Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia  (Read 98214 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia
« Reply #650 on: August 31, 2021, 02:21:33 pm »

Vote: Swowl

In other news, I'm back to my computer, so expect a VCA today or tomorrow.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 31, 2021, 02:37:01 pm »

I feel like we want to direct Galzria's shot tonight, If we don't exile him.

The e wagon was bad.

Vote: Dylan

This post is scummy.

"The e wagon was bad" is a combination of "Well that sucked" and "I was on a different wagon than a town flip, so shame on all of you". They're both the style of thing more commonly expressed by scum than town.

The first part suggesting my shot be directed tonight is also scummy. But mostly because faust lays it out there to see if it'll start a conversation, but shows no signs of following up with the idea when nobody jumps on it.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 31, 2021, 02:37:20 pm »

Galzria, why do I know if you should claim? You know your own action.

You shouldn't. But that normally won't stop you from stating an opinion on the matter.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 31, 2021, 02:37:35 pm »

quick read on awa can't find crumbs - other please check.
Have thoughts, but am about to head out for the night, so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

It should be obvious what his target was.

I strongly disagree if you think he blocked me last night. That would've been a serious misplay by him.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 31, 2021, 02:37:52 pm »

I'm having to get going again soon here before I do all the massive amount of work I want to do on this day. But before I get going, I just want to point out something that struck me as a really scummy post.

Galzria, can you claim?

I am the Tin Man.

Do you want me to claim my PR?

Most likely, yes.

I am Dorothy’s protector by flavor provided.

I am a 2-shot Vig.

I don’t shoot as Vig, so I’m essentially a VT, which is why my Exile is better than No Exile as it generates information at the very least while losing a PR that won’t be used.

That said, if I *did* shoot i could’ve helped resolv the e situation (if I understand correctly) if he didn’t get exiled which is why I advocated going back to WCD here.

So here's a few things, some of them are speculative and not all of these speculations are the type that usually get much credence around here, but, they are compelling to me and so I need to share them.

1) Galz claims tin man. If I am modding this game, I am going to give at least 1 of tin man, scarecrow, or lion to scum as a fake claim. When Dorothy is already IC, you don't just give all three of tin man, scarecrow and lion to town. That would hurt scum, so you give them a strong fake claim of one of those. Therefore, since the lion has already flipped town, tin man is a suspicious claim. Hell, to the town!scarecrow, if there is one, this should be a hella suspicious claim.

2) Galz claims his flavor indicates he is 'the protector of dorothy,' but his role is not a protective role. Once again, hella suspicious. To me, it indicates that Galzria could be scum, and he was given a fake claim of "tin man, protector of Dorothy" with an actual protective ability for a fakeclaim.... THEN... he decided to claim 2-shot vig instead because 2-shot vig claim worked better for his scum plan. ALSO, we've already seen a protective town role flip in the jailkeeper flip. ALSO... I will go as far as to say that my role flavor text does make poetic sense. So I know that Joth writes flavor text that makes poetic sense for at least some roles. So for Galz's to be all funky like that "protector of Dorothy whose job is to shoot people"... hella suspicous.

3)Also... why the hell would the tin man be a 2-shot vig? Tin man don't got no gun!! Tin man off looking for his HEART. That's another thing that does not make poetic sense about Galz's claim.

4) Finally, as noted, Galz claiming 2-shot vig is just suspicious in general. Its a convenient claim. It gives him license to kill as scum without tracker or watcher seeing it. And tying it all in with his established no-shoot meta is convenient. Also, only one death last night.

Okay, that's all for now. Please consider it!!!

This is an incredibly bad and scummy argument, and it is beyond ridiculous that faust hasn't called iguana out over this.

Iguana is arguing that my claim is scummy based almost entirely on "guess the mod".

1) It in no way would hurt scum if all three were town (if all three are even in the game), because any individual player does not know the alignment of any other player (save MiX). And this line of thinking is exceptionally scummy if all three ARE in the game and ARE town, because if I end up being exiled here, which is entirely possible today, you've pre-lined up the Scarecrow to be unable to claim safely down the line if they are also town (which if you were scum, you would know).

2) I don't know what to tell you. I'm Dorothy's friend, companion and protector. Like you said, there's already been 1.5 flipped protective roles, and who knows if more exist? What I do know is that my role is Vig, and that no player counter claimed me and I didn't die last night (which if I was lying and there was a town Vig in the game, they should've shot me last night).

3) I do not have guns, no. I have a wood-axe. It's for more than cutting lumber.

