Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 197791 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 3)
« Reply #1025 on: April 07, 2021, 02:01:45 pm »

For executive order, I think Military Police would be fun and interesting.

Sadly, that's one option that hasn't come up yet.
What are the options?

Does it matter? I've already put the order anyway, Civilian Jurisdiction, so we actually get an exile done.

So military votes don't matter? Meh. Welp, I guess that relieves my pressure to figure out who to vote for today.

It's a questionable choice*, because (depending on how votes counts are reported), we may learn something about who's civilian vs military.

* as there's NO WAY we were going to go 3 days without a brigging; 2 days is already weird enough
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 07, 2021, 02:02:29 pm »

What are the options?

Does it matter? I've already put the order anyway, Civilian Jurisdiction, so we actually get an exile done.

So military votes don't matter? Meh. Welp, I guess that relieves my pressure to figure out who to vote for today.

It's a questionable choice*, because (depending on how votes counts are reported), we may learn something about who's civilian vs military.

* as there's NO WAY we were going to go 3 days without a brigging; 2 days is already weird enough

And poor LL - assuming it matches his flavor, still doesn't get to vote...
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 07, 2021, 02:03:52 pm »

What are the options?

When had you claimed you were military?

PPE: You can all vote, just actually exile someone or plurality exile will come to effect.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 07, 2021, 02:20:51 pm »

What are the options?

Well, I claimed Commander Adama. I never specifically said I was military, but I think that can be inferred. Also why I never offered to be VP. Though I'd be ok (eventually) renouncing my powers were I to be president.

PPE: You can all vote, just actually exile someone or plurality exile will come to effect.

Yeah, that's now what it says. There's no OR in there.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 07, 2021, 02:23:49 pm »

Well, I claimed Commander Adama. I never specifically said I was military, but I think that can be inferred. Also why I never offered to be VP. Though I'd be ok (eventually) renouncing my powers were I to be president.

Oh yes. Right. Of course.

The OR is implied, as it only says there's any voting manipulation at the end of the day. I presume we can still exile normally before then, and thus end the day early.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 07, 2021, 02:31:46 pm »

Oh yes. Right. Of course.

The OR is implied, as it only says there's any voting manipulation at the end of the day. I presume we can still exile normally before then, and thus end the day early.

OK, I see what you're saying, if we brig someone before end of the day, the end of the day (effectively) never comes. That does make sense, never mind all. Back to figuring who scum is today.

I do want to say, I'm scum reading space a little. In that they posted some good summaries of D1 and D2 which were very useful, but doesn't really add much new content there. That feels something scum!space might do to buy town cred. I also see how it could just be their process (first review; then analyze / opine), especially in light of the other game ending, so I'm not going to vote there just yet. and wait to see what they posts next.

Also on board the let's here more from Robz wagon.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 07, 2021, 02:34:06 pm »

MiX, are you sure? It sounds like only the civilian votes count.

Civilian jurisdiction
Today, an exile will occur even if the game ends without a majority on a player. At the end of this day, the exile is the player with the most civilian votes rather than the player with the most votes.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 07, 2021, 04:09:52 pm »

Civilian jurisdiction
Today, an exile will occur even if the game ends without a majority on a player. At the end of this day, the exile is the player with the most civilian votes rather than the player with the most votes.
Yeah, that reads to me like if there is a wagon with more civilian votes, they are the one exiled, even in the event someone with more votes (possibly a majority) total but fewer civilians exists... End of day occurs whether it runs to the deadline or if we choose to end it 3 irl days early. There's nothing explicitly in that order that says the exile is normal unless majority isn't received. To paraphrase, it says an exile happens no matter what. At the end of the day, the exile is determined by civilian votes rather than most votes.

MiX, what were the other two choices? Or did you already say them and I missed them?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 07, 2021, 04:24:33 pm »

Funny, I first read it as WCD and Dylan are reading it, BUT then Mix's post changed my mind, now I'm not so sure.

@faust, can you clarify which is the correct interpretation?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 07, 2021, 04:26:15 pm »

Civilian jurisdiction
Yeah, that reads to me like if there is a wagon with more civilian votes, they are the one exiled, even in the event someone with more votes (possibly a majority) total but fewer civilians exists... End of day occurs whether it runs to the deadline or if we choose to end it 3 irl days early. There's nothing explicitly in that order that says the exile is normal unless majority isn't received. To paraphrase, it says an exile happens no matter what. At the end of the day, the exile is determined by civilian votes rather than most votes.

MiX, what were the other two choices? Or did you already say them and I missed them?

From my understanding, if you put enough votes on someone, they're exiled. The jurisdiction can't change that.

