Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia  (Read 98116 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2021, 07:33:23 am »

I'm never useful day 1. I usually can't develop scumreads this early. I voted for pubby in the hopes of starting a pubby wagon not because I necessarily thought he was scum, but because I thought he might be scum and it might provide useful interactions. I also had a reason for thinking he was a teensy bit more likely to be scum than others who already had votes on them, and I wam not interested in sharing that reason atm.

After that I highlighted two posts that felt a little off to me in the hopes of spurring discussion. I honestly expected more people to agree with me about faust, but apparently this is an area where I differ from most of the players on this forum so that ended up leading no where. Other than that all I've done is try to defend myself.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2021, 07:34:44 am »

If I were scum, this is where I would be focusing on deflecting the conversation to someone else, but I'm, not doing that because, as I said, I don't have any strong scrumreads.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2021, 07:35:56 am »

If I were scum, this is where I would be focusing on deflecting the conversation to someone else, but I'm, not doing that because, as I said, I don't have any strong scrumreads.

Well, this is true, at least.

Do you have weak scumreads?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2021, 08:22:00 am »

Faust, though its just a gut feeling. Maybe Dylan. I will read the thread again this morning and see if I can see the Swowl logic.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 25, 2021, 08:44:27 am »

That was not the right interpretation. "Reasons?" is much more likely to mean "Reasons please?" which is asking for said reasons, not asking if they exist.

Also, what reasons do you have to want a Swowl wagon?

This

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2021, 09:31:34 am »

A pink bubble appears in the distance. As it fades away, there stands Glinda the Good Witch.

"Oh Munchkins" she says, "while you continue your investigation, I think our new friend Dorothy and her little dog should follow the Yellow Brick road to the Emerald City! There, the Wizard of Oz lives and he can answer all her questions, and also help her get home to Kansas!"

"Suits me" says Dorothy, and sets out on the yellow path.

"But first," says Glinda, "Why don't you take that dead lady's shoes for yourself? Look how shiny they are!"

"Ok," says Dorothy, and everyone pretends it makes sense.

Vote Count 1.3

Swowl (2): faust, Awaclus
Glooble (2): MiX, WestCoastDidds
2.71828.... (2): EFHW, Swowl
iguanaiguana (1): pubby
EFHW (1): 2.71828....
WestCoastDidds (1): Galzria
faust (1): Glooble
mathdude (1): iguanaiguana

Not voting (2): Dylan32, mathdude

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends at 7 pm on Thursday, forum time.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:45:39 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2021, 09:34:31 am »

Not voting (5): Dylan32, mathdude

[X] Doubt
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2021, 09:46:24 am »

[X] Doubt

Obviously there are three secret nonvoters, a new mechanic I'm very excited about debuting. /s
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2021, 10:05:38 am »

[X] Doubt

Obviously there are three secret nonvoters, a new mechanic I'm very excited about debuting. /s

Oh no, the cylons are back.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2021, 10:18:28 am »

[X] Doubt

Oh no, the cylons are back.

Th Tin Man was an early prototype.

He/ Him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2021, 12:31:38 pm »

Vote: WestCoastDidds

I want a wagon, so I sorta hate to not join one of the 2 people options... But, this is where my reads point me right now.

-snip-
Yeah…if I was scum I would ignore you completely. The risk of messing up is too great.

Possibly a scummy comment? Would scum!Didds really completely ignore Swowl? Probably not. To me "If I did it" type comments can be a weak scumtell.

-snip-
unless something really dramatic happens in the next three days, I will probably advocate for no exile because a good ‘ole Joth RMM is going to have night powers that are more interesting and important than what we’re doing D1.
-snip-

Advocating for D1 no exile is scummy IMO. Especially from someone who's been actively playing for threeish years. 

-snip-
 I’ve had a hard time getting into things in the last 24 hours because Glooble and faust essenatilly turned an off hand comment by e about massclaiming into a pretty deep tangent that mimic the kind of set-up talk that makes me glaze over. When I cast back, I think Glooble comes from scummier than faust in that exchange.

