Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia  (Read 98078 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia
« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2021, 02:05:49 pm »

Actually, I'll try this first because why not

Vote: Swowl

Anybody? Anybody? Eh?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 26, 2021, 02:06:45 pm »

It's not that different from other games; I think you should always be wary of wagons that your townreads oppose unless you have a good reason to think otherwise.

Your townreads, sure. But the IC, unlike your townreads, has less information than anyone else, which is why your own reads are by default better than theirs unless there's a good reason to think otherwise.
Just because they know the alignment of 1 fewer players doesn't mean it's sensible to completely disregard their reads. The less-informedness of their reads compared to your townreads is made up for by the plus in trustworthiness; your townreads could still be scum, after all.

I think this is important enough to highlight again. Yes, I know my own alignment and that of MiX. Whereas MiX only knows his own. But I think if we're starting to get into effectively second lines of logic... I'm considering the reads of people I town-read, or similar... even if I town-read Swowl, for example, I should be much more wary of Swowl's reads if MiX says he doesn't trust the guy.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 26, 2021, 02:09:21 pm »

Does anyone else get the impression that flavour texts in vote counts might actually mean something? Is MiX Dorothy? Or maybe Toto?
Also, Vote: e

I am Dorothy. It was in the opening post.

I doubt anyone else's flavor will be revealed by joth.

For some reason, I thought it was alluded to without being stated. I went back to look, and I was wrong.

Also, probably not revealed by joth, but possibly non-connectable info about the game could be included.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 26, 2021, 02:10:33 pm »

I think the only people that should be wagoned today are e, Galzria, Didds and Glooble. If anyone else is exiled today and flips town, that will just make D2 really awkward.

Once again this game, I find myself agreeing with MiX.Swowl could possibly be added to the list though, as there has been since discussion about him (though not as much).
he/him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 26, 2021, 02:17:04 pm »

I think the only people that should be wagoned today are e, Galzria, Didds and Glooble. If anyone else is exiled today and flips town, that will just make D2 really awkward.

Once again this game, I find myself agreeing with MiX.Swowl could possibly be added to the list though, as there has been since discussion about him (though not as much).

Swowl must needs be added to the list  8) Let's do a last minute exile the super buff snowy owl

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 26, 2021, 02:17:52 pm »

So I did a lot of analysis in my QT and used fuzzy maths to determine that of my null reads on e and Galzria, e is the better exile.

I have intent to vote for e.

Before I put him in a derphammerable spot (remember when I used to play JakeThaBaseballGod and Roadrunner were around), I would like to hear from faust and MiX why they think that Galzria is a much better choice than e.

I also would not mind to hear from Mathdude and Glooble why they think that e is a better choice from Galzria.

I think e's first post of the game was where my thoughts of e were tipped toward scummy (not the massclaim idea shortly after, that seemed to catch others... that's NAI to me). And he hasn't done much since that make me feel like he's gotten.

Galz on the other hand has basically flown under the radar most of the game in my mind. Only once starting to be targeted did some of his responses (specifically his first two on page 16) raise a bit of concern for me. I'd definitely switch to Galz if the e-wagon fizzles, rather than see no exile happen.
he/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2021, 02:18:54 pm »

So, really like my Galzria vote after reading him.

- Opens with his joke about MiX being IC
- second post theory talk about the setup
- case on Didds is flimsy at best. In fact, the case is basically that WCD is not overtly aware of a V/LA situation. I would argue the opposite, that not being aware is more likely in town.

Speaking of which, really Galzria is super duper ultra aware. Like, scum level aware. So aware that he thinks everyone else is aware.

Then there are just more posts, the would exile/won't exile list, standard stuff.

But yeah, I like voting for Galzria

- I have opened with that exact same post to MiX in every game for over 30 consecutive games between this site and Jimmmm’s… with the exception of the last game I played in, where I was scum for the first time in a millennium and forgot (was scum with Didds & Math fwiw).

- Setup post is w/e. There were no real posts, didn’t feel like RVS’ing (don’t generally) but wanted to keep my engagement up - the longer I go without posting something the harder it is for me to get back into it later.

- Again, you’re making the same bad argument faust did. It is GENERALLY for MOST scum more likely that they’ll be more aware than their town!selves. That doesn’t hold true for WCD. She gets into try-hard mode when scum and attempts to go about checking every box, which almost always causes her to overlook something and get herself into trouble.

