Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia  (Read 98127 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia
« Reply #625 on: August 30, 2021, 11:30:28 am »

RM57 - Westworld mafia is the last time I was scum (I looked it up.)

So basically when you're scum, you post 6 times then replace out?

Totally forgot that I replaced out of that game. I was just looking through role PMs to find a red one.

I'll try and find a full game where I was scum. But it's been a while.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #626 on: August 30, 2021, 11:36:20 am »

Looks like BM27 was my last scum game prior to that: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=19953.0

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 30, 2021, 01:26:04 pm »

Okay, second thing on my list is to take a good close look at everything related to pubby.

vote: iguanaiguana

Out of the gate, pubby votes for me.

Ok, time for an embarassing post.

Lalight is not playing :(

I just realized this... right now. I think when I cast my first vote, I had just scanned the players and saw LL's name. Then for some reason Joth decided to make my vote for his comod count in the vote totals... which validated my feelings of LL playing this game. Today I looked to try to figure out why he hadn't posted yet... and ... yeah... Lol, I failed.
In other words you felt obligated to vote for someone in your opening post and didn't care who. Scummy much?

In pubby's first substantive post, his maybe-rvs-vote on me has hardened into a SERIOUS SCUM READ. At this point in the game, I was actually town reading pubby for this. I figured he started with a scum read on me, and confirmation bias was pushing him to continue reading everything I was saying as scum. I figured if he continues to see me play he will re-evaluate at some point (spoiler warning!! this never happens!)

I've been somewhat suspicious of glooble. Their first few posts were terse and seemed like they were just going through the motions. Then they jump into an argument with faust, acting defensively when the actual topic of discussion didn't require it.

But for now I'm fine with parking my vote on iguana. Swowl I read as town.

The conspiracy theory begins to form in pubby's second substantive post. Now it's not just Iguana... but Glooble is looking like scum too. I'll note here that his nod to Swowl - "Swowl I read as town" with no reasons given - is pretty out of character for him this game. By and large he's going to talk about nothing except for GID.

This shouldn’t be a choice between Glooble and me.
Yeah it's awful. I would vote for both of you if I could  8)

Glooble is a really bad vote. I'm at work so kinda busy today. Yes I knew Didds, I maybe didn't play with her quite as much as the others
What makes him a really bad vote? This is d1. Our decisions can't be *that* informed.

At what point do I claim, given that once my role is revealed we will need time to find an alternate wagon?
You just hinted you have an important role, no? That's almost as bad as a full claim.

His third substantive post. I have to say... I kind of love this post. So, Pubby is currently voting for me, right? That was his first vote & post of the game and it never changes D1. But here he suggests essentially that if he had a SECOND and a THIRD vote... he'd complete the trio and vote Glooble Iguana Didds. GID!!! He's found the whole scum team!!!

In addition to that, he interrogates my town read on Glooble... (Impossible that anyone could be so CERTAIN!!! Okay... that's a little ironic though.) and chides Glooble with "That's almost as bad as a full claim." In other words... you sure are playing bad town by hinting you have a strong PR.... so you must be scum!!! Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me, sorry.

Don't go voting for e. Galzria is a much better exile.

So are like, a bunch of people. You could start a wagon on pubby, or Dylan or someone.

I'm throwing this faust post in as well for a reason. Aside from Glooble, Swowl, and myself... No one else yet has even talked about pubby until faust comes in and says this. It's almost eerie how little interaction with anyone that pubby gets away with day one.

Scum team is Glooble, Iguana, Didds. Didds is the most obvious one.

There was some panic in the scum team early on with wagons around Glooble and Didds. They rallied to save each other, then hopped on the first alternative wagons. This is why all three voted late.

Vote: Didds

I doubt I'll be active much tomorrow BTW.

Okay... now we're on to D2. We've seen two town flips & had 48 hours to consider the error of our ways. Most people are going to have reconsidered some thing about the game.... Not pubby though. GID was good enough for D1 and it's definitely where he's sticking D2.

The case is not making much sense though. Here is the wagon at the point which he calls "some panic... early on."