I will vote: Glooble for now

This is WCD's only so far comment of scumhunting. I actually think she mischaracterizes Glooble's position in that discussion. I couldn't describe Glooble's posts as going into a 'pretty deep tangent' although maybe faust does that along with some other people. So the fact that that's her basis for voting Glooble seems artificial. It also contradicts her previous stated desire to no exile.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2021, 12:37:01 pm »

Also... the timing of WCD's vote of Glooble. She votes him 1.5 hours after the IC!MiX posts for everyone in the thread to inspect Glooble. So... it feels like an easy time to jump in with a vote on Glooble with some confidence others could be following behind.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2021, 01:08:41 pm »

My perception of Awaclus this game is that his posts are generally more helpful than they usually seem to be. That is, they appear to be furthering a more visible agenda than normal (whereas he seems to normally play a less public game).

As he’s usually town this could indicate that he’s scum here - but I’m not yet willing to scum read him for play that I personally find more helpful.

I 100% agree with this
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2021, 01:09:33 pm »

It's not alignment indicative, it's just indicative of people not understanding Awaclus' playstyle.

When it comes to general theory/meta questions, Awaclus has always been forthcoming. It's just his reads that he plays close to his chest. A lot of people seem to lump it all together, assume Awaclus isn't willing to answer any questions, and then get surprised when he does. But nothing about his playstyle here is actually different.

And also with this

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 25, 2021, 01:31:03 pm »

What? These two posts are contradictory; you're not allowed to agree with both!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2021, 01:32:13 pm »

I'll get on the Didds wagon. It's a better case than any of the other ones I've seen.

vote: WestCoastDidds

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2021, 01:35:21 pm »

Vote: WestCoastDidds

I want a wagon, so I sorta hate to not join one of the 2 people options... But, this is where my reads point me right now.

-snip-
Yeah…if I was scum I would ignore you completely. The risk of messing up is too great.

Possibly a scummy comment? Would scum!Didds really completely ignore Swowl? Probably not. To me "If I did it" type comments can be a weak scumtell.

-snip-
unless something really dramatic happens in the next three days, I will probably advocate for no exile because a good ‘ole Joth RMM is going to have night powers that are more interesting and important than what we’re doing D1.
-snip-

Advocating for D1 no exile is scummy IMO. Especially from someone who's been actively playing for threeish years. 

-snip-
 I’ve had a hard time getting into things in the last 24 hours because Glooble and faust essenatilly turned an off hand comment by e about massclaiming into a pretty deep tangent that mimic the kind of set-up talk that makes me glaze over. When I cast back, I think Glooble comes from scummier than faust in that exchange.

I will vote: Glooble for now

This is WCD's only so far comment of scumhunting. I actually think she mischaracterizes Glooble's position in that discussion. I couldn't describe Glooble's posts as going into a 'pretty deep tangent' although maybe faust does that along with some other people. So the fact that that's her basis for voting Glooble seems artificial. It also contradicts her previous stated desire to no exile.

Your first point that "If I did" comments are scummy. I disagree. Swowl is one of the two people who read me best. Saying what I would do is based enirely on what I have done.  But that is also a belief thing and I won't say anything to change your mind... but you should also recognize it is a belief thing and not based in any evidence of my scum behavior.

Your second point is that no exile is scummy.  No, no it is not.  Shraye has fully coverted me on this although i am not as committed to the idea as he is. Town lost a whole bunch of games in the last year because we had too many misexiles. There is a whole MiX rant about it somewhere.  It is very bad for us when we misexile, especially in games when there may be a third party.  In a normal game, even a misexile is valuable because we learn something from the wagon and the flip. That is still true in an RMM, but less so because of the myriad roles and powers that go with them.  In my comment I said that this was the reason and I also said that I was not yet at the point of advocating no exile. So, you are misconstruing my intent.  But mostly I just think you are wrong if you are willing to suck up a misexile.

Third point.... I am not mischaracterizing Globble's position. How much he was responsible for the extended discussion of massclaiming, on teh other hand, is arguable and a difference in perception.  He does get some credit for recognizing that it needed to end, but it still sucked up most of yesterday. I was particularly frustrated by it, but that is just me.  I think the IC wants to see a Glooble wagon. There could be lots of reasons for that. I'm not going to ask.  Do I see a scenario where he is scum? Yes. Do I want to let MiX gather whatever intel he's looking to gather? Yes. That is not opportunistic. 

