Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 197719 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 5)
« Reply #1675 on: April 23, 2021, 05:21:48 pm »

Why would scum kill a third-party? ADK being alive is their best chances of winning this game.

Ah, so please explain in detail why we're shouldn't all be voting ADK now.

* why we shouldn't all be voting ADK, I mean. I was going to say "why we're not all voting ADK", but that wasn't as clear.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 23, 2021, 05:24:26 pm »

Also, hmm, it's possible either of us are regular scum. That's really what town should be concerned about (and a question I will have to deal with when me and ADK inevitably reach XiLo, it's like a tradition).

I think I’m ready to vote for Dylan.

But I don’t want to rush folks if we aren’t ready for that.

I don't want to rush it.

If Dylan is scum, why did he offer up a one-bit question that he was proposing using as a cop shot that would either have given town an IC, or set Dylan up for a 1-v-1 with whomever he accused, that was bound to get him exiled today anyway?

So town could direct his shot to something more useless.

I don't know. But that is easily answered if you're scum. That question is hard to answer, and I've considered that my power might've been tampered with because of it. I just don't see town winning if scum can force a direct conflict between 2 town like this, and it makes my power borderline anti-town. But my paranoia's somewhat there.

Why would scum kill a third-party? ADK being alive is their best chances of winning this game.

So we can kill scum instead.

It's a very good question, and one that pertains to ADK's alignment, so I won't answer in detail. But scum not wanting to shoot a third-party doesn't mean we want to exile them. Town wants to kill scum. Scum wants to kill town. Neither wants to kill third-parties.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 23, 2021, 05:48:27 pm »

I don't know. But that is easily answered if you're scum. That question is hard to answer, and I've considered that my power might've been tampered with because of it. I just don't see town winning if scum can force a direct conflict between 2 town like this, and it makes my power borderline anti-town. But my paranoia's somewhat there.

It's not very easy to unpick what you're trying to say here. My question was about why scum!Dylan shares the existence of this question and lets town direct it when it's likely to lead very quickly to one of two town-beneficial events. What "conflict between two towns" are you referring to, and what would scum!Dylan's plan have had to look like to bring that about without risking being pro-town?

So far we've done a great job of going after townies rather than scum, so if ADK being alive really is scum's best chance of winning, over pushing to get townies exiled, then I think that's a great argument for exiling ADK instead of letting scummy people or wrong townies take down another one of our own.

It's a very good question, and one that pertains to ADK's alignment, so I won't answer in detail. But scum not wanting to shoot a third-party doesn't mean we want to exile them. Town wants to kill scum. Scum wants to kill town. Neither wants to kill third-parties.

Well, I think I might want to kill a third party, and I'm town.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 23, 2021, 06:17:36 pm »

@Space, Why are you assuming scum!Dylan even had a question?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 23, 2021, 06:17:57 pm »

Have we even heard from Dylan yet?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: April 23, 2021, 06:26:39 pm »

Do you really think Dylan just completely made up the idea of the question? To what gain?

Since my biggest concern with voting or Dylan is that if he is town and there is a 4 scum team that wins the game with that, is there harm in maybe brigging ADK today like space suggests instead? If he is part of the 4 person scum team, great, and if he's not, then we haven't hurt any town (I am not at all convinced by ADK or MiC's oh you can trust us, we want town to win)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 23, 2021, 06:35:21 pm »

It's not very easy to unpick what you're trying to say here. My question was about why scum!Dylan shares the existence of this question and lets town direct it when it's likely to lead very quickly to one of two town-beneficial events. What "conflict between two towns" are you referring to, and what would scum!Dylan's plan have had to look like to bring that about without risking being pro-town?

So far we've done a great job of going after townies rather than scum, so if ADK being alive really is scum's best chance of winning, over pushing to get townies exiled, then I think that's a great argument for exiling ADK instead of letting scummy people or wrong townies take down another one of our own.

Well, I think I might want to kill a third party, and I'm town.

We've only exiled 1 town, so we're not doing that badly to be honest.

Do you really think Dylan just completely made up the idea of the question? To what gain?

Since my biggest concern with voting or Dylan is that if he is town and there is a 4 scum team that wins the game with that, is there harm in maybe brigging ADK today like space suggests instead? If he is part of the 4 person scum team, great, and if he's not, then we haven't hurt any town (I am not at all convinced by ADK or MiC's oh you can trust us, we want town to win)

It's probably safe, I personally just want the game to be over as fast as possible for my personal goal. I also don't want to gamble on scum being able to take advantage of ADK being dead. Of course, I guess from every other town's perspective you don't want to gamble on me being town...

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 23, 2021, 06:39:06 pm »

Vote: ADK
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 23, 2021, 06:39:41 pm »

Vote: ADK

You can, and should, redirect that vote to Dylan.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 23, 2021, 06:47:42 pm »

Okay I guess since this threat of voting ADK was real I should add more bias to my answer to this.

ADK has demonstrated they are trying to make me win. That is enough for them to be town aligned, in my book. But it's not enough for scum.

