Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia  (Read 98128 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia
« Reply #375 on: August 26, 2021, 11:25:52 am »

You should Exile me over no Exile 100%.

Vote: e

Also better than no Exile, although likely worse than exiling me if he’s town. Didds still best Exile to hit scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 26, 2021, 11:28:43 am »

Vote: Galzria

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 26, 2021, 11:31:18 am »

That was L-1, come on Galzria.

Vote Count 1.4.MiX

2.71828.... (5): Swowl, Awaclus, Glooble, mathdude, Galzria
Galzria (3): faust, 2.71828...., WestCoastDidds, MiX
WestCoastDidds (1): iguanaiguana
Glooble (1): Dylan32
iguanaiguana (1): pubby

Not voting (1): EFHW

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends at 7 pm on Thursday, forum time. That's in 7:30 hours.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 26, 2021, 11:34:42 am »

That was L-1, come on Galzria.

Vote Count 1.4.MiX

2.71828.... (5): Swowl, Awaclus, Glooble, mathdude, Galzria
Galzria (4): faust, 2.71828...., WestCoastDidds, MiX
WestCoastDidds (1): iguanaiguana
Glooble (1): Dylan32
iguanaiguana (1): pubby

Not voting (1): EFHW

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends at 7 pm on Thursday, forum time. That's in 7:30 hours.

EBWOP

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 26, 2021, 11:53:47 am »

I reread Glooble. There were some things that I noticed, but I don't want to exile him today.

vote: Galzria.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 26, 2021, 11:54:07 am »

I think the only people that should be wagoned today are e, Galzria, Didds and Glooble. If anyone else is exiled today and flips town, that will just make D2 really awkward.

That short list because there is more clear development of sides?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 26, 2021, 12:01:45 pm »

So, really like my Galzria vote after reading him.

- Opens with his joke about MiX being IC
- second post theory talk about the setup
- case on Didds is flimsy at best. In fact, the case is basically that WCD is not overtly aware of a V/LA situation. I would argue the opposite, that not being aware is more likely in town.

Speaking of which, really Galzria is super duper ultra aware. Like, scum level aware. So aware that he thinks everyone else is aware.

Then there are just more posts, the would exile/won't exile list, standard stuff.

But yeah, I like voting for Galzria

- I have opened with that exact same post to MiX in every game for over 30 consecutive games between this site and Jimmmm’s… with the exception of the last game I played in, where I was scum for the first time in a millennium and forgot (was scum with Didds & Math fwiw).

- Setup post is w/e. There were no real posts, didn’t feel like RVS’ing (don’t generally) but wanted to keep my engagement up - the longer I go without posting something the harder it is for me to get back into it later.

- Again, you’re making the same bad argument faust did. It is GENERALLY for MOST scum more likely that they’ll be more aware than their town!selves. That doesn’t hold true for WCD. She gets into try-hard mode when scum and attempts to go about checking every box, which almost always causes her to overlook something and get herself into trouble.

- Yes. I’m super duper ultra aware that Swowl was VLA. That generally happens when your roommate isn’t in the house for 4 days.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 26, 2021, 12:02:41 pm »

I'm here. I don't love these wagons.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 26, 2021, 12:16:23 pm »

I'm not gonna lie. I worked overtime last night, I've got a headache, and I really just want to make a meme of a snowy owl saying "Bro, I don't even LIFT." I super don't want to reread Galzria who is as verbose as I am.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 26, 2021, 12:30:05 pm »

- I have opened with that exact same post to MiX in every game for over 30 consecutive games between this site and Jimmmm’s… with the exception of the last game I played in, where I was scum for the first time in a millennium and forgot (was scum with Didds & Math fwiw).

That was also the only game I didn't play since I joined.

Well, that I didn't co-mod.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2021, 12:37:28 pm »

Good thing the IC doesn’t dictate who we exile. It’s crazy, but it’s almost like they have less knowledge than literally anybody in the game.
I for example have the knowledge that it's almost impossible to get a town-controlled wagon on Didds to succeed if MiX and me oppose it. Which means the only way a Didds exile is going to happen is because scum wants it to happen.

I just want to point out that the Didds exile super didn't happen. It dissipated in all of a moment after getting four votes on it. So yes, if she's scum your scenario is most likely correct. The towns opposed it and scum were like, phew.

I was actually on the verge yesterday of thinking EFHW was scum, hopping on the Didds wagon in position #4 ready to watch a few more votes pile up and get the sweet sweet mis-exile. Now that EFHW's vote remains the apex of the Didds wagon it's much harder assess that move.

As it stands... I think we probably maybe have a T v T situation with the two exiles with scum voting on both wagons. I don't know but that's my gut feeling right now -.-

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 26, 2021, 12:48:03 pm »

That was also the only game I didn't play since I joined.

Well, that I didn't co-mod.

Sorry, I’m mixing (ha) up games. You’re right - you weren’t in that one. It was Momento that I was scum, you were in, and I didn’t make that opening post.

Mafia Record:

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 26, 2021, 01:00:02 pm »

As it stands... I think we probably maybe have a T v T situation with the two exiles with scum voting on both wagons. I don't know but that's my gut feeling right now -.-

That was my sense and why I moved off Glooble
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 26, 2021, 01:13:17 pm »

Don't go voting for e. Galzria is a much better exile.