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2021, 01:40:32 pm »

Third point.... I am not mischaracterizing Globble's position. How much he was responsible for the extended discussion of massclaiming, on teh other hand, is arguable and a difference in perception.  He does get some credit for recognizing that it needed to end, but it still sucked up most of yesterday. I was particularly frustrated by it, but that is just me.
This is not a fair characterization. Glooble and I having a conversation does not prevent anyone from talking about other stuff. If nothing else got discussed on that day, that is on everyone, not just on Glooble and me.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2021, 01:41:12 pm »

Forum posting is asynchronous. Any number of people could have had any number of conversations about anything else while faust and I were having our tete-e-tete. We were not "sucking up" anything. Had we not had that conversation, there would simply have been fewer posts. There's no reason to think they would have been replaced with more substantive ones.

PPE: faust said exactly the same thing

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2021, 01:43:32 pm »

What? These two posts are contradictory; you're not allowed to agree with both!

I agree with Galzy that Awaclus seems more helpful than usual, and that i like it.

I agree with you that folks do not often understand Awa's playstyle and that he is often more helpful than we give him credit for, but because he keeps his reasons close to the vest it can get frustrating.

Finally, I agree with you and with Awa that his play has been like his (more helpful) recently.

I don't see those as contradictory. Awa can be enigmatic. That can be frustrating. But he has always answered questions about anything that aren't his reads (his favorite animals are spiders!) and he has been more forthcoming in recent years than in the past but its easy to keep the old perception that was a product of being frustrated.

PPE: 2

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2021, 01:47:07 pm »

Third point.... I am not mischaracterizing Globble's position. How much he was responsible for the extended discussion of massclaiming, on teh other hand, is arguable and a difference in perception.  He does get some credit for recognizing that it needed to end, but it still sucked up most of yesterday. I was particularly frustrated by it, but that is just me.
This is not a fair characterization. Glooble and I having a conversation does not prevent anyone from talking about other stuff. If nothing else got discussed on that day, that is on everyone, not just on Glooble and me.

Absolutely, and i don't mean to imply that it did. My original comment that iguana snipped was that I was having a hard time engaging yesterday because it felt to me that we were in set-up talk and that is hard to me to grok.

Apologies to you and Glooble if I sounded judgy. That wasn't my intent. I was trying to speak to wh I hadn't engaged with that discussion. I was obviously having a conversation with Glaz about Swowl's VLA and with iguana about Swowl during that time, so clearly it is possible for other people to talk.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 25, 2021, 01:49:59 pm »

Forum posting is asynchronous. Any number of people could have had any number of conversations about anything else while faust and I were having our tete-e-tete. We were not "sucking up" anything. Had we not had that conversation, there would simply have been fewer posts. There's no reason to think they would have been replaced with more substantive ones.

PPE: faust said exactly the same thing

Again, I apologize. I wasn't trying to say that you were responsible for stifling conversation. I was talking about my limitations.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2021, 01:57:56 pm »

I'm never useful day 1. I usually can't develop scumreads this early. I voted for pubby in the hopes of starting a pubby wagon not because I necessarily thought he was scum, but because I thought he might be scum and it might provide useful interactions. I also had a reason for thinking he was a teensy bit more likely to be scum than others who already had votes on them, and I wam not interested in sharing that reason atm.

Prior to you moving your vote to pubby for "reasons" he had the following posts:

1. "vote iguanaiguana"
2. "I don't think we are in kansas anymore"

what possible read could you get out of that?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2021, 02:00:42 pm »

Prior to you moving your vote to pubby for "reasons" he had the following posts:

1. "vote iguanaiguana"
2. "I don't think we are in kansas anymore"

what possible read could you get out of that?

Ok, now this? This is actually rolefishing.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #274 on: August 25, 2021, 02:01:42 pm »

The reasons were admittedly very flimsy, but its not pro-town to keep pushing me for them.

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.