Honestly if ADK was scum they would've won by now, as there would have to be 4 scum, since there's curfew they can all quickhammer.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 23, 2021, 07:34:26 pm »

Okay I guess since this threat of voting ADK was real I should add more bias to my answer to this.

ADK has demonstrated they are trying to make me win. That is enough for them to be town aligned, in my book. But it's not enough for scum.

Honestly if ADK was scum they would've won by now, as there would have to be 4 scum, since there's curfew they can all quickhammer.

No because a quickhammer only works against those who performed an action last night. As of now that looks like ADK and WCD (based on their blocking discussion) so it just means that a 4 scum team that doesn't include MiX, ADK, and Didds doesn't exist.

However, get one town to vote with the team and then sure. Which is one possible interpretation to how this day has begun.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 23, 2021, 08:28:17 pm »

Dylan is scum

Vote: Dylan

Let's go let's go everyone needs to vote for dylan right now before scum quickhammers and wins!

What? Well, this is an exciting start to the day. I'm just confused because this doesn't make any sense from cylon-aligned!MiX to force a 1v1 like this. He's definitely wrong, but this makes me think there might be a separate 3rd party faction that he and maybe ADK are in together or something... That or something was able to screw with the results you got.

I should probably talk more so people think I'm town beyond a shadow of a doubt. That includes you, ash! One wrong vote and this game could end horribly. It's possible we're not in XiLo though.

So, ADK was right: one of the civilians was scum. This makes me feel really good about him, as he's the one that told me to pick Dylan, and I only learned Dylan was scum because he was my vice-president. This also indicates that ADK was not cylon-aligned as I never learned his alignment when they were vice-president, but that's a stretch: I think my information grew in power in a reasonable proportion, so it might've not made sense to say what alignment ADK was before today.

I've also learned what character Dylan is, but not directly: the flavor implied Dylan is Caprica Six. So that would be a civilian, which makes what ADK was saying.

Let's look at the other piece of info I know: Jack's wagon.

"Jack Rudd (6): MiX, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel, scolapasta, EFHW, SpaceAnemone"

Me and ADK are...well, we're not cylon-aligned, by what I said above. So there's scum in (Didds, scola, EFHW, Space). Given what went down yesterday, I would put scum in (scola, EFHW). Didds is right: she's town. And Space would have to be aligned with Robz, I think. Then again, my reads aren't that good, I only started scumreading Dylan yesterday after he used the question the way Space wanted. I'll have to reread Dylan now.

There is an odd number of cylon-aligned players in {MiX, Space, LaLight, Jack, Didds}.

This is Dylan's question now, which has a different meaning now that he's scum. You can read it however you want, but personally I think it's bogus: chances are the real answer is even, but that's what I think anyway (they're all town), and he could've easily told the truth. I'm just posting it here for who wants to scum hunt this way (also note that LL died and is in this group: this supports my theory of 0 scum here).

Can't think of anything else that's relevant right now.

The first person to get on the thread should do the test, most likely.

I think EFHW specifically has to do the test, unless we're all so certain she's a cylon that we move onto the next-most-suspicious person?

As evidence, LL was town, so was telling the truth about being able to detect cylons. He knew EFHW targeted him D1, so previously I thought either she must have been a cylon, or LL was lying. With LL's flip, we at least need to hear from EFHW about why she thinks that is. We've already seen on human-aligned cylon in the form of Boomer, so I'm pretty sceptical about the existence of a second, as opposed to actual cylon-aligned cylons.

Yes, but I think the day will end before we can coordinate. Any result would be helpful right now: I think the scum aligned humans are either town (Baltar) or not human at all (Dylan).

This is absurd. The urgency that town is so close to losing feels extremely manufactured to me, because MiX has been carrying on like this for like 2 days already. So you're basing all your actions on literally claimed 3rd party as the basis for how you play?  Let me say it for the fans in the back, THAT'S NOT TOWNY. Wait, and you allegedly got information about me you weren't getting on other VPs? This is nonsense. And now you are making up speculation on my flavor? Tom Zarek is a civilian, and while he seems like a very conflicted dude based on the wiki, the one thing he wasn't was cylon-aligned. I don't have any idea who Caprica 6 is, so I can't even pretend to know what you could be pulling out of your rear end to come up with that.

You then ignore the actual final Jack wagon: "Jack Rudd (5): SpaceAnemone, EFHW, WestCoastDidds, Robz888, Dylan32"

"Me and ADK are...well, we're not cylon-aligned, by what I said above."
You can't even bring yourself to say your town? I'm not even going to engage with your wagon analysis because you're just making crap up now.

100% vote Dylan today, there's really no decision here. These past few days have been about deciding if I'm town or not, and now is the time where you decide that, yes, I am town.

EFHW's a probably cylon, but we can do that tomorrow.

I am strongly leaning towards voting Dylan here. I think either town MiX or Survivor Mix would be telling the truth. But as we agree that we don't have the immediate rush, want to give some time to still mull it over, ask some more questions, and let players report what night time things they may have done. Otherwise my vote would put a curfewed Dylan at X-1 and I don't think we're there yet, especially with a hammering Ash.

