Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Dominion Best-of Fancards  (Read 2330 times)

Shael

• Bishop
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
A Dominion Best-of Fancards
« on: March 28, 2021, 01:07:18 pm »
+1

Hi, I try to make a « best-of » of fan card.
This set intend to gather all the cards that have amazed you for their originality, their elegance and their interesting exploitations of the game's principes.

This is where you could be very helpful.

You can put here some cards from others or even your own card if you like them and if they fit to the precedent description. There isn’t any obligation to have tested the cards you send here.

If the mechanics seem really interesting don’t hesitate, it would be a shame if people here miss it, even if the card isn't 100% fair, balanced or finish (in this case it will be rework and probably share on the #variant on discord). You can also send me some of them if you have any doubt on Discord (Shael#5891).

Thank you so much for your future participation on this project!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 02:21:14 pm by Shael »
¤ Post here your favorite fan-cards ¤ The Archive ¤ Witchcraft, a Potion & Exile themed Expansion ¤ Not so Soon ¤                                          

Shael

• Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: A Dominion Best-of Fancards
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 01:08:05 pm »

This is the list of the cards that are already in the set:
Events

Projects

Victory

Night

Actions
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:37:50 am by Shael »
¤ Post here your favorite fan-cards ¤ The Archive ¤ Witchcraft, a Potion & Exile themed Expansion ¤ Not so Soon ¤                                          

Shael

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 01:08:16 pm »

Precisions (so this is basicaly the borring part that you can skip without too much future missunderstanding):

If any card is yours and you aren’t credited for it, it’s because I haven’t find you when I’ve searched the card’s creator. In this case you can notice me here or on discord.

If you want to add your own card; be sure to sign it if you want to be credited

This is also where I'll post the rules:
Rules
-Rules can change and be added over time (Especially when, as an incompetent, I've forgotten to tell it)
-Rules can have their exeption (but don't count on it)
-Don't credit yourself for a card you haven't create (it's frustrating for the autor)
-It's adviced to avoid mecanic that aren't already in the game (because we can't list all of them)
-A card that follow all the Rules and the conditon have to be put on the list. (this one is for me; it prevents me to be unfair)

More will be added here in the future in order to answer common questions
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 09:18:20 am by Shael »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 01:37:33 pm »
+1

Here are some of my favorites:

faust:

LastFootnote:

grep:

scott_pilgrim:

Although the lack of an image might be disqualifying.

I'm not sure how much help this really is, though, since tastes can be very different.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 01:41:21 pm »
+1

There's also X-tra's list from the WDC

... and what do you know, we agree about Countryside and X-tra added an image:

Shael

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 01:43:13 pm »

I'm not sure how much help this really is, though, since tastes can be very different.
I hope that elegance and fairness of each card will be enought to sort the propositions

Also, I must admit that I hesitate to put "Terrace" here since trade tokens isn't an in-game mecanic
I think the card could potentialy use the Journey token in order to fix the issue (the difference is that Journey token isn't "stackable")
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 02:00:43 pm by Shael »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 03:12:48 pm »
+1

Yeah, that's fair. Trade tokens was the new mechanic from LF's set.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 03:35:47 pm »
+1

Is Lunar Ritual basically a more expensive version of Toil? I guess if you have more than 2 Actions you want to play you'd rather have Lunar Ritual, but.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 04:02:30 pm by AJD »

Shael

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 04:22:07 pm »

Is Lunar Ritual basically a more expensive version of Toil? I guess if you have more than 2 Actions you want to play you'd rather have Lunar Ritual, but.
Yup; Lunar Ritual is a Toil that isn't a Toil... :P
Seriously, the little differences make the card interesting, you can have a verry wierd deck with Lunar Ritual and not with toil.
I'm also surprise that I'm not the only one to put it here.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 06:37:23 am by Shael »

Shael

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 12:23:55 pm »

I've checked the X-Tra's list and it's verry nice.
Even if the objective of these two list is the same, I think they are still different mainly because this one will take he submition of other people but also because I don't want to be limited to the result of one forum in particular.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 06:27:38 am by Shael »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 03:59:34 pm »

I feel like Terrace was kind of eclipsed by Hunting Lodge. There are still interesting things to do with Trade tokens, but if I were updating the set today, Terrace probably wouldn't make it.

Donald X. did try Floodgate for a game or two, either for a promo or a slot in a set, but it didn't make the cut.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 07:09:58 pm »
+1

I feel like Terrace was kind of eclipsed by Hunting Lodge. There are still interesting things to do with Trade tokens, but if I were updating the set today, Terrace probably wouldn't make it.

Donald X. did try Floodgate for a game or two, either for a promo or a slot in a set, but it didn't make the cut.
I have actually replaced my copy of Hunting lodge with Terrace. I think Terrace handles the effect better. Hunting Lodge is weak for $5 since you usually just want to use the effect 2 or 3 times in a game.

@Shael, I have a list of my favorite fan cards made by other people too. The link is in my sig. It only has cards that I've tested for at least a few games. There's are a lot more fan cards that I like, but haven't got a chance to test yet.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.