Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174709 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #550 on: September 17, 2021, 03:21:32 pm »

mathdude is striking me as pretty towny, but in a way that is unfortunately pretty easy to fake.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 17, 2021, 03:25:01 pm »

Blah, I missed swowl.

I think WCD was right about swowl. Swowl's our best shot in the dark exile, and would serve him right for not showing up when he said he would. But also it's a jerk move to exile someone just for being busy IRL when he's repeatedly like "Hey, I'll get to this later."

So maybe WCD is the jerk, not me.

Up to this point, your read on almost everyone seemed to hone on how they looked at me. You are really tunneling down on me, aren't you? Are you scum trying to buddy (or I guess anti-buddy) me, in case you get caught so it looks like I'm a partner? Or are you just a mistaken townie gone down too far? Open up and start looking at people outside of their read on me. Because if you are town, this is how you drag us down to a quick loss. Scum don't even need to do anything.

It's like the faust/Jimmmmm thing... if both town, scum would have happily let us all camp there the full D1.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 17, 2021, 03:29:19 pm »

Blah, I missed swowl.

I think WCD was right about swowl. Swowl's our best shot in the dark exile, and would serve him right for not showing up when he said he would. But also it's a jerk move to exile someone just for being busy IRL when he's repeatedly like "Hey, I'll get to this later."

Up to this point, your read on almost everyone seemed to hone on how they looked at me. You are really tunneling down on me, aren't you? Are you scum trying to buddy (or I guess anti-buddy) me, in case you get caught so it looks like I'm a partner? Or are you just a mistaken townie gone down too far? Open up and start looking at people outside of their read on me. Because if you are town, this is how you drag us down to a quick loss. Scum don't even need to do anything.

It's like the faust/Jimmmmm thing... if both town, scum would have happily let us all camp there the full D1.

I almost forgot ti actually comment on your Swowl post... at this point, less than 24 hours to deadline, there is no "best shot in the dark exile". We have viaible wagons. We pick the one we think is most likely scum, then get to look back at people D2 based on flip and where they stood in the argument. Exile a lurker gives us nothing.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 17, 2021, 03:35:04 pm »

I can think of one fool-proof way to work out Jim's alignment.

Connect him to a lie detector and ask him straight up?
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 17, 2021, 03:36:41 pm »

MiX is also here... I really don't want to read MiX.

So reading MiX sucks because I've never had to do it before. Last game I just knew he was town and I was like "haha he is town but he is a wrongo" when actually... well... enough about that.

Much has been made about MiX's super-early-townread of faust. But... isn't that what MiX is notorious for? I don't even play with him and I know that.

Math should be town here. His vote and push on me are very easy for scum!math to fake as he seems very comfortable doing it, but he seems genuine to me. Particularly this post:

math, were you seriously pushing MiX, or was that more RVS?
If LL hadn't joined the vote already, I would have already moved on. But since there were 2 votes, I thought I'd see if anyone else was interested in joining too.

So maybe RVS? But
I don’t know if I believe in RVS anymore.
Ditto?

Which shows serious doubt over who to vote and how to proceed out of RVS.

Pulling this up because it seems like an inconsistency. I just read MiX saying that he has literally no thoughts on Math. But earlier he had thoughts on Math enough to make a pretty decent sized post. I realize this was from WAY EARLIER in the game. But... does MiX just forget his own opinion on Math? Maybe if it was a fabricated opinion to start with that would be more likely.

Yes I did forget about this post. But I do remember townreading math earlier. It's just that I don't have that read anymore.

Another inconsitency related to the same "no opinion on mathdude" post:

It's not like I have evidence saying otherwise. But I don't really like how there's only been 2 wagons this entire day, and at least one of them seems to be entirely at random.

Earlier in the day... Mix wanted more wagons. When a wagon pops up on Math... he has no opinion? Why wouldn't someone who wants to have more wagons engage with a wagon when a new one shows up?

