Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia  (Read 98058 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2021, 05:16:43 pm »

It is in the best interest of town of I don’t have to reveal my role, so y’all figure something else out before we run out of time.  A bad wagon is literally the very best way for scum to role fish.

MiX, we have 26 hours. I don’t want to make your head explode by revealing information you think is better for town to be kept secret, so you tell me when I should claim.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2021, 05:19:06 pm »

It is in the best interest of town of I don’t have to reveal my role, so y’all figure something else out before we run out of time.  A bad wagon is literally the very best way for scum to role fish.

MiX, we have 26 hours. I don’t want to make your head explode by revealing information you think is better for town to be kept secret, so you tell me when I should claim.

I have no idea, I'd prefer to see how the thread goes in the next 12 hours, since that's america's time and I'll be sleeping through most of it.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2021, 05:30:41 pm »

This does ring some medium level scumbells for me. "Can't get into the game" and "Glooble comes off scummier in the exchange" and blaming that discussion for her lack of posting all feel like someone with a weak investment in scumhunting.

vote: Didds. I would go back to e. Also would vote Galz or faust. Need to reread Glooble.

There was no lack of posting on my part. I was answering questions iguana asked and responding to Galz.  I was participating, I just wasn’t engaged. I don’t feel like I was moving the game forward because I felt like we were spinning. So, there may have been a little scumhunting, but that was my whole point. I was frustrated that I couldn’t find a way in. This current turn of events is frustrating to me, too, but it is least more productive because 4 people voting for me increases the likely good one of them is scum. Probably you or Glooble.

I believe in the Glooble/faust determination that Glooble comes off scummier. That is an assessment. That isn’t scummy. Nothing has happened since I made that assessment to change my mind. I continue to think Glooble is more scummy than faust.

I get feeling being extra suspicious because I’ve been scum recently, but if I sound like town, it’s because I am.

PPE 1

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2021, 05:31:11 pm »

I have no idea, I'd prefer to see how the thread goes in the next 12 hours, since that's america's time and I'll be sleeping through most of it.

I’m glad you’ve taken up the hobby of sleeping! It’s a good one!

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2021, 05:40:04 pm »

Is there more posting than usual? Or is it just that I'm busy working these days (instead of in front of a computer doing schoolwork) that means I'm having trouble keeping up?

I am reading. But when I see something I want to reply to, I want to read to the end of all current posts before posting, then find someone else says almost the exact things I was thinking.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2021, 05:59:12 pm »

I'm never useful day 1. I usually can't develop scumreads this early. I voted for pubby in the hopes of starting a pubby wagon not because I necessarily thought he was scum, but because I thought he might be scum and it might provide useful interactions. I also had a reason for thinking he was a teensy bit more likely to be scum than others who already had votes on them, and I wam not interested in sharing that reason atm.

Prior to you moving your vote to pubby for "reasons" he had the following posts:

1. "vote iguanaiguana"
2. "I don't think we are in kansas anymore"

what possible read could you get out of that?

Ok, now this? This is actually rolefishing.

no it isn't.
1. because it was not intended to be.
2. because if your reasons had anything to do with your role in a relevant sense at the heck all... you 100% would not say "this is role fishing".

Maybe it wasn't said trying to rolefish. But it was perceived as such. But I was actually wanting to poke a little more at the reasons too. I think I disagree that asking things that seem like rolefishing D1 is scummy.

If someone is making a claim "with reasons", but not wanting to give the reasons... they are either vanilla and trying to draw scum's roles (not applicable here in RMM, even lite), or they might actually be scum. Holding back reasons just makes us all focus on that, which scum want distractions like that. If we did actually ignore the lack of listed reasons, as is apparently intended, and don't "fish", (and if said person is actually a town PR), scum already knows that. The only thing being hidden is how scum might best target (RB, kill, whatever).

TL;DR: I don't think there's any town reason to make it seem like there are valid reasons for a vote, especially D1 and especially RMM...

Especially now that we know the reasons were mechanical, not even role-based (which it sounded like they might be).
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2021, 06:15:26 pm »

Regarding the Glooble, WCD, and Swowl votes, even though they are regulars, I don't really have reads on them (or EFHW) D1... they don't stand out to me much, one way or another. For those 4, I'm not seeing things that I interpret as scummy.

