Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 144592 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I think I'm going to /out.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (1 spot open)
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 09:13:26 am »

Alright, then we'll need one more player to join in order to start this. Anyone willing to hammer?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 08:50:32 am »

Am I going to need to read all of season 1 to play?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM60: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Scheduling/signup phase)
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2021, 08:53:48 am »

I have mostly finished the second installment of the series. We have two open slots for new players to join. Please let me know when you would like this game to start, and confirm that you are still willing to play.

To join as a new player is it (a) necessary (b) strongly encouraged or (c) a good thing to read the last iteration?

I would obviously would read and understand the rules and setup (I know, scummy), but not sure I want to read 38 pages of game (yes, 38 pages not 76. 50 posts per page is the way to go).
I think you wouldn't need to read all the way through, but it will matter what characters people have played before. I intend to clean up that game thread a bit before this game begins so it's easier to navigate to the relevant posts.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2021, 08:56:09 am »

Eh, good enough for me.

/hammer.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

It was not what we assumed. The Cylon goal was not the extinction of the human race. Or at least, it was not the goal of all Cylons. It is still hard for us to understand what motivates them. When they brought the fleet under their control, they took us all back to a place we thought lost: Caprica. And sure enough, it was nowhere near the same as before. The bombs caused terrible destruction.

Among the rubble, we built a new place to live. The Cylons claim that they want to learn to coexist with the human population. The first months after our arrival, we were like prisoners, and the Cylons controlled our lives. As time passed however, they agreed to let us have more freedom, and a voice in decisions that affected humanity.

We should be under no illusion that this is a democracy. The Cylons still could wipe us out at any minute. Why they do not want to is impossible to tell. Our lives are very different now, but they are ours at least. Large parts of the planet remain contaminated by fallout, but we have built up a safe zone in the ruins of Caprica City. It has been a year since we landed here. Will this fragile peace last?

Survivor count: 24,987

Roles will be going out in the next hours. If you have a QT from the previous game, please check there for updates. Otherwise, I will send you a link.

Please check the updated rules post for this game.

Thread locked!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Night 0)
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2021, 05:53:59 pm »

Please check your QTs and let me know that you saw your role by posting in one of your QTs. Day 1 will probably start on Monday if everyone checks in by then.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2021, 03:52:56 am »

Some clarifications to avoid confusion:

- players are "removed from the game" if they are sent to the bring or incapacitated. Characters who die permanently are "removed from the campaign". these are distinct categories.
- it is still possible to complete your character arc if you are removed from the game, or even removed from the campaign, so long as you win the game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2021, 04:05:41 am »

Not all players have confirmed yet. Night 0 will continue until at least June 21, 2021, 03:00:00 pm.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2021, 03:00:40 pm »

Caprica lies in ruins. You have brought terrible destruction to this world and eleven others. Walking amidst the rubble, you wonder - was it all necessary? But then you recall what they did to your kind. No, the humans could not be trusted with peace. Whatever pain you caused was required to ensure the survival of the Cylons.

Day 1 begins! Thread unlocked!

MiX is President of the Colonies.
ashersky is Admiral of the Colonial Fleet.

Executive order deck: 6 in deck, 0 in discard, 3 drawn

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (15): Jack Rudd, 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds, MiX, EFHW, scolapasta, LaLight, Dylan32, A Drowned Kernel, Swowl, gkrieg13, ashersky, Glooble, mathdude, Cylons

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to exile. Day 1 ends June 28, 2021, 03:00:00 pm.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 03:06:00 pm by faust »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2021, 03:05:05 pm »

Good to be back!
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2021, 03:07:10 pm »

So say we all.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2021, 03:07:24 pm »

Hi hi hi hi hi!

It’s good to see you all again! e! It’s been a minute!

Look at that not voting list y’all… Not Voting (15): Jack Rudd, 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds, MiX, EFHW, scolapasta, LaLight, Dylan32, A Drowned Kernel, Swowl, gkrieg13, ashersky, Glooble, mathdude, Cylons

What is cylons??? And they vote?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2021, 03:09:37 pm »

Hi hi hi hi hi!

Look at that not voting list y’all… Not Voting (15): Jack Rudd, 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds, MiX, EFHW, scolapasta, LaLight, Dylan32, A Drowned Kernel, Swowl, gkrieg13, ashersky, Glooble, mathdude, Cylons

The count says 15 and there are 14 of us...
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2021, 03:09:42 pm »

Well...here we go again. Wait...what?

Vote: Cylons

Speaking of: Dylan, scola, Jack. What are your flavor names?

I have a lot of vendettas associated with this legacy...but I'll set them aside so I can roleplay as the president more.

So, I'm sure a lot of people hated how I played it. So I've decided to talk this out now before people hate me. How public should I be with my information?

Oh, and I'm town again. I wonder if people will read my posts this game, they probably did when I was scum.

Good to be back!

Welcome back e!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2021, 03:10:45 pm »

I have a lot of vendettas associated with this legacy...but I'll set them aside so I can roleplay as the president more.

So, I'm sure a lot of people hated how I played it. So I've decided to talk this out now before people hate me. How public should I be with my information?

How kind of you

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2021, 03:10:59 pm »

Hi hi hi hi hi!

To add to this observation:

Not Voting (15): ...

"With 14 alive, it takes 8 to exile." bold added
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2021, 03:11:24 pm »

How kind of you

What percentage of sarcasm is this post at?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2021, 03:11:48 pm »

I make it a policy to trust people to play their roles in the best way they can, to include sharing or not sharing information

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2021, 03:12:19 pm »

Request vote count too.

I make it a policy to trust people to play their roles in the best way they can, to include sharing or not sharing information

Hmm, hopefully more people can have this policy.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2021, 03:13:38 pm »

How kind of you

What percentage of sarcasm is this post at?

On a scale of 1-10?

Personally, I have never had an issue with how you play. Maybe I should solo the first game and see what sort of things you are referring to

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2021, 03:14:38 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

Not Voting (15): Jack Rudd, 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds, MiX, EFHW, scolapasta, LaLight, Dylan32, A Drowned Kernel, Swowl, gkrieg13, ashersky, Glooble, mathdude, Cylons

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2021, 03:16:01 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

Ok then

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2021, 03:16:52 pm »

I have the same surname as before, but rather more hair.

Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2021, 03:17:21 pm »

Request vote count too.

Hmm, hopefully more people can have this policy.

To be fair, the people who were pressing you the hardest on stuff last game were either scum or strongly believed you to be scum, so don't act like you were being singled out unfairly lol.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.