Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Trader with Black Market  (Read 1263 times)

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
  • Respect: +640
    • View Profile
New Trader with Black Market
« on: March 15, 2021, 04:25:02 pm »
+2

I've had a look and can't see this clarified anywhere so...

With the new (2020) Trader wording, what happens if you buy a card from the Black Market, gain it and reveal Trader from your hand?

Presumably Trader does nothing here? You gain the card you bought from the Black Market, and can't exchange it for a Silver because it has no pile to go back to?

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1351
    • View Profile
Re: New Trader with Black Market
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 04:50:22 pm »
+2

With the new (2020) Trader wording, what happens if you buy a card from the Black Market, gain it and reveal Trader from your hand?

Presumably Trader does nothing here? You gain the card you bought from the Black Market, and can't exchange it for a Silver because it has no pile to go back to?

Exchanging only works if there's a pile to return the original card to, so I think you're right.  Nothing would happen
They/them

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 05:27:05 pm »
+4

Exchanging only works if there's a pile to return the original card to, so I think you're right.  Nothing would happen
And the same would be true if you revealed a Trader when gaining a Shelter, Heirloom or Zombie.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 09:04:21 am »
+2

This is also in my rules document:

Trader
2020 errata (points 4–8 ):
7. You may exchange a non-Kingdom card, as long as it belongs to a pile. You may not exchange cards that don’t belong to a pile, such as Heirlooms, Shelters or Zombies, or cards from the Black Market deck.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +466
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 04:49:44 pm »

And the same would be true if you revealed a Trader when gaining a Shelter, Heirloom or Zombie.
As an aside, is there actually any way to gain a Shelter other than Necropolis?
Necropolis and the Zombies can be gained from the trash by Lurker (Zombies also by Graverobber and Rogue), and the Heirlooms by Treasurer and Thief.

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1351
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 08:07:21 pm »
+1

As an aside, is there actually any way to gain a Shelter other than Necropolis?
Necropolis and the Zombies can be gained from the trash by Lurker (Zombies also by Graverobber and Rogue), and the Heirlooms by Treasurer and Thief.

Necropolis is the only Shelter that can be gained at present

Cursed Gold and Lucky Coin can also be gained from the trash by Graverobber and Rogue
They/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.