Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 197805 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Postgame)
« Reply #1775 on: April 27, 2021, 11:13:21 am »

I wouldn't mind getting rid of civilian jurisdiction :P

I'd get rid of Isolate a Colonial One :P
I meant to rebalance that card, so it will likely change. But the basic functionality will of course still be there.

Nooooo, my spam!

Can you say what you're thinking about it?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 27, 2021, 11:14:19 am »

Will scum QT be made public or kept private until alter?
Will individual QTs be made public or kept private until alter?
No QTs will be made public until the last game has concluded, other than the spectator QTs. Individual QTs will probably persist over the course of the campaign.

Is there a deadline for this vote of game change? I don't have a lot of time today.
I'll give it a week or so. We're not in a hurry.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 27, 2021, 11:15:23 am »

I meant to rebalance that card, so it will likely change. But the basic functionality will of course still be there.

Nooooo, my spam!

make it a bit less attractive to choose for the President... probably either by making them voteless for the Day or by shutting down the Colonial One QT.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 27, 2021, 11:16:52 am »

Nooooo, my spam!

make it a bit less attractive to choose for the President... probably either by making them voteless for the Day or by shutting down the Colonial One QT.

As someone that wanted to pick it every time, I would suggest voteless: closing the QT doesn't really hurt, given you have 72 hours before picking an order anyway. And it makes sense to just ignore the day completely if you can also ignore the night.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 27, 2021, 01:30:09 pm »

Okay, does anyone want to shed light on what happened to me D1, that I didn't even make it to the vote?  I'm guessing some sort of random outcome, based on a day-target ability, and I got really unlucky?

As for game modifications available, my biased opinion says Separate military from government since my presidency got me nowhere useful, nor did my QT.  Putting a little control over a president seems helpful.  I may also be interested in Term limits or the new EO card Course for Kobol even though I have no idea what that would do.  I'm also likely going to switch characters, unless someone can give me a good reason to stick with the one I had.
he/him

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 27, 2021, 01:36:47 pm »

I like the idea of separate military from government.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 27, 2021, 01:37:36 pm »

Okay, does anyone want to shed light on what happened to me D1, that I didn't even make it to the vote?  I'm guessing some sort of random outcome, based on a day-target ability, and I got really unlucky?

As for game modifications available, my biased opinion says Separate military from government since my presidency got me nowhere useful, nor did my QT.  Putting a little control over a president seems helpful.  I may also be interested in Term limits or the new EO card Course for Kobol even though I have no idea what that would do.  I'm also likely going to switch characters, unless someone can give me a good reason to stick with the one I had.

I can vouch for the presidency being extremely useful...to get everyone against me :D Still, having a QT was overall helpful.

I was thinking of making you VP (in case I die early), and then use whatever new power people will vote for that makes me lose presidency to give it to you (in case I don't die early).

I'm assuming talking about these things is fine, right? In terms of starting powers, it seems I'm the only person that (is publicly known to) starts with something.

Oh, while we're talking about presidential powers, is everyone okay with me killing Robz's character? I want to blame them (the character) for the misexile (also it's fun for flavor since I pushed Robz), and I don't think Robz's keeping it.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 27, 2021, 01:42:50 pm »

I get where you're coming from here, but there's something I've mentioned before that's relevant: I don't have to be alive in order to win, so scum can't make me collaborate just by threatening to kill me

Sorry, one more, didn't post my response to this -- clearly a survivor would be expected to lie about this, no?  I mean, that's "how to survive as a survivor" 101.

Channeling my inner LaLight (RIP), this is an AMAZING point.

Is there any kind of double or team survivor role? (i.e. could they both be survivors?)

scola, what did you mean here about channeling inner LaLight? :)

Oh, just by saying "this is an AMAZING point." I feel like you often (and correctly) remark on things like this and the exuberance always makes me smile. :)

That was fun. Not the best outcome for me, I lost out on some legacy points, but it was interesting to play such an odd win condition

For legacy reasons, l'll keep it a mystery

Keep what a mystery?  The rule changes?  I'm fairly sure those would have to be public.

I was talking about mix's question about my legacy points

So just to understand, you were not actually a Survivor? But you haven't (and won't) reveal what it was?

@Mafia team: why didn't you recruit me?  I thought I was pretty clearly signaling to you.

I *knew* there had to be another why to get a partner! How could we have recruited you, by target you? I think generally, you're anti-MiX ness was just to valuable to risk. I mean, I was sure Dylan was going to get brigged that last day until you posted.

Jack did well to use newbie status to survive.  I would definitely have coached him to do the same.  That was just smart play.

Yes. This. I want to see town!Jack so much right now.

Same here. :)

scolapasta

Man, now I'm even more frustrated with how D2 played out.

I'm still not sure how I survived after this played out. Are you willing to say now why you were so sure I was scum? Did you have an actual result on me?

How come ADK got exiled with only 3 votes, when it took 5 to exile?

They were double-hated: once from blocking the Viper QT, and another for redirecting from me.

I knew this, and I was also double-hated (cylon tester and pick VP) which is why I was in a hurry. Saying it publicly meant scum could quickhammer.

Darn - how did I not realize you were double hated?? I knew you had to have picked the VP, but forgot about the cylon test.

