Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]  All

Author Topic: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - GAME OVER PERFECT SCUM WIN  (Read 107300 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - DAY FOUR
« Reply #1100 on: May 04, 2021, 10:56:29 am »

Anyway, thank you all for playing my goofy dwarf game with me. I had fun and I hope you did too.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1101 on: May 04, 2021, 11:28:57 am »

Anyway, thank you all for playing my goofy dwarf game with me. I had fun and I hope you did too.

Thanks for organizing it! I had fun at least, and my role was cool.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 04, 2021, 11:56:26 am »

So much more of this game was happening in the qts than the thread. It was crazy pants!

I love QTs and QT-heavy games but I always forget that this happens and I should really try to mitigate it.

I LOVED it!!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 04, 2021, 12:06:23 pm »

It was super fun, Joth! I love a QT and I had so many! I got to know math and Scola better, and I already love Swowl and Galzy!

Thank you!!!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 04, 2021, 01:19:00 pm »

It was so frustrating. But fun frustrating! :)  I'm glad I read mathdude correctly, and I did suspect Didds earlier, but the whole fortress thing got me all messed up. I need to learn to trust my reads more, I think.

I really liked the idea of picking a theme, letting players choose their characters, then devising roles based on that. If I ever host a game, I think that will be my plan.

The fortress was able to take damage in a number of ways. It would automatically get weaker the taller it got, it would take damage from attacks, and it would take one. damage when Brightgalrs died. It had four hit points.

Scum being in the fortress did not weaken it, though, it just made it ineffective AGAINST SCUM. So unfortunately, it only ended up working against the town vig.

Argh, I was close in how I thought this worked - that scum inside would basically let other scum enter (I think it would have been cool though for example if it were sleepy inside then it wouldn't work that way because they fell asleep before they could let a partner in!). But I somehow forgot to consider the fact that swowl was a vig and not scum, so that was why it protected. Who knows, I might've gotten there if I had not gotten exiled. I guess that would only have happened if swowl and I had voted for Didds or Galz, though.

Question on damage when brightgairs died - should have the description in the fortress changed from "a tad wobbly" to something like just "wobbly" (and then I assume next would be "very wobbly" for the last HP). I don't think it would have made a difference to the final outcome.

I think it's fair to add math to the scola basket of "kill these people or they will never be noticed until they win as scum".

I do not like this basket.

It was super fun, Joth! I love a QT and I had so many! I got to know math and Scola better, and I already love Swowl and Galzy!

Thank you!!!

Yes, this seemed like a dream set up for you! :)

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 04, 2021, 03:05:37 pm »

bahahah I got punked lol. I think I did more harm to Town then skum did lol

That was fun though - thanks Joth!

GGs everyone!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 04, 2021, 03:25:31 pm »

I think it's fair to add math to the scola basket of "kill these people or they will never be noticed until they win as scum".

I do not like this basket.

That is so your basket. Maybe you could decorate to make it more to your liking? Midcentury modern? How are you at crafting?

Thank you!!!

Yes, this seemed like a dream set up for you! :)

It was!!  I really like learning about people and what brought them to our game and what they are doing and how was their weekend and do they like cake and all of the things like that which muddy the thread and make me look scummy, but are actually way more interesting to me than most of the game play. It doesn't bother people as much in the qt! And this time I got to talk to LOTS of people!!

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - GAME OVER PERFECT SCUM WIN
« Reply #1107 on: May 04, 2021, 04:47:15 pm »

Thanks Joth, my favourite mafia experience so far!

Frustratingly I could (should) have hammered Didds day 3 - I was the one with the extra vote (once per day).

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 04, 2021, 04:50:58 pm »

My eyesight may not be the best, but my reads were spot on!

There were lots of good reads this game, actually. It took quite a bit of effort to make sure they didn’t coalesce! You, Awaclus, fang and Scola (for the most part) we’re all often spot on.
And pubby. So many!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 04, 2021, 04:56:45 pm »

My eyesight may not be the best, but my reads were spot on!

There were lots of good reads this game, actually. It took quite a bit of effort to make sure they didn’t coalesce! You, Awaclus, fang and Scola (for the most part) we’re all often spot on.
And pubby. So many!

I'm sad we never got a parade.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: May 04, 2021, 04:58:18 pm »

Actually, question for you joth - one of my role powers was investigative results on me would have returned Bad Dwarf. But when I read through the roles, I didn't see any such investigative powers - did I miss something?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 04, 2021, 06:06:58 pm »

Actually, question for you joth - one of my role powers was investigative results on me would have returned Bad Dwarf. But when I read through the roles, I didn't see any such investigative powers - did I miss something?

Well, there might have been. If EFHW had picked the right spell. Or possibly one of pubby's parade options.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 05, 2021, 11:08:21 pm »

I'm happy I read Didds correctly! I'm sad I read math incorrectly. Oh well, I do know Didds more than math.

This is not cool. But I'll take it as a compliment for the way I played. I'll admit I got a little sloppy the final day here, mostly intentionally, but otherwise I was happy how things played out.

This is the reason I don't usually play in person with people anymore - I always got exiled D1 because I was too dangerous after that. Instead, I just narrate and host in person games.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 05, 2021, 11:13:09 pm »

bahahah I got punked lol. I think I did more harm to Town then skum did lol

That was fun though - thanks Joth!

GGs everyone!

It was hard to tell whether you were following Didds and me, or if we were following you in our favour some of the time. The sword to you by Galz was very intentional though, so we could help influence who you killed. I felt very safe helping point you some nights since you town-read me so much. Sorry!
he/him
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]  All

Page created in 1.68 seconds with 19 queries.