Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 199476 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 3)
« Reply #1000 on: April 06, 2021, 04:38:55 pm »

Also @Swowl, are you saying your power cancels itself out?

I am not. My vig shot is completely separate from the ability I targeted LL with.
Power 1 - Vig thing
Power 2 - action + protection.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 06, 2021, 06:28:28 pm »

This game is so difficult to catch up with, so in case it helps anyone else who's struggling, here's my super-shortened summary of D1, which I've made as I re-read everything:

Game start at #48
LL couldn't interact with voting.
There was a discussion of LL's role, which I got tired of and posted about Helo in-thread because I didn't like town sitting on useful info.
Ashersky made a big deal over his confusion about human/military and maybe about cylons/humans and alignments in general. He laboured the point enough that I felt like it was more the set-up for an ash-plan than it was general confusion, but then I don't think I'm generally good at reading him.
Mathdude picked MiX as VP/
Awaclus stabbed Mathdude and "incapacitated" him, removing mathdude from the game, making MiX president.
Mathdude was confused about how the hand of ExO cards worked, so picked "curfew".
Scola is the first person to say that they know who LL's character is, at #99. MiX says at #113 that he knows, and ADK confirms at #119 that they think they can guess it too, though both express a desire not to say anything in-thread. I spill it at #121 because I think that's more towm-useful than making everyone who doesn't know the flavour read up independently if they're town.
Ash raises a point about MiX, Robz and mathdude using "cylon-aligned" to mean mafia even though faust hasn't told us that's what the mafia side is.
There's some discussion of mathdude and his lack of known meta.
Scola scumreads mathdude for not checking the exact mechanisms at play. I'm mostly picking this up just because I know mathdude flips town.
There's a thing about whether scum want to hunt active PRs.
There was a thread lock and asynchronous kill at #414, but voting was not reset.
Mathdude was Laura Roslin, and was human-aligned.
Awaclus's explanation of the options he was offered starts at #421. (more thoughts at #436).
There's some stuff about a Swowl-ADK link around #469-#474 that suggests Swowl shouldn't beVP, but ADK was a good choice.
#482: EFHW points out that Mathdude had a passive killing power, which was something I'd also missed at the time because it was in a quote box and I generally gloss over those. The roles were:
  * passive, miscellaneous
  * passive, killing
  * miscellaneous, protective
#503 ADK gets to be VP.
There are partial pushes on EFHW and Dylan towards the EoD, but it ends at #564 with no exile.
There's also no NK going into D2.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 06, 2021, 07:14:11 pm »

Prod: ash

By the way, apparently I can only change vice presidents at night, so I guess I missed my chance.

So, who here has scum reads that aren't scola?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 07, 2021, 01:06:18 am »

LL, why do you say miscellaneous power means the person wielding it was human?

what, where do I say that?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 07, 2021, 01:07:42 am »

By the way, apparently I can only change vice presidents at night, so I guess I missed my chance.

hi

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 07, 2021, 01:29:44 am »

Sorry, crazy busy IRL.

I also like vote: Robz for now.  See if pressure does anything.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 07, 2021, 01:30:46 am »

Is anyone Boomer?  I read more about my character.  Seems I was with Boomer, and then found out Boomer was a bad robot, and then I hated robots?  And then I became a robot, or was one the whole time, which seems like a lazy retcon?

Anyway, if someone is Boomer, does that make them mafia?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 07, 2021, 01:32:54 am »

Also, for all the posting since the day began, there's very little content.

I'd also exile MiX for sure at this point.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 07, 2021, 01:52:41 am »

Robz, EFHW, dylan. I would exile any of them
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 07, 2021, 03:14:10 am »

hi

That aren't me either.

Is anyone Boomer?  I read more about my character.  Seems I was with Boomer, and then found out Boomer was a bad robot, and then I hated robots?  And then I became a robot, or was one the whole time, which seems like a lazy retcon?

What? Why would that be true?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 07, 2021, 03:23:13 am »

So has everyone read the current day? I'm still waiting for Robz to say something that demonstrates he's read D3 before I say stuff.

Does anyone want to be tested?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 07, 2021, 03:26:49 am »

well, EFHW is an option

vote: EFHW

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 07, 2021, 11:15:16 am »

Here:
Okay, Swow, can you summarize your actions like LL did? I might have information regarding this.

I did nothing night 1, I targeted LL with 1 ability that has 2 actions on Night 2.

all the actions have their types written. Like Awa had 2-shot investigative and so on. I was targeted by two actions I mentioned. If you targeted me with miscellanious, for instance, this just means you're a Human

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 07, 2021, 11:15:51 am »

well, EFHW is an option

vote: EFHW

What about your Didds case?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 07, 2021, 11:17:40 am »

Here:
Okay, Swow, can you summarize your actions like LL did? I might have information regarding this.

