Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A different line for Pride Month  (Read 662 times)

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1453
    • View Profile
A different line for Pride Month
« on: June 28, 2021, 01:36:58 am »
+1

Happy Pride Month!!!

June is Pride Month in the United States (and elsewhere). To celebrate, I made this rainbow-colored, Traveller-like line. Because some of the card types that correspond to some of the colors (red Shelters, green Victory cards, purple Curses) are not playable, they can't all be traditional travellers, so they instead advance on-trashing. I tried making them dual-type, but it lost a lot of the rainbow effect I was going for. In order to ensure that trashing is available, the first card (a shelter), comes with a card-trashing heirloom.

I mostly did this for fun. I tried to design cards that fit (at least somewhat) thematically with the official game and also had some connection to Pride. The primary design objective was not gameplay, and I am aware of some of the issues the cards create.

Here are the cards:

Quote from: The Closet
THE CLOSET
SHELTER
When you trash this, gain a Macaroni.
Heirloom: Calamus

Quote from: Macaroni
MACARONI
ACTION - DURATION - TRAVELLER
+1 Card
+1 Action
At the start of your next turn, +1 Buy and +$1.

When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Labrys.
(This is not in the Supply.)

Quote from: Labrys
LABRYS
TREASURE - TRAVELLER
$1
You may trash a Treasure you have in play for +1 Coffers.

When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Lesvos Isle.

Quote from: Lesvos Isle
LESVOS ISLE
VICTORY
2VP

When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Feast of St. Sebastian.

Quote from: Feast of St. Sebastian
FEAST OF ST. SEBASTIAN
ACTION - REACTION - TRAVELLER
+2 Coffers
+2 Villagers

When any player trashes a card, you may first play this from your hand.

When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Persecution.

Quote from: Persecution
PERSECUTION
CURSE
-2 VP

When you trash this, gain a New Love.

Quote from: New Love
NEW LOVE
DAWN
Choose one: +3VP; or +$4; or gain a card to your hand costing up to $5; or +6 Cards, discard 3 cards.

And here is the Heirloom that comes with the line:

Quote from: Calamus
CALAMUS
TREASURE - HEIRLOOM
$1
Choose one: +1 Buy; or trash a card from your hand.

I get that it does not fit with the current rules to design a single Shelter. This is obviously a bit of a lark, so it would be brought into a game for fun if the players wanted. I would suggest that players could simply decide in advance to replace one of the Estates if they decided to use this line.

As for the line itself, I am well aware that in most games it probably would not be possible to complete. It is one card longer than the official lines, and usually will be harder to get through (as three of the cards need to be trashed, rather than just played). Because of that, player may well choose not to keep advancing the line (this is especially true going from the 4th card to the 5th, as they risk -2VP if stuck with the second-to-last card). The trade-off, of course, the the very powerful final card. It is also a bit unusual in that players can get, at most, a single copy of the line. If one of the Travellers is trashed (e.g. by Swindler), the line would simply be lost to the player, which risks some swinginess, especially where it is likely that players will be able to get ahold of New Love and play it multiple times.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 01:38:10 am by emtzalex »
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.