Vote Count 1.3.MiX

WestCoastDidds (4): Galzria, iguanaiguana, Glooble, EFHW
Glooble (3): WestCoastDidds, Dylan32, MiX
Swowl (2): faust, Awaclus
2.71828.... (1): Swowl
iguanaiguana (1): pubby
EFHW (1): 2.71828....

Not voting (1): mathdude

But... there was not "panic" when I made a somewhat big post with a case on Didds out of the blue D1. At that point... only Galzria had been voting her and for reasons that most people didn't really agree with. The next person to hop on was Glooble. So we have a wagon on Didds that is Galzria, Iguana, Glooble, then EFHW joins the wagon due to a mix of agreeing with me and her own reasons.

Around the same time, WCD votes for Glooble, and we get Dylan & MiX joining. According to the scum team that pubby has made up, we would have two wagons on scum at this point... the first two wagons created thus far in the game... and the reason they were created is because... scum made the cases for them? And the fact that we created wagons on ourselves makes us panicked?

Also... all three voted late? No... all three of us were hyper present at the end of the day. We each had our opinions on where we should vote... they did not perfectly align... and we ended up compromising partially based on what each of the other active players wanted and where the votes on the inactive players had landed. I was sitting there doing calculations making sure that we literally did not have the votes to go back to Galzria before I caved and voted e in the last few minutes. But I also voted for e early! and then voted for Galzria! So saying I "hopped on that wagon" late is the same kind of mischaracterization of my behavior that pubby started the game out with.

It was this post D2 that really made me think pubby is more likely scum. I mean, there is confirmation bias and then there is a complete refusal to reconsider your reads whatsoever.... along with a complete lack of even trying to read anyone else for over a week. To me... It's starting to look like scum!pubby cast about for a narrative he could build of towns being scums. Once he found one, he decided to stick with it.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 30, 2021, 02:01:20 pm »

No read of pubby would be complete without a look into his most recent long post... so here goes! I'm not going to quote the whole things... just some highlights.

If you only read part of my post, read the reply to the quote below.

Can you point to the posts that seemed either panicked or rallying?
The panic was post #313 and #314, where Iguana and Didds pushed to defend glooble without any reason or any reason to. They seemed rather concerned about exiling an innocent man...
The post of mine he's referencing is where I say "Glooble is a really bad vote." Look... Glooble had just recently accused Swowl of rolefishing. The conversation was awkward and not good for town... but to me it indicated that Glooble might have a good PR. That along with what I read as pro-town play from Glooble was more than enough D1 to motivate me to say "Glooble is a really bad vote." Of course I didn't want to spell out the reasons. Why would I want to spell it out even more for scum where the strong PRs are?

Then something suspicious happens.

Iguana brings Galz to L-1. This means all 3 of Glooble/Iguana/Didds are now on the Galz wagon. Exiling the town vig will draw way too much scrutiny to the wagon, so Didds hops off. But then her next post she says, "Mix, you’d rather see no exile than Galz? You sure?". She pushing to exile before the day is up!

Before the day was up? Wrong. The vote count put out just after Galz was at L-1 indicates there were two hours left in the day. Everything that happened at this point and after was totally last minute scrambling.

Also, if we were the team, how could we have put Galz to L-1 knowing that no town is going to hammer that? e was even not voting at that point and could have hammered there to save himself... If we were performatively voting Galz with an actual intention of getting e exiled instead, that would have just been a lot of unnecessarily putting ourselves in a delicate situation. Sorry, but this theory is super convoluted at best.

It's to say he thinks he knows the entire scum team, and doesn't even need to hear what might have happened with night actions or anyone else's reads or thoughts on the game state before voting them down one after another.
Your viewpoint does not consider that I may have my own night actions and information. I'm not saying I do, just pointing out that your viewpoint lacks it.

No, even if you do have private information... my point is that you did not wait for anyone else to share any of any of their information before putting all of your cards on the table and claiming to have found out the entire scum team. In a game that is predicated around consensus building... the only thing you have shown any sustained interest in this game is your own GID theory. You do not seem to care what anyone else thinks except to convince them to agree with you. My point is very much valid. Again, I can't help but feel that you are twisting my words.

