Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 199299 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Postgame)
« Reply #1800 on: April 28, 2021, 08:07:50 am »

MiX,  how much was your personal goal affecting your play?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 28, 2021, 08:08:55 am »

If ADK hadn't self voted, we might still have exiled Jack or Dylan. Guess that's why ash is saying exile all 3rd parties.

ADK can't self-hammer if you don't vote for them. That's why I didn't want to vote for them lol.

Besides, scum can hammer too.

What needed to happen was a quickhammer on scum by town. Unfortunately, that feat is basically impossible, and was never going to happen with how fragmented town was.
You were certain ADK was playing for town, but they weren't.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: April 28, 2021, 08:10:02 am »

Too much, but I also grouped in the fact that I got passive information that was probably going to scale in usefulness, so I was valuing my life very highly. I also had the information that ADK claimed third-party, which I felt was important for town to have.

If ADK hadn't self voted, we might still have exiled Jack or Dylan. Guess that's why ash is saying exile all 3rd parties.

ADK can't self-hammer if you don't vote for them. That's why I didn't want to vote for them lol.

What needed to happen was a quickhammer on scum by town. Unfortunately, that feat is basically impossible, and was never going to happen with how fragmented town was.

They could've just voted for me last day if they wanted to play for scum. Maybe their true win condition didn't allow for that, but what they claimed to me did. The fact they still voted Dylan showed their loyalty.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 28, 2021, 08:30:04 am »

Well, I want to see what happens when someone dies, so I'll be killing Callandra Henderson (Robz's character) if no one objects to it in 2 IRL days.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 28, 2021, 09:02:28 am »

Okay, does anyone want to shed light on what happened to me D1, that I didn't even make it to the vote?  I'm guessing some sort of random outcome, based on a day-target ability, and I got really unlucky?

Anyone?
he/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 28, 2021, 09:39:55 am »

Too much, but I also grouped in the fact that I got passive information that was probably going to scale in usefulness, so I was valuing my life very highly. I also had the information that ADK claimed third-party, which I felt was important for town to have.

They could've just voted for me last day if they wanted to play for scum. Maybe their true win condition didn't allow for that, but what they claimed to me did. The fact they still voted Dylan showed their loyalty.

Well I probably would have hammered you if you gotten to X-1

I was genuinely playing for town pretty much until Robz flipped town, at that point I was assuming that I was going to have to try and win with scum
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 28, 2021, 10:11:28 am »

Yes, and I would've hammered you if we were both at X-1 too. That doesn't mean you didn't go "hey btw mix is double hated so just vote for him and win". It seemed that, between a win and a win, you were favouring town. And that's exactly what town needed from you.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 28, 2021, 10:47:39 am »

Yes, and I would've hammered you if we were both at X-1 too. That doesn't mean you didn't go "hey btw mix is double hated so just vote for him and win". It seemed that, between a win and a win, you were favouring town. And that's exactly what town needed from you.

Well I didn't know for sure you were double-hated since I don't think you ever told me explicitly that your abilities counted as actions
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 28, 2021, 11:57:20 am »

Okay, does anyone want to shed light on what happened to me D1, that I didn't even make it to the vote?  I'm guessing some sort of random outcome, based on a day-target ability, and I got really unlucky?

Anyone?

I'm not sure if this mechanic will be in future seasons or not so I don't want to say much about what happened, but you being president had a lot to do with it.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 28, 2021, 12:14:31 pm »

Anyone?

I'm not sure if this mechanic will be in future seasons or not so I don't want to say much about what happened, but you being president had a lot to do with it.
So an assassination.... or at least an attempted one that ended up being successful.
he/him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 28, 2021, 12:53:44 pm »

I mean, congrats mafia, I guess.

Although, and no offense meant, but town lost this game way more than mafia won it.  And I'm accepting any blame that is to go around, as I assume I took the loss as town here since I wasn't listed in the winning players list.

@Mafia team: why didn't you recruit me?  I thought I was pretty clearly signaling to you.

Wait, what were you that you could be recruited if not a straight up traitor?  We were not actually aware of the potential for anyone to be recruited by way of NK. The only person that we knew had the chance to join us was Awaclus.  But with you, I did actually note in the scum QT the last night (assuming I was going to be the next exile) to watch out for you going forwards, because you might very well be 3rd party because you didn't read like normal town to me, so if the game had gone longer maybe you would have been.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: April 28, 2021, 01:52:14 pm »

@scola -- I don't know how you could have recruited me; I assumed the team knew.

@ADK -- you can switch characters and then not worry about the legacy stuff.
So what was all the "you have to exile me now" stuff about?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 28, 2021, 02:09:16 pm »

@scola -- I don't know how you could have recruited me; I assumed the team knew.

