Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #121: All Things Come to an End  (Read 8325 times)

xyz123

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +511
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #121: All Things Come to an End
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2021, 08:24:28 am »
+1

Thank you for running the competition Faust.

Congratulations on the win X-Tra.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2021, 09:27:18 am »
+1

Congratulations, X-tra. I'm not at all surprised by the results; as soon as I saw Spelunker, I thought it was a definite shoe-in for 1st.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 02:52:23 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2021, 02:14:52 pm »
+2

Thank you Faust. Your comments are great, and I agree with them. In retrospect, I think I'd drop the + of Spelunker, perhaps. I think I would keep it with Curses instead of Ruins though, simply because it has a stronger interaction with Cursers, and there are more of them in Dominion. :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 02:18:07 pm by X-tra »
Bottom text

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1353
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2021, 03:19:25 pm »

Great for early gaining of golds or $5 cards.  Terrible for engines later on.  Can't tell if this is way too good or terrible, so I'm hoping that means it's just right.

Reminds me of a much more complex card I have. I really like Heist's simplicity, but I don't think it can really get away with "End your turn." It just creates too many rules questions. Many people will think you still do your Clean-up phase, and some will realize you don't.

"Gain a card costing up to $6. End your Action Phase.  Skip to your Cleanup Phase."
Does that sound too stupid? At this point, is the "end" even necessary? It's basically just there to clarify that you're done playing action cards now. I may have to scrap this idea.

hey good news on the "is this stupid" front: DxV does not think so. Check out "Vacation" and how it words the "end your turn" stuff.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2021, 06:19:50 pm »

Great for early gaining of golds or $5 cards.  Terrible for engines later on.  Can't tell if this is way too good or terrible, so I'm hoping that means it's just right.

Reminds me of a much more complex card I have. I really like Heist's simplicity, but I don't think it can really get away with "End your turn." It just creates too many rules questions. Many people will think you still do your Clean-up phase, and some will realize you don't.

"Gain a card costing up to $6. End your Action Phase.  Skip to your Cleanup Phase."
Does that sound too stupid? At this point, is the "end" even necessary? It's basically just there to clarify that you're done playing action cards now. I may have to scrap this idea.

hey good news on the "is this stupid" front: DxV does not think so. Check out "Vacation" and how it words the "end your turn" stuff.

Those are joke cards, so I would take their wording with a bucket of salt.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.617 seconds with 20 queries.