At least from my perspective, the math wagon came out of nowhere from the shadows. As you can see, it's comprised of 3 players that haven't posted much, so in my mind I didn't register it as a wagon when the votes were being placed. When I saw it, I just thought "hmm, people voting math, that's to be expected" and moved on. Later on I looked at it more closely and realized it was still the same, at that point I thought "if 3 people are scumreading math...maybe math's scum?", but I didn't believe that fully, or really had any concrete basis to believe it, which is why I made the "math wagon's interesting" post.

He also blankly scumreads e... who I think is town here and is also an easy misexile (and has been for years).

The mathdude wagon is extremely interesting. It's entirely composed of what faust would call lurkers.

Too interesting to give half-baked opinions on it.

I kind of hate this post. It's hating on e for not investing mountains of time into playing mafia and casting shade on all the math voters.

How is this post related to e?

So there's 4 viable wagons: EFHW, Jimmmmm, math and MiX. Out of these, EFHW is the only one that can be scum. There, I said it. I'll just reread all of them anyway.

Wait.. so this is actually a serious inconsistency. He claims to have JUST REREAD all of EFHW/Jim/Math/Himself? but has no opinions on Math. What? MiX, I demand you give opinions on Math.

No, that's me saying I will reread them. I haven't done that yet, because I'm a lazy bastard and I've been having fun with other stuff today.

vote:  EFHW

Oh, this is a scumslip from joth.

I wonder if scum!joth's still this obvious...

What the hell?

I once caught joth posting only a vote when he was scum, scumread the hell out of it as it did not make any sense in the world joth was portraying to be and it reeked of opportunism. I was right then, and so I made a mental note (or better yet, strengthened the note) saying "joth posting nothing but a vote is a scumslip". And here I am, using it, except I don't think it's quite as strong, and my rational brain's telling me it's townie.

Ok, and then the final post saying no opinion on Math that I've already heavily scrutinized.

So I came into this reread positive that I would land flatly null of MiX but I'm actually slightly scumreading him. I can't say it's a strong read though because he's all over the place. And some of it is based on a scum!math partner narrative which I'll admit is terrible to do D1. So... when you remove the confirmation bias effect... slight scum on MiX with a lot of confusion and also please answer my questions.

Did that answer your questions?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 17, 2021, 03:36:55 pm »

I can think of one fool-proof way to work out Jim's alignment.

Connect him to a lie detector and ask him straight up?

Oh, so naive... :P

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 17, 2021, 03:38:54 pm »

Who else were the current wagons? Oh, math. Hmmm…. I haven’t carefully considered Math.

The case there was he was all meta and not moving the game forward?

I’m not sure that is worse than the other under the radars who are not moving the game forward. Is it worse to be trying to engage than just not around?

To me it is not that math is "all meta and not moving the game forward", it is the way he was posting. Saying that we should consider exiling one of the 5 or 6 lurkers in a big list, without giving any reasons, or even giving one out of the list.

It's a scum tactic to say "let's look at this group", and then not actually do it themselves. At best, it causes people to voice their opinions on lurkers (which isn't amazing), but it is just way too non-committal.

Wait, didn't I do this? I'm really sorry if you went over what you think of me bringing up that list of players, but can you please go over how me and math approached this topic?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 17, 2021, 03:41:34 pm »

Actually, I think Joth is town. And that's because... his scum record is truly abysmal. And I read his scum game... the one he told me was the best example of him as scum... and he was just bad scum in that game.

And he does not seem bad in this game. Therefore he's town. Good enough for D1.

That's my general impression.

Read this game.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 17, 2021, 03:47:30 pm »

Blah, I missed swowl.

no one is a jerk. It's on me. I apologized, but I will again. Me not being around was not helpful.
Honestly, I should of subbed as it probably would of been a better decision for town to have someone here posting...  but I just knew I would be back home and realllllyyyy wanted to be in a game. Sorry.

Nah you don't need to sub, just don't go on vacation again during this game :P

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Signups)
« Reply #559 on: September 17, 2021, 03:51:07 pm »

Mathdude:
-snip-
- #165 policy votes Jimmm at a time that creates a wagon of 3. Kind of some skum vibes on that one. Stuck bc Math is normally pretty meticulous and that feels lazy. But also, IDK if they would be lazy as skum. So just chalk it up as weird/skummy.

