Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 142839 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2021, 08:05:36 am »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2021, 08:09:32 am »

No but you're scummier
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2021, 08:09:57 am »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2021, 08:18:36 am »

Two OMGUS's in a row? Maybe I'm onto something
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2021, 09:04:48 am »

Also, it's not a policy vote. If it was, I would have clearly stated it s such. I would have asked others to vote too if scola didn't show up by X time. As I said, it's just a "gentle prod".

We vote to prod all the time, so I'm confused by gkrieg's reaction. However, it is not felt as a gentle prod. More like an energetic one.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2021, 10:04:50 am »

Also, it's not a policy vote. If it was, I would have clearly stated it s such. I would have asked others to vote too if scola didn't show up by X time. As I said, it's just a "gentle prod".

Why did you vote for scola specifically. Or would you have voted for anyone in their position, like you have a policy that you vote for people who haven’t participated in a game at all at a certain point?

Eh, probably not worth arguing over whether it was policy or not. I just think it jumped too quickly on the “I can do something that other people do all the time so that I fit in and look townie”. I also disagree that it is RVS if you had a valid reason to vote for someone.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2021, 10:05:58 am »

Gkrieg feels off so far this game.  Too quiet.  /randomgutread

There has been a lot of posts, but I would argue not as much content as people seem to think.  The MiX/Math thing feels completely contrived in the worst way possible, so that's a strong early combo.

2.7 is town, I think.

Because I’m usually soooo loud D1.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2021, 10:28:29 am »

Hi all. Sorry for the late catchup; it's been a little busy... Will go back and reread things at some point later.

One thing I noticed, MiX, when did mathdude say they switched characters? Did I miss that.

For the record, I switched. I wasn't sure what it'd be like to be what seemed to be a Cylon (my flavor was a number) as town aligned for season 2 (or if scum, have a huge target). That said, now I'm not so sure - did anyone else notice the flavor text? It reads from the point of view of Cylons, no? Not sure how to interpret that.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2021, 10:48:53 am »

Hi all. Sorry for the late catchup; it's been a little busy... Will go back and reread things at some point later.

One thing I noticed, MiX, when did mathdude say they switched characters? Did I miss that.

For the record, I switched. I wasn't sure what it'd be like to be what seemed to be a Cylon (my flavor was a number) as town aligned for season 2 (or if scum, have a huge target). That said, now I'm not so sure - did anyone else notice the flavor text? It reads from the point of view of Cylons, no? Not sure how to interpret that.

Well, the cylons did win. And unlike the previous game, they don't seem to be the bad guys.

Math mentioned switching characters in post-game.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2021, 10:54:18 am »

I went back and read Jack's S1.  Very minimal, but doesn't feel "lurky" scum as much as "tentative not really sure how to interact" scum.  Which I guess is how you could define lurking. How many other games have you been in Jack? Would love to see more thoughts on stuff this here in S2 than in S1

Still not a fan of how quickly Jack decided to claim as a defense - 2 votes in RVS is nothing. But is it scummy? I am going to leave my vote there for now.

One other game, as a replacement for a Mafioso who had gone AWOL. I didn't last very long.

I feel it's also important to note, Jack was scum in season one of this, and he was very much new!scum who didn't know how to interact, and rapidly offering up info is something completely opposite of what I saw as his partner in that round. Like, we were constantly trying to get him to share his thoughts and opinions and fake reads, anything, but it turned out that just playing the "I'm new and have no idea what to do to even say anything" worked out for him (and the scum team as a whole). Given that context, and that he subbed in as mafia for his second game ever, in which he still felt very similar to his first game, this feels a lot more like new town that is excited to have something they can say truthfully without having to worry about lying.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2021, 10:58:56 am »

I went back and read Jack's S1.  Very minimal, but doesn't feel "lurky" scum as much as "tentative not really sure how to interact" scum.  Which I guess is how you could define lurking. How many other games have you been in Jack? Would love to see more thoughts on stuff this here in S2 than in S1

Still not a fan of how quickly Jack decided to claim as a defense - 2 votes in RVS is nothing. But is it scummy? I am going to leave my vote there for now.

