Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 142917 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2021, 01:39:10 pm »

we are supposed to no exile

also-also I have a reason to believe scum doesn't have a night kill, moreso poisoning. Radiation poisoning to be exact

What leads you to believe no night kill? Given the win con, that just like... seems unlikely.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2021, 02:28:14 pm »

Here's a hint, math: as any alignment, I will only say what I know from public knowledge. But! I will not say something that I know is false due to private information. This can bite me in the ass as scum, but because I say things with this level of confidence about everything, scum can't know when I have inside info.

Did that clarify anything?

Doesn't help me much. Just confirms to me that I will likely always have a very hard time town-reading you. I'll either be unsure or see you as scummy.

How is this scummy?

It's just not the way I approach the game. I see there as many possible outcomes since I don't have all the info and need to make assumptions. And I state things as such: "maybe... this or this". You state things as fact. Then you get questioned on how you "know" something and say you just believe it's true. I find that scummy.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2021, 02:28:54 pm »

Here's a hint, math: as any alignment, I will only say what I know from public knowledge. But! I will not say something that I know is false due to private information. This can bite me in the ass as scum, but because I say things with this level of confidence about everything, scum can't know when I have inside info.

Doesn't help me much. Just confirms to me that I will likely always have a very hard time town-reading you. I'll either be unsure or see you as scummy.

How is this scummy?

It's just not the way I approach the game. I see there as many possible outcomes since I don't have all the info and need to make assumptions. And I state things as such: "maybe... this or this". You state things as fact. Then you get questioned on how you "know" something and say you just believe it's true. I find that scummy.

I continue to fail to understand how this makes me more likely to be scum instead of town.

Do you not consider all outcomes as scum too?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2021, 02:29:33 pm »

Then you get questioned on how you "know" something and say you just believe it's true. I find that scummy.

Like if you already know my answer then how is it alignment indicative?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2021, 02:35:38 pm »

How is this scummy?

I continue to fail to understand how this makes me more likely to be scum instead of town.

Do you not consider all outcomes as scum too?

Thinking you are scum and finding something you do scummy are two different things. Sometimes related, but different.

I find your playstyle scummy. I'm working to distinguish real reads from your playstyle. At the moment, I don't know how I feel about you yet this game. But I think I have a problem with authority!
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2021, 02:36:17 pm »

What is "scummy"?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2021, 02:54:12 pm »

I'm putting money down on mix and math being scum partners
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2021, 02:55:08 pm »

Nightmare team!

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2021, 05:35:02 pm »

Nightmare team!

Nightmare for us probably. I think it would be difficult and awkward for us to still interact in game. I do look forward to that challenge one game, hopefully soon. But it's not this one.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2021, 06:12:45 pm »

What is "scummy"?

Hard to really say. A gut feel?
Probably the simplest approximation is to say something that feels like it's helping scum or at least harming town, more than it's helping town..

An example could be role claiming a role that is usually scum. It looks scummy, but may not make me think they're scum. I think someone did that in a recent game, claiming Prostitute... my initial reaction was "scum would actually fake claim, so that must be a weird town role" (I don't remember if they ended up being town or scum, but I think I was just watching from speccy).
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2021, 06:15:34 pm »

PPE: No, I shouldn't. I'm pretty sure this was proven a few games ago. Now, should I try? Maybe yes, maybe you're right.

but no, I get it.  The more you post the more chance people have to find something scummy in between the lines.  There is a reason scum are able to lurk to a win.

Speaking of lurking....

Players:
1. Jack Rudd - 7 posts
2. 2.71828..... - 21 posts
3. WestCoastDidds - 2 posts
4. MiX - 20 posts
5. EFHW - 3 posts
6. scolapasta - 0 posts
7. LaLight - 2 posts
8. Dylan32 - 3 posts
9. A Drowned Kernel - 3 posts
10. Swowl - 3 posts
11. gkrieg13 - 1 post
12. ashersky - 2 posts
13. Glooble - 8 posts
14. mathdude - 5 posts

vote: scola

It's been long enough. Where are you?
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2021, 10:29:01 pm »

Holy content, Batman! I’m on family vacation this week so I don’t have the bandwidth to keep up with the line by line, but I’m definitely following the bigger throughlines.

Mix’s list is upside down. Glooble shouldn’t feel bad about whiffing on Eddie. Math’s shorter responses are appreciated. E is back and being awesome. He feels somewhat scummy but I’m not gonna vote for him because I’ve missed him. Where’s Scola? I feel like we lost before when we couldn’t get an exile off so

Vote: LaLight
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2021, 10:34:22 pm »

--snip--

also-also I have a reason to believe scum doesn't have a night kill, moreso poisoning. Radiation poisoning to be exact

I have reason to believe this is not the case.

