Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 197818 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 4)
« Reply #1400 on: April 15, 2021, 09:37:18 pm »

re: Jack wagon, I'm thinking Didds or scola. It feels to me that Didds had too many reasons for the precipitous vote.
On the MiX wagon, I'm thinking Jack or Robz.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 15, 2021, 09:39:53 pm »

Hi!

I am completely swamped at work, so this is based on skimming...

So, Mix says he has a result that one of these folks is cylon-aligned?
Jack Rudd (6): MiX, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel, scolapasta, EFHW, SpaceAnemone

So, for me its one of the last three. Space seems the least likely.

MiX, why scola over EFHW?

OK, I was considering switching my vote to Robz (as I do think he could still be scum), but I've seen this Didds before, and it's been scum Didds. Asking others to get create the justification for her vote.

Didds, Robz, and 1 more partner, maybe? I still think there could be a potential 4th, i.e. a Cylon who will convert at some point to from town to scum). I'm also still waiting for any one who's willing to tell us they're the supposed 2nd cylon tester to corroborate that part of MiX's claim, because maybe we got lucky and the there were only two human aligned cylons in Awaclus and swowl (both of whom we've had some reason to believe were Cylons)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 15, 2021, 09:46:45 pm »

Interesting, Scola, you are doing with EFHW exactly what you accused me of.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 15, 2021, 10:04:46 pm »

Interesting, Scola, you are doing with EFHW exactly what you accused me of.

What is it that I'm doing?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 15, 2021, 11:24:30 pm »

I agree that if there is anyone else who had control of the cylon tester, they should claim now.

If they don't, fairly safe assumption that either MiX is lying or the hidden person is not town.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 16, 2021, 03:10:01 am »

Hi!

Jack Rudd (6): MiX, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel, scolapasta, EFHW, SpaceAnemone

More like, why scola over you? I feel like the kills have been revolving around scola. Awaclus was fighting him, and Swowl was saying a bunch of things related to scola that I can't remember right now. I don't really have a reason other than that.

I'm gaius baltar, and you have killed the person that God was personally controlling to make humans win. we are going to lose very horribly.

ADK's win condition is a secret.

Any questions?
What did  you mean here? How is God controlling you?

Flavor, you can read in the wiki Gaius Baltar's whole character arc, it's spoilers and not very relevant I think. It's about Baltar thinking God is somehow affecting him through Head Six or something (and Head Six is a voice he hears that resembles a cylon he got intimate with that was kinda the whole reason the attack on the colonies worked). I know more but it's spoilers, really just read it.

MiX, could you give us a run down in order of the tidbits of info you've been receiving as part of your power?

N1 I learned that it's possible a human-aligned player can become cylon-aligned.

N2 I learned what happened if a military became president and didn't revoke their powers.

N3 I learned that there's at least 1 cylon-aligned player in the Jack wagon.

I read ADK's post a couple of times and I confirm everything they're saying.

-I'm in a Viper Pilot neighborhood with didds, LL, and swowl, that's the QT ash is referring to. swowl claimed on N2 in that neighborhood that he was also in a neighborhood with another player, whose identity he didn't disclose, who he said he was townreading. I'm guessing this is ash, which makes ash a pretty unlikely scum candidate, since he wouldn't want to kill the person who was giving him information

Swowl was in a QT N3 with Space, and N2 with who you presume is ash...so who were they linked with N1?
Why presume it was ash?

That's what ADK said, not me.

re: Jack wagon, I'm thinking Didds or scola. It feels to me that Didds had too many reasons for the precipitous vote.
On the MiX wagon, I'm thinking Jack or Robz.

I agree with you.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 16, 2021, 07:31:32 am »

This is a little bit random, but I’m going to kind of claim one of my powers because it could be helpful. I could ascertain whether or not ADK’s wincon is compatible with town’s. It’s a one shot power, and it’s not limited to just that question, but the answer can’t be tampered with, so I would know it’s truthful. If he can win with town, we should definitely try to find scum today instead of that, but if he’s 3rd party that straight up can’t win with town, it’s probably not a bad idea to eliminate him earlier rather than later.

