Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 197730 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 5)
« Reply #1650 on: April 23, 2021, 02:15:12 pm »

MiX, seeing as you and I had similar scum reads yesterday (albeit they were wrong) in Robz, Didds, and EFHW? Who do you know think is scum.

Since I'm between Dylan and possibly you, I'll throw out two combos I'm considering:
Dylan, EFHW, and Jack
Mix, ADK, EFHW, and Didds (this is the possible 4 team scum that ash alluded to possibly existing)

My current town reads are (clearly): space and ash

Dylan, EFHW and Jack. This doesn't really make sense, but that's where I am right now. I'd like to see 2 scum flip before deciding on the third.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 23, 2021, 02:15:50 pm »

@scola as mix said, I was right about there being a scum among the civilians. Explaining why I thought that at this point only helps scum, which presumably you don't want
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 23, 2021, 02:16:20 pm »

And the other question I guess I'd like to know is how exactly does this passive power of yours work then - do you get these messages at Night, at start of the Day? and are the clear or are they somehow obfuscated and you're interpreting them for us?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 23, 2021, 02:17:09 pm »

And the other question I guess I'd like to know is how exactly does this passive power of yours work then - do you get these messages at Night, at start of the Day? and are the clear or are they somehow obfuscated and you're interpreting them for us?

End of night. They aren't very obscure.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: April 23, 2021, 02:25:03 pm »

@scola as mix said, I was right about there being a scum among the civilians. Explaining why I thought that at this point only helps scum, which presumably you don't want

Well, we don't really know that yet. Though sure, if either Dylan or Mix is scum then sure.

ACTUALLY, I just realized something - huh.

So the main reason I 'm leaning Dylan over Mix is because Mix claimed this and why would scum Mix do that? But an alternative could be that he's concerned we'll suspect him because he's a civilian. i.e. it's him vs Dylan (and yes there's ash as well, but I don't know if any of us currently have any strong scum read towards him).

continuing on this train for a minute, if we were to presume one of Dylan or Mix, without that info from Mix, it's at least 50-50, maybe more MiX, based on those other subgroups. Of course, it's not that complicated due to the fact that those subgroups (other than ADKs) were generated by Mix and Dylan themselves.

But again, from Mix's perspective, if you think today's brigging would be one of him or Dylan why not come out making this claim?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: April 23, 2021, 02:25:38 pm »

What made you think last night's was because Dylan became your VP?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 23, 2021, 02:27:20 pm »

It also helps town. Presumably you do want that.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 23, 2021, 02:27:52 pm »

What made you think last night's was because Dylan became your VP?

Flavor. I don't think I can explain this more.

Why would it help town?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 23, 2021, 02:33:33 pm »

Trust me: it doesn't
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: April 23, 2021, 02:56:22 pm »

ADK, why did you decide to block my (next) night actions?

That actually blocked yours and LL's actions last night. And I did it to help my wincon

Ah, okay. What was it that we might have done that we were trying to prevent?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: April 23, 2021, 04:28:26 pm »

That actually blocked yours and LL's actions last night. And I did it to help my wincon

Killed mix, killed me
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: April 23, 2021, 04:29:39 pm »

Killed mix, killed me

Hmmm... I think you guessed wrong on my abilities

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: April 23, 2021, 04:34:58 pm »

Vote Count 5.2

Dylan32 (2): MiX, A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (7): Jack Rudd, SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, EFHW, scolapasta, Dylan32, ashersky

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to exile. Day 5 lasts until April 30, 2021, 04:30:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 23, 2021, 04:49:16 pm »

Scum!Robz would never stop playing.  He'd sub out if he got too busy. Your assertion that he claimed scum didn't make sense.

Did MiX ever explain to anyone else's satisfaction what Robz's alleged admission of scumminess was?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 23, 2021, 04:57:39 pm »

Scum!Robz would never stop playing.  He'd sub out if he got too busy. Your assertion that he claimed scum didn't make sense.

Did MiX ever explain to anyone else's satisfaction what Robz's alleged admission of scumminess was?

No, by definition.

I asked 3 times what Robz had targeted and what he saw. He never answered. That felt like he was taking his lurkiness to extreme levels, to the point where if he was scum, he didn't need to talk anymore. That's basically it. I was also annoyed by Robz not having participated basically at all from D3 forward.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: April 23, 2021, 05:03:03 pm »

Why are we not exiling Jack?

I actually agree that Jack isn't the best target here. Scum choosing to kill within yesterday's testing set is unexpected to me, and probably only happens because they're happy enough with the idea that town is likely to exile Jack.

