Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 145425 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1300 on: July 23, 2021, 06:55:34 am »

I guess there is someone with this power
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 23, 2021, 08:02:20 am »

Dylan,  you're up.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 23, 2021, 08:05:29 am »

Thank you to all for your confidence in me.  I will try not to let you down. I gave up my powers - it seems like we have enough to deal with right now without adding a turning point.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1303 on: July 23, 2021, 08:09:12 am »

Faust says my vote was valid, which means someone has vote-manipulating powers they are lying about.

Also, the cards are only removed from this game- future games are unaffected.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 23, 2021, 08:15:12 am »

LL, if Earth on fire was a vision, why would you expect Dylan to also have experienced it? And why would you have visions anyway?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: July 23, 2021, 08:17:23 am »

LL, if Earth on fire was a vision, why would you expect Dylan to also have experienced it? And why would you have visions anyway?

Well, we were gathering information from some ruins on Kobol. I was expecting of getting said information in some form

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 23, 2021, 08:17:51 am »

Faust says my vote was valid, which means someone has vote-manipulating powers they are lying about.

The power to negate one person's vote for president seems pretty weak.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 23, 2021, 08:38:16 am »

The power to negate one person's vote for president seems pretty weak.

it might negate all votes for a person? Maybe someone really wanted you to be a president? :)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 23, 2021, 11:54:20 am »

Hey y’all- I’m with family this weekend so more VLA than I’d like. Apologies.

Swowl, your question was if I was told I had radiation poisoning? Yes. I got no notification that I was cured, just no message that I was still sick. (There was flavor describing the sickness). I asked if I was still poisoned and faust said I was not.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 23, 2021, 02:46:57 pm »

So first, other than the reads stuff, LL's claim about his powers and actions was consistent with the QT claim.

I'm Caprica 6, same as game 1. My provided fake claim season 1 was Tom Zarek, which is why that is what I claimed then. I'm a civilian.

My personal character arc (which no-one else has claimed at all but it's relevant) in both games has been love conquers all, for which both my lover and myself need to be alive at the end of the game. Game 1 that was the person I targeted with a 1-shot action (ADK), this game as a result of that ADK and I have the additional alignment lover-aligned, which just adds the survival wincon like I said earlier.  If both of us kept the same character as last season we would gain an additional power, which I believe for me is an X-shot passive bulletproof ability that is only active under a certain condition (that LL knows but I think is better to not tell scum).

I'm responsible for Glooble having 0 votes. As LL alluded to, during presidential elections I can keep all votes for a single player from counting. Of the 3 candidates, Glooble was the one that I'm least confident about being town, EFHW was by far the most clearly town, and given people's opinions of Jack I knew he wouldn't win, so I figured Glooble was the only person who might get the votes to beat EFHW, so I cancelled it.

The ability LL apparently doesn't like is probably this one. I have a radiation, blocking, investigative role where I can target up to 2 people, any actions they take will fail, and I receive a list of everyone who was targeted by abilities that were blocked. For example, I target my top 2 scumreads, if I successfully block the NK, I would have a list of people, one of which was probably the target and thus not scum as well as a 50/50 on who the killer was.

I have taken no actions at night this game, and I already said everything of import that happened on the trip.

I did not receive a vision or any private information about earth. I do agree with LL that if we get the chance, enacting course to earth would be fun, if for no other reason than to see the conclusion to the storyline that our trip started. Also, there seemed to be only one path that we could take to lead to actually going to earth, while there were a lot of opportunities to derail it, which makes me think if scum or some other party went, there would have been motivations to sabotage the trip, and since it didn't happen, I'm inclined to think it's good for town.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 23, 2021, 02:51:56 pm »

did anything beneficial come from the trip?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 23, 2021, 02:53:07 pm »

You seem very confident LL is town.

How did yall decide not to "derail"? was it like a vote thing or what?
real good. That’s how

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 23, 2021, 02:55:47 pm »

I did not receive any private notifications about getting sick or being cured on the trip. There was a thing where one of the two of us had to publicly choose to do a thing, and whoever did it would be irradiated. LL knows I did the thing, and I know LL targeted me, so I'm guessing EITHER you don't get told that you have radiation poisoning immediately at all OR I didn't get anything because the condition did not last through a real game phase. Like there was no day/night cycle for us while we were gone, just a series of "you have 2 or 3 days to make a choice in this thread/in your private thread now, this happens as a result" kind of things, one of which I did a thing that exposed me to radiation, the next of which LL claims to have treated me. In that choice, I saw for sure that LL targeted me with one of their normal actions, but I don't technically know for sure what the action is. The fact I still haven't heard anything privately about being sick makes me believe he did treat me.

ppe 2
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 23, 2021, 03:06:39 pm »

did anything beneficial come from the trip?

Nothing concrete other than the ability to set a course for earth if we enact that as far as I know.

You seem very confident LL is town.

How did yall decide not to "derail"? was it like a vote thing or what?