I’ll wait for opinions before actually taking an action. Also, my understanding is that I can use it  any time during the game as opposed to at night, so if I’m not mistaken we can know that before EOD.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 16, 2021, 07:38:28 am »

Vote Count 4.2

Jack Rudd (1): WestCoastDidds
scolapasta (1): MiX
WestCoastDidds (2): scolapasta, LaLight
Robz888 (3): Jack Rudd, A Drowned Kernel, SpaceAnemone
A Drowned Kernel (1): Robz888

Not Voting (3): EFHW, Dylan32, ashersky

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to exile. Day 4 ends April 21, 2021, 08:30:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 16, 2021, 07:47:41 am »

This is a little bit random, but I’m going to kind of claim one of my powers because it could be helpful. I could ascertain whether or not ADK’s wincon is compatible with town’s. It’s a one shot power, and it’s not limited to just that question, but the answer can’t be tampered with, so I would know it’s truthful. If he can win with town, we should definitely try to find scum today instead of that, but if he’s 3rd party that straight up can’t win with town, it’s probably not a bad idea to eliminate him earlier rather than later.

I’ll wait for opinions before actually taking an action. Also, my understanding is that I can use it  any time during the game as opposed to at night, so if I’m not mistaken we can know that before EOD.

If your power can really be used for that, then I'm in favor of it being used for it
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 16, 2021, 09:51:50 am »

If your power can really be used for that, then I'm in favor of it being used for it

This power could rule out serial killer, but ADK being something like a survivor isn't all that comforting. They could still side against town at any moment. We know they are not exclusively town-aligned, or they wouldn't be a third party. So it's just ruling out their being completely evil. People with those roles don't tend to want as much attention as ADK has drawn on themself.

It would help to hear more about your power if you can do it without quoting.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: April 16, 2021, 09:58:23 am »

Hmm.. I'm not so sure that's optimal if the shot really can just take any player and say whether their wincon is compatible with town's.

We already have a lot of information on ADK's interactions. If ADK flips as something that isn't compatible with our town wincon, then we can be very suspicious of the players who've exhibited strong levels of trust in ADK, like MiX and Didds. In terms of webs of trust and who's scum conditional on our reads of other people, I think ADK already has a lot of evidence, and as people who've interacted with ADK flip, we'll naturally build up a better picture of how much to trust them.

Compare that to someone like Jack or Robz, about whom we know absolutely nothing, have no reads, and no interactions to speak of. Surely it's better to use a shot on Robz, because that way we keep our vague partial info on ADK, get full alignment reassurance on Robz, and end up with more information than if we only used the shot to top up that partial info on ADK.

Also, on the off-chance this is a scum!Dylan plan to cement some trust in scum!ADK, I think it's advantageous for town not to go along with the plan unchallenged.

PPE 1: EFHW, yes, I agree with that too, though I also think that in general it's better if we're hunting cylon-aligned players than third parties, especially now the third party has been outed.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 16, 2021, 10:00:53 am »

Hi!

Besides me, I think ADK is the least likely to be cylon-aligned, being a claimed 3rd party both by their own admission and by MiX's claim. And I think I'd pointed out a while ago in-thread that MiX's choice of language gave away that he knew something about third-party alignment, so that much tracks. Though I still think it's worth considering that MiX himself is the 3p, at least a little bit. It makes so much sense with the character of Baltar and the jury of peers mechanic to help him survive an exile attempt. If MiX is 3p, would he give us the "at least one cylon-aligned person on-wagon" info, though?

Personally, I'm not voting for Scola. I know he's suspicious of me for appearing to white-knighting him or whatever, but honestly he just says stuff I agree with most of the time, and I have to assume that a scum player wouldn't say the same things so naturally. Meanwhile, I have much less to agree with from either you (Didds) or EFHW. [I started writing this post a few hours ago, before making the post where I just agreed with EFHW...]

It's also worth noting that "at least one on-wagon cylon-aligned player" could mean "exactly one on-wagon cylon-aligned player", and there were six people on-wagon and six off-wagon. If we expect there to be three cylon-aligned players (I don't know if this is accurate; the balance probably depends what other alignments and switching mechanics faust built into the game), then there could easily still be a stronger chance of hitting a cylon-aligned player if we look off-wagon than if we look on it.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 16, 2021, 10:13:51 am »

I'm gaius baltar, and you have killed the person that God was personally controlling to make humans win. we are going to lose very horribly.