Well, with hindsight, he was town-aligned, but knew that if he was recruited he would join us, and begging to be exiled as town was a very clear way of signaling that we should recruit him. Obviously, we kind of overlooked that very obvious possibility lol.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 29, 2021, 04:30:02 am »

It is time for the official vote! All players may vote for a modification by posting Vote: [Option]. Those who won the game may also post Runner-up. [Option]. The deadline for votes is May 04, 2021, 04:00:00 am.

When we reach the deadline, or when everyone placed a vote (whichever happens first), the modification that received the most votes will be done. Then, the modification that received the most votes from winners will be done. If any winner voted for the modification already done by everyone, then their runner-up vote will be considered instead.

The deadline for the Presidential Execution is the same, as is the deadline for switching characters. I would like for everyone to post in their personal QT to confirm they are willing to continue to the second season, or let me know if that is not the case.

Modification Vote Count 0

Not Voting (14): Jack Rudd, SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, MiX, EFHW, scolapasta, LaLight, Dylan32, A Drowned Kernel, Swowl, Robz888, ashersky, Awaclus, mathdude
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 29, 2021, 05:28:05 am »

Well, with hindsight, he was town-aligned, but knew that if he was recruited he would join us, and begging to be exiled as town was a very clear way of signaling that we should recruit him. Obviously, we kind of overlooked that very obvious possibility lol.

I was town, I figured I was going to be mafia, thought it was in town's best interest to exile me.  Basically the same as how we should have exiled ADK as 3rd party.

Mafia never recruited me, so it didn't matter in the end.

I was not a traitor, as I was not cylon-aligned from the beginning.  Considering my character and the Cylon test result (later explained to be falsified by mafia!MiX), plus Awaclus's confirmation of alignment-switching, I was guessing that the mafia team could recruit me.  I did not have mod confirmation of that fact.

Also, if the Cylon test was at least in part town controlled, town should have said something.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: April 29, 2021, 05:28:37 am »

vote: day 1 plurality exile
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: April 29, 2021, 05:31:17 am »

vote: Add a card "Course for Kobol" into the deck
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: April 29, 2021, 06:16:45 am »

I was town, I figured I was going to be mafia, thought it was in town's best interest to exile me.  Basically the same as how we should have exiled ADK as 3rd party.

Mafia never recruited me, so it didn't matter in the end.

I was not a traitor, as I was not cylon-aligned from the beginning.  Considering my character and the Cylon test result (later explained to be falsified by mafia!MiX), plus Awaclus's confirmation of alignment-switching, I was guessing that the mafia team could recruit me.  I did not have mod confirmation of that fact.

Also, if the Cylon test was at least in part town controlled, town should have said something.

I was telling you not to trust the cylon result over and over, maybe I should've just claimed the power publicly.

Although it is possible you could be recruited (as I don't know your entire claim, maybe your other power alludes to that more), I don't think anyone ended up knowing if that was the case. Which is...interesting. Given every other town player died but us, there's a real chance you were a hidden traitor, despite how bastard-y that may look.

There's so many unknown things about this setup. I love and hate that.

vote: Add a card "Course for Kobol" into the deck

Vote: Add Course for Kobol

Self-preservation (because I don't want both modifications to hurt the president :P )

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 29, 2021, 06:27:41 am »

I am almost 99% sure that ash wasn't a hidden traitor. Hidden traitor can not exist in a non-bastard game and if he would have a chance to switch alignments, he would be told this might've happened. I might try asking faust

faust, is it possible to switch alignments in this game in a way that is not known to a player before the start of the game?

for instance, can there be a situation in which I have a town pm and then, say, on N3 it says "you are now in a scum team, here's your QT"?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 29, 2021, 06:31:43 am »

I am almost 99% sure that ash wasn't a hidden traitor. Hidden traitor can not exist in a non-bastard game and if he would have a chance to switch alignments, he would be told this might've happened. I might try asking faust

faust, is it possible to switch alignments in this game in a way that is not known to a player before the start of the game?

for instance, can there be a situation in which I have a town pm and then, say, on N3 it says "you are now in a scum team, here's your QT"?

Yes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: April 29, 2021, 06:34:51 am »

This seems to be in line with what Awaclus claimed, and he flipped town, so there's no reason to believe he was lying.

It's like we're still playing the game! Except scum don't lie, they just don't tell the truth now.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 29, 2021, 06:39:14 am »

It's like we're still playing the game! Except scum don't lie, they just don't tell the truth now.

that is actually cool

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 29, 2021, 06:39:33 am »

Yes.

that's.. weird to be honest.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1823 on: April 29, 2021, 10:01:19 am »

Vote: Day 1 plurality exile
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 29, 2021, 10:58:29 am »

Vote: Separate Military from Government

Runner-up: Course for Kobol
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 76  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.