- Yes. I’m super duper ultra aware that Swowl was VLA. That generally happens when your roommate isn’t in the house for 4 days.

So basically WCD will catch herself as scum later if she is in fact scum? Cool, let's exile Didds day 3

Otherwise, yeah. All valid points in your defense. I still think you are a good exile
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2021, 02:29:44 pm »

So basically WCD will catch herself as scum later if she is in fact scum? Cool, let's exile Didds day 3

Sadly, it's a sterling and well earned reputation.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2021, 02:33:21 pm »

I have some work now, but will be around later

Didds Count

2.71828.... (5): Swowl, Awaclus, Glooble, mathdude, Galzria
Galzria (5): faust, 2.71828...., WestCoastDidds, MiX, EFHW
Swowl (1): iguanaiguana
Glooble (1): Dylan32
iguanaiguana (1): pubby

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends at 7 pm on Thursday, forum time. That's in ~4:30 hours.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 26, 2021, 02:45:26 pm »

After reading both e and galz, I just think e is more likely to flip scum than galz. Also, galz, as e admitted, had really good points countering the case.

Vote: e

L-1

If iguana had voted instead of posting intent to vote, I'd have declared intent to hammer, but since one of the two people not on the main two wagons is already paying attention to not derphammer, this is fine.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 26, 2021, 02:49:44 pm »

I'm probably gonna have to hammer that at some point.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 26, 2021, 02:51:33 pm »

Normal mafia rules apply.

Is there plurality exile?

No. If no one reaches a majority, there will be no exile.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 26, 2021, 02:57:54 pm »

Cowardly lion that I am, I will go ahead and claim.

I am a hider.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 26, 2021, 03:00:28 pm »

I thought about making some sort of commitment to hide behind MiX or something, but that is silly.

I want going to hide at all because it is really just useless and could only end in tragedy, but I will commit to actually hiding tonight so trackers, etc who for whatever reason want to target me can ask least see something

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 26, 2021, 03:01:30 pm »

So please, I may look fierce, but I am just a big harmless cat, scared of my own shadow

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 26, 2021, 03:12:28 pm »

e is town.

Next claim!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2021, 03:12:49 pm »

Meanwhile back in Munchkinland, the Coroner gives his official report.

"These feet belong to the leader of the Lollipop Guild, a well-known and influential Munchkin. But more importantly, we have found trace amounts of dark magic around the house! Yes, this house did not fall by accident, this was the work of the Wicked Witches of the West and/or East!"

"And my magic senses tell me that the witch that did it is hiding amongst us right now!" Glinda says.

"Huh, maybe we shouldn't have let that sweet girl go off all by herself," says the Mayor. "Oh well."

"Where are we, what's going on?" ask Uncle Henry and Auntie Em as they stagger out of the house. "I sure don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

Vote Count 1.5

2.71828.... (6): Swowl, Awaclus, Glooble, mathdude, Galzria, Dylan32 (L-1)
Galzria (5): faust, 2.71828...., WestCoastDidds, MiX, EFHW (L-2)
Swowl (1): iguanaiguana
iguanaiguana (1): pubby

Not voting (0)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends at 7 pm on Thursday, forum time. That's in just under 4 hours.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2021, 03:15:33 pm »

e is town.

Next claim!

Nah. Don’t think so.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 26, 2021, 03:16:23 pm »

Also, will be going to sleep here soon, won't be around for the deadline

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2021, 03:16:31 pm »

I don't think it's terrible to let e live and see if we can verify his hiding

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2021, 03:18:21 pm »

Morning was busier than expected.
Checking in, need a minute to read
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 26, 2021, 03:29:03 pm »

I don't think it's terrible to let e live and see if we can verify his hiding

How exactly would we verify that? With this claim, scum probably wouldn't try to shoot him, so he'll probably live (unless unlucky target). If a tracker or similar watches him, are they really going to claim D2 that yeah he hid where he said he did? That seems more likely to waste an investigative role than to actually be beneficial. Unless of course the plan is to let e live for several days and hope the tracker or whatever lives long enough to get other results before coming forward and confirming or rejecting this claim, but that doesn't seem like a good play either.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #422 on: August 26, 2021, 03:38:35 pm »

Vote: Galzria
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #423 on: August 26, 2021, 03:39:10 pm »

That's L-1.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 26, 2021, 03:40:03 pm »

Unvote
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.