Second time this has come up. The first got lost in all the posts and I forgot to respond to it. Here it was...
White paused for a moment to look out the window and noticed that somehow their course had drifted straight into an asteroid field! They jumped on the weapons and started blasting the asteroids out of the sky, while Cyan jumped in the pilot's seat and charted a new course. At the back of the ship, Lime Green wondered where everyone was, so they sat down and watched the security cameras for a bit.

Vote Count 1.3

iguanaiguana (1): 2.71828.....
EFHW (4): WestCoastDidds, iguanaiguana, jotheonah, Jimmmmm
Jimmmmm (3): faust, MiX, mathdude
faust (1): LaLight

Not Voting (3): Swowl, EFHW, gkrieg13

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends September 18, 2021, 03:00:00 pm

Third vote is scum

Vote: math

Scum is concerned with how their vote looks. Town wants discussions, especially first half of D1, and will use questions, accusations, wagons, etc. to get them. I don't get what the problem with "3rd on the wagon" is. Are you both honestly saying it's better to not have a "wagon" get above 2 votes until the few hours before deadline? Not a chance. I pushed up the early iguana wagon (don't remember if I was vote 2, 3, or even if we got to 4... I don't care. It was early, and the wagon wasn't jumping to 7 that early), then that wagon vanished. I believe votes sat at 1 or 2 per person, so I pushed Jimmmmm up to 3 votes to generate discussion. It worked. Call me scummy if you want, but when it takes 7-ish to exile, I'll push votes up to 3 or 4 in the first few days of D1 every single game.

And yes, I unvoted for a bit too make sure it wasn't a quick-exile, but the one argument raised me to go back shortly after. I stand by my votes and unvotes this game.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Signups)
« Reply #560 on: September 17, 2021, 03:57:05 pm »

Well, catching up took longer than expected. Iguana spamming the thread this afternoon didn't help... that was a lot more to read (and a few more things to respond to) than I expected.

So my reread of a few people, mentioned here...
Of the remaining 4, I'm still learning Jimmmmm. I'll go reread them each quick (after replying to a couple other posts here) and see if that changes.
... wil have to wait a few hours.
he/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 17, 2021, 04:12:27 pm »

Actually, I think Joth is town. And that's because... his scum record is truly abysmal. And I read his scum game... the one he told me was the best example of him as scum... and he was just bad scum in that game.

Read this game.

Well I'm going to read it! I could use the confidence boost. I have a terrible memory so I could tell you not one thing about it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 17, 2021, 04:16:39 pm »

Blah, I missed swowl.

This is demonstrably wrong. My LL, Joust'emmmmm, Joth, & EFHW rereads don't mention you. My WCD read IIRC only mentions you tangentially.

Rereading e, you can't not mention mathdude because e's main contribution to the game so far is starting the mathdude wagon.

Gkrieg has also mainly defined his game by scumreading EFHW and Mathdude. For him in particular, looking at how his reads of other players match up with mine was necessary because I find his playstyle really opaque.

MiX...yes I focused on on how MiX was reading Mathdude more than his other posts. But that was because those posts jumped out at me as requiring explanation and the rest of his posts are so all over the place that i didn't know what to do with them. I also think that MiX's mathdude posts up to my reread of him could be scummy regardless of Math's alignment. They are just... weird. An inconsistency is an inconsistency.

I realize I am focusing on you. But that is because I am voting you. And the extent to which I am doing so is not as much as you are making it out to be.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 17, 2021, 04:17:31 pm »

Blah, I missed swowl.

I almost forgot ti actually comment on your Swowl post... at this point, less than 24 hours to deadline, there is no "best shot in the dark exile". We have viaible wagons. We pick the one we think is most likely scum, then get to look back at people D2 based on flip and where they stood in the argument. Exile a lurker gives us nothing.

Weren't you the one saying exile a lurker just a few days ago??

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 17, 2021, 04:20:56 pm »

Read this game.