MiX, I'm sorry, but once again I think your playstyle hurt town. This happened before, this happens again. You dominate the conversation and behave in a way that no one wants to follow you and has any strength to argue with you.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 27, 2021, 01:45:17 pm »

I could say what alignment ADK had, they told me that much. But isn't it cooler if it's mysterious instead?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1784 on: April 27, 2021, 02:20:21 pm »

I'm still not sure how I survived after this played out. Are you willing to say now why you were so sure I was scum? Did you have an actual result on me?

It's hard to fabricate scum reads on people you know aren't scum, and you were just very obviously trying to avoid doing that. I didn't have a result.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: April 27, 2021, 03:17:07 pm »

How come ADK got exiled with only 3 votes, when it took 5 to exile?

Curfew - doublehated

also, million sorries to you, WCD.

❤️
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 27, 2021, 03:58:07 pm »

I get where you're coming from here, but there's something I've mentioned before that's relevant: I don't have to be alive in order to win, so scum can't make me collaborate just by threatening to kill me

Sorry, one more, didn't post my response to this -- clearly a survivor would be expected to lie about this, no?  I mean, that's "how to survive as a survivor" 101.

Channeling my inner LaLight (RIP), this is an AMAZING point.

Is there any kind of double or team survivor role? (i.e. could they both be survivors?)

scola, what did you mean here about channeling inner LaLight? :)

Oh, just by saying "this is an AMAZING point." I feel like you often (and correctly) remark on things like this and the exuberance always makes me smile. :)

oh, that's so nice of you :) it is me, amazingly enough!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 27, 2021, 05:46:16 pm »

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Yeah, scola, the fact you got enough people to townread you to survive after D2 was impressive.

MiX, well-played with whatever went on with you and ADK to pick me, and I'm glad I didn't have to play another day to try to win what would have inevitably been a brutal 1v1 lol.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: April 27, 2021, 05:48:21 pm »

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Yeah, scola, the fact you got enough people to townread you to survive after D2 was impressive.

MiX, well-played with whatever went on with you and ADK to pick me, and I'm glad I didn't have to play another day to try to win what would have inevitably been a brutal 1v1 lol.

"Can you pick Dylan?"

"Sure, I was gonna pick ash but k"

If I knew what result I was going to get, I would've probably not swapped at all, lol.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 27, 2021, 05:49:08 pm »

If ADK hadn't self voted, we might still have exiled Jack or Dylan. Guess that's why ash is saying exile all 3rd parties.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: April 27, 2021, 05:50:36 pm »

If ADK hadn't self voted, we might still have exiled Jack or Dylan. Guess that's why ash is saying exile all 3rd parties.

Yeah, that's a pretty strong piece of evidence for that stance lol
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 27, 2021, 05:53:39 pm »

ADK can't self-hammer if you don't vote for them. That's why I didn't want to vote for them lol.

Besides, scum can hammer too.

What needed to happen was a quickhammer on scum by town. Unfortunately, that feat is basically impossible, and was never going to happen with how fragmented town was.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 27, 2021, 06:57:23 pm »

I could say what alignment ADK had, they told me that much. But isn't it cooler if it's mysterious instead?

You could also only say as much as I told you ;)
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 27, 2021, 07:10:04 pm »

MiX, I'm sorry, but once again I think your playstyle hurt town. This happened before, this happens again. You dominate the conversation and behave in a way that no one wants to follow you and has any strength to argue with you.

Yes. Yes. I need to change. I promise I'll be a better (town) player next time. I still like this playstyle early in the game, like D1, but I need to drastically change this when it gets to solving time. I think I'm too stuck in "convince everyone I'm right" and I should be in "solve the game in such a way that all of town agrees who the scum team is, together".

Someone quote this post in a future game. Thankfully I'm not in any ongoing games so I can say this :P

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 27, 2021, 07:56:49 pm »

That was fun. Not the best outcome for me, I lost out on some legacy points, but it was interesting to play such an odd win condition

For legacy reasons, l'll keep it a mystery

Keep what a mystery?  The rule changes?  I'm fairly sure those would have to be public.

I was talking about mix's question about my legacy points

So just to understand, you were not actually a Survivor? But you haven't (and won't) reveal what it was?

I died and still won, so yeah, not a survivor. I have legacy stuff that I assume persists between games that makes me want to keep my exact win condition a mystery. And also having it be a mystery is fun
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: April 27, 2021, 07:58:50 pm »

@scola -- I don't know how you could have recruited me; I assumed the team knew.

@ADK -- you can switch characters and then not worry about the legacy stuff.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 27, 2021, 08:18:13 pm »

I died and still won, so yeah, not a survivor. I have legacy stuff that I assume persists between games that makes me want to keep my exact win condition a mystery. And also having it be a mystery is fun

Oh yeah, duh. Good point.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 27, 2021, 09:08:04 pm »

@scola -- I don't know how you could have recruited me; I assumed the team knew.

That sounds lame. Unless everyone agrees to switch characters every single game just so we can force faust to pull out ever obscurer characters from the site
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 27, 2021, 09:08:17 pm »

Show*
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 27, 2021, 09:09:31 pm »

That sounds lame. Unless everyone agrees to switch characters every single game just so we can force faust to pull out ever obscurer characters from the site

You can swap to characters other people have been. But that just makes things more boring, right?

I think ash is just saying that if you really want to say what was going on with your objectives, there is a way that doesn't hurt you in the long run. At least, that's what I thought, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.