Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia  (Read 98229 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia
« Reply #475 on: August 26, 2021, 04:33:31 pm »

I think a lot of time N1 actions are pretty much blind, and the best way for people to direct their actions is based on a flip.  I have historically been a huge advocate of D1 exiles, going so far as to hammer myself as town to ensure an exile went through on D1. (on a side note - town did win and I like to think my self-exile contributed to that)

That is not the situation here.  I think there is enough to go on between Galzria and myself, plus other wagons and opinions on Swowl, Didds, and others to give people enough to make informed N1 action choices.

That and the very high likelihood of a multiple-death night either N1 or sometime in the future
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 26, 2021, 04:42:35 pm »

anyway, I am going to sleep now, hope to see you all on D2!
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 26, 2021, 04:42:43 pm »

I think a lot of time N1 actions are pretty much blind, and the best way for people to direct their actions is based on a flip.  I have historically been a huge advocate of D1 exiles, going so far as to hammer myself as town to ensure an exile went through on D1. (on a side note - town did win and I like to think my self-exile contributed to that)

That is not the situation here.  I think there is enough to go on between Galzria and myself, plus other wagons and opinions on Swowl, Didds, and others to give people enough to make informed N1 action choices.

That and the very high likelihood of a multiple-death night either N1 or sometime in the future

Interesting Glooble is not on that list.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 26, 2021, 04:42:48 pm »

I find it ironic that we've run up two wagons and gotten two claims of roles that either wouldn't hurt town too much to lose or would be convenient fake claims for scum, and it still seems like we are moving away from exiling either of them. Like I get it if we unfortunately hit a doc or a cop or something, but if we weren't going to exile either of e or galz after claiming these roles, were we ever going to exile anyone?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 26, 2021, 04:44:11 pm »

I sorta like the make Galz shoot e thing but I also sorta like the exile Galz. I'm back at work now, limited access and brain ability to sort out very hard choices, this sucks
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 26, 2021, 04:44:36 pm »

So first we had e claim a role that at the time may not have even been verifiable, depending on what roles are in play... possibly a fairly safe false claim?
Then Galz claims a role that based on meta is somewhat useles since he doesn't want to use it.

Call me skeptical, but both seem easy enough to make up. Galz's is definitely more risky to fake claim, both the flavour name and the role, at a risk of being counter-claimed (unless it was a mod-provided safe claim).

PPE4
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 26, 2021, 04:46:18 pm »

wait E! come back what happens if you hide behind skum????
real good. That’s how

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 26, 2021, 04:48:34 pm »

I find it ironic that we've run up two wagons and gotten two claims of roles that either wouldn't hurt town too much to lose or would be convenient fake claims for scum, and it still seems like we are moving away from exiling either of them. Like I get it if we unfortunately hit a doc or a cop or something, but if we weren't going to exile either of e or galz after claiming these roles, were we ever going to exile anyone?

Exactly!

Also, I stil want to see an exile happen. I'd rather it is e as it seems like a very low risk, potential fake claim. But I'd jump to Galz, Didds, or even Swowl to get one.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 26, 2021, 04:48:53 pm »

Exactly!

Also, I stil want to see an exile happen. I'd rather it is e as it seems like a very low risk, potential fake claim. But I'd jump to Galz, Didds, or even Swowl to get one.

Vote Galz then, he should be at L-2

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 26, 2021, 04:49:32 pm »

Exactly!

Would you go to Glooble?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 26, 2021, 04:49:43 pm »

unvote

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 26, 2021, 04:50:06 pm »

Exactly!

Of the two, I think I would rather lose a hider than a town vig who is known for exercising restraint with the role, so why not e?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 26, 2021, 04:50:27 pm »

Exactly!

I think I’m L-1

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 26, 2021, 04:51:07 pm »

Exactly!

I think I’m L-1

I've been keeping track of votes and I think you're at L-2.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 26, 2021, 04:51:19 pm »

Exactly!

I think I’m L-1

Oh, nevermind. I think you’re right. e’s vote for NE is the one I missed.

