Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #124: Yes… ha ha ha… YES!  (Read 6661 times)

Timinou

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #124: Yes… ha ha ha… YES!
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2021, 09:04:45 am »
+2

Thanks for the win!  There were some very creative and clever designs this week, so I wasn't expecting it!

Faust's Raiding Village was one of my favorites.  I get the concern about too many Horses, but I don't think the Raiding Village pile will empty on boards with other Villages.  Even if it's the only Village, I think you start to be more thoughtful about when you play subsequent Raiding Villages on your turn. 

I'll have the next contest up later today.

spineflu

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1222
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2021, 09:27:49 am »
+1

spineflu: Pearl
⑤ Treasure - Attack - Doom
+➁

If you have an odd number of Pearls
in play, +1 Buy. Otherwise, choose
a face up Hex, turning it face down
for the turn. Each other player
receives the Hex you chose.
-
Setup: Set aside the Famine, Fear, and
Haunting Hexes, face up.

Well, this looks similar to Idol. It also looks similar to Relic. I expect the regular order of the Hexes will go Haunting, Fear, and Famine. The thing is, going through all that would require uh a lot of Pearls to be played. (Yes maybe you’ll play it for Famine if other players already Haunting/Feared some other players). Though the usage of Hexes this way is cute, I think there must be a way to cut down on the complexity/text length. I also dearly hope that Famine won’t be played too much, because that would be a lot of shuffling.

Thanks for judging! I don't think the text length is that bad - it's on par with Necromancer imo. The setup/line is really what makes it too long.

I was also surprised no-one used Hexes like this either - it really helps take words off a card.
For funzies, I made another one that outsourced its attack to a hex. It's a bit 👀

anyhow, congrats Timinou!

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2021, 10:04:08 pm »

I wonder if that means this might want to be bumped up to ④ or something at least. Though again, the attack doesn’t work early on, so that price difference doesn’t really matter that much.
Oh it's cheap to inherently defend against itself. Having a hand with Charity House + Copper means the attack won't hurt worse than Villain.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.