But at the moment, I'm @ it's Dylan today, and if he's not actually scum, you tomorrow. Otherwise EFHW.

Please stop trying to imply that scum wants you to do what scum tells you to do. If I'm scum, the last thing I expect people to do is vote Dylan when I say so. You should be more willing to vote for someone I am conflicting, not less.

Sure, except for WIFOM, so good scum would know to do both.

ADK should probably not say more but like who cares, they were right. Even if you think I'm scum. So does it matter?

It does matter, but I'm not yet ready to reveal more now.

So some other questions: what were the other orders you could've chosen? Why did you choose so fast? If you are scum Mix trying to get us down to 7 (due to 4 scum), it would definitely make sense to protect yourself if you're worried a vig shot would take you out at night. And we've only flipped one killing power which was passive, so there definitely could be a vig out there still. And yes, there are also reasons for town Mix to choose that order to, so choosing it doesn't automatically imply scum or survivor Mix.

So care to enlighten us some more on your decision process there?

Not going into why right now, but my gut says this is scummy.

Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 23, 2021, 08:30:37 pm »

I'm town. I just thought it was funny if the way I wrote that implied I was aligned with ADK.

You are not town.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 23, 2021, 08:31:31 pm »

Actually, the more I think about it, I think if we exile me here, I think it's basically putting town in a king-making situation between cylons and whatever ADK and MiX are. So screw it.

Vote: MiX for lying.

Also, you won't be offended if I don't use out QT at all I hope.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 3)
« Reply #1689 on: April 23, 2021, 08:34:20 pm »

Day 3 Final Vote Count

MiX (4): ashersky, LaLight, Jack Rudd, Robz888
Jack Rudd (6): MiX, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel, scolapasta, EFHW, SpaceAnemone
Robz888 (1): Swowl

Not Voting (1): Dylan32

With 12 alive, it took 7 to exile.

Also, you are wrong about what you said.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 24, 2021, 08:43:42 am »

No because a quickhammer only works against those who performed an action last night. As of now that looks like ADK and WCD (based on their blocking discussion) so it just means that a 4 scum team that doesn't include MiX, ADK, and Didds doesn't exist.

However, get one town to vote with the team and then sure. Which is one possible interpretation to how this day has begun.

Clarification: ADK blocked me and LL. Presumably that took on action. So, I didn’t act, but they did. I don’t think I’ve got the voting penalty but they should have it.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 24, 2021, 08:54:23 am »

ADK has to be the exile today.  There is no other option.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 24, 2021, 08:55:16 am »

MiX is 100% anti-town.  I believe zero words he types in the game thread.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 24, 2021, 08:55:37 am »

Literally, his first two posts are:

1.  NO ONE VOTE AHHHHHHHH
2.  Votes.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 24, 2021, 08:57:21 am »

He supposedly has a power where the mod just gives him random, extremely game-changing information on a nightly basis, without having to do anything.

Like, what?  That is terrible game design.  Faust is not a terrible game designer.  Like, is there a deus ex machina in the tv show that is equally terrible and annoying and he had to include it in the game?

If I had claimed that I had a passive power which provides me with mod information to support any argument or post I want to make, would you believe me?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: April 24, 2021, 09:00:03 am »

As for ADK, seems to be playing the standard survivor game.  Like, to a tee.  100%.  No reason to believe he isn't playing as if he is what he claimed.

That said, he will ABSOLUTELY take the win with cylons when that option becomes the clear choice.

MiX's crazy scared act at the beginning of the day would have you think that town has slim chances at winning.  If that's true, why would he want to keep around the 3rd party player?

So, to me, ADK is a survivor-type role that will doom town OR mafia with MiX.

ADK ends up being the default safe exile option.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 24, 2021, 09:00:36 am »

He supposedly has a power where the mod just gives him random, extremely game-changing information on a nightly basis, without having to do anything.

Like, what?  That is terrible game design.  Faust is not a terrible game designer.  Like, is there a deus ex machina in the tv show that is equally terrible and annoying and he had to include it in the game?

If I had claimed that I had a passive power which provides me with mod information to support any argument or post I want to make, would you believe me?
Why would ADK support him at every point? Are you saying they are scum, too?

Didds, I guess ADK told you they were blocking you in the viper qt? Anything else you can about that?

We need to finish the massclaim.

PPE ash

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 24, 2021, 09:01:15 am »

I will only vote for ADK or MiX.

I definitely prefer myself over any other player not named ADK or MiX to be the exile.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 24, 2021, 09:03:27 am »

Oh, the Robz exile:

He has successfully built a meta that says "lazy Robz is town and trying Robz is mafia."  There are two ways to fix that: be lazy as mafia or try as town.  I figured it was the former, too bad it wasn't the latter.  The latter, at least, could have helped town before his exile.

It was a good exile and there was nothing with it, and it was also perfect.  That was lost battle that may help win the war sort of thing, as future seasons hopefully provide us a reinvigorated Robz.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 24, 2021, 09:04:13 am »

ADK and MiX, I'd like to hear how your alliance developed.  Please paraphrase the conversation in as much detail as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 20 queries.