So are like, a bunch of people. You could start a wagon on pubby, or Dylan or someone.

Glooble is a really bad vote. I'm at work so kinda busy today. Yes I knew Didds, I maybe didn't play with her quite as much as the others

So, barring day roles, these are either 3rd parties, with real or supposed wincons compatible with town (masons?), people with QTs who explicitly trust their partner, scum/liars, or more people are more starting opinions as facts, like MiX.
he/him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2021, 01:14:13 pm »

Not the previous half wagons of WCD V Glooble... which also COULD have been T v T. I'm talking about the current wagons of e vs. Galzria.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2021, 01:15:13 pm »

So are like, a bunch of people. You could start a wagon on pubby, or Dylan or someone.

Glooble is a really bad vote. I'm at work so kinda busy today. Yes I knew Didds, I maybe didn't play with her quite as much as the others

So, barring day roles, these are either 3rd parties, with real or supposed wincons compatible with town (masons?), people with QTs who explicitly trust their partner, scum/liars, or more people are more starting opinions as facts, like MiX.

Or humans.

Not the previous half wagons of WCD V Glooble... which also COULD have been T v T. I'm talking about the current wagons of e vs. Galzria.

Just pick the scum out of Didds/Glooble/e/Galzria. Unless you're saying they're all T? In which case, what a day this has been.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 26, 2021, 01:30:38 pm »

Nexile is objectively bad. Even though people have night powers, it's reasonable to expect that scum has more powerful night powers because otherwise the game would be heavily town-favored. And so, ideally, we want to minimize the number of nights we have.
That argument is taking a couple of leaps. The game would not be town-favored just because town have "better" powers. There could be more scum to make up for it. In fact, the scum-to-town ratio in RMMs is usually higher specifically because town's powers are better than in a normal game compared to scum's. So you can stop making claims about "objectivity".

Then why don't we just automatically nexile every day and win with our superior night powers instead?
I guess it's within flavor to put up a strawman?

If nexiling every day is obviously a bad idea (which it is), then it seems equally obvious that nexiling is bad in general.
If exiling e in every game is obviously a bad idea (which it is), then it seems equally obvious that exiling e is bad in general.

If exiling MiX every game is a good idea, then exiling MiX this game is...
Wait...
With MiX often coming across scummy, even when town, maybe I thought there was some truth to that. But this game clearly proves it's not always good to exile MiX.

Regarding the No Exile idea... unless town has a Vig, anyone is usually the only chance to kill scum. So I'm all for exile. And even if we miss, we get a good bunch of info from wagons... someone else already said, if we don't exile today, D2 can look a lot like a typical D1.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 26, 2021, 01:33:00 pm »

Wait...
With MiX often coming across scummy, even when town, maybe I thought there was some truth to that. But this game clearly proves it's not always good to exile MiX.

Regarding the No Exile idea... unless town has a Vig, anyone is usually the only chance to kill scum. So I'm all for exile. And even if we miss, we get a good bunch of info from wagons... someone else already said, if we don't exile today, D2 can look a lot like a typical D1.

Just because you can't read me doesn't mean I come across scummy every game :( I would say I'm obviously town this game, even without my alignment being known. This was only possible because I didn't need to care about people reading me, but still.

Those are just generic reasons to not want to exile. If the 2 top wagons are town, not exiling is better than exiling, especially in a RMM.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 26, 2021, 01:33:46 pm »

Normal mafia rules apply.

Is there plurality exile?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 26, 2021, 01:36:22 pm »

Wait...

Just because you can't read me doesn't mean I come across scummy every game :(
I think mathdude was just stating his opinion as fact there, like some sort of maniac.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 26, 2021, 01:57:46 pm »

Or humans.

Just pick the scum out of Didds/Glooble/e/Galzria. Unless you're saying they're all T? In which case, what a day this has been.

Didds Glooble is not a thing anymore. the votes for those options don't exist anymore and never existed to the point of even 5 votes for either player.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2021, 01:58:33 pm »

I think you will find I have a long and storied history of stating my opinions as facts  8)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 26, 2021, 01:59:27 pm »

I think you will find I have a long and storied history of stating my opinions as facts  8)
FTFY
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 26, 2021, 02:02:57 pm »

So I did a lot of analysis in my QT and used fuzzy maths to determine that of my null reads on e and Galzria, e is the better exile.

I have intent to vote for e.

Before I put him in a derphammerable spot (remember when I used to play JakeThaBaseballGod and Roadrunner were around), I would like to hear from faust and MiX why they think that Galzria is a much better choice than e.

I also would not mind to hear from Mathdude and Glooble why they think that e is a better choice from Galzria.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 26, 2021, 02:04:02 pm »

So I did a lot of analysis in my QT and used fuzzy maths to determine that of my null reads on e and Galzria, e is the better exile.

I have intent to vote for e.

Before I put him in a derphammerable spot (remember when I used to play JakeThaBaseballGod and Roadrunner were around), I would like to hear from faust and MiX why they think that Galzria is a much better choice than e.

I also would not mind to hear from Mathdude and Glooble why they think that e is a better choice from Galzria.

You ain't gettin nothin from me
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.