Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 144227 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1650 on: August 01, 2021, 06:46:26 pm »

Swowl's claim for reference.

Ya'll need to chill - Apologies for "slowing it down", but it has been like a day and I had work and a "wine walk" last night.

I still prefer to wait to make sure my town read is in charge of the deck, but if it is so important to everyone I will claim it up. So here you are:

I kept my previous character from S1 - I am Sharon "Boomer" Valerii. I am Human-Aligned (and only human aligned). I am Military.

I have 2 powers.

1. Vig Shot - It only works on Military players. If I use it I have to go outside and I get a radiation. (I did clarify that if I were to target a Civilian player I would still get sick, but the shot would fail.)
2. My second power is a passive-ish that plays off of my Vig ability. If I end the day voting for a Human, my vig shot will fail that night. (No, I am not informed. Yes, it will still allow me to shoot, and thus make me sick).

Night 1) I did not shoot.
Night 2) I did not shoot.
Night 3) I shot WCD.

I can piece it together for yall later today when I have time - but in the spirit of getting things rolling there is my claim.

It also leaves me at
Vote: WCD

PPe several

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 01, 2021, 06:47:36 pm »

keeping my vote exactly where it is. My PM doesn't say human-aligned. Does anyone else's?

I think this is a scum slip guys.

gross. it says town aligned. Sorry, my ability is so focused on Human v Cylon and Military v Civilian I typoed it.

Lol at the fact that Swowl actually scum-slipped that he was "human-aligned" instead of town-aligned. It was probably in his brain from his actual alignment being resistance-aligned.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 6)
« Reply #1652 on: August 01, 2021, 06:48:20 pm »

Also, did Swowl ever get cured from his radiation poisoning? Why is he still alive?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 01, 2021, 06:53:13 pm »

So Swowl ended the day voting for gkrieg and decided to get radiation poisoning and shoot Didds. If it was me, I'd have been not voting or voting no exile the day before I tried using the vig.

The human-aligned could have been a typo. 50/50 there.

Did you have some reason to think gkrieg wasn't human? His claimed power would suggest human > Cylon.

I have been pretty clear in regards to thinking GK was potentially cylon. Red to be specific.
Also if I vote no one, and then shoot known military WCD. All we get is the flip of WCD. If she is skum, then yay... but if she is Town then I put us in the hole -1 and we learned nothing else for sure.

This way, imo at least, was way better. If WCD flipped Green, GK is cylon. If WCD flipped Red, GK is cylon. If WCD did not flip, then GK is human... which looks really bad for WCD given she was the only other one off Pasta.

This post is also kind of non-sensical if you have been paying attention to the game at this point.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 01, 2021, 06:55:08 pm »

I have not read what’s been written since that post of Dylan’s I’ replied to just now, but I’m changing planes so I wanted to get this out so we don’t stall.

I am Kara Thrace (aka Starbuck)

I have two related powers. At night I can go out beyond the border, when I do, I take radiation. While there I have two related choices. Copilot, which is essentially a bodyguard, and Defy Orders (1-shot) which means the target is informed that they were targeted by me and my action cannot fail.

N1, I didn’t do anything
N2, I used both copilot and defy orders on MiX. This is why I was joking around with him about trust on D3.
D3, I had radiation poisoning, which is why I advocated that we leave Scola alive. If he actually did have a cure I needed one because LL was gone. I can also describe the flavor associated with having poisoning if Dylan wants to test me.
N3, I didn’t do anything but I was apparently cured by MiX, unless there is another poison doc, because on D4 I was no longer poisoned. Since I wasn’t around to ask MiX to cure me at the end of D3, I assume that he read enough into my “wait and see” to figure it out. I didn’t get any notification that I had been cured, but I checked with faust and he said I was no longer poisoned.

This is very similar to my power in the first game, but in that game I had a faction restriction (target had to be military).

Note also that WCD was strangely cured from radiation, so it could be a factional thing that they can't be poisoned by radiation or maybe Swowl can cure people of radiation.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 01, 2021, 06:59:12 pm »

I have a finding that directly contradicts Didds' claim. That finding says she targeted Swowl N3. This is why I asked her today what she thought of Swowl. Weird that Swowl claims to have targeted her. I double checked my qt and I am interpreting my results correctly.

This is interesting.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 5)
« Reply #1656 on: August 01, 2021, 07:02:08 pm »

Is Dylan lying about his role? Evidence- it seems a little too good.

Dylan's power does seem OP.

I pointed this out the other day when we were doing claims. Why wait until he is gone to jump on board?
I don't think he lied.

So you think Jack lied? Because uh... that is a strong set of powers for a team.