ADK's win condition is a secret.

Any questions?
What did  you mean here? How is God controlling you?

Flavor, you can read in the wiki Gaius Baltar's whole character arc, it's spoilers and not very relevant I think. It's about Baltar thinking God is somehow affecting him through Head Six or something (and Head Six is a voice he hears that resembles a cylon he got intimate with that was kinda the whole reason the attack on the colonies worked). I know more but it's spoilers, really just read it.

Your answer is vague, and probably missing the point. Do you mean that your character info in the game explicitly talks about being controlled by a deity, or are you just going off what you've read about BSG and assuming that the character of Baltar was controlled by god, and then just being dramatic about your exile?

In terms of the show, I think Baltar's status is deliberately never made clear: maybe he believes that his visions of one of the cylon model sixes are god-sent, but maybe he's just so focused on his own self-preservation that he'll say or do anything to put himself first.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 16, 2021, 10:34:33 am »

I was being dramatic. I don't see how my own conclusions of who Gaius Baltar is are relevant to the game (although I'd love to talk about it if I ever end up watching the show).

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 16, 2021, 10:38:23 am »

Can you pick anyone? That sounds like something I'd use as soon as possible.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 16, 2021, 12:11:11 pm »

I was being dramatic. I don't see how my own conclusions of who Gaius Baltar is are relevant to the game (although I'd love to talk about it if I ever end up watching the show).

Okay, so I think all EFHW was looking for in her question was the response that you were being dramatic, and that there's no game-mechanic relating to you being some kind of Chosen One. It's quite an odd reading of Baltar, so I think it's entirely reasonable for someone to ask what your statement meant.

As for what your reading of your character tells us, I think there's probably something there, if I knew how to interpret it according to which parts of a complex character you seem to have latched on to. My difficulty right now is just that I don't know whether your focus on the "God's chosen one" stuff means you honestly think that because you're town!Baltar then you assume he must be good at the core and so take the most forgiving reading possible on him, or whether you've drawn scum!Baltar (or 3p!Baltar), and have read all the background and carefully filed anything you thought you could use to make it sound like you're a good guy after all.

For anyone else who doesn't know the show, Baltar sided with the cylons against humans several times for his own interests. If I'd made a list ahead of time of characters most likely to be human but working on the side of the cylons, Baltar would be at the top. (Though as I said before, Baltar makes plenty of sense as a 3p, since he doesn't really have any loyalties beyond himself).

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 16, 2021, 12:15:07 pm »

More like, why scola over you? I feel like the kills have been revolving around scola. Awaclus was fighting him, and Swowl was saying a bunch of things related to scola that I can't remember right now. I don't really have a reason other than that.

I did notice this as well. My best guess is it's scum having read over my last game and seeing that I did something similar as scum in the end game there, in order to try to make me an easy brigging target.

N1 I learned that it's possible a human-aligned player can become cylon-aligned.

N2 I learned what happened if a military became president and didn't revoke their powers.

N3 I learned that there's at least 1 cylon-aligned player in the Jack wagon.

Is it possible that a Survivor MiX lies about one (or more) of these? I doubt it, but I could see him doing that in order to cover for something he'd rather not share.

• first one does feels a little sketchy in that he learned that after Awaclus basically confirmed this for us when telling us he was given a choice to switch. Second one would be a more risky lie as we could verify (but only
• 2nd one is only verifiable once MiX is brigged or incapacitated so why would he care? That said, he'd have had to come up with it and it does seem a reasonable actual design
• 3rd one could be used to get us down the path of brigging people from that wagon

My initial thought when I read this was that this was a great idea, but others had some good arguments a little later that have put me in a the on the fence camp. Can you give us more detail on what you can (or cannot) ask?

Personally, I'm not voting for Scola. I know he's suspicious of me for appearing to white-knighting him or whatever, but honestly he just says stuff I agree with most of the time, and I have to assume that a scum player wouldn't say the same things so naturally. Meanwhile, I have much less to agree with from either you (Didds) or EFHW. [I started writing this post a few hours ago, before making the post where I just agreed with EFHW...]

