Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Inheritance + Farmers's Market Bug  (Read 2088 times)

aawolf

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Inheritance + Farmers's Market Bug
« on: May 02, 2021, 12:44:59 am »

I just played a game in which I used Inheritance on Farmers' Market. I did not receive the 4 victory points when I played my estate with 4 victory points already on the Farmers' Market pile. I've studied the cards wording and wikipedia pages and can't see any reason this would be the case.

Is this a bug?

PS: this game also had throne room, and I was throne-rooming my estate when I failed to receive my victory points. I don't think this should matter, but felt like it was best to mention it.

kieranmillar

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: kieranmillar
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
Re: Inheritance + Farmers's Market Bug
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 01:51:56 am »
+1

You are right that nothing stops you from receiving the points when inheriting Farmer's Market, as it is not conditional on trashing the card.

However you are mistaken about you having played an Estate when the pile had 4 tokens on it. I found and loaded the game (id 73342850) and checked the log, and you never did that.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 10:10:56 am »
+1

Welcome! Note that this subforum is the feedback for this forum; it’s not tied to Dominion Online. We do have a Dominion Online subforum here, and there is also a completely separate forum for Dominion Online here: http://forum.shuffleit.nl/
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

aawolf

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 01:12:23 pm »

@kieranmillar first and foremost, whoa! you can view logs of games? mind pointing me in the direction of how to do that?

re: Farmer's Market: I'm not quite sure how that could be possible. The Farmers' Market pile collection most definitely "wrapped around" during the course of the game (sent back to zero and started accumulating again), and I was the only one who purchased inherited FM.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 01:43:29 pm by aawolf »

kieranmillar

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: kieranmillar
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 01:49:56 pm »

@kieranmillar first and foremost, whoa! you can view logs of games? mind pointing me in the direction of how to do that?
Sure. On the Dominion Discord you can PM DomBot with the command "!prior aawolf" to get your last played rated games, this got me the appropriate game id. Then on the online client, I went to the New Table tab, clicked Load Old Game, and put in the game id. Then I added a bot to represent your opponent, set the player order so I took over your moves, and loaded the game. This took me to the last decision of the game (just before you bought the final Province) with the whole game log loaded. It showed me as taking your turns and Lord Rattington as takingnyour opponents turns, but the log was otherwise correct.
re: Farmer's Market: I'm sorry I'm not quite sure how that could be possible. The Farmers' Market pile collection most definitely "wrapped around" during the course of the game (sent back to zero and started accumulating).
Farmers Market gives points every 5th play of a copy of the card. It was played 9 times in total throughout the game. Play #5 was played by your opponent so they had 4 victory tokens. But it wasnt played enough times to give a second set of points. On your final turn you played it the 8th and 9th time, giving you $3 and $4 on each of those plays, you needed to play another Farmers Market to score points.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.