Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174268 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2021, 10:15:31 am »

Can anyone remember reads being given to players that aren't faust/Jimmmmm/EFHW/MiX/joth/math?

I did scumread e, but I can't remember much else.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 16, 2021, 10:17:31 am »

Regarding Jimmmmm's textwalls above (re-digging into faust, now also looking at detail into EFHW), can someone who knows his meta better help me interpret them?  I'm not sure what to make of this effort.

Does scum!Jimmmmm dig in and try to find another valid wagon when he comes under fire?  Is this town!Jimmmmm honestly trying to seek out the truth?  Or is this is standard defense/response for him when he's up against a wall, regardless of alignment, making it NAI?

Unvote for now.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 16, 2021, 10:19:56 am »

Can anyone remember reads being given to players that aren't faust/Jimmmmm/EFHW/MiX/joth/math?

joth says Didds is Towny, although that wavered a bit.

Didds says that LL and iguana are Towny (along with others on the list).

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2021, 10:20:34 am »

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2021, 10:21:15 am »

There are more than those 6 playing this game?
/sarcasm

Most recent official vote count (I know, a lot has changed since then)...
White paused for a moment to look out the window and noticed that somehow their course had drifted straight into an asteroid field! They jumped on the weapons and started blasting the asteroids out of the sky, while Cyan jumped in the pilot's seat and charted a new course. At the back of the ship, Lime Green wondered where everyone was, so they sat down and watched the security cameras for a bit.

Vote Count 1.3

iguanaiguana (1): 2.71828.....
EFHW (4): WestCoastDidds, iguanaiguana, jotheonah, Jimmmmm
Jimmmmm (3): faust, MiX, mathdude
faust (1): LaLight

Not Voting (3): Swowl, EFHW, gkrieg13

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends September 18, 2021, 03:00:00 pm

iguana
e
WCD
LL
Swowl
gk

So, yes, e has been participating.  I believe iguana has also been in-and-out.  Didds seems to be her usual self, D1... happy to be hanging out with people here, talking friendly, etc.  But LL, Swowl, and gk have been almost non-existant (and if they have been around, they haven't posted anything worthwhile that I have noticed).
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2021, 10:23:29 am »

joth says Didds is Towny, although that wavered a bit.

Didds says that LL and iguana are Towny (along with others on the list).

Thanks.

We should look at LL/iguana/Swowl/gkrieg/e then. Yes, I excluded Didds, but only because I actually remember joth's post about her.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2021, 10:23:38 am »

Are you wanting a response from me?

You can respond if you want.  But I was more interested in other people's opinions of your meta.  As has already been mentioned this thread (regarding faust or joth, I forget which)... when someone knows their own meta well enough to comment on it, it does seem to make it NAI.  But if you can tell me which of those options (or another option) it is, that can help, I guess.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 16, 2021, 10:26:18 am »

Vote: iguana

Request Vote Count. Not trying to imply you didn't post frequently enough, just that the thread moved fast.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2021, 10:27:55 am »

We should look at LL/iguana/Swowl/gkrieg/e then. Yes, I excluded Didds, but only because I actually remember joth's post about her.

We have a little over 2 days (about 52 hours, I believe).  I'm not saying we shouldn't change directions - there is still enough time for that.  In fact, we should definitely look at these people.  But we need to do it soon, and get responses and opinions today, rather than waiting until the final few hours.

I believe there was an early mini-wagon on iguana, that fizzled as quick as it started.

Were there votes on e today too?  Or am I thinking of the previous game?

And someone policy voted for LL early, but that wasn't anything for discussion, I don't believe.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2021, 10:35:32 am »

You can respond if you want.  But I was more interested in other people's opinions of your meta.  As has already been mentioned this thread (regarding faust or joth, I forget which)... when someone knows their own meta well enough to comment on it, it does seem to make it NAI.  But if you can tell me which of those options (or another option) it is, that can help, I guess.

Yeah I agree with that sentiment, but I'll weigh in.

I don't think level of effort is particularly alignment-indicative for me. I might be slightly less likely to be lurky as scum overall, because I feel a responsibility to my teammate/s. But I've definitely had games both ways in which I've put in a lot of effort. The problem is that when I fall behind I have a really hard time catching up.

I think as scum under pressure my goal is generally to ignore the pressure and try to emulate my Town self by doing productive-looking re-reads etc. I don't recall ever OMGUSing or going hard after someone because they were going hard after me as scum.

If I was scum in this game, I would feel the same about faust's strategy but I highly doubt I would have argued with him anywhere near as much as I have.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2021, 10:42:56 am »

Vote: MiX

the time has come.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 16, 2021, 10:53:00 am »

vote: mathdude

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2021, 10:59:58 am »

the time has come.

oh no. i tried to do something productive. better return to wackyness.

