Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tactician + Village Green  (Read 2136 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
Tactician + Village Green
« on: April 22, 2021, 12:20:41 am »
+3

It just occurred to me that Village Green makes Tactician potentially actually Throneable.  If you Throne a Tactician with a Village Green in hand, and use the VG's reaction for this turn, then you have a card in hand to discard for the second play of Tactician, and you'd start your next turn with +10 cards +2 Actions +2 Buys!  You could potentially even KC it, although it would only work if the card drawn by VG was another VG.  But if you could pull that off, then you'd have +15 Cards +3 Actions +3 Buys for your next turn
They/them

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1396
    • View Profile
Re: Tactician + Village Green
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 04:36:13 pm »
+1

This one's probably more well known but Way of The Mole + VG works for +6 cards, just Mole anything and then Mole the first VG (but not any other) you discard
My opponent has more loot than me

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 02:50:41 pm »

This one's probably more well known but Way of The Mole + VG works for +6 cards, just Mole anything and then Mole the first VG (but not any other) you discard
how does this get you six cards?  i am confused.  Wouldn't you just get +1 additional card if you discarded a moled vg?
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 05:09:44 pm »
+1

how does this get you six cards?  i am confused.  Wouldn't you just get +1 additional card if you discarded a moled vg?

You discard your entire hand.  That includes a VG.  You play the VG for way of the Mole, get +3 cards.  Then, you get the +3 cards for the first Mole
They/them

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +214
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 06:33:59 pm »
+1

You discard your entire hand.  That includes a VG.  You play the VG for way of the Mole, get +3 cards.  Then, you get the +3 cards for the first Mole

Oh, interesting, I didn't realize this would work like that, but I just tested it online and it does. Am I right that the sequence goes like this:

1. Play something as Way of the Mole.
2. +1 Action, Discard your hand.
3. Village Green gets discarded and gets played before the "+3 cards" of the previous Mole.
4. Choose to play Village Green as Way of the Mole.
5. +1 Action, Discard your hand (0 cards). +3 cards.
6. Draw the +3 cards from the remainder of the Way of the Mole in step 2. You now have 6 cards.

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 07:10:21 pm »

Oh, interesting, I didn't realize this would work like that, but I just tested it online and it does. Am I right that the sequence goes like this:

1. Play something as Way of the Mole.
2. +1 Action, Discard your hand.
3. Village Green gets discarded and gets played before the "+3 cards" of the previous Mole.
4. Choose to play Village Green as Way of the Mole.
5. +1 Action, Discard your hand (0 cards). +3 cards.
6. Draw the +3 cards from the remainder of the Way of the Mole in step 2. You now have 6 cards.

Exactly.  If a reaction is triggered partway through resolving a card, then you resolve the reaction before continuing on with the rest of the card.  So, in this case, any reactions to being discarded come before the +3 Cards.  The same would apply if you discarded a Tunnel, which could be relevant if the +3 Cards caused you to reshuffle
They/them

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 08:35:00 pm »

wow.  I just assumed if you moled the second card after the VG that it would toss the 1st three cards. 

Just tried this out.  def works.  thanks for the tip.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.