4) The claim in no way gives me "license to kill" without being tracked or watched. If I'm lying scum, there's no way I'm a Vig. If I'm tracked to a player and that player doesn't die, THAT's "hella suspicious". And if I'm tracked to a player and they DO die... but there's only one death that night (or again on future nights), that's ALSO "hella suspicious". And a Watcher would be exactly the same. If I'm seen targeting somebody but that player doesn't die... well, you get the idea.

4a) There was only one kill last night. This is correct. I did not shoot. The last post on the topic of shooting that I made yesterday before the exile was this:

Well that history makes that claim stupidly convenient.

All in favor of just exiling Galzria?

Galzria, if you live today, you have to shoot. And you should probably not shoot e. If you're already saying you're not going to do that, then we should just exile you as you won't be able to confirm your role.

It’s only convenient now that I had to claim it publicly 🙄

And yes, I will shoot now that it’s public - but there are many factors that can prevent my shot given my role is public knowledge to scum.

Honestly, best option is probably to Exile me.

If was going to draw a scum RB, then if I shot or not didn't matter. But there are far worse potential PR's scum could have. Bus Driver or Redirector both could've been disastrous. Given that my claim is 100% accurately known to scum, the last thing I wanted to give them was the power to manipulate another shot.

Shooting as a vig that is unknown to scum is already a generally bad idea. Shooting as a vig that scum knows about is foolish.

For the record, had I decided to shoot, this was the list of people I was looking at (in no particular order, because I didn't go back and do the full re-reads on each that I would've done if i was shooting. These were just the people I thought came off looking scummiest following the end of day yesterday):

math, iguana, Glooble, Efoo, pubby

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 31, 2021, 02:40:15 pm »

Flavor texts are for those who are smart, courageous and kind.

Umm, there's definitely something here. ^^ (scarecrow, lion, tin man, but why?) That gives me hope that there is information in previous (and likely future) mod messages.

Also iguana seems to have found some possible inconsistencies in Galz's claim, which I believe I and one other person (may have been iguana) started mentioning D1. I also agree about the poetic-ness of my role and flavour, and it doesn't quite match for Galz.

Galz, what say you? Are you withholding some information from us?

I am not, no.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 31, 2021, 02:40:30 pm »

Galz - what promted the "no MiX, I am not claiming" to the "Mix, do you want me to claim"?

Time, votes, and the way the thread was moving. Also didn't want to be an ass to MiX. He had asked once. I declined. He circled back and asked again. He knows that if I'm town I declined the first time for good reasons. But he doesn't know if I'm town. I know that he's trying his best to figure that out.

The first time he asked was right after e claimed. In the absence of any claims whatsoever I think my exile would've been the "safest" non-scum exile for town (that is, town would've lost the least in losing a PR that wouldn't get used). But with e's claim, I thought that exiling him, even if he flipped town, was better than exiling me at that point. The loss of his PR was almost as trivial as the loss of my PR would be, and at least with him there was a chance he could flip scum. Once that exile didn't materialize, the wagons shifted around some, and MiX asked again for my claim, it just seemed more prudent to abide. Even then, I only flavour claimed first, letting MiX decide if he wanted the whole thing or not.

Mafia Record:

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 31, 2021, 03:08:47 pm »

I'll retract most of my argument about Galz's claim being scummy. I think I overdid it.

1) I looked up about whether the tin man has any weapon and found he carries an axe. I did that in between posting my original argument and when Galz posted his thing.

2) His thing about how scarecrow/tin man/lion could all be town is true. I mean, as the mod, I'd still be very tempted to give one of those to scum for sake of balance but it's not a good reason to vote for any of them. I assent to that.

3) I'm starting to understand how claiming 2-shot vig is a tricky thing to do D1 as scum when you don't know what kind of investigative roles are around. So maybe 2-shot vig is not on its face the scummiest claim. That being said, I can't give Galz town points for the claim either. He has a long and storied history of making super bold fakeclaims as scum and then justifying them throughout the game until scum wins. It's basically his favorite thing to do.

I won't retract this part:

It is scummy to claim to be the tin man, protector of Dorothy, but then not claim a protective role. It is something that could happen if you are scum, and are given a protective role as a fakeclaim, then choose to claim a different sort of role instead on your own initiative without editing the flavor.

Extreme example: If Galz claimed "I am Groot, guardian of Dorothy" we should exile Galz. He just claimed to be Groot... who isn't in the wizard of oz. He probably altered the flavor of his role because he didn't like his fakeclaim. The purpose of this example is just to show that someone can make a bad flavor claim and that flavor can be the basis for choosing to exile someone.

