Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Aqueduct rule confusion  (Read 1521 times)

DooWopDJ

• Golem
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
Aqueduct rule confusion
« on: July 19, 2021, 03:59:07 pm »

I guess I do not see why the rule 'If you have Capitalism and then gain a Farmers' Market, you move 1VP from the pile onto Aqueduct.' is posted in the Aqueduct "Other rules" section.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
Re: Aqueduct rule confusion
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 05:02:33 pm »
+1

aqueduct: "when you gain a treasure, move [a VP token] from its pile to this"

farmer's market: when a player has built capitalism, during their turn, farmer's market is a treasure. it also has a "pile" of vp tokens, which accumulate from its on-play effect. so, obliquely, buying it causes you to move a token to aqueduct.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 06:26:35 pm »
+3

There is no distinction in the card text between the VP tokens placed on the Silver and Gold piles by Aqueduct's setup instructions, and VP tokens on a treasure card places there in any way. All VP tokens on treasure card piles are treated exactly the same by Aqueduct's text.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

DooWopDJ

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 10:13:41 am »

aqueduct: "when you gain a treasure, move [a VP token] from its pile to this"

farmer's market: when a player has built capitalism, during their turn, farmer's market is a treasure. it also has a "pile" of vp tokens, which accumulate from its on-play effect. so, obliquely, buying it causes you to move a token to aqueduct.

Wow.  Thanks.  I totally missed the Capitalism text '... are also Treasures ...".  That changes how we will play the project in the future.  Awesome new discovery for our games now.

DooWopDJ

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 10:26:04 am »

There is no distinction in the card text between the VP tokens placed on the Silver and Gold piles by Aqueduct's setup instructions, and VP tokens on a treasure card places there in any way. All VP tokens on treasure card piles are treated exactly the same by Aqueduct's text.

Again ... wow .. the word 'its' was easy for us to miss.  Your clarification helped us better understand this one.

chipperMDW

• Duke
  • Respect: +822
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 10:36:41 am »
+1

Wow.  Thanks.  I totally missed the Capitalism text '... are also Treasures ...".  That changes how we will play the project in the future.  Awesome new discovery for our games now.

I'm curious. What did you think Capitalism said before you noticed that?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 10:55:52 am »
+3

I'm curious. What did you think Capitalism said before you noticed that?

Yes I really want to know this as well. If you missed "are also Treasures" then you're left with "During your turns, Actions with + amounts in their text", which is a weird project to buy.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.