I'll end this post with an interesting observation. If Glooble/Iguana/Didds (hereby known as GID) were town, presumably scum would have made a move on them after my post. I'm not saying they would go all-out, but it would be reasonable for scum to brew some suspicion on GID based on my post. One person bit: Mathdude. He voted for Didds, then when that didn't take off he changed it to Iguana.

Here's another theory for you! Not many people voted in agreement with your case... because your case is not very good! faust and EFHW both interacted with it. They totally shot it down. If your theory is correct, those people are town. If your theory is wrong, maybe one or both of them is scum. Either way... in general people aren't going to bite on any kind of theory where you spell out an entire scum team at the start of the day Day 2. That's just the game, sorry.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 30, 2021, 02:06:33 pm »

I really WANT to vote pubby right now. But I am going to force myself to do due diligence and read some of his previous games first to get a sense of whether he's always this hardened in his reads in town games and whether he's behaved like this before as scum. Again, help would be appreciated. Digging for informative games through someone's posting history is hard.

And yeah, I'm out of time to play for today. The rest of the stuff I want to do will have to wait for tomorrow.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: August 30, 2021, 02:16:51 pm »

Anyone else getting a vibe that some players are playing a different game?

Does anyone object to Galzria claiming his action?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 30, 2021, 03:10:08 pm »

1. Not sure if you are poking at me... but... Am I playing too hard and with diminishing returns on my effort? probably lol

2. No, personally I would like to see the claim.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 30, 2021, 04:13:12 pm »

Well,  the case from pubby had more to it than I expected, but iguana's defense has more. Also, after making his case, pubby then wants to scumread math for jumping on it. I kind of agree with him there, but his thinking math looks scummy makes me wonder if pubby really means what he is saying about GID.  I'll stay on pubby since I'm there now, while mentioning that I'm also not feeling good about mathdude.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 30, 2021, 04:39:56 pm »

I am not going to respond to most of pubby's post because its long and convoluted and doesnt make sense to me.  He has scum creating, advocating for, and running up wagons on each other. He has me bussing despite the fact that is not in my playstyle at all, and is generally crediting me with a plan that in no way way make sense.  However, two points merit response.

Iguana brings Galz to L-1. This means all 3 of Glooble/Iguana/Didds are now on the Galz wagon. Exiling the town vig will draw way too much scrutiny to the wagon, so Didds hops off. But then her next post she says, "Mix, you’d rather see no exile than Galz? You sure?". She pushing to exile before the day is up!

So lemme get this straight. She wants an exile, just after unvoting an L-1 candidate, and only a day after discouraging the Glooble wagon. This is what I call the rally.

So instead she tries to convince MiX to be the e hammer, and succeeds. Read her posts - she's persurading MiX to vote for e instead of doing it herself. It's funny, she said she had to go to the vet and wouldn't be around for the end, but then posts 18 minutes later and 1 minute after MiX votes.

Pushing to exile before the day was up? We were two hours from deadline when I made that comment.  In no world is that early.  Pubby wasn't even around for the end of the day, so maybe he wasn't aware how time was working, but that is the most charitable read I can give him.

Pushing for a hammer? Persuading Mix to hammer?  What game are you playing? I was far more in favor of no exile than exiling town, and preferred Galz to e.  There is not a scenario where e was my choice or my idea of my exile.

Finally, it is SUPER NOT COOL to imply that am I am lying about my real world commitment in the run up to deadline. My vet is a mile away. It took a few minutes to get there, get my cat, and bring him home from his surgery.  Further, when I got to the vet I had to wait on them to get him so had a few minutes to check the game.  I was trying to do my part and help town and didn't want to leave anyone hanging so I said where I'd be.  Where were you? Why were you not available at deadline? Availability or not is not scummy. If it were you'd be scummy for parking your vote on a non-wagon and refusing to move it even though town needed votes. While the game involves deception, accusing someone of lying about their circumstances is beyond the bounds of okay by me.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 30, 2021, 04:42:45 pm »

Vote: pubby

In the course of writing about the super not coolness, I have decided there is no way that was inadvertent. It is grasping at straws to make a weak case song strong.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 30, 2021, 04:44:08 pm »

Not different games, but focusing on really different things and it seems to be stopping the game from moving forward.

