Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174670 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: September 16, 2021, 02:53:51 pm »

Honestly, if we want to exile someone for thread health, Jimmmmm's the way to go.
I had my disagreements with Jimmmmm, but this is uncalled for.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 16, 2021, 02:56:03 pm »

Honestly, if we want to exile someone for thread health, Jimmmmm's the way to go.

Not because of him, but to allow us to see other people as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 16, 2021, 02:57:39 pm »

Yes, I'm sure exiling a scum will do a lot for our ability to see who the remaining scum is.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 16, 2021, 02:57:55 pm »

I am not following your argument here, MiX. Can you explain what you mean? I am a fab of more active Jimmmm.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 16, 2021, 02:58:42 pm »

Yes, I'm sure exiling a scum will do a lot for our ability to see who the remaining scum is.

You're clearly not trying to argue in good faith.

So are you voting Jimmmmm or me?

I am not following your argument here, MiX. Can you explain what you mean? I am a fab of more active Jimmmm.

Which one, I lost track.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 16, 2021, 02:59:53 pm »

This one
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 16, 2021, 03:01:45 pm »

This one

People seem to scumread Jimmmmm. This seems to be happening all the way from the start of the game. Unlike EFHW, people in this line of thinking don't seem to be thinking past it. So if this becomes a problem, we might as well exile Jimmmmm.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 16, 2021, 03:02:46 pm »

People seem to scumread Jimmmmm. This seems to be happening all the way from the start of the game. Unlike EFHW, people in this line of thinking don't seem to be thinking past it. So if this becomes a problem, we might as well exile Jimmmmm.
By "people", are you referring to anyone other than me?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 16, 2021, 03:03:17 pm »

joth as well, it seems like.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 16, 2021, 03:04:49 pm »

joth as well, it seems like.
joth has definitely not been voting for (or, to my knowledge, scumreading) Jimmmmm since the start of the game. Indeed, he was part of the EFHW wagon before.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 16, 2021, 03:04:59 pm »

Gkrieg doesn't have the classic "I will now reread the whole game" posts, but his posts so far seem townie. I like the EFHW opinions, for example.

I mean I did reread the game and post about it but no one seemed to respond much to the posts.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 16, 2021, 03:07:08 pm »

Idk if this needs to be said to a bunch of vets, but policy exiles are scummy because they give scum cover to get someone exiled without committing to that person being scum. We get one exile per game day. It’s not pro town to use it for anything other than pursuing our collective wincon.

vote: MiX. I did apologize.

Sorry: to clarify, I'm scumreading that post. I'm not trying to policy exile you anymore.

ok, unvote

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 16, 2021, 03:08:07 pm »

vote: mathdude

Are you trying to do a faust? I had to go back to page 4 (and I do 50 post pages) to find your last contributions, and math was not mentioned.

vote: gkrieg

To be fair, those contributions were from yesterday, so it's not like I haven't been doing anything.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 16, 2021, 03:08:59 pm »

Jimmmmm is a very easy D1 misexile. He can't solve then and so he doesn't have much else other than activity tells. It's also a voice worth shutting down for later in the game. This is similar to gkrieg, honestly.

Yes he can be scum here. But there's not much else saying he's scum other than that.

Faust is only reading half of my posts and that's super townie. I understand scumreading me for buddying him, but saying I've been overemphasizing being town!MiX just ignores everything I've done into "it's townie, therefore it's scummy".

Ok, so the scum team is MiX-Jimmmm and ... who else do we think?

How to scum:

- Buddy faust
- Vote partner
- Wait for partner to get in an argument with faust
- Say they're both town and unvote
- Open up the option to bus
- ???
- Let Jimmmmm be exiled D1
- Infinite towncred

The mathdude wagon is extremely interesting. It's entirely composed of what faust would call lurkers.

Too interesting to give half-baked opinions on it.

Is he scummy? Or he just has a scummy wagon?

He, not e

Neither. Not sure.