Haha faust lock!town for being so stubborn!!!!!!1!!!!one. Hey faust, why oh why are you scumreading me? I'm so invested in this question and believe you will provide a satisfactory answer!

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 16, 2021, 11:01:09 am »

the time has come.

Should I even bother asking for reasons?

vote: mathdude

Thanks for your participation!  It's so very helpful.

I just looked back at your posts this game, and it does appear you have about 16 of them.  Almost none of them are memorable.  It's almost like you're putting posts out there, but making sure you're not standing out and drawing any attention to yourself.  (The one I remembered was where you told faust "you aren't supposed to know that about yourself").  Trying to slide just under the radar for some reason?
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2021, 11:03:53 am »

Gkrieg doesn't have the classic "I will now reread the whole game" posts, but his posts so far seem townie. I like the EFHW opinions, for example.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Signups)
« Reply #390 on: September 16, 2021, 11:14:18 am »

Lime Green watched some interesting things happen on the cams. Orange and Brown walked into security together. Purple walked past the doors to administration, and a moment later Black emerged from admin and followed Purple back into the cafeteria. At that moment someone sneakily walked under the camera in the hallway just beyond the security room. Lime Green turned around to see who it was...

Vote Count 1.4

iguanaiguana (1): MiX
EFHW (1): WestCoastDidds
Jimmmmm (2): EFHW, jotheonah
faust (2): LaLight, Jimmmmm
mathdude (3): 2.71828....., iguanaiguana, gkrieg13
MiX (1): faust

Not Voting (2): Swowl, mathdude

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends September 18, 2021, 03:00:00 pm
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 16, 2021, 11:39:35 am »

Regarding Jimmmmm's textwalls above (re-digging into faust, now also looking at detail into EFHW), can someone who knows his meta better help me interpret them?  I'm not sure what to make of this effort.

Does scum!Jimmmmm dig in and try to find another valid wagon when he comes under fire?  Is this town!Jimmmmm honestly trying to seek out the truth?  Or is this is standard defense/response for him when he's up against a wall, regardless of alignment, making it NAI?

Unvote for now.
I think the problem with answering this is that Jimmmmm has not been playing a lot recently, and when he did oftentimes he just ended up lurking and eventually getting exiled/replaced for that.

I looked at the last 2 of his scum games: RMM56 and RMM54. Jimmmm was Serial Killer in RMM56, so that's maybe not the best representation. In that game, there is definitely a flurry of activity from Jimmmmm after he gets his first wagon (read from here).

In RMM54, he similarly reacts with wallposting to pressure, see e.g. this post coming after a push, which is significantly longer than anything he posted before in that game. It's followed by more rereads.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 16, 2021, 11:40:58 am »

Hey faust, why oh why are you scumreading me? I'm so invested in this question and believe you will provide a satisfactory answer!
It's because you are scum!

Was it everything that you hoped for?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 16, 2021, 11:46:25 am »

Why are we changing directions when we have two perfectly cromulent wagons right here?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 16, 2021, 11:48:20 am »

the time has come.

Should I even bother asking for reasons?
I don't know if you should. I definitely respond more positively to a third party asking for reasons for my vote than the person I'm voting for.

Everything MiX has done this game feels like he's performing town. The overinflated townread on me. The pivot toward "exile all lurkers" (without using that terminology). Nothing MiX has done this game is surprising because he's not actually concerned with finding scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 16, 2021, 11:49:27 am »

Why are we changing directions when we have two perfectly cromulent wagons right here?
At this point, it is a bit unclear which wagons you are referring to with this.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 16, 2021, 11:50:42 am »

I was thinking Jimmmmm and EFHW, but I see the EFHW wagon has sputtered out.

Anyway, let's get rid of Jimmmmm, he's being very scummy.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 16, 2021, 11:57:11 am »

You've convinced me. I've also convinced myself.

vote: Jimmmmm

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 16, 2021, 11:58:28 am »

Unvote for now.
I think the problem with answering this is that Jimmmmm has not been playing a lot recently, and when he did oftentimes he just ended up lurking and eventually getting exiled/replaced for that.

I looked at the last 2 of his scum games: RMM56 and RMM54. Jimmmm was Serial Killer in RMM56, so that's maybe not the best representation. In that game, there is definitely a flurry of activity from Jimmmmm after he gets his first wagon (read from here).

In RMM54, he similarly reacts with wallposting to pressure, see e.g. this post coming after a push, which is significantly longer than anything he posted before in that game. It's followed by more rereads.
I wanted to contrast this with a town game of Jimmmmm's, and in BM32, he was the D1 misexile, but  at no point did that pressure cause a flurry of activity like in the scum games I referenced.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 16, 2021, 12:05:35 pm »

Nice vocabulary word there
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.