For the moment, I'll have to trust our IC and not vote Didds (don't get used to it, MiX!)

I'm getting a gut feel that faust is scum, and there's connections between him and both Awaclus and Glooble, so keep an eye, possibly on 2 or all 3 of those.

I'd rather vote faust or go back to e. But to keep another wagon going, for now, I'll
vote: Glooble
he/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2021, 06:16:19 pm »

Ok, I admit it.

I no longer have any idea why I said the word reasons.

That fact is, I wasn't thinking that much about it. Which is another thing that's townie, because as scum I consider my words a lot more carefully.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2021, 06:17:04 pm »

At what point do I claim, given that once my role is revealed we will need time to find an alternate wagon?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2021, 06:19:01 pm »

At what point do I claim, given that once my role is revealed we will need time to find an alternate wagon?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2021, 06:26:25 pm »

Glooble, if it’s not me and it’s not you (we’re both voting for each other), who is it?

(Or is it time that we legit think about the wisdom of not losing any of our power roles with what we all know is a stab in the dark?)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2021, 07:14:22 pm »

Glooble, if it’s not me and it’s not you (we’re both voting for each other), who is it?

(Or is it time that we legit think about the wisdom of not losing any of our power roles with what we all know is a stab in the dark?)

Swowl? faust? Or maybe someone lying low and letting town fight it out.

I'd take no exile over my exile certainly.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2021, 07:22:39 pm »

I also still think that post from Dylan that I pointed out and said was scummy was scummy.

He/ Him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2021, 08:13:49 pm »

Glooble is a really bad vote. I'm at work so kinda busy today. Yes I knew Didds, I maybe didn't play with her quite as much as the others
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2021, 08:48:51 pm »

This shouldn’t be a choice between Glooble and me. Good gravy, people. Quit doing the scum work for them.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2021, 08:49:07 pm »

Unvote

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2021, 08:53:34 pm »

Swowl? faust? Or maybe someone lying low and letting town fight it out.

I'd take no exile over my exile certainly.

Yet your vote is still on Didds, who is apparently a "bad vote" (town-read by our IC, if nothing else convinces you at least for D1, like some other people are also reading live iguana now too).

Follow this post up with a vote. IIRC, you have been connected to faust by various people, but you said you're willing to vote him. Here, I'll start.

vote: faust
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2021, 08:53:40 pm »

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2021, 10:05:25 pm »

This shouldn’t be a choice between Glooble and me.
Yeah it's awful. I would vote for both of you if I could  8)

Glooble is a really bad vote. I'm at work so kinda busy today. Yes I knew Didds, I maybe didn't play with her quite as much as the others
What makes him a really bad vote? This is d1. Our decisions can't be *that* informed.

You just hinted you have an important role, no? That's almost as bad as a full claim.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2021, 12:47:06 am »

Chiming back in on the reasons discussion, naked votes are much less helpful to town than votes with reasons. I know Awaclus disagrees, but how many times do his votes inspire follow up votes from other players? And why is his method so annoying to many of us? If you want the wagon to go through, you really do need to give reasons. faust tends to do naked votes for reactions, so maybe that was the case here. But scum would also do them to see what flies.
I don't do naked votes "for reactions". I usually vote for who I think is scum. If Awaclus inspires follow-up votes less often than others (which I am not even sure is the case), then that is not necessarily because he doesn't give reasons. I know of a couple of times where I voted without giving reasons and that inspired follow-up votes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2021, 12:48:25 am »

I will accept no exile before I vote for either Didds or Glooble.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2021, 12:50:56 am »

I'm getting a gut feel that faust is scum, and there's connections between him and both Awaclus and Glooble, so keep an eye, possibly on 2 or all 3 of those.
What is this vague conspiracy talk?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2021, 12:52:26 am »

This shouldn’t be a choice between Glooble and me. Good gravy, people. Quit doing the scum work for them.
It's reasonably likely that actual scum are doing some of that work.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2021, 01:20:14 am »

Hey faust - wanna share why you find my skummy yet?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2021, 01:23:06 am »

Hey faust - wanna share why you find my skummy yet?
I'm contemplating it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.