Less extreme example: If Galz claimed... "I am Toto, the observer of Dorothy. My power is that I am a bodyguard." We...should exile Galz! His flavor would indicate he should have an investigative type of role... but his powers is not investigative. The powers do not match the flavor, a cue that Galz made an alteration to his mod-provided stuff. Town does not alter their claim... scum does.

So, my argument is just that. Galz's claim of powers does not match his claim of flavor, and it is scummy.

Finally, this is a bit scummy to me too:

-snip-
2) I don't know what to tell you. I'm Dorothy's friend, companion and protector.

Before, he was 'protector of Dorothy.' Now, he's 'friend, companion and protector." To me, Galz is trying to brush off here the one part of my argument that actually held water because he knows he can refute everything else I said. And he's also trying to muddy the fact that earlier in the game he claimed to be "protector of Dorothy."
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 31, 2021, 03:12:05 pm »

Also also,

if Galz is some sort of passive role like Godfather or 1-shot BP scum, he totally can claim 2-shot vig and then just never shoot because he can pass the factional kill off to his scumbuddies and twiddle his thumbs at night. So it's not like 2-shot vig is exonerating in the least.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 31, 2021, 03:17:47 pm »

I feel like we want to direct Galzria's shot tonight, If we don't exile him.

The e wagon was bad.

This post is scummy.

"The e wagon was bad" is a combination of "Well that sucked" and "I was on a different wagon than a town flip, so shame on all of you". They're both the style of thing more commonly expressed by scum than town.

The first part suggesting my shot be directed tonight is also scummy. But mostly because faust lays it out there to see if it'll start a conversation, but shows no signs of following up with the idea when nobody jumps on it.

No it isn't. I wanted to express that I think scum helped that wagon succeed, and went on to vote for the scummiest vote there.

Yeah I didn't follow up on it, but you know, I'm VLA, I don't have a lot of time, so I can't always follow through with everything that I would like. I had hoped that I could outsource some of that work, yes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: August 31, 2021, 03:29:00 pm »

Vote: Iguana
Vote: Mathdude

Vote: Faust

why was I worth a vote?

Click this link to find out why I was voting for you.

I don't follow.

why was I worth a vote?

Actually, fine. You were worth a vote!

You were worth a vote because you spent all of D1 pushing a town exile. You were super active, but you never switched your vote all day long... despite claims coming out. You were quite defensive of Galz and that led to the e exile. If it was T v T, it honestly doesn't look that scummy. But if Galz is scum, you look like a partner.

And that is really the best read I can have on you because you haven't interacted with very many other players. You've commented that you didn't jump on WCD or Glooble. You've commented that you think the people who voted for you are scummy. You've commented that you think Galz is really towny for a claim that I think is super scummy.... and I think my reasons are better than your reasons.

What else have you even done?

We did not know it was a Town exile at the time, so first bold really doesn't make sense.
And we disagree with some shit yeah, but ultimately yeah second bold part I agree with I guess.

And what else have I even done? That is a list of things man.

I still do think your random attempt to wagon me at the end of the day was skummy. But hey at least a reason.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 31, 2021, 03:29:29 pm »

why was I worth a vote?
You are pushing for that OMGUS really hard, aren't you?

pushing for that reason really hard.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 31, 2021, 03:30:23 pm »

why was I worth a vote?
You are pushing for that OMGUS really hard, aren't you?

pushing for that reason really hard.

However I just realized you are VLA for a few days so....
UnVote in hopes that I can get a reason from you when you return.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 31, 2021, 03:31:54 pm »

VCA done. My work is a little on fire so I will have to type it out later. But I end at

real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 31, 2021, 03:32:49 pm »

Also also,

if Galz is some sort of passive role like Godfather or 1-shot BP scum, he totally can claim 2-shot vig and then just never shoot because he can pass the factional kill off to his scumbuddies and twiddle his thumbs at night. So it's not like 2-shot vig is exonerating in the least.

Anyone can claim anything then, how is this important?

I claim a 3-shot Strongman Vigilante that roleblocks the target and also protects them from Trackers, Watchers and any actions taken by ninjas. But I won't use it.

VCA done. My work is a little on fire so I will have to type it out later. But I end at

Math is town.

Dylan is scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 31, 2021, 03:46:13 pm »

Dylan is a vote I can believe in.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #666 on: August 31, 2021, 04:38:21 pm »

With these short days, we gotta be careful not to let things stall out.

