Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174331 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: September 16, 2021, 01:00:42 pm »

Regarding Jimmmmm's textwalls above (re-digging into faust, now also looking at detail into EFHW), can someone who knows his meta better help me interpret them?  I'm not sure what to make of this effort.

Does scum!Jimmmmm dig in and try to find another valid wagon when he comes under fire?  Is this town!Jimmmmm honestly trying to seek out the truth?  Or is this is standard defense/response for him when he's up against a wall, regardless of alignment, making it NAI?

Unvote for now.

Truth be told, this is a new look from Jimmm for most of us. He's in Australia so he tends to be active when most of us are sleeping so his interactions are often out of time from the rest of us. I've played with him a handful of times and he tends to be rather lurky and then gets exiled, but has a reputation for being smart and solving games that predates my actual experience with him.

He doesn't usually lock horns with faust (although lots of other people do) but I am completely sympathetic to being bored and locked up so engaging more as a result. 

I find his level of engagement pretty towny, but on closer inspection it is probably NAI.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 16, 2021, 01:05:50 pm »

Can someone tell me why mathdude is scummy?

And the big argument on jimmmm is that he's active?

I don't know...I think if we're taking a shot in the dark someone like Swowl who is just busy elsewhere (which is always super good scum cover, if need be) seems like less of a loss.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 16, 2021, 01:21:49 pm »

Jimmmmm is a very easy D1 misexile. He can't solve then and so he doesn't have much else other than activity tells. It's also a voice worth shutting down for later in the game. This is similar to gkrieg, honestly.

Yes he can be scum here. But there's not much else saying he's scum other than that.

Faust is only reading half of my posts and that's super townie. I understand scumreading me for buddying him, but saying I've been overemphasizing being town!MiX just ignores everything I've done into "it's townie, therefore it's scummy".

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 16, 2021, 01:29:14 pm »

The mathdude wagon is extremely interesting. It's entirely composed of what faust would call lurkers.

Too interesting to give half-baked opinions on it.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 16, 2021, 01:40:46 pm »

vote: mathdude

Are you trying to do a faust? I had to go back to page 4 (and I do 50 post pages) to find your last contributions, and math was not mentioned.

vote: gkrieg

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2021, 01:47:28 pm »

Jimmmmm is a very easy D1 misexile. He can't solve then and so he doesn't have much else other than activity tells. It's also a voice worth shutting down for later in the game. This is similar to gkrieg, honestly.

Yes he can be scum here. But there's not much else saying he's scum other than that.

Faust is only reading half of my posts and that's super townie. I understand scumreading me for buddying him, but saying I've been overemphasizing being town!MiX just ignores everything I've done into "it's townie, therefore it's scummy".

Ok, so the scum team is MiX-Jimmmm and ... who else do we think?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 16, 2021, 01:48:37 pm »

The mathdude wagon is extremely interesting. It's entirely composed of what faust would call lurkers.

Is e scummy? Or he just has a scummy wagon?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 16, 2021, 01:48:59 pm »

Is he scummy? Or he just has a scummy wagon?

He, not e

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 16, 2021, 01:50:38 pm »

How to scum:

- Buddy faust
- Vote partner
- Wait for partner to get in an argument with faust
- Say they're both town and unvote
- Open up the option to bus
- ???
- Let Jimmmmm be exiled D1
- Infinite towncred

Is he scummy? Or he just has a scummy wagon?

He, not e

Neither. Not sure.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 16, 2021, 01:55:45 pm »

I am here and have read. I worked 12 hours until 2am last night, am working 10 hours until midnight today and need to start getting ready soon. So I have reasons for where I voted that I want to share but just literally have not been able to sit at a desktop to write them down.

I can not do this game playing my style phone posting, but I'm hoping to get a couple hours tomorrow morning.

I find MiX lumping me in with the lurkers to be silly on its face. Time will tell I will blow your word count out of the water  8)
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 16, 2021, 02:00:32 pm »

I am here and have read. I worked 12 hours until 2am last night, am working 10 hours until midnight today and need to start getting ready soon. So I have reasons for where I voted that I want to share but just literally have not been able to sit at a desktop to write them down.

I can not do this game playing my style phone posting, but I'm hoping to get a couple hours tomorrow morning.

I find MiX lumping me in with the lurkers to be silly on its face. Time will tell I will blow your word count out of the water  8)

I wasn't trying to call you a lurker, but i understand that it looks like I did.

Higher post count than me? Over my dead body! :P

Why did I vote you again?

Vote: EFHW

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 16, 2021, 02:17:28 pm »

The case on Jimmmmm is not just that he's being active. It's that he's being active in a certain way in response to pressure that is consistent with his past play and inconsistent with this past town play. That's like a very good day 1 case. I appreciate faust doing the work to cross-reference it.

