Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia  (Read 98104 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia
« Reply #350 on: August 26, 2021, 04:43:55 am »

It's not that different from other games; I think you should always be wary of wagons that your townreads oppose unless you have a good reason to think otherwise.

Your townreads, sure. But the IC, unlike your townreads, has less information than anyone else, which is why your own reads are by default better than theirs unless there's a good reason to think otherwise.
Just because they know the alignment of 1 fewer players doesn't mean it's sensible to completely disregard their reads. The less-informedness of their reads compared to your townreads is made up for by the plus in trustworthiness; your townreads could still be scum, after all.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #351 on: August 26, 2021, 04:52:39 am »

It's not that different from other games; I think you should always be wary of wagons that your townreads oppose unless you have a good reason to think otherwise.

Your townreads, sure. But the IC, unlike your townreads, has less information than anyone else, which is why your own reads are by default better than theirs unless there's a good reason to think otherwise.
Just because they know the alignment of 1 fewer players doesn't mean it's sensible to completely disregard their reads. The less-informedness of their reads compared to your townreads is made up for by the plus in trustworthiness; your townreads could still be scum, after all.

Well, obviously you shouldn't just sheep your townreads either. But even if they're scum contrary to your reads, their reads are worth paying more attention to than the IC's.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 26, 2021, 06:18:27 am »

What a conversation. Faust is town from it.

I haven't even given you guys a counterwagon and you're already talking about not following me on principle.

For Didds to flip scum when I'm against it, all of town has to agree on who's scum D1. I don't think we're at that point with Didds.

But it's not like I'm going to oppose the Didds wagon aggressively. Do whatever. I think I pushed town!Glooble all day and the other wagon options don't intetest me anyway.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 26, 2021, 06:31:49 am »

Vote: e

Vote Count 1.3.MiX.2

WestCoastDidds (4): Galzria, iguanaiguana, Glooble, EFHW
2.71828.... (3): Swowl, Awaclus, MiX
Glooble (1): Dylan32
iguanaiguana (1): pubby
EFHW (1): 2.71828....
faust (1): mathdude
Galzria (1): faust

Not voting (1): WestCoastDidds

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends at 7 pm on Thursday, forum time (in 12:30 hours).

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #354 on: August 26, 2021, 06:35:17 am »

vote: e

I think I like it slightly better than Didds.

Unfortunately I won't be around at deadline, but I can be on a little bit before.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 26, 2021, 06:48:58 am »

If exiling e in every game is obviously a bad idea (which it is), then it seems equally obvious that exiling e is bad in general.

Exiling e in every game is not obviously a bad idea. It's possible that he's scum in every game.

Exiling e in every game is obviously a bad idea. It's just that faust's extrapolation from "every day" to "every game" significantly changes the argument/statement, so it can't disprove what you said. But meh, it's not like the way you argue is alignment indicative.

Well, obviously you shouldn't just sheep your townreads either. But even if they're scum contrary to your reads, their reads are worth paying more attention to than the IC's.

You changed arguments here.

Also let it be known I'm vehemently opposed to Galzria's posts, but I can't point to anything specifically that's completely wrong or very scummy.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 26, 2021, 07:02:49 am »

Hey, a wagon. Sorry, this week got busy at work and home, haven't kept up like I would have liked
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 26, 2021, 07:05:31 am »

But going to argue the case against me, it's a day 1 case that is about as good as any other

I will go back and look at a few people as well as WCD (simply because age is the other wagon, not a fan of exiling there) and see what I find.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 26, 2021, 07:10:06 am »

In another note, I will not vote Didds just for self preservation

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 26, 2021, 07:23:30 am »

All right. Read WCD

WCD is solidly town. That wagon is scummy. I will go with an intersection of overreaction to IC!MiX and going after WCD.

Vote: Galzria

Now to read Galzria

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 26, 2021, 07:53:13 am »

So, really like my Galzria vote after reading him.

- Opens with his joke about MiX being IC
- second post theory talk about the setup
- case on Didds is flimsy at best. In fact, the case is basically that WCD is not overtly aware of a V/LA situation. I would argue the opposite, that not being aware is more likely in town.

Speaking of which, really Galzria is super duper ultra aware. Like, scum level aware. So aware that he thinks everyone else is aware.

Then there are just more posts, the would exile/won't exile list, standard stuff.

