe that's X-1.
he/him

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 26, 2021, 02:13:23 pm »

When you look for scum and can't find them, it's because Faust is scum.

Or gkrieg.

This seems like it comes out of nowhere.

PPE: Oh wow, didn't realize I was at X-1. Also, me being active on the forum does not mean anything. The game is open in my browser, and is open to the last page I was looking at, so I didn't see the recent pages.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 26, 2021, 02:13:50 pm »

Well, at least let me catch up reading. I'm excited to get to the case on me.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 26, 2021, 02:20:03 pm »

Vote: faust

Or gkrieg.

You're really grasping at straws, aren't you? Just trying to see who will bite and where. You're either super helpful and going to stumble on something good, or you're scum trying to mislead us. I don't like you sheeping my vote.

unvote

It doesn't have to be both! Trust me, I can be town and also be super detrimental. That is most likely the case here.

At any rate, I wasn't sheeping you, and actually I had no idea you were even voting faust.

I really honestly believe that you can't write a good case against faust. He has played in near every game I've played in since 2015, and I don't think I've ever been able to read him accurately. Mostly I find him to be towny even when he is scum. Last game I trusted that read and lost.

This game, I am not feeling the case against Jim at all. EFHW seemed scummy at first but has largely come back from that. I also have reasons to believe that you (Math) are town. I'm least sure about Joth, but a large part of that is just PoE from my other townreads.

So those are the major wagons that we've had, and I don't feel great about any of them. So it begs the question, if all of those people are town (possible), who is scum? Probably someone who is playing quite well. Hence, the vote on faust, who I think always plays well as scum.

You can call that grasping at straws if you want. But I have certainly put thought into it.

Faust is easy to read as the days go on. He will always tunnel someone the first few days and have a logical case against them, which usually makes them defensive and look guilty. Then faust will convince enough people that the exile goes through, and because his case was logical, people won't hold it against him. So it works for him as scum or town.

Later in the game though, it becomes more obvious, as he will vote for people without putting together very good cases, and will just generally feel wrong as scum. His cases make less sense, when there is more information from flips.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: September 26, 2021, 02:21:03 pm »

No, I don't think there is a lot you can do about being scum.

When you can't find scum, look at lurkers. Faust is not one of them this game.

I'm not sure this is actually true.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 26, 2021, 02:22:08 pm »

My sense of towncore currently tracks pretty strongly with level of engagement. I’m wary about that, but also would really like to know how gkrieg and e see the game.

EFHW, do you have a scum to chum list?

Jimm, sorry for confusing you. I was talking about two different games. DS9 is the one where MiX was my not so great intro to MiX and Glooble’s Spark game was there one where he vengekilled me instead of scum!you and then you later won the game. It was a lesson in scum!luker!Jimmmm

I mean, most of the people in the game are highly active, so it is pretty unlikely that all of the high activity is coming from town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 26, 2021, 02:25:11 pm »

Or gkrieg.

You're really grasping at straws, aren't you? Just trying to see who will bite and where. You're either super helpful and going to stumble on something good, or you're scum trying to mislead us. I don't like you sheeping my vote.

unvote
This is a really strange post. For some reason math is offended that iguana joined the faust wagon, to the point that he unvotes. This outrage feels like an excuse to get off the wagon. He could be protecting partner faust, or more likely trying to frame him.

vote: mathdude

PPE MiX saying the same thing.

Have there been games yet where math was scum and didn't die in the first day? Have we seen what math does when bussing?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 26, 2021, 02:29:40 pm »

Or gkrieg.

unvote

Can someone look at this post and tell me with a straight face that math is town?

I'm sorry for my lack of participation the last day and a bit.  I don't like to use real life as an excuse - I try to still pop in and stay relevant as much as possible (it's usually easy to pull out the phone, catch up on reading, and add a though, or respond to something).  But a lot of stuff is happening right now, between current work, prospects for future work, repairs at a rental I own, and some stuff in my family that I have to attend to.  It all came together at the wrong time (all at the same time), and I'm still dealing with a bunch of it.

Last night, I wrote the quoted post, in my heading really not sure where iguana was at - I had been feeling he's a bit scummy for a while, but that post of his I quoted really set off scum-bells for me.  I started a re-read of him (on phone, in bed), then fell asleep.  I was planning to follow up that post (where I "unvoted") with a post about iguana and likely a vote for him.  That quoted post wasn't meant to be the end of my thoughts, which is why it seems incomplete.  I still haven't gotten to it, and I may not today.  But by tomorrow morning, I'm hoping to get back to a full iguana reread, and decide what I think of him.  Hopefully 2 of the 4 main issues will be mostly complete by then, and tomorrow I can start looking through job prospects (which is conveniently on the computer, not on my phone!)

If someone wants to save me a little time and summarize iguana's posts through D1 and D2, that might save me a bit of time.  But I will go through them for sure, as I feel he's one person I've basically ignored this game so far - probably the most active person I've ignored (I also have almost no thoughts on e or gk, since almost nothing they have said has stood out to me, other than their basically naked votes of me D1).

Again, sorry I left that post hanging like that.  It wasn't meant to be the of my thoughts.  (Consider after my previous post, that I posted again saying "iguana, I think you're scum because ... [these reasons]", then I vote for him).

I know I'm just reiterating what others have said, but this post really doesn't address what was scummy about the post. I also think that overexplaining things with a lot of details is something scum does more often than town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 26, 2021, 02:30:16 pm »

Sorry I’m having a lurky D2. I am reading along and planning to do some rereading but life is busy rn.
I thought you were going to give us the incredible case you have built on me. I guess those were empty promises.

Just you wait. It's going to crack this game wide open.

Not sure why joth keeps promising this, but not just doing it.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.