Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 142784 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2021, 11:09:37 am »

I used to text-wall long posts, with multi-quotes. But I learned recently it's easier for people to respond (specifically to quote my posts if needed, especially from mobile) if I make multiple smaller posts. So I'll try to do that more. It hurts me a little inside to multi-post, but I think I'll get over it.

we are supposed to no exile

also-also I have a reason to believe scum doesn't have a night kill, moreso poisoning. Radiation poisoning to be exact
This sounds like more than just reading setup posts. It sounds like there may actually be a valid strategy in using the no exile. It's a question of whether we do it now, later, all the time... who knows? I'm sure there's more we don't know.
he/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2021, 11:10:58 am »

I have a funny feeling Jack and e are on opposite alignments. If I had to guess, I'd say e's the scum one.

People should definitely claim if they swapped characters. Of course I didn't, since I'm the president.

This is already a strong claim for D1... are you getting that much between Jack and e? Or do you know more than the rest of us?

Bold strong (sometimes crazy) opinions are how MiX plays. I find it refreshing, others find it scummy
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2021, 11:13:54 am »

I used to text-wall long posts, with multi-quotes. But I learned recently it's easier for people to respond (specifically to quote my posts if needed, especially from mobile) if I make multiple smaller posts. So I'll try to do that more. It hurts me a little inside to multi-post, but I think I'll get over it.

also-also I have a reason to believe scum doesn't have a night kill, moreso poisoning. Radiation poisoning to be exact
This sounds like more than just reading setup posts. It sounds like there may actually be a valid strategy in using the no exile. It's a question of whether we do it now, later, all the time... who knows? I'm sure there's more we don't know.

I play almost exclusively on mobile, so thanks.

That being said I am a sucker for giving town reads to people who post long posts
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2021, 11:14:33 am »

also-also I have a reason to believe scum doesn't have a night kill, more so poisoning. Radiation poisoning to be exact

Given the wincon, there must be an nk, or it would be too easy to accomplish. Radiation seems to kill slowly, if at all. It could just weaken or cancel powers.

Radiation kills...oh! I guess we don't know this for sure. But I would be very surprised if it didn't. I'm positive scum has a normal NK though, or at least they aren't just poisoning everyone.

Is this typical MiX, claiming something is fact when it's just an opinion? Or does MiX "know" the exact opposite to what LaLight said earlier that they have "reason to believe"?
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2021, 11:24:09 am »

Here's a hint, math: as any alignment, I will only say what I know from public knowledge. But! I will not say something that I know is false due to private information. This can bite me in the ass as scum, but because I say things with this level of confidence about everything, scum can't know when I have inside info.

Did that clarify anything?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2021, 12:09:40 pm »

Here's a hint, math: as any alignment, I will only say what I know from public knowledge. But! I will not say something that I know is false due to private information. This can bite me in the ass as scum, but because I say things with this level of confidence about everything, scum can't know when I have inside info.

Doesn't help me much. Just confirms to me that I will likely always have a very hard time town-reading you. I'll either be unsure or see you as scummy.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2021, 12:13:34 pm »

Doesn't help me much. Just confirms to me that I will likely always have a very hard time town-reading you. I'll either be unsure or see you as scummy.

How is this scummy?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2021, 12:15:01 pm »

If I make it to like day 3 I usually will make a wall post or two. Or after a really eventful day 1. Honestly, Eddie flipping town in memento after my exhaustive case on him is really making me doubt my ability to play this game. It felt airtight. I'm feeling like "why bother making a case like that again?"

But we'll see.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2021, 12:16:50 pm »

You've seen 2 town games and a scum game from me. What do you think, in your humble opinion, are my town traits? My scum traits? My town tells? My scum tells?

I wasn't caught on my latest scum game by PoE alone. I was scummy, and you know it: you scumread me. Why? Voice that thought process, and you'll be able to form reads on me beyond null and scummy.

If I make it to like day 3 I usually will make a wall post or two. Or after a really eventful day 1. Honestly, Eddie flipping town in memento after my exhaustive case on him is really making me doubt my ability to play this game. It felt airtight. I'm feeling like "why bother making a case like that again?"

But we'll see.

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2021, 12:17:18 pm »

On the subject of no exile, I think I'm anti, at least for day 1? Feels like we have essentially two paths to victory and they undermine each other, but it's a lot easier to swap to the "no removals" win con later on than it is to start with it and handicap ourselves.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2021, 12:18:06 pm »

On the subject of no exile, I think I'm anti, at least for day 1? Feels like we have essentially two paths to victory and they undermine each other, but it's a lot easier to swap to the "no removals" win con later on than it is to start with it and handicap ourselves.