Like several have already said, hard pass on an early no exile, but unlike Didds I don't think scum!LL would drop that second line right at their entrance to the game.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2021, 10:36:20 pm »

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to be out of town for a wedding and all the associated events with being in the wedding party, so I'll be VLA until Sunday evening. I should be able to check in a few times throughout the rest of the week, but I might miss a day or two.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2021, 12:12:26 am »

PPE: No, I shouldn't. I'm pretty sure this was proven a few games ago. Now, should I try? Maybe yes, maybe you're right.

but no, I get it.  The more you post the more chance people have to find something scummy in between the lines.  There is a reason scum are able to lurk to a win.

Speaking of lurking....

Players:
1. Jack Rudd - 7 posts
4. MiX - 20 posts
5. EFHW - 3 posts
6. scolapasta - 0 posts
7. LaLight - 2 posts
8. Dylan32 - 3 posts
10. Swowl - 3 posts
11. gkrieg13 - 1 post
12. ashersky - 2 posts
13. Glooble - 8 posts
14. mathdude - 5 posts

I definitely don’t like this policy vote.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2021, 01:21:21 am »

Gkrieg feels off so far this game.  Too quiet.  /randomgutread

There has been a lot of posts, but I would argue not as much content as people seem to think.  The MiX/Math thing feels completely contrived in the worst way possible, so that's a strong early combo.

2.7 is town, I think.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2021, 01:28:01 am »

Holy content, Batman! I’m on family vacation this week so I don’t have the bandwidth to keep up with the line by line, but I’m definitely following the bigger throughlines.

Mix’s list is upside down. Glooble shouldn’t feel bad about whiffing on Eddie. Math’s shorter responses are appreciated. E is back and being awesome. He feels somewhat scummy but I’m not gonna vote for him because I’ve missed him. Where’s Scola? I feel like we lost before when we couldn’t get an exile off so

Nice refreshing cheerful Didds. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2021, 01:30:18 am »

Speaking of lurking....

Players:
1. Jack Rudd - 7 posts
4. MiX - 20 posts
5. EFHW - 3 posts
6. scolapasta - 0 posts
7. LaLight - 2 posts
8. Dylan32 - 3 posts
10. Swowl - 3 posts
11. gkrieg13 - 1 post
12. ashersky - 2 posts
13. Glooble - 8 posts
14. mathdude - 5 posts

I agree.  I posted in part to highlight just how "way-too-early" MiX's reads list was.  But also in part to gently prod people for more content.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2021, 01:48:04 am »

I went back and read Jack's S1.  Very minimal, but doesn't feel "lurky" scum as much as "tentative not really sure how to interact" scum.  Which I guess is how you could define lurking. How many other games have you been in Jack? Would love to see more thoughts on stuff this here in S2 than in S1

Still not a fan of how quickly Jack decided to claim as a defense - 2 votes in RVS is nothing. But is it scummy? I am going to leave my vote there for now.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2021, 01:52:11 am »

To note - if there is anything someone thinks I should definitely take note of in S1 let me know.  I have just been reading as I go.  For example, solo-ing Jack to either help confirm or weaken my scum read.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2021, 03:45:51 am »

One other game, as a replacement for a Mafioso who had gone AWOL. I didn't last very long.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2021, 06:06:48 am »

Speaking of lurking....

Players:
1. Jack Rudd - 7 posts
4. MiX - 20 posts
5. EFHW - 3 posts
6. scolapasta - 0 posts
7. LaLight - 2 posts
8. Dylan32 - 3 posts
10. Swowl - 3 posts
11. gkrieg13 - 1 post
12. ashersky - 2 posts
13. Glooble - 8 posts
14. mathdude - 5 posts

I agree.  I posted in part to highlight just how "way-too-early" MiX's reads list was.  But also in part to gently prod people for more content.

You post like you did to "gently prod" someone. I vote for them to do the same... especially D1 RVS. I don't expect my vote wil stay there unless scola shows up with obv!scum responses.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2021, 06:11:23 am »

Also, it's not a policy vote. If it was, I would have clearly stated it s such. I would have asked others to vote too if scola didn't show up by X time. As I said, it's just a "gentle prod".
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2021, 07:41:14 am »

Nice refreshing cheerful Didds.

Nice buddying?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2021, 08:05:13 am »

vote: mix
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.