One other game, as a replacement for a Mafioso who had gone AWOL. I didn't last very long.

I feel it's also important to note, Jack was scum in season one of this, and he was very much new!scum who didn't know how to interact, and rapidly offering up info is something completely opposite of what I saw as his partner in that round. Like, we were constantly trying to get him to share his thoughts and opinions and fake reads, anything, but it turned out that just playing the "I'm new and have no idea what to do to even say anything" worked out for him (and the scum team as a whole). Given that context, and that he subbed in as mafia for his second game ever, in which he still felt very similar to his first game, this feels a lot more like new town that is excited to have something they can say truthfully without having to worry about lying.

Yeah, this is my current Jack read, as well.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2021, 11:47:56 am »

But does town Jack just share role stuff so early with what really was almost no pressure? Maybe, I guess. But I think it’s strange.

Hi Scola! Glad you could make it.  Dylan! I love weddings, I hope it’s super fun and that the cake is delicious. Please report back. MiXy, I’m the everybuddy!

I did not switch people because Starbuck is the best nickname of any character ever.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2021, 11:55:08 am »

But does town Jack just share role stuff so early with what really was almost no pressure? Maybe, I guess. But I think it’s strange.

Hi Scola! Glad you could make it.  Dylan! I love weddings, I hope it’s super fun and that the cake is delicious. Please report back. MiXy, I’m the everybuddy!

I did not switch people because Starbuck is the best nickname of any character ever.

I don't know what town Jack does. But I don't think scum Jack does that.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2021, 12:00:33 pm »

I don't know what town Jack does. But I don't think scum Jack does that.

Hmmmm….okay, yeah. I guess we haven’t seen town Jack yet. Or even just more active Jack. So, hard to know. But I think I’m maybe agreeing with you.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2021, 12:30:34 pm »

Yeah, what MiX said.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2021, 01:02:43 pm »

Well, the cylons did win. And unlike the previous game, they don't seem to be the bad guys.

It does seem like it isn't humans vs. cylons this season. Does anyone who knows the flavor have an idea of who town and scum might represent? I have reason to believe it's not military vs. civilian, assuming that I haven't been given a personal arc that is impossible to achieve.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2021, 01:34:53 pm »

I will neither confirm nor deny whether I followed through with that switch in my QT. I'm not sure at the moment if it's helpful.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2021, 01:43:25 pm »

unvote

If I had to vote today, I'd be okay putting a vote on MiX, ADK, LL, or gkrieg at the moment. But I'm glad we still have time, as those are just gut feelings for now.

I'm happy with the arguments made for town!Jack for now, even though claiming that early does not look townie to me.
he/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2021, 02:15:53 pm »

vote: ADK

I feel like this is a better place for my vote.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2021, 02:51:21 pm »

Vote Count 1.3

Jack Rudd (1): Glooble
MiX (2): ashersky, A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (3): Jack Rudd, MiX, 2.71828.....
2.71828..... (1): gkrieg13
LaLight (1): WestCoastDidds

Not Voting (7): EFHW, scolapasta, LaLight, Dylan32, Swowl, Cylons, mathdude

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to exile. Day 1 ends June 28, 2021, 03:00:00 pm.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2021, 03:11:40 pm »

vote: ADK

I feel like this is a better place for my vote.

Why?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2021, 03:40:20 pm »

The following executive order has been enacted:
Vigil
Tonight, all player who control the same player they did the previous game may use an active power they had in that game instead of their current powers. Powers with limited shots may only be used if the shots have not yet been used up.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2021, 03:51:23 pm »

Huh, I forgot all about the executive order - interesting that there was no discussion about it.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2021, 03:53:49 pm »

Huh, I forgot all about the executive order - interesting that there was no discussion about it.

What is there to discuss in advance?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2021, 03:54:00 pm »

I didn't try to reason with ash, and I bet he didn't try to reason with me either.

Last time I decided to get opinions publicly it backfired so now I decided to trust ash more than the thread.

Also, no one actually answered my initial question of how open I should be.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.