Glaz claim is okay by me.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #636 on: August 30, 2021, 04:47:02 pm »

I'm open to a pubby exile, but I'd like to look more into yesterday's e wagon to see who looks scummy on it.

Awaclus casts the first vote for e, based on e's criticism of my vote for pubby. Then MiX joins the wagon.

Swowl then votes e for bringing up the possibility of a D1 mass claim.

Awaclus votes for Swowl, unvoting e. MiX unvotes. Awaclus switches back to e, doesn't give a reason. MiX switches back to e again.

I then switch my vote to e because I'm townreading Didds slightly for backing down rather than pushing my exile.

mathdude joins the wagon without much explanation, putting e at L-2. For my money this is one of the scummier votes, but I admit mine doesn't look great either.

faust comes in critical of the e exile. Town points.

Galz votes for e, with two votes for himself. Hedges about it. Kinda scummy.

MiX switched to Galz.

Dylan puts e to L-1, saying he thinks "e is more likely to flip scum than Galz". This is a nothing statement. I also find this vote potentially scummy.

E claims at L-1

MiX declares that e is town, despite a difficult-to-verify claim.

Awaclus switches to Galz, putting him at L-1. MiX and Galzria switch their votes to Didds, putting e at a same-seeming L-3.

Galz claims, and I switch my vote from e to Galz. Seems more likely to get through, plus a vig who won't vig doesn't seem like a huge loss to me.

Galz swaps his vote to e again. I switch back to e as Galz wagon seems stalled and I want to get an exile through. iguanaiguana votes e, reluctantly, for the same reasons.

Hammer by the IC.

Sorry for the wall of text.  Final wagon is Swowl, mathdude, Dylan32, Galzria, Glooble,  iguanaiguana, MiX, but that order is deceptive with so much unvoting and switching. Technically Awaclus started the wagon but he didn't end up on it, despite voting for e twice. Swowl was the third vote onto e and stayed there throughout all the moving around that happened. Galzria pretty clearly jumped on as an act of self-preservation, and iguana, MiX and myself were all just trying to get any exile through. Put all this together and it has the makings of a pretty townie wagon. Scummiest members are mathdude and Dylan imo. They both got onto e when there were multiple viable wagons, didn't give compelling reasons, and disappeared conveniently during the end-of-day scramble. Granted that last one might have been due to irl concerns, but still, that's where I want to exile today. Or pubby, could still do that. Or maybe Galz, iguana's Galz case has some merit.

vote: Dylan32 for now.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 30, 2021, 05:24:36 pm »

It seems me, iguana and Glooble all ended on e because an alternative didn't seem possible. But it was, I made sure of that.

I just thought people would not swap fast enough, and that scum could just afk to save galz.

Glooble, is it time to claim why you wanted to vote pubby?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #638 on: August 30, 2021, 05:43:57 pm »

It seems me, iguana and Glooble all ended on e because an alternative didn't seem possible. But it was, I made sure of that.

I just thought people would not swap fast enough, and that scum could just afk to save galz.

Glooble, is it time to claim why you wanted to vote pubby?

I wasn't online right at deadline because I had class. Otherwise I would have swapped to Galz, but as of the last time I was online it didn't seem possible.

No, the reasons were very thin and I can't give them away without claiming which I don't want to do. Seriously with all the hubaloo when I finally do reveal them you'll all think me quite mad.

He/ Him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 30, 2021, 06:22:33 pm »

Iguana reads as town to me. His defense against Pubby's post sounded more like a townie's defense, and a lot of my thoughts (not all, but a lot) have been mirrored in things they've said before I manage to get on and catch up, so that seems townie to me. I agree that the GID theory is probably wrong on the whole, but I remember being in some games as town where I thought I had figured out the scum team really early and it can be hard to shake that thought, so I don't necessarily think Pubby is scum for trying to prove his case.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 30, 2021, 06:41:39 pm »

I'm open to a pubby exile, but I'd like to look more into yesterday's e wagon to see who looks scummy on it.

