Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gatekeeper  (Read 920 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
Gatekeeper
« on: March 20, 2021, 08:50:09 pm »
+1

Why is Gatekeeper Action - Duration - Attack and not Action - Attack - Duration like the previous four (Bridge Troll, Enchantress, Haunted Woods, Swamp Hag) with that combination?
They/them

dz

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: DZ
  • Respect: +342
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 09:44:00 pm »
+3

Why is Gatekeeper Action - Duration - Attack and not Action - Attack - Duration like the previous four (Bridge Troll, Enchantress, Haunted Woods, Swamp Hag) with that combination?

Basically, Donald X. has decided that types should be listed in order of importance. Action is obviously the most important, because it tells you when you can play the card. Duration is the next, because it tells you that you may need to keep the card in play. Attack is only relevant for cards like Squire and Moat, and doesn't mean much otherwise.

is there a "standard type order" for cards? or is it kinda whichever parts are more important are listed first?
I'm just thinking specifically Enchantress and Gatekeeper have the same set of types but are in different order.

Is there a specific reason or formula for the order types are written on cards?
The vague idea is to put the ones that determine when you can play the card first, and after that have the ones that don't mean as much. I may have been inconsistent somewhere.

I noticed that Gatekeeper has its types listed as Action - Duration - Attack, even though all the other Duration Attacks have Attack come first. Was this a mistake?
I think you mean Raider; Raider has Duration in front of Attacks, all other Duration Attacks have Attack first. Well I have news for you. There's a new set, and a card in it called Gatekeeper also does that.

It's just me thinking, what order should these be in, oh Duration should be ahead of Attack, and doing that. If I remember I'll change it in Adventures when the time comes.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.