I have next to no confidence in MiX's claims, but I do actually think that exiling Dylan isn't terrible for town, simply his flip tells us whether to trust the answer to his question, and that's the only piece of logic-based scum-hunting info we have left that's not influenced by claims coming from MiX and ADK.

As for MiX and ADK, I think there's a very strong chance they're working together towards their own goals, but I think it's less likely they're cylon-aligned than purely a third party, simply because MiX has been leaking some kind of third-party knowledge all game. However, I do know for sure that unless scum were deliberately able to influence the cylon test then MiX did as he said he would do, and set his side to cylon, since that's the only way we'd see a cylon result when I set my half to read human.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 23, 2021, 05:04:27 pm »

No, by definition.

I asked 3 times what Robz had targeted and what he saw. He never answered. That felt like he was taking his lurkiness to extreme levels, to the point where if he was scum, he didn't need to talk anymore. That's basically it. I was also annoyed by Robz not having participated basically at all from D3 forward.

I mean, this is a big part of what convinced me to vote for Robz. It wasn't that he was too busy to post, since he did respond, but all his posts were short, without much detail. That just seemed like he was trying to slip by without having to claim anything useful or that he could be caught on.

Now I know that was wrong, but if not scummy it was definitely anti town.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 23, 2021, 05:07:01 pm »

I actually agree that Jack isn't the best target here. Scum choosing to kill within yesterday's testing set is unexpected to me, and probably only happens because they're happy enough with the idea that town is likely to exile Jack.

I have next to no confidence in MiX's claims, but I do actually think that exiling Dylan isn't terrible for town, simply his flip tells us whether to trust the answer to his question, and that's the only piece of logic-based scum-hunting info we have left that's not influenced by claims coming from MiX and ADK.

As for MiX and ADK, I think there's a very strong chance they're working together towards their own goals, but I think it's less likely they're cylon-aligned than purely a third party, simply because MiX has been leaking some kind of third-party knowledge all game. However, I do know for sure that unless scum were deliberately able to influence the cylon test then MiX did as he said he would do, and set his side to cylon, since that's the only way we'd see a cylon result when I set my half to read human.

There's 9 players alive: if both me and ADK are third-party, chances are town has already lost, and we've already won. At this point, you're going to have to trust us when we say we want town to win.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 23, 2021, 05:10:54 pm »

This is helpful, thank you.

It clarifies some of the things I have been thinking about MiX and ADK.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 23, 2021, 05:12:25 pm »

I think I’m ready to vote for Dylan.

But I don’t want to rush folks if we aren’t ready for that.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 23, 2021, 05:13:32 pm »

No, by definition.

That was all? This is why you need to actually show your logic in detail in-thread :-( You being annoyed or frustrated at Robz for ignoring or missing a question from you doesn't make him scum in the slightest, and I think your push against him at the EoD was not the best use of town's information at that point.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 23, 2021, 05:15:33 pm »

There's 9 players alive: if both me and ADK are third-party, chances are town has already lost, and we've already won. At this point, you're going to have to trust us when we say we want town to win.

OTOH, scum isn't taking ADK out, but is clearly able to perform NKs, so how can we be sure ADK really has town's interests at heart, if keeping you and ADK alive is so townie?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 23, 2021, 05:17:15 pm »

No, by definition.

That was all? This is why you need to actually show your logic in detail in-thread :-( You being annoyed or frustrated at Robz for ignoring or missing a question from you doesn't make him scum in the slightest, and I think your push against him at the EoD was not the best use of town's information at that point.

I think it was. Following Dylan's question, as proven by my result on him, wasn't going to help town.

OTOH, scum isn't taking ADK out, but is clearly able to perform NKs, so how can we be sure ADK really has town's interests at heart, if keeping you and ADK alive is so townie?

Why would scum kill a third-party? ADK being alive is their best chances of winning this game. I'm not dying because I have too many layers of Isolate Colonial One on me. That and I've had heat on me all game, and the other NKs were townier.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 23, 2021, 05:19:09 pm »

I think I’m ready to vote for Dylan.

But I don’t want to rush folks if we aren’t ready for that.

I don't want to rush it.

If Dylan is scum, why did he offer up a one-bit question that he was proposing using as a cop shot that would either have given town an IC, or set Dylan up for a 1-v-1 with whomever he accused, that was bound to get him exiled today anyway?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 23, 2021, 05:20:32 pm »

Why would scum kill a third-party? ADK being alive is their best chances of winning this game.

Ah, so please explain in detail why we're shouldn't all be voting ADK now.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.