Mafia Record:

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 26, 2021, 04:51:48 pm »

Exactly!

Would you go to Glooble?

How many more people do you want to claim today?

Ironically after asking that question, I would actually be willing to go back to Glooble.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 26, 2021, 04:51:51 pm »

So first we had e claim a role that at the time may not have even been verifiable, depending on what roles are in play... possibly a fairly safe false claim?
Then Galz claims a role that based on meta is somewhat useles since he doesn't want to use it.

Call me skeptical, but both seem easy enough to make up. Galz's is definitely more risky to fake claim, both the flavour name and the role, at a risk of being counter-claimed (unless it was a mod-provided safe claim).

PPE4

Can't believe that no one has pointed this out

The fact that he has a history (which I can verify) of being extremely effing vocal about vig being a anti town utility role literally means nothing once he claimed the role. On day 1 to be exact. If he tried to claim it on day 3/4/5... ok yeah THAT is convenient this means nothing.

His history does not work for him here, now that it is made public, it works against him. We could dictate that he does not shoot at all. Like Ever. That handcuffs him if he is skum, he literally can never take a night action until he is 100% sure no one can track watch whatever it may be.

PPE a few
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 26, 2021, 04:52:58 pm »

PPE4

The fact that he has a history (which I can verify) of being extremely effing vocal about vig being a anti town utility role literally means nothing once he claimed the role. On day 1 to be exact. If he tried to claim it on day 3/4/5... ok yeah THAT is convenient this means nothing.

His history does not work for him here, now that it is made public, it works against him. We could dictate that he does not shoot at all. Like Ever. That handcuffs him if he is skum, he literally can never take a night action until he is 100% sure no one can track watch whatever it may be.

PPE a few

Trackers kill fakeclaiming vigs even if they "shoot" because there's no way scum!Galz is a 2-shot vig.

Unless there is. Lol.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 26, 2021, 04:53:16 pm »

Exactly!

Of the two, I think I would rather lose a hider than a town vig who is known for exercising restraint with the role, so why not e?

Same.

Exactly!

Would you go to Glooble?

I don't see it swinging there at this point. But if it starts, I would do a quick reread and consider it
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 26, 2021, 04:54:05 pm »

Math, you vote Galz instead of e if you want an exile because e's at L-4 and Galz is at L-2. Also, you're on e already.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 26, 2021, 04:54:06 pm »

Exactly!

Would you go to Glooble?

Ironically after asking that question, I would actually be willing to go back to Glooble.

You put Swowl & Didds on your list. Neither has claimed. I simply wondered if Glooble was also on that list. I don’t want them all to claim. I was just curious why a leading wagon earlier didn’t get your attention now.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 26, 2021, 04:55:17 pm »

Exactly!

Would you go to Glooble?

You put Swowl & Didds on your list. Neither has claimed. I simply wondered if Glooble was also on that list. I don’t want them all to claim. I was just curious why a leading wagon earlier didn’t get your attention now.

Sorry, thought it was Math answering my question to Math. Missed that you’re not math.

Mafia Record:

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 26, 2021, 04:57:03 pm »

Exactly!

Would you go to Glooble?

Sorry, thought it was Math answering my question to Math. Missed that you’re not math.

I am not, but I was the other person quoted by Math, so the question to Math related to my (not!Math's) converstion with Math.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 26, 2021, 04:57:09 pm »

Exactly!

Same.

Exactly!

Would you go to Glooble?

I don't see it swinging there at this point. But if it starts, I would do a quick reread and consider it

So to put it to the person I intended:

Math - I’m not asking for anybody additional to claim. But why do you list Swowl (who never had a wagon), WCD, e & me as options, but leave off Glooble completely (who did have a substantial wagon)?

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 26, 2021, 04:57:34 pm »

PPE4

PPE a few

Trackers kill fakeclaiming vigs even if they "shoot" because there's no way scum!Galz is a 2-shot vig.

Unless there is. Lol.

my point was more "if galz is skum he has some other ability most likely" - ie. not 2 shot vig
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.