Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Which cost does Wayfarer actually look at?  (Read 710 times)

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +410
    • View Profile
Which cost does Wayfarer actually look at?
« on: June 24, 2021, 08:09:43 pm »

I'm sure this has been answered before, but it came up in an IRL game today and I couldn't find the answer. Does Wayfarer look at the current cost of the card, or the cost of the card at the time it was gained?

The example from the game today:
I have an empty discard pile and buy Fisherman for $2. Fisherman then goes to my discard pile and now costs $5. Does Wayfarer cost $2, or $5?
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
Re: Which cost does Wayfarer actually look at?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 08:48:40 pm »
+3

I'm sure this has been answered before, but it came up in an IRL game today and I couldn't find the answer. Does Wayfarer look at the current cost of the card, or the cost of the card at the time it was gained?

The example from the game today:
I have an empty discard pile and buy Fisherman for $2. Fisherman then goes to my discard pile and now costs $5. Does Wayfarer cost $2, or $5?

$5.  It looks at the current cost of that card.  Another example of how that can change: Suppose you gain a Peddler during your Action phase (for example, using Way of the Rat with Peddler).  Wayfarer is $8 during your Action phase, so you wouldn't be able to gain it with, e.g., Workshop.  But then when you go into your Buy phase, Wayfarer's cost will drop to whatever Peddler's cost drops to
They/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.