Does it matter what the other 2 choices were?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: April 07, 2021, 04:38:30 pm »

It does matter what the other choices were.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 07, 2021, 04:38:47 pm »

It does matter what the other choices were.

Why?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 07, 2021, 04:42:48 pm »

LL, why do you say miscellaneous power means the person wielding it was human?

what, where do I say that?

Here:
Okay, Swow, can you summarize your actions like LL did? I might have information regarding this.

I did nothing night 1, I targeted LL with 1 ability that has 2 actions on Night 2.

all the actions have their types written. Like Awa had 2-shot investigative and so on. I was targeted by two actions I mentioned. If you targeted me with miscellanious, for instance, this just means you're a Human

because I wouldn't see misc, I see all the actions made on me by Cylon. misc is just an example
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 07, 2021, 04:48:17 pm »

Vote Count 3.2

Swowl (1): WestCoastDidds
scolapasta (2): Swowl, Dylan32
Robz888 (2): A Drowned Kernel, ashersky
EFHW (1): LaLight

Not Voting (6): Jack Rudd, SpaceAnemone, MiX, EFHW, scolapasta, Robz888

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 2 ends April 12, 2021, 08:30:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 07, 2021, 04:51:19 pm »

The following executive order has been selected:

Civilian jurisdiction

@faust, can you clarify which is the correct interpretation?
The exile is always the player with the most civilian votes, even if the Day end is caused by another player reaching enough votes to exile.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 07, 2021, 04:52:16 pm »

Ah. Well then. That was anti-town.

Vote: Mix

Vote: ADK

Vote: scola

Waiting for Robz...

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 07, 2021, 04:55:15 pm »

I wonder if one day there will be a RMM where at least one person doesn't get something wrong. That will be a great day.

If we want to hide who's military, we should still exile before deadline.

Who wants to cylon test? If no one volunteers, I'll do it tomorrow morning (so in like 11 hours), but I'd rather not.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 07, 2021, 05:06:31 pm »

Here:
Okay, Swow, can you summarize your actions like LL did? I might have information regarding this.

I did nothing night 1, I targeted LL with 1 ability that has 2 actions on Night 2.

all the actions have their types written. Like Awa had 2-shot investigative and so on. I was targeted by two actions I mentioned. If you targeted me with miscellanious, for instance, this just means you're a Human

because I wouldn't see misc, I see all the actions made on me by Cylon. misc is just an example

But, micellaneous is a type, so you would see it, no? we know this, because when mathdude was incapacitated, he had miscellaneous types, and actually so did Awaclu

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 07, 2021, 05:09:13 pm »

I wonder if one day there will be a RMM where at least one person doesn't get something wrong. That will be a great day.

Ha. I mean in some ways its good design to allow scum to hide behind misreading. It at least creates reasonable doubt.

Call me dumb, but how does this help hide who is military? (side question, did you just throw around votes, because you're military?)

Who wants to cylon test? If no one volunteers, I'll do it tomorrow morning (so in like 11 hours), but I'd rather not.

Why not?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 07, 2021, 05:13:43 pm »

Here:

But, micellaneous is a type, so you would see it, no? we know this, because when mathdude was incapacitated, he had miscellaneous types, and actually so did Awaclu

What LL means it that if someone had picked them with a miscellaneous action last night, that person is a human, because LL didn't see any cylon target them with a miscellaneous action last night.

I said this earlier :'(

Ha. I mean in some ways its good design to allow scum to hide behind misreading. It at least creates reasonable doubt.

Call me dumb, but how does this help hide who is military? (side question, did you just throw around votes, because you're military?)

Why not?

It is good design, but it's also up to the players to not make mistakes.

Because if we exile before deadline, most votes will be on that person, so they will probably be exiled. And so all that will be known is that "most civilians" were on the biggest wagon, which is hardly anything.

You know I'm not military. I'm the president.

I don't want information about myself, I want to find scum, not my species.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 07, 2021, 05:30:17 pm »

Here:

So, you don’t see the actions made on you that are NOT performed by a cylon?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 07, 2021, 05:33:01 pm »

Don’t we need to know who the civilians are since they determine the exile.

If LL only sees the actions taken by cylon, and not the actions taken by humans, that is far different than what he said previously.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 07, 2021, 05:39:59 pm »

Don’t we need to know who the civilians are since they determine the exile.

If LL only sees the actions taken by cylon, and not the actions taken by humans, that is far different than what he said previously.

No, if we agree on an exile, so will civilians, right?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 07, 2021, 06:03:11 pm »

who do you want to test?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 07, 2021, 06:04:02 pm »

who do you want to test?

Not me, not ash. Not sure who should be tested, but not one of these 2. I hoped someone would have some willingness to be tested.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 20 queries.