But yeah, I like voting for Galzria

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 26, 2021, 08:39:05 am »

This shouldn’t be a choice between Glooble and me. Good gravy, people. Quit doing the scum work for them.
It's reasonably likely that actual scum are doing some of that work.

True enough!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 26, 2021, 08:51:40 am »

So Galz has moved from going after me directly, to going after me indirectly becauese some widely town read folks and the IC say I’m a bad wagon. It looks to me like all of his content is being generated out of the single desire to get me out. Which is weird, right? His case wasn’t rock solid to begin with and now it’s the focus of the entirety of his day. Very much the like the fake engagement he accuses me of, I think.

It’s not OMGUS anymore
Vote: Galz

The thing I wonder about though is if he’d be this out there if he was scum. I don’t know. But then again, if he is scum and wants me out aiming early and being dogged might be his best strat? Not sure.

I’m also fine with nexile. To Awaclus’ point, not nexile every day, but no exile on D1 because we could learn more tonight than we know now. I like that far better than voting for a null read which other than Galz, is pretty much everyone except my town reads right now.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #363 on: August 26, 2021, 09:22:18 am »

You changed arguments here.

No I didn't. See the original argument:

But the IC, unlike your townreads, has less information than anyone else

I was always including scum in the category of "has more information than the IC".
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #364 on: August 26, 2021, 09:47:08 am »

I’m also fine with nexile. To Awaclus’ point, not nexile every day, but no exile on D1 because we could learn more tonight than we know now.

Couldn't we also learn more N2 than we know D1?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #365 on: August 26, 2021, 09:47:23 am »

I mean D2.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 26, 2021, 09:49:14 am »

Not too long after embarking on the yellow brick road, Dorothy comes upon a straw man.

"You there," she says, "Which way should we go to find out who dropped that house on that person?"

"You could exile him, or her, or him" the Scarecrow says, pointing at a few different Munchkins and Toto. "Of course, people do no exile."

"Oh, you're not very helpful at all!"

Nonetheless, the Scarecrow hops down off his perch and joins Dorothy and Toto on the road.

Vote Count 1.4

2.71828.... (4): Swowl, Awaclus, MiX, Glooble
Galzria (3): faust, 2.71828...., WestCoastDidds
WestCoastDidds (3): Galzria, iguanaiguana, EFHW
Glooble (1): Dylan32
iguanaiguana (1): pubby
faust (1): mathdude

Not voting (0)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends at 7 pm on Thursday, forum time. That's in just over 9 hours.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 26, 2021, 09:57:49 am »

Not too long after embarking on the yellow brick road, Dorothy comes upon a straw man.
I appreciate it  :D

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 26, 2021, 10:01:40 am »

Ok, I see the Didds wagon isn't going anywhere. While I don't share MiX and e's implicit trust, I recognize the Day 1 quality of my case. Didds keeps coming back to no exile. I've given some thought to that option, which often seems appealing on Day 1 when the exile feels random. But even if we misexile, that's not without benefit to town because we get information. After hearing people take positions, we find out what the truth was and this is clarifying and helpful down the line when looking for patterns. Without the Day 1 exile, Day 2 can feel like a repeat of Day 1.

I still haven't reread Glooble. I'll pick a wagon after I do that.

Unvote

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #369 on: August 26, 2021, 10:10:52 am »

For the record, I don't really want a no exile, but Didds advocating for it is extremely NAI.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2021, 10:57:54 am »

Does anyone else get the impression that flavour texts in vote counts might actually mean something? Is MiX Dorothy? Or maybe Toto?
Also, Vote: e
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 26, 2021, 10:59:10 am »

... I'll be back in 1 to 2 hours with more thoughts (at lunch when I can take time to quote some of the posts I have thoughts about.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 26, 2021, 11:03:20 am »

Does anyone else get the impression that flavour texts in vote counts might actually mean something? Is MiX Dorothy? Or maybe Toto?
Also, Vote: e

I am Dorothy. It was in the opening post.

I doubt anyone else's flavor will be revealed by joth.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 26, 2021, 11:11:41 am »

Don't go voting for e. Galzria is a much better exile.

So are like, a bunch of people. You could start a wagon on pubby, or Dylan or someone.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 26, 2021, 11:14:47 am »

I think the only people that should be wagoned today are e, Galzria, Didds and Glooble. If anyone else is exiled today and flips town, that will just make D2 really awkward.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.