Well I'm going to read it! I could use the confidence boost. I have a terrible memory so I could tell you not one thing about it.

Yeah everyone should read this game, where I do all the things that I am currently scumreading Jim for but somehow still survive to the end. But if you're using it for comps, you should note I was traitor there which is a very specific kind of scum to be.

He/him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 17, 2021, 04:26:42 pm »

Quote from: MiX
Quote from: Iguana Iguana
The mathdude wagon is extremely interesting. It's entirely composed of what faust would call lurkers.

I kind of hate this post. It's hating on e for not investing mountains of time into playing mafia and casting shade on all the math voters.

You are calling e, gkrieg and iguana lurkers. I singled out e because of what I said about him being a common D1 misexile and generally misunderstood player. gkrieg doesn't have that problem. If it helps, I was also super annoyed that you called iguana a lurker when he was too busy vaccuuming up massive piles of confetti late into the night after an EDM concert to respond.

Thank you for answering my other questions. The Joth scumslip thing is... entertaining. Calling that a scumslip though is patently ridiculous.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 17, 2021, 04:27:57 pm »

Ironically, this game from February that I had all but forgotten existed is M134 and we're currently playing ... M135. So idk what that says about my memory, or this community's interest in non-crazy mafia these days.

He/him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 17, 2021, 04:28:52 pm »

Read this game.

Yeah everyone should read this game, where I do all the things that I am currently scumreading Jim for but somehow still survive to the end. But if you're using it for comps, you should note I was traitor there which is a very specific kind of scum to be.

I actually think its scummy in a vacuum that there was a recent relevant scum game that you won and you didn't produce it when asked. But as mod you proved yourself to be so forgetful that it's like... w/e NAI

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 17, 2021, 04:29:44 pm »

I mean no offense but pubby was supposed to die

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 17, 2021, 04:34:49 pm »

Quote from: MiX
Quote from: Iguana Iguana

You are calling e, gkrieg and iguana lurkers. I singled out e because of what I said about him being a common D1 misexile and generally misunderstood player. gkrieg doesn't have that problem. If it helps, I was also super annoyed that you called iguana a lurker when he was too busy vaccuuming up massive piles of confetti late into the night after an EDM concert to respond.

Thank you for answering my other questions. The Joth scumslip thing is... entertaining. Calling that a scumslip though is patently ridiculous.

I specifically did not call them lurkers. faust did.

Ironically, this game from February that I had all but forgotten existed is M134 and we're currently playing ... M135. So idk what that says about my memory, or this community's interest in non-crazy mafia these days.

It speaks of our interest in modding crazy games.

I mean no offense but pubby was supposed to die

Hider isn't inherently Weak. This is the first and only time I will dispute this.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: September 17, 2021, 04:40:22 pm »

Vote Count 1.II.5

EFHW (4): WestCoastDidds, MiX, Jotheonah, Swowl
Jimmmmm (3): jotheonah, mathdude, EFHW
faust (1): Jimmmmm
mathdude (3): 2.71828....., iguanaiguana, gkrieg13
MiX (2): LaLight, faust

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 17, 2021, 04:43:15 pm »

Last thing I wanted to do is take a look at the current game state. With less than a day to deadline... Jim is the only one stubbornly not moving his vote to any kind of a wagon. Still, I don't like the look of the people voting Jim and do not want to vote there. I don't think I like voting MiX either given that the two votes on him are coming from people I don't really trust.

I could move to EFHW but I think I still want to see if anyone else is interested in Math.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 17, 2021, 05:07:05 pm »

Vote Count 1.II.5

Jimmmmm (3): jotheonah, mathdude, EFHW

You have me on two wagons

I'll be gone for a while. Will try  to check in before deadline.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 17, 2021, 05:07:34 pm »

oh  deadline is in the afternoon.  Yeah I can def. be around for it.

He/him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 17, 2021, 05:43:20 pm »

Vote Count 1.II.5

Jimmmmm (2): mathdude, EFHW

EBWOP I literally always do that
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.899 seconds with 20 queries.