PPE - glooble hammer... guess we are finding out either way now nvm.

What did you mean about Jack lying?

Well If Jack can make Dylan un targetable and Dylan can block 2 people.... One of them lied. So if it is not Dylan, it is Jack. That set up is like follow the cop x 1000

It isn't follow the cop because it would make Dylan untargetable but give him radiation poisoning, so it has a limited time it can be used unless Dylan is constantly being healed from the radiation, which is then already too complicated (requires a 3rd person not in their faction.)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 01, 2021, 07:11:45 pm »

According to Dylan, his power already gave him radiation poisoning, so it was self-limited that way.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 01, 2021, 07:14:34 pm »

gkrieg's theory that Swowl took 3 actions N4 is indeed the simplest theory in that it allows everyone to be telling the truth except Swowl.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 01, 2021, 07:29:24 pm »

keeping my vote exactly where it is. My PM doesn't say human-aligned. Does anyone else's?

gross. it says town aligned. Sorry, my ability is so focused on Human v Cylon and Military v Civilian I typoed it.

Lol at the fact that Swowl actually scum-slipped that he was "human-aligned" instead of town-aligned. It was probably in his brain from his actual alignment being resistance-aligned.

Didds made the same mistake after Swowl. How does that fit into their being partners?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 01, 2021, 08:41:38 pm »

So my guess is that Dylan actually had the power he claimed, but was redirected by Swowl, which is why he got the result that he did, with Swowl targeting Dylan and also EFHW.
Can you explain how Dylan targeted town!Glooble and got scum's target(s) as an answer?

Dylan targets Glooble and Swowl.

Swowl targets: EFHW with a kill, Dylan with a redirect power, Jack with something else?

Not entirely sure, but I guess the simpler answer is just that Swowl tried to kill you and tried to kill Dylan, or targeted Dylan with a different power. Not sure exactly how Jack gets into that mix, from either Glooble, Swowl or redirection, but I think it's possible that Swowl used a factional ability and two personal abilities in the same night while Glooble did nothing?

I gotta go coach for a few hours, but before I go... no.

The simplest explanation is you are lying (or Dylan I guess) and I am not a super human that can take a million actions a night.

It is certainly not the simplest explanation. It requires both that Dylan and I are lying, which would either require lots of luck (and Dylan tanking his future games), or coordination (which again pretty much thanks Dylan's future games).

It is much simpler that you took two normal actions and one faction ability. You then claimed that you vigged Dylan.

If we assume that Dylan didn't lie about his power, then this is the simplest explanation as to why no one died N4.

1. Dylan tanking his future games is a completely nullified concept. Everyone knows regardless of what he did no one was gonna policy lynch him. If anything we would still do it now, he has the damn points... whether or not he lied does not matter.

2. Both of you do not have to be knowingly lying. You could of been (probably were) manipulating his actions in some way. The other explanation is he was lying.

I have thought a little about what it is you could of done to make it so you are the only one lying though... and I gotta give you this... I do think you are both lying.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 01, 2021, 08:42:10 pm »

So Swowl ended the day voting for gkrieg and decided to get radiation poisoning and shoot Didds. If it was me, I'd have been not voting or voting no exile the day before I tried using the vig.

The human-aligned could have been a typo. 50/50 there.

Did you have some reason to think gkrieg wasn't human? His claimed power would suggest human > Cylon.

I have been pretty clear in regards to thinking GK was potentially cylon. Red to be specific.
Also if I vote no one, and then shoot known military WCD. All we get is the flip of WCD. If she is skum, then yay... but if she is Town then I put us in the hole -1 and we learned nothing else for sure.

This way, imo at least, was way better. If WCD flipped Green, GK is cylon. If WCD flipped Red, GK is cylon. If WCD did not flip, then GK is human... which looks really bad for WCD given she was the only other one off Pasta.

This post is also kind of non-sensical if you have been paying attention to the game at this point.

explain to me what is nonsensical about this. it literally led me to leading the WCD wagon.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 01, 2021, 08:42:49 pm »

fairly certain I have covered this already.
Same character S1. Town also S1. Human-Aligned S1.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 01, 2021, 08:44:30 pm »

I have a finding that directly contradicts Didds' claim. That finding says she targeted Swowl N3. This is why I asked her today what she thought of Swowl. Weird that Swowl claims to have targeted her. I double checked my qt and I am interpreting my results correctly.

This is interesting.

This is the only explanation I have for why I am not irradiated. Something didds did prevented me from attempting the shot.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 5)
« Reply #1664 on: August 01, 2021, 08:47:53 pm »

Is Dylan lying about his role? Evidence- it seems a little too good.