Awaclus' spirit remains in this game, and he says that no exiling is what lost town the previous game. I'm always going to exile, and so should we. In fact, the win condition wants us to exile early, only later should we consider not doing so.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2021, 12:20:40 pm »

I think that was a needlessly confusing way of articulating my thoughts. Let me start over.

If we choose to no exile tonight, that gives us a chance of winning through the alternate win-con, but it decreases our chance of winning by the normal win-con enough that I don't think it's worth it, especially when we factor in not having a normal day one with wagons and an exile that we can analyze once we have more info.

PPE: MiX, but I think he's just agreeing with me.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2021, 12:24:03 pm »

Oh, and also, vote: Jack Rudd because I'm townreading MiX now and that's the only other sizable wagon.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2021, 12:24:35 pm »

I was, indeed, agreeing with you.

I should probably not reply to everything, right? I kinda want to though.

Glooble, who do you think is scum? What do you think of my Jack vs e theory?

PPE: Oh...hmm...

Unvote if you're voting Jack because of me.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2021, 12:29:59 pm »

I was, indeed, agreeing with you.

I should probably not reply to everything, right? I kinda want to though.

Glooble, who do you think is scum? What do you think of my Jack vs e theory?

PPE: Oh...hmm...

Unvote if you're voting Jack because of me.

no, you should.

The Jack vs. e theory is an interesting one, we will have to see how much stock I put in it after Jack flips.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2021, 12:32:38 pm »

Reads list because it's page 5 so there's TONS OF CONTENT (/s)

Town: Jack, Glooble, gkrieg, LL

Towny: ADK, EFHW, math

Null: ash, Swowl(?)

Scummy: Dylan, Didds, Swowl(?)

Scum: e

PPE: No, I shouldn't. I'm pretty sure this was proven a few games ago. Now, should I try? Maybe yes, maybe you're right.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2021, 12:35:17 pm »

Reads list because it's page 5 so there's TONS OF CONTENT (/s)

Town: Jack, Glooble, gkrieg, LL

Towny: ADK, EFHW, math

Null: ash, Swowl(?)

Scummy: Dylan, Didds, Swowl(?)

Scum: e

PPE: No, I shouldn't. I'm pretty sure this was proven a few games ago. Now, should I try? Maybe yes, maybe you're right.

Nothing like a good reads list to get yourself on everyone's town list. It seems to be a little topsy turvy, but you know, E for Effort!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2021, 12:37:07 pm »

Vote: 2.71828..... for brig leader!

That's like the first time I've written your name. At least if you count the dots.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2021, 12:42:26 pm »

but no, I get it.  The more you post the more chance people have to find something scummy in between the lines.  There is a reason scum are able to lurk to a win.

Speaking of lurking....

Players:
1. Jack Rudd - 7 posts
2. 2.71828..... - 21 posts
3. WestCoastDidds - 2 posts
4. MiX - 20 posts
5. EFHW - 3 posts
6. scolapasta - 0 posts
7. LaLight - 2 posts
8. Dylan32 - 3 posts
9. A Drowned Kernel - 3 posts
10. Swowl - 3 posts
11. gkrieg13 - 1 post
12. ashersky - 2 posts
13. Glooble - 8 posts
14. mathdude - 5 posts

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2021, 12:43:18 pm »

Vote: 2.71828..... for brig leader!

That's like the first time I've written your name. At least if you count the dots.

You got all 5 dots! I don't know why I did that.  I was a young crazy college kid....8 years ago....

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2021, 12:45:25 pm »

To be fair, it has been less than 24 hours since day start.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2021, 01:00:06 pm »

Huh, I looked through the not voting people and I could've swore all of them posted.

Are you scumreading me e, I don't get it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2021, 01:25:03 pm »

Huh, I looked through the not voting people and I could've swore all of them posted.

Are you scumreading me e, I don't get it.

no, you are town.  100%

I am just suffering from post mafia deprivation syndrome and getting all the posts that I didn't make over the last year all at once

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2021, 01:30:06 pm »

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

I ROFLcoptered at this. So true.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2021, 01:36:22 pm »

Damn man - start my morning re read of the "MiX and E! in the Morning" show...

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.