Awaclus casts the first vote for e, based on e's criticism of my vote for pubby. Then MiX joins the wagon.

Swowl then votes e for bringing up the possibility of a D1 mass claim.

Awaclus votes for Swowl, unvoting e. MiX unvotes. Awaclus switches back to e, doesn't give a reason. MiX switches back to e again.

I then switch my vote to e because I'm townreading Didds slightly for backing down rather than pushing my exile.

mathdude joins the wagon without much explanation, putting e at L-2. For my money this is one of the scummier votes, but I admit mine doesn't look great either.

faust comes in critical of the e exile. Town points.

Galz votes for e, with two votes for himself. Hedges about it. Kinda scummy.

MiX switched to Galz.

Dylan puts e to L-1, saying he thinks "e is more likely to flip scum than Galz". This is a nothing statement. I also find this vote potentially scummy.

E claims at L-1

MiX declares that e is town, despite a difficult-to-verify claim.

Awaclus switches to Galz, putting him at L-1. MiX and Galzria switch their votes to Didds, putting e at a same-seeming L-3.

Galz claims, and I switch my vote from e to Galz. Seems more likely to get through, plus a vig who won't vig doesn't seem like a huge loss to me.

Galz swaps his vote to e again. I switch back to e as Galz wagon seems stalled and I want to get an exile through. iguanaiguana votes e, reluctantly, for the same reasons.

Hammer by the IC.

Sorry for the wall of text.  Final wagon is Swowl, mathdude, Dylan32, Galzria, Glooble,  iguanaiguana, MiX, but that order is deceptive with so much unvoting and switching. Technically Awaclus started the wagon but he didn't end up on it, despite voting for e twice. Swowl was the third vote onto e and stayed there throughout all the moving around that happened. Galzria pretty clearly jumped on as an act of self-preservation, and iguana, MiX and myself were all just trying to get any exile through. Put all this together and it has the makings of a pretty townie wagon. Scummiest members are mathdude and Dylan imo. They both got onto e when there were multiple viable wagons, didn't give compelling reasons, and disappeared conveniently during the end-of-day scramble. Granted that last one might have been due to irl concerns, but still, that's where I want to exile today. Or pubby, could still do that. Or maybe Galz, iguana's Galz case has some merit.

vote: Dylan32 for now.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but Glooble has been building a pretty nice tunnel on me this game. Not to the point of resisting voting elsewhere or anything, but from the opening RVS comment referring back to last game to basically every time they've mentioned more than one read at a time they've included me. This is literally just confirmation bias (if town)/intentional targeting (if scum). Like, you say that I and mathdude (maybe he did, but I don't remember and am only speaking for myself) got on at a time where there were multiple viable wagons. This is only sort of true. Galz and e were both at X-2, and nobody had claimed at that point yet. I didn't only say e was more likely to flip scum than galz...

After reading both e and galz, I just think e is more likely to flip scum than galz. Also, galz, as e admitted, had really good points countering the case.

Vote: e

L-1

--snip--

I thought e was scummier than galz at that point, and in having to choose between the two of them for the sake of consolidation, galz had the recent upper hand in their direct head-to-head conversations at that point, so e was the more logical choice. After they both claimed, I stuck by my decision for e and gave reasons for doing so. Was I wrong about e? Yup. Was exiling him better than Galz? TBD depending on Galz's alignment and whether they shoot scum or not. Was exiling e better than pushing a 3rd person (who statistically would have been more likely to be town than scum) up and getting another claim? Most likely. We got kind of lucky in that even if we did end up with two wagons on town, we managed to do that, get an informative flip, and NOT out our presumably stronger roles than a hider and a vig who generally won't shoot. So yeah, I'm sad I was wrong, but I stand by the process that got there.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 30, 2021, 09:00:17 pm »

Ok, I read a lot of pubby's posts in games that he's played. Good news, I like pubby a lot better now! I guess because I read some of his posts where he wasn't just nonstop tunneling me. I've never seen pubby play like he's playing in this current game. Also, he's never been scum before (that I could find) outside of one beer themed bastard game. Notably, in the dwarf bastard game that just finished, he had really good reads (he kept saying that Galz/Didds/Awa was the team.. Galz/Didds was correct) but he also second guessed himself a lot and ended up voting outside of his correct guess fequently. I've also seen Pubby in several games get heated/emotional about things... which is not something I'm seeing here at all. In this game, he's been quite level headed and cool with his pronouncements.

