Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: New Dawn (a fan expansion)  (Read 4641 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: New Dawn (a fan expansion)
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 03:01:09 pm »

I don't understand the point of Empty Village in a universe in which Hamlet exists.

That's a fair point - obviously I'd choose Hamlet over Empty Village if they were both in the same Kingdom.  The design space for villages is narrowing as more expansions get released!  In this expansion, I would like to have one "larger" village (the Full Village), and some "smaller" village (which I've currently titled Empty Village), so I'll take a look at it, and see if I can come up with something that's a little different.  Or maybe it could just cost $1 instead of $2 (at which point, it's the Hamlet, with a forced discard for +Action, without the option for discard-for-Buy).
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: New Dawn (a fan expansion)
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 03:16:27 pm »

New Dawn

New Dawn
is a fan expansion in a testing phase.  It is a large expansion, with 500 cards, including 40 sets of new Kingdom Cards.  It introduces Dawn cards which are played before your Action phase, reintroduces Split piles and Traveller cards, and contains a new subgroup of Artifacts.

Flavour Text

After more battles than you can count, you are weary and worn out.  You are ready to come home and rest.  But as you embark on your long journey home, you hear rumours of rare gifts that have been found in the areas you travel.  You have to get some - they will show your continued dominance in the land!  You go out early each morning but there is fierce competition to find the valuable items.  And even when they are found, they are not easy to keep in your possession.

As you get closer to home, some things seem familiar.  But you've been gone so long, some things look very new.  Are there more mines than before?  Are some places deserted?  Is that a new village?  It seems that a new dawn is about to begin.  Will you return with one more victory? Or will you be defeated?

Additional Rules:

• New Dawn adds Dawn cards and the Dawn phase. In games using Dawn cards, the Dawn phase happens between any “Start of turn” effects and your Action phase - it goes, Start of turn, Dawn, Action, Buy, Night (if also using Night cards), Clean-up. In your Dawn phase, you can play any number of Dawn cards.
  • “Start of turn” effects can include playing a card (Captain), giving you coins for this turn (Raider), gaining a card (Cobbler), and many other effects.  When you are instructed to play a card in this phase of a certain Type (e.g. an Action card with Captain, or a Gold card with Reap), it is temporarily considered to be the phase when that Type of card would normally be played, for the purposes of resolving any effects which depend on a particular Phase.
(in addition to all "Official Rules" about Artifacts from Dominion: Renaissance)
  • If only Kingdom cards from New Dawn are being used this game, the Artifact-Gems and Gem Store are all used. If a mix of Kingdom cards from New Dawn and other sets is being used, then the use of Artifact-Gems and Gem Store should be determined randomly, based on the proportion of New Dawn cards in use. For example, choose a random Kingdom card being used - such as the last card dealt from the Randomizer deck - and if it is from New Dawn, use all Artifact-Gems and Gem Store. Do not use the same card to choose whether or not to use Shelters as you use to choose whether or not to use Platinum and Colony (from Prosperity) or Shelters (from Dark Ages).
  • If Gemologist is one of the Kingdom cards, all Artifact-Gems and Gem Store are included in the game, even if they were not selected randomly as described above.
  • Additionally, individual Artifact-Gems are included in a game if a specific Kingdom Card requires it (e.g. if Emerald Miner is in the game, the Emerald Artifact-Gem is also available), but this does not trigger the addition of the Gem Store or other Artifact-Gems.

Kingdom Cards

Traveller upgrades

Homage progression

Borrowed Money progression

Artifacts

(communal mat)

he/him
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.