You can brutally bus a partner D1 and ride the towncred to a victory. Been done with me before.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 16, 2021, 03:09:17 pm »

Wow, a lot going on today.  I like it.  It actually gives us something to look back at D2!  (Granted, I was pretty poor at putting the pieces together last game, so there's nowhere to go but up).

I do like that Jimmmmm's trying to be active, but...
I looked at the last 2 of his scum games: RMM56 and RMM54. Jimmmm was Serial Killer in RMM56, so that's maybe not the best representation. In that game, there is definitely a flurry of activity from Jimmmmm after he gets his first wagon (read from here).

In RMM54, he similarly reacts with wallposting to pressure, see e.g. this post coming after a push, which is significantly longer than anything he posted before in that game. It's followed by more rereads.

This seems pretty convincing.  This is almost exactly what seemed to happen here!

Vote: Jimmmmm
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 16, 2021, 03:11:24 pm »

Gkrieg doesn't have the classic "I will now reread the whole game" posts, but his posts so far seem townie. I like the EFHW opinions, for example.

I mean I did reread the game and post about it but no one seemed to respond much to the posts.

Oh yeah lol I could only notice once I saw the timestamps.

Wow, a lot going on today.  I like it.  It actually gives us something to look back at D2!  (Granted, I was pretty poor at putting the pieces together last game, so there's nowhere to go but up).

I do like that Jimmmmm's trying to be active, but...
I looked at the last 2 of his scum games: RMM56 and RMM54. Jimmmm was Serial Killer in RMM56, so that's maybe not the best representation. In that game, there is definitely a flurry of activity from Jimmmmm after he gets his first wagon (read from here).

In RMM54, he similarly reacts with wallposting to pressure, see e.g. this post coming after a push, which is significantly longer than anything he posted before in that game. It's followed by more rereads.

This seems pretty convincing.  This is almost exactly what seemed to happen here!

Vote: Jimmmmm

This is part of why I'm okay with a Jimmmmm exile.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 16, 2021, 03:14:46 pm »

We should look at LL/iguana/Swowl/gkrieg/e then. Yes, I excluded Didds, but only because I actually remember joth's post about her.

We have a little over 2 days (about 52 hours, I believe).  I'm not saying we shouldn't change directions - there is still enough time for that.  In fact, we should definitely look at these people.  But we need to do it soon, and get responses and opinions today, rather than waiting until the final few hours.

I believe there was an early mini-wagon on iguana, that fizzled as quick as it started.

Were there votes on e today too?  Or am I thinking of the previous game?

And someone policy voted for LL early, but that wasn't anything for discussion, I don't believe.

This post is why I'm voting mathdude. Deciding to EOL, and actively pushing people toward it is a "townie" thing to do that scum tend to do more than town. Specifically so they can avoid commenting on other wagons, or so they can look like they are doing something without actually doing something. Specifically when they don't offer any direction on which of the ~6 people that could be voted for.

Especially saying, "we should definitely look at these people [...] soon, and get responses and opinions today, rather than waiting until the final few hours." instead of saying who out of those people is scummy.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 16, 2021, 03:18:39 pm »

Also, what has made my posts so far townie?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 16, 2021, 03:22:36 pm »

so anyway faust is town & Didds is town & MiX is ??? but he's being pleasant and helpful.

idk, nobody's pinging me overmuch, which makes sense because none of you are terrible at this game.

Vote: EFHW
Wait a minute - are you salty too?
Because there can't be anything in the current game that is scummy.

This doesn't seem like scum!EFHW. Too bold.

This post seems genuine. You're just throwing it out there: EFHW not scum. I like it a lot.

I feel like I'm seeing a lot more of EFHW D1 than is usual.

