Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Someone else's Inheritance  (Read 1251 times)

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
Someone else's Inheritance
« on: June 11, 2021, 03:31:51 am »
+1

Okay okay so. I buy Inheritance. On my turn, Estates are Actions.

So on my turn, I play an Attack; my opponent plays Caravan Guard, but for whatever reason they play it according to Way of the Mouse as Vassal and hit Estate. The Estate is an Action, since it's my turn; what happens when they play it?

(a) they play the card with my Estate token on it.
(b) they play the card with their Estate token on it, if any.
(c) nothing happens (even if they've bought Inheritance).

I really can't figure this one out.

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: Someone else's Inheritance
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 04:30:56 am »
+3

Inheritance: Event, $7
Once per game: Set aside a non-Command Action card from the Supply costing up to $4. Move your Estate token to it. (During your turns, Estates are also Actions with "Play the card with your Estate token, leaving it there.")

(b) happens.

Your Inheritance effect gives the same ability to all Estates on your turns, but when your opponent plays one of theirs in the way you described, the "your" in the ability refers to them, not you. So if they inherited something themselves, the Estate will play that card. If not, the effect will do nothing, as there is no such card as required.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 02:04:43 pm »

^ Sounds right. If they haven't Inherited anything, they still play their Estate, it just has no effect when played.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 07:20:51 am »

If they haven't Inherited anything, they still play their Estate, it just has no effect when played.

The only effect would be that they played one more Action card, which I don't think could ever matter for Conspirator, but it could matter with Champion if they ended up playing Diadem later in your turn. Another extreme corner case.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 10:58:02 am »

If they haven't Inherited anything, they still play their Estate, it just has no effect when played.

The only effect would be that they played one more Action card, which I don't think could ever matter for Conspirator, but it could matter with Champion if they ended up playing Diadem later in your turn. Another extreme corner case.

They could end up playing Conspirator this turn just as well as ending up playing Diadem this turn couldn’t they?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 11:37:44 am »
+2

They could end up playing Conspirator this turn just as well as ending up playing Diadem this turn couldn’t they?

I think what Jeebus means is there's no way for playing a do-nothing Action Estate to make the difference between Conspirator being the second and third card played. (Conspirator is already the third Action just by virtue of playing Caravan Guard as Mouse, playing Vassal, finding Conspirator.) So whether or not the Estate is an Action doesn't matter for Conspirator.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 01:32:14 pm »

I think what Jeebus means is there's no way for playing a do-nothing Action Estate to make the difference between Conspirator being the second and third card played. (Conspirator is already the third Action just by virtue of playing Caravan Guard as Mouse, playing Vassal, finding Conspirator.) So whether or not the Estate is an Action doesn't matter for Conspirator.

Ah ok, I missed that Conspirator can’t be the first card played on an opponent’s turn.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.