It's also worth noting that "at least one on-wagon cylon-aligned player" could mean "exactly one on-wagon cylon-aligned player", and there were six people on-wagon and six off-wagon. If we expect there to be three cylon-aligned players (I don't know if this is accurate; the balance probably depends what other alignments and switching mechanics faust built into the game), then there could easily still be a stronger chance of hitting a cylon-aligned player if we look off-wagon than if we look on it.

Is the term white-knighting or buddying? (or either) Regardless, I think that less now. I don't think I've ever been white knighted in a game before, but my gut is that at some point one would choose at least some things to disagree with, and maybe more important, bring attention to that. Occam's razor makes me think that we're just reading this game in a similar fashion.

Add to that that my current thought scum team is WCD, Robz, +1; I don' think you quite fit there as the third.

And continuing or agreement (ow it's my turn), I do like the idea of looking off wagon. We know swowl was human aligned so, really it's 6 and 5, and if you just look at the other wagon, 6 and 4. I'm willing to switch my vote to Robz, but I won't immediately, as I want to check the vote count.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 16, 2021, 12:18:02 pm »

Okay, so I think all EFHW was looking for in her question was the response that you were being dramatic, and that there's no game-mechanic relating to you being some kind of Chosen One. It's quite an odd reading of Baltar, so I think it's entirely reasonable for someone to ask what your statement meant.

As for what your reading of your character tells us, I think there's probably something there, if I knew how to interpret it according to which parts of a complex character you seem to have latched on to. My difficulty right now is just that I don't know whether your focus on the "God's chosen one" stuff means you honestly think that because you're town!Baltar then you assume he must be good at the core and so take the most forgiving reading possible on him, or whether you've drawn scum!Baltar (or 3p!Baltar), and have read all the background and carefully filed anything you thought you could use to make it sound like you're a good guy after all.

For anyone else who doesn't know the show, Baltar sided with the cylons against humans several times for his own interests. If I'd made a list ahead of time of characters most likely to be human but working on the side of the cylons, Baltar would be at the top. (Though as I said before, Baltar makes plenty of sense as a 3p, since he doesn't really have any loyalties beyond himself).

Have I become that predictable, to the point of how I read my flavor character is alignment indicative...? Man, now I need to start doing this as scum. Add that to the list of things town!me has done to make scum play as annoying as possible.

Yes, I think I read Baltar as someone with good intentions because I rolled town. But I don't think Baltar would ever be cylon-aligned, from what I read on the wiki: only unwillingly (and probably unknowingly too).

The more you say how you're using this to read me, the more scum!me will simply say the towniest thing possible though, I think you should just look at what I said in twilight and come to whatever conclusions that give you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 16, 2021, 03:23:45 pm »

I’m happy for dylan to test me if we want to start on the Jack wagon
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 16, 2021, 11:30:01 pm »

Like someone else already said, maybe Space, it seems weird to me that Dylan thought ADK would be the best use of his power. Hoping we'll hear back from him soon.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 17, 2021, 02:05:30 am »

i hope we'll exile today
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 17, 2021, 04:22:18 am »

Like someone else already said, maybe Space, it seems weird to me that Dylan thought ADK would be the best use of his power. Hoping we'll hear back from him soon.

It's only weird because we don't know what the power is.  If it is 3rd party specific, well, it's not weird at all to think ADK would be the best target.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 17, 2021, 09:17:35 am »

Since our characters' alignments are expected to change over the course of the games, we can't assume that flavor represents alignment.  Otherwise, Baltar would absolutely be an obvious 3rd party. But come to think of it, MiX would likely have been given a safeclaim for situations such as this one.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 17, 2021, 09:20:03 am »

It's only weird because we don't know what the power is.  If it is 3rd party specific, well, it's not weird at all to think ADK would be the best target.
But the chances of knowing someone is 3rd party seem small, and guessing is no good with a 1 shot power.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 17, 2021, 09:23:15 am »

Since our characters' alignments are expected to change over the course of the games, we can't assume that flavor represents alignment.  Otherwise, Baltar would absolutely be an obvious 3rd party. But come to think of it, MiX would likely have been given a safeclaim for situations such as this one.

For Season 1, flavor is tied to alignment, and people have fakeclaims. This info is in the legacy thread where faust first proposed this game.

But the chances of knowing someone is 3rd party seem small, and guessing is no good with a 1 shot power.

Chances of no one claiming third-party ever are low enough for such a power to exist.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 20 queries.