Just to recap where we are, here's the exiles that seem likely to go through to day. From where I'm standing. Maybe we can coalesce around one so we don't end up scrambling again.

pubby for comin in weird/ calling the scum team based on faulty logic/ generally acting out-of-character from his town self

Dylan and mathdude for scummy placement on the wagon (Dylan over dude for me because of earlier scummy comments)

Swowl for acting scummy day 1 - pushing a lot of people but leaving his vote parked on e. (I still feel like I'm missing something here)

Galz because of his claim? Or iguana has redacted some of that. But Galz was almost the exile yesterday and those reasons still apply.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 31, 2021, 04:59:42 pm »

Good gravy… going back to work on campus after 16ish months away is sooooo hard. The commute alone is killing me.

Apologies for not being more present. Glooble is right, with deadline just two days away we can’t afford to stall.

I’m done being made at pubby for calling me a liar

Mostly for his placement on the e wagon, but also because I trust faust.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 31, 2021, 05:00:51 pm »

Also also,

Anyone can claim anything then, how is this important?

I claim a 3-shot Strongman Vigilante that roleblocks the target and also protects them from Trackers, Watchers and any actions taken by ninjas. But I won't use it.

Math is town.

Dylan is scum.

My bucket ended with 4 players and on of them was Dylan. So I am fine with Dylan. What am I missing the Math is Town bit though? Is that just cuz you think Dylan is "the skum within Math and Dylan"?

PPE2
real good. That’s how

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 31, 2021, 05:01:55 pm »

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 31, 2021, 05:10:30 pm »

Vote Count 2.WCD

pubby (1): EFHW,
Dylan32 (4): faust, Glooble, WestCoastDidds, iguanaiguana
WestCoastDidds (1): pubby
Mathdude (1): Swowl
Swowl (1): MiX

Not voting (3): Dylan32, Galzria, mathdude

6 to exile, deadline is Thursday at 10PM
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 31, 2021, 09:12:17 pm »

I'm considering renaming GID to GFD. Iguana willing to dig through all of my old games seems like too much work for scum to do. He also appears the least connected.

Here's the connection I spot with faust:

I will accept no exile before I vote for either Didds or Glooble.
He staunchly defend Didds and Glooble on d1 when they had their wagons going. No reason stated, just that he town-read them. And wanting to no-exile is out of character for faust, who often believes in playing rational meta moves (no exile isn't beneficial on d1 as it gives so little information for d2. I reckon faust has said this himself before).

I'm really not trying to convince anyone to no exile. It's just that if the choice is exile someone I townread or no exile, then I will choose no exile in this game.

If you want to make sure we get an exile, you could of course join me on a scummy player rather than, like Galzria, leave a pointless vote on a wagon that is never going to succeed because the IC (rightly) opposes it.
[...next post...]
Vote: Galzria

I've talked myself into a rage vote.
So now he says Galzria isn't scummy, but then votes for him anyway within minutes.

Didds exile lame exile. Let's all go exile Galzria.
Again, defending Didds for some reason while pushing for a Galzria exile, despite saying Galzria wasn't even that scummy. He really did not want Didds exiled d1.

faust comes in critical of the e exile. Town points.
Hey look Glooble says faust is townie.

Mostly for his placement on the e wagon, but also because I trust faust.
Hey look WCD says faust is trustworthy.

pubby, it's good to see a longer post from you, but I can't help but feel your energy is misdirected. At this point in the game, we need to find a single scum, going hard for pretty involved partner theories isn't going to do any good.

Plus, much of the argument you presented seems to hinge on Galz being town, but I didn't see you provide a reason for that.
This is disingenuous. Not every game plays the same - there is no "we must be doing X at Y time". Finding multiple scum is obviously better than finding a single one and you should not poo-poo my attempts to investigate.

And I don't know what type of gotcha you think the last part is. Glooble said the same - that my arguments are flawed due to "logic". Literally every post in this thread, and in other mafia games, involves assumption and speculation, and yet they can still be useful despite failing as mathematical proofs. You know this, so stop being unhelpful.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 31, 2021, 09:42:24 pm »

Pubby, phone posting so won’t quote -

You misread Faust’s second quote in your post. He wasn’t saying that I wasn’t scummy, he was saying that my vote sitting on Didds was a waste of time and space and that I was doing nothing to contribute towards an exile.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 31, 2021, 09:44:58 pm »

Also, I have reasons to think faust is town despite finding certain posts he’s made scummy.

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 31, 2021, 09:46:37 pm »

Also, I have reasons to think faust is town despite finding certain posts he’s made scummy.

What are those reasons?

Just say they're role related if they are.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.