With your defense of EFHW, there is no reason to post this if you're partners. So, why are you defending EFHW if you're scum? The answer is: you're not, because you're not scum.

vote: mathdude

There is no reason for scum!you to go after math in particular, and I think math gets town's vote more than scum.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 16, 2021, 03:50:25 pm »

This one

This is absolutely terrible in my opinion. "Oh, feels like everyone thinks they are scum, let's exile and find out"

Feels like the same reason MiX exiled me D1 in wizard of Oz. And then exiled Galzria D2. It felt as though that line of thought is exactly what put town in such a hole they couldn't dig out D3

Let's exile the stuck in the mud people, not their target.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 16, 2021, 04:03:24 pm »

The case on Jimmmmm is not just that he's being active. It's that he's being active in a certain way in response to pressure that is consistent with his past play and inconsistent with this past town play. That's like a very good day 1 case. I appreciate faust doing the work to cross-reference it.

On top of that, he has:

-advocated for a policy exile in a really noncommittal way
-OMGUS voted for faust during their exchange
-been soft-defended by MiX in exactly the way that scum defends a partner (trying to deflect the exile without actually defending the player as townie).

There's like a lot here, fam. This isn't just nonsense.

Ah, yes. I see the lock tight case now.
-policy exile talk is just bad play, but both town and scum engage in bad play
-omgus is what it is, again, not scum or town tell to me
-and partner calling!

What a great case.

I personally think the first two really point more toward an engaged town!jimmm that got himself in trouble through being active. (MiX should understand getting himself in trouble through activity)

So.... Next case? That was pretty weak on jimmmmm
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 16, 2021, 04:34:43 pm »

You can brutally bus a partner D1 and ride the towncred to a victory. Been done with me before.

I did that a couple of times. Also vote: MiX

I would love to see a Mix or faust exile. not Jimmmmm, no.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 16, 2021, 04:35:36 pm »

I might go back to Jimmmmm. I am feeling uncomfortable ever since joth got involved.

This is exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 16, 2021, 04:53:02 pm »

-policy exile talk is just bad play, but both town and scum engage in bad play
-omgus is what it is, again, not scum or town tell to me

Wrong and wrong.

What does scum want to do? They want to

A) Make sure the exile is a town player
B) Make sure that they don't appear to be the one who drove that exile when the player flipped town.

So any strategy that helps accomplish both those goals is not just bad play, but scummy play.

Policy exile talk is the perfect example of this -- you're literally saying 'we should exile this person' without saying 'this person is scum'. So there's no backlash if you're wrong. You can just say 'It's a shame they were town, but we're better off without them.' So that's scummy.

OMGUS is a little different, because it's not generally something scum does intentionally and tactically, but it is something scum does more often than town because it's an emotional reaction associated with emotions scum are more likely to feel. It's basically the same argument as "defensiveness as scum tell".

Everyone will get defensive when they think they're going to be exiled. But for scum, being exiled is a much worse hit for their team. They also feel more of an affinity for their team because they know who they are and have actually worked with them as a team. So when you think you might be the day 1 exile and you're scum, there's just more pressure all around. Getting killed hurts your team more, and you're more worried about letting down your team. So you're more likely to respond with more frustration to less pressure. This is, in my mind, the single strongest scum tel, although it does diminish with player experience to some extent.

An OMGUS vote, just to close the loop, is not just any vote for someone who's voting for you. It's a reactive, frustration-driven vote for someone who is voting for you. In this case, Jimmmmm sort of disguised it as a real vote, which is pretty common, but it read to me as an OMGUS vote based on the context and the timing.

TL;DR both these things are scum tells, not just bad play, don't @ me, let's exile Jim
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 16, 2021, 04:55:25 pm »

This one

This is absolutely terrible in my opinion. "Oh, feels like everyone thinks they are scum, let's exile and find out"

Feels like the same reason MiX exiled me D1 in wizard of Oz. And then exiled Galzria D2. It felt as though that line of thought is exactly what put town in such a hole they couldn't dig out D3

Let's exile the stuck in the mud people, not their target.

Correct. This was not why town lost.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.