Most of my confidence is from what I just said about verifying to some degree of certainty that LL was telling the truth on a D1 claim, and that I don't think scum would have 2 doc type roles in light of scola's flip.

Yeah, we each could make a choice, and if at least 1 of us chose a different option, different things would happen. We both chose to tell the truth. Other options on the final choice were as follows (paraphrased).
Lie, in which case publicly it would show up the same to all of you as far as course to earth, but in reality it would be a course to nowhere.
Report back that the mission failed, and nothing happens.
Ruin the mission, if one of picked it, we both die.

Actually, as I'm looking at it, I think if one of us told the truth and the other lied, two copies of course to earth would be added but one would be real and the other secretly course to nowhere.

Our choices on that were public, so we both know for sure what the other person picked.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 23, 2021, 03:57:55 pm »

confirming everything Dylan said. more thoughts tomorrow

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 23, 2021, 04:31:27 pm »

Vote: Didds

This is just following through on the read from the case I said earlier now that we've all claimed. Nothing's really happened to change that. I'm not really sure what to think about Swowl's claim. I mean I don't know if they would claim to have tried to kill and failed as scum, but maybe.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 23, 2021, 05:58:17 pm »

My best guess is that LL is yellow and Dylan is red. Which means there is likely another red player from those of us left behind. There are too many players for it to be a vast majority of town.

MiX was killed last night. If I had killed him, EFHW would know.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 23, 2021, 06:55:38 pm »

I am still Dee. My night power is a tracker limited to civilian targets. If I expose myself to radiation,  my tracking cannot be redirected, I'll find out what kind of action a civilian took, and I can track military targets. N1 I targeted MiX and got Dylan as the result. N2 I targeted Glooble and got no
result, which is consistent with his claim of taking no actions. N3 I exposed myself to radiation and targeted Didds. I got Swowl as the result. I now have radiation poisoning.

The Didds discrepancy is a problem. I wasn't redirected, but she claims to have taken no action N3. And Swowl does seem to have possibly been roleblocked. Or gkrieg was human.  Or ....

Can anyone think of a scenario where Didds could be telling the truth?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #1318 on: July 23, 2021, 07:46:57 pm »

vote: math

Town vig kill this man if math flips town btw.

I know you exist, and you might not be town, but you might be listening to me, and you might even trust me.

Went back to read MiX to see what he said since he was a big part of pushing out math and scola both and I wanted to see if there were any other insights. Found this. This at least suggests Swowl is not scum since he's the only one who claimed vig.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 23, 2021, 07:57:46 pm »

vote: Didds

finally a result

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: July 23, 2021, 07:58:59 pm »

I am still Dee. My night power is a tracker limited to civilian targets. If I expose myself to radiation,  my tracking cannot be redirected, I'll find out what kind of action a civilian took, and I can track military targets. N1 I targeted MiX and got Dylan as the result. N2 I targeted Glooble and got no
result, which is consistent with his claim of taking no actions. N3 I exposed myself to radiation and targeted Didds. I got Swowl as the result. I now have radiation poisoning.

The Didds discrepancy is a problem. I wasn't redirected, but she claims to have taken no action N3. And Swowl does seem to have possibly been roleblocked. Or gkrieg was human.  Or ....

I actually try and don't see it... unless of course you're lying, but i would bet on Didds lying, tbh

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 23, 2021, 08:24:30 pm »

I mean, a framer can make cop results flip, so maybe a custom ability could frame someone for targeting someone else? So I mean, it's maybe not impossible, but I can't think of any other way you could not do something but be seen doing something, and it's a whole lot simpler to just think that it's a lie.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 23, 2021, 11:29:33 pm »

So I just spent like 30 minutes staring at the screen thinking of what it could be if not a lie.

outside game mechanics is the only thing I can come up with.

It is the combination of claims that makes everything almost have to be cookie cutter here.
If it was just "EFHW tracked WCD to Swowl", then there are things. Didds was messed with or EFHW was messed with.
If it was "EFHW tracked WCD to swowl and EFHW cannot be messed with", then it could be Didds was messed with.
However, if the claims are, as they are "EFHW cannot be messed with and they tracked WCD to Swowl ANDDDD didds says they took no action" Then there is no action for someone to mess with to mess with Didds. And since EFHW cannot be messed with...

Just whatever, If anyone has anything they can come up with... go for it... but  probably just one of them is lying, and I assume it is WCD.
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 23, 2021, 11:32:15 pm »

Swowl says he targeted me, but your result says I targeted Swowl? Is there some sort of reflector power that could make that happen? I really have no idea, and mechanics are not my strong suit.

EFEW, You could use the XO power on me. When it flips green, I become an IC…which creates another target for the kill, but might keep you alive another night.

PPE 1

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 23, 2021, 11:48:04 pm »

gah. I hate that I thought of this.

Jailkeeper on Didds. They don't target me because resolution, and my kill doesn't go through.

The idea alone is not enough to make me change my mind, but I wanna put it out there.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75  All

Page created in 1.961 seconds with 20 queries.