Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Duration cards and seaway  (Read 1367 times)

lcra0825

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Duration cards and seaway
« on: June 18, 2021, 01:44:54 pm »

When you play the seaway you put you +buy token on a card. What happens if it is a duration card. Do you get the +buy for the turns while it is in play or just the turn you play it?

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
Re: Duration cards and seaway
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 02:13:41 pm »
+2

When you play the seaway you put you +buy token on a card. What happens if it is a duration card. Do you get the +buy for the turns while it is in play or just the turn you play it?

Just the turn you play it.  The official rules state "Four tokens give +1 of something: +1 Action, +1 Buy, +1 Card, +$1. These tokens go on Action Supply piles. When the player whose token it is plays a card from that pile, that player first gets the bonus."

So, when you play a card with the +buy token, or any of the other vanilla bonus tokens, you first get +buy, then you do whatever the card says, which includes the duration effect if it's a duration card
They/them

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 07:19:29 am »
+2

Yeah.  I found out the hard way that +anything on a hireling is not a great move.
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10736
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 04:32:51 pm »
+4

Yeah.  I found out the hard way that +anything on a hireling is not a great move.

In my first game of Adventures, on a playtesting copy before it was released, I had gotten Teacher on my Tavern Mat. At the start of my next turn, I had 2 Hirelings in my hand, so I called Teacher to put a +action token on Hireling so that I could play them both that turn.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.