On top of that, he has:

-advocated for a policy exile in a really noncommittal way
-OMGUS voted for faust during their exchange
-been soft-defended by MiX in exactly the way that scum defends a partner (trying to deflect the exile without actually defending the player as townie).

There's like a lot here, fam. This isn't just nonsense.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 16, 2021, 02:32:06 pm »

Didds is the third, clearly.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 16, 2021, 02:37:28 pm »

vote: mathdude

Are you trying to do a faust? I had to go back to page 4 (and I do 50 post pages) to find your last contributions, and math was not mentioned.

vote: gkrieg
Is this the time you choose to abandon the Jimmmmm wagon?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 16, 2021, 02:38:27 pm »

I wasn't trying to call you a lurker, but i understand that it looks like I did.

Does this vote mean you are insisting I choose between faust and Jimmmmm, and can't look anywhere else? We have 48 hours left. Gkrieg has not gotten any attention and is being scummy. Could say the same about Lalight, in fact. I'm not going to vote faust today. I might go back to Jimmmmm. I am feeling uncomfortable ever since joth got involved.

PPE: See this post

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 16, 2021, 02:39:50 pm »

Does this vote mean you are insisting I choose between faust and Jimmmmm, and can't look anywhere else? We have 48 hours left. Gkrieg has not gotten any attention and is being scummy. Could say the same about Lalight, in fact. I'm not going to vote faust today. I might go back to Jimmmmm. I am feeling uncomfortable ever since joth got involved.

No, not at all. Did you mean to quote the previous post?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 16, 2021, 02:40:56 pm »

In what way did I, or anyone else for that matter, imply that the options were between faust and Jimmmmm?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 16, 2021, 02:41:50 pm »

No, I quoted the post I intended to. What was the reason for your vote, if I am wrong that it was my leaving the Jimmmmm wagon? I might have made an erroneous assumption.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 16, 2021, 02:42:00 pm »

MiX has decided he want to look at
LL/iguana/Swowl/gkrieg/e
because they weren't talked about much, then proceeded to vote for the most talked about within that group, and now is back to voting for the player who got the most votes this game and is not part of that group mentioned above - and that's after she did what he wanted and went from voting his supposed townread Jimmmmm to voting gkrieg.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 16, 2021, 02:43:46 pm »

I guess that means he took my criticism to heart and decided he needs to do something to surprise me.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 16, 2021, 02:45:55 pm »

No, I quoted the post I intended to. What was the reason for your vote, if I am wrong that it was my leaving the Jimmmmm wagon? I might have made an erroneous assumption.

In fact, Vote: faust. Scum or anti-Town, you don't get a free pass just because you want one.
@Jimmmmm, at what point did you start feeling angry at faust?

@faust, same question re: Jimmmmm.

I am willing to policy exile EFHW for this post.

It was for this post.

MiX has decided he want to look at
LL/iguana/Swowl/gkrieg/e
because they weren't talked about much, then proceeded to vote for the most talked about within that group, and now is back to voting for the player who got the most votes this game and is not part of that group mentioned above - and that's after she did what he wanted and went from voting his supposed townread Jimmmmm to voting gkrieg.

iguana was someone I gave a D1 pass to because I assumed they would clear themselves if town. Because they were busy, they have not done that, so I voted them. Then I realized that there's little reason to push them because they're busy (which is not something I had actually remembered when I voted them) and so I went back to my initial townread on them. I then reread gkrieg and found them to be townie. LL and e are not people I want to push today, and Swowl is not here at all. And I was thinking of voting EFHW from earlier today anyway.

I guess that means he took my criticism to heart and decided he needs to do something to surprise me.

Were you actually surprised by this?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 16, 2021, 02:49:32 pm »

Swowl is not here at all.
I thought if last game taught you anything, it would be to not give people who aren't around a free pass.

Why do you want to know?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 16, 2021, 02:50:39 pm »

Swowl is not here at all.
I thought if last game taught you anything, it would be to not give people who aren't around a free pass.

Why do you want to know?

Last game taught me that if you let lurkers lurk D1, you catch them D2.

Because, faust. Because. I don't think I can change my read on you anyway, but others might.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 16, 2021, 02:51:10 pm »

Idk if this needs to be said to a bunch of vets, but policy exiles are scummy because they give scum cover to get someone exiled without committing to that person being scum. We get one exile per game day. It’s not pro town to use it for anything other than pursuing our collective wincon.

vote: MiX. I did apologize.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 16, 2021, 02:52:44 pm »

Idk if this needs to be said to a bunch of vets, but policy exiles are scummy because they give scum cover to get someone exiled without committing to that person being scum. We get one exile per game day. It’s not pro town to use it for anything other than pursuing our collective wincon.

vote: MiX. I did apologize.

Sorry: to clarify, I'm scumreading that post. I'm not trying to policy exile you anymore.

Honestly, if we want to exile someone for thread health, Jimmmmm's the way to go.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 19 queries.