Dylan's power does seem OP.

I pointed this out the other day when we were doing claims. Why wait until he is gone to jump on board?
I don't think he lied.

So you think Jack lied? Because uh... that is a strong set of powers for a team.

PPE - glooble hammer... guess we are finding out either way now nvm.

What did you mean about Jack lying?

Well If Jack can make Dylan un targetable and Dylan can block 2 people.... One of them lied. So if it is not Dylan, it is Jack. That set up is like follow the cop x 1000

It isn't follow the cop because it would make Dylan untargetable but give him radiation poisoning, so it has a limited time it can be used unless Dylan is constantly being healed from the radiation, which is then already too complicated (requires a 3rd person not in their faction.)

there have been 2 flipped radiation doctors and another who claimed to be one but was skum. How is that too complicated? They were a 3rd faction that LITERALLY used another faction to win the game for them. They absolutely did not need a 3rd person.

This is another reason why I assume they were lying. I assume they were 100% sure they knew they would be removed from the game which is why they cared not of the radiation.
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: August 01, 2021, 09:08:33 pm »

Didds made the same mistake after Swowl. How does that fit into their being partners?

First, I didn’t say that it fits into them being partners, just that he actually did scum slip.

they didn’t have the actual town role to look at and Swowl went first right?  Swowl could have put his fake claim in their mafia chat before he claimed (also note how he posted a few times before claiming, which could’ve been to make sure Didds saw the post before he posted in the main thread.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 01, 2021, 09:16:12 pm »

So my guess is that Dylan actually had the power he claimed, but was redirected by Swowl, which is why he got the result that he did, with Swowl targeting Dylan and also EFHW.
Can you explain how Dylan targeted town!Glooble and got scum's target(s) as an answer?

Dylan targets Glooble and Swowl.

Swowl targets: EFHW with a kill, Dylan with a redirect power, Jack with something else?

Not entirely sure, but I guess the simpler answer is just that Swowl tried to kill you and tried to kill Dylan, or targeted Dylan with a different power. Not sure exactly how Jack gets into that mix, from either Glooble, Swowl or redirection, but I think it's possible that Swowl used a factional ability and two personal abilities in the same night while Glooble did nothing?

I gotta go coach for a few hours, but before I go... no.

The simplest explanation is you are lying (or Dylan I guess) and I am not a super human that can take a million actions a night.

It is certainly not the simplest explanation. It requires both that Dylan and I are lying, which would either require lots of luck (and Dylan tanking his future games), or coordination (which again pretty much thanks Dylan's future games).

It is much simpler that you took two normal actions and one faction ability. You then claimed that you vigged Dylan.

If we assume that Dylan didn't lie about his power, then this is the simplest explanation as to why no one died N4.

1. Dylan tanking his future games is a completely nullified concept. Everyone knows regardless of what he did no one was gonna policy lynch him. If anything we would still do it now, he has the damn points... whether or not he lied does not matter.

2. Both of you do not have to be knowingly lying. You could of been (probably were) manipulating his actions in some way. The other explanation is he was lying.

I have thought a little about what it is you could of done to make it so you are the only one lying though... and I gotta give you this... I do think you are both lying.

This exactly. For me to be scum, I had to lie AND Dylan had to lie.

Just go back and read Dylan making the deal with EFHW. I think it is clear that he is telling the truth.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1667 on: August 01, 2021, 09:51:22 pm »

Dylan definitely lied about me being scum though, so I don’t see any reason to think he would have told the truth about anything else.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 01, 2021, 10:05:13 pm »

Dylan definitely lied about me being scum though, so I don’t see any reason to think he would have told the truth about anything else.

He didn’t lie about his results, he just misinterpreted them.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 01, 2021, 10:12:25 pm »

Or he lied about them. Or you did something to mess with them.
real good. That’s how

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1670 on: August 02, 2021, 06:12:45 am »

I don’t know why everyone is coming to this conclusion. It seems much more likely to me he was lying to secure his own wincon and mess with town.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 02, 2021, 08:45:50 am »

Also, what cards did you get, Admiral?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 02, 2021, 09:22:32 am »

I don’t know why everyone is coming to this conclusion. It seems much more likely to me he was lying to secure his own wincon and mess with town.
How does that make more sense? Which part of his claim do you see as the lie?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1673 on: August 02, 2021, 10:00:21 am »

How does that make more sense? Which part of his claim do you see as the lie?

I don't think his role had an investigative component at all. I think he made that up so he would have information to trade.

He/ Him

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 02, 2021, 10:54:41 am »

Also, did Swowl ever get cured from his radiation poisoning? Why is he still alive?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.