Yeah, I really like

Vote: Pubby

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 30, 2021, 10:34:55 pm »

Will catch up & respond in morning. I see there see a number of questions for me. Will get to all of them.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 31, 2021, 01:07:34 am »

Vote: Iguana
Vote: Mathdude

Vote: Faust

why was I worth a vote?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 31, 2021, 01:23:11 am »

why was I worth a vote?

Click this link to find out why I was voting for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 31, 2021, 02:59:52 am »

why was I worth a vote?
You are pushing for that OMGUS really hard, aren't you?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 31, 2021, 03:40:18 am »

Ok, I read a lot of pubby's posts in games that he's played. Good news, I like pubby a lot better now! I guess because I read some of his posts where he wasn't just nonstop tunneling me. I've never seen pubby play like he's playing in this current game. Also, he's never been scum before (that I could find) outside of one beer themed bastard game. Notably, in the dwarf bastard game that just finished, he had really good reads (he kept saying that Galz/Didds/Awa was the team.. Galz/Didds was correct) but he also second guessed himself a lot and ended up voting outside of his correct guess fequently. I've also seen Pubby in several games get heated/emotional about things... which is not something I'm seeing here at all. In this game, he's been quite level headed and cool with his pronouncements.

Yeah, I really like

The beer game (which had nothing to do with beer, god bless pubby's fakeclaim) sure felt like a RMM from my perspective, and I was his buddy that game. Can you go deeper into it and say if pubby looks similar or not?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 31, 2021, 09:42:40 am »

"So what do you think about this whole evil witches thing?" Dorothy asks the Scarecrow.

"Think? Oh, I'm afraid I don't. You see, I don't have a brain!"

"But how are you walking and talking?!"

"Oh I don't know," he says. "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking. And voting for that matter."

As they chat, they come upon a metal man chopping wood. After introductions and the application of some oil, Dorothy asks the Tin Man a similar question.

"How do you feel about this whole business?"

"Feel? Oh I'm afraid I don't. You see, I don't have a heart!"

Vote Count 2.2

pubby (3): EFHW, WestCoastDidds, iguanaiguana
Dylan32 (2): faust, Glooble
WestCoastDidds (1): pubby
faust (1): Swowl

Not voting (4): Dylan32, Galzria, MiX, mathdude

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to exile. Day 2 ends Thursday, September 2 at 10:00 pm forum time. That's in about 60 hours.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 31, 2021, 01:05:59 pm »

Yeah, I really like

The beer game (which had nothing to do with beer, god bless pubby's fakeclaim) sure felt like a RMM from my perspective, and I was his buddy that game. Can you go deeper into it and say if pubby looks similar or not?

Pubby played bud idea quite differently to how he is playing now. He made up a whimsical fakeclaim & at least early on he was pretty all over the place with votes/reads/etc. I am not saying that pubby here looks like pubby in bud idea. I will say that no scum wants to exactly replicate their previous scum meta.

What convinced me it's a good vote is the contrast between pubby in recent town games and pubby here. To me, that is more relevant than a 2 year old bastard game. I can give evidence for that if you want.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 31, 2021, 01:17:53 pm »

why was I worth a vote?

Actually, fine. You were worth a vote!

You were worth a vote because you spent all of D1 pushing a town exile. You were super active, but you never switched your vote all day long... despite claims coming out. You were quite defensive of Galz and that led to the e exile. If it was T v T, it honestly doesn't look that scummy. But if Galz is scum, you look like a partner.

And that is really the best read I can have on you because you haven't interacted with very many other players. You've commented that you didn't jump on WCD or Glooble. You've commented that you think the people who voted for you are scummy. You've commented that you think Galz is really towny for a claim that I think is super scummy.... and I think my reasons are better than your reasons.

What else have you even done?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.