I did nothing night 1, I targeted LL with 1 ability that has 2 actions on Night 2.

all the actions have their types written. Like Awa had 2-shot investigative and so on. I was targeted by two actions I mentioned. If you targeted me with miscellanious, for instance, this just means you're a Human

Because LL can only know what powers cylons used, so if a miscellaneous action was used on LL, it would've had to be used by a human.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 07, 2021, 11:25:49 am »

I'm still working on catching up and re-reading to try to get into the game. Here's my D2 summary:

D2 starts at #566.
Cylon detector mechanic is introduced as a daily possibility.
LL still can't interact with voting.
Awaclus says he doesn't have anything cool to discuss at #572 -- maybe relevant later if people think he had a result.
Ash volunteers to undergo testing
#590 Scola reveals they took a night action and so are hated.
#607 faust reveals that Ash tested as a cylon.
#609 Ash tries to self-vote, which looks a lot like a grab for towncred.
#629 Ash becomes hated for mentioning QT style.
#636 Ash has been saying MiX is scummy for playing in a self-serving way, but MiX still wants Ash to stay alive here.
#657 Ash seems to be hinting at being the Chief, but also being a civilian.
#662 & #664 Awaclus checks some could-be-bastard rules stuff with faust.
#677 Ash still pushing to be exiled, in a post largely about confusion over Tyrol being one of the final 5.
#686 Scola comes in with a catch-up post. I think I agree with a lot of what Scola says.
I feel like Ash is really pushing this character background/alignment stuff a lot. Scola is engaging a lot too.
Huh, there really is a lot of Ash, MiX, Awaclus and Scola going round in circles. There's some new content getting injected gradually, mostly by Scola, but the rest kind of comes across as noise.
#756 Scola declares a scum-read on Awaclus, and says Ash is not scum.
#765 I caught up enough to ask a question that I thought put a sizeable hole in Ash's exile-me-quick logic.
ADK, Scola, Swowl, Awaclus and MiX all posted after that without acknowledging my post.
#776 Ash responded to me, so he can have townpoints for being engaged in the game and not just in whatever posting war the others are locked in.
#813 LL admits to something happening regarding Scola that built some trust. (which was a N1 neighbourhood #816).
#814 LL builds a WCD case, which is refreshingly different from the rest of the posting war. Sadly, I think it's pointing to behaviour that results from the other game we were tied up in just sucking our time and causing anxiety.
#841 I don't think I ever responded to Didds! Yes, hot cross buns are freezable, but my freezer is not big, so at most I could get like 8 buns in there alongside my usual proteins and veg.
#844 Awaclus insisting that Scola is scum.
~#850 discussion on whether the neighbourhood with LL and Scola was created by town or scum.
#871 Awaclus points out that day actions are likely to exist unless LL and Scola are lying about their QT, which ran through N1.
#873 LL says he was targeted by a cylon on Day 1.
#882 Scola claims to be Bill Adama.
#896 Swowl claims "sort of" compulsive vig.
#911 D2 ends with no exile. For my part, I was offline after the other game ended, needing a break for reflection, and just totally missed that this one was so close to deadline.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 07, 2021, 11:43:47 am »

This one is interesting to me, since that's the way I read LL's post at first too, but in retrospect, I think he only means that a misc action targeting him on N2 could only have been carried out by a human, because otherwise he would have detected it:

The slightly iffy point to me is that LL has said a bunch about when he was targeted by cylons, but has not felt the need to say anything about the type of targeting for the D1 incident. Like, I would definitely have said "D1 misc action, N1 nothing, D2 nothing, N2 protection and shooting actions", or something like that, assuming opening a QT counts as a misc. While I know I'm prone to being more precise than the minimum requirement for conversations like these, I also think it's odd to focus on the type for the N2 stuff and consistently not mention the type for the earlier action, particularly because of the otherwise-unexpected QT.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 07, 2021, 11:51:25 am »

Ash, I have to say I'm kind of scumreading you just because of your dogged return to questions about flavour that are really not supposed to have a bearing on the mafia component of the game.

Do you accept that it's possible for this game to contain cylon-species characters who are human-aligned for the purposes of the town wincon?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 07, 2021, 11:56:43 am »

This one is interesting to me, since that's the way I read LL's post at first too, but in retrospect, I think he only means that a misc action targeting him on N2 could only have been carried out by a human, because otherwise he would have detected it:

The slightly iffy point to me is that LL has said a bunch about when he was targeted by cylons, but has not felt the need to say anything about the type of targeting for the D1 incident. Like, I would definitely have said "D1 misc action, N1 nothing, D2 nothing, N2 protection and shooting actions", or something like that, assuming opening a QT counts as a misc. While I know I'm prone to being more precise than the minimum requirement for conversations like these, I also think it's odd to focus on the type for the N2 stuff and consistently not mention the type for the earlier action, particularly because of the otherwise-unexpected QT.

I had the same thought and asked LL, but haven't gotten an answer yet:

So Lalight, for these actions you knew more than just targeted by a Cylon (killing / protecting).

But for the other action (which we thought could be the neighborhood) you only knew it was a Cylon? No further detail?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 07, 2021, 12:53:27 pm »

Thanks Space. That summary was really useful.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: April 07, 2021, 01:01:52 pm »

For executive order, I think Military Police would be fun and interesting.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 07, 2021, 01:05:13 pm »

Sadly, that's one option that hasn't come up yet.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 07, 2021, 01:21:50 pm »

Oh! This is interesting and I hadn't thought much about it.  It definitely seems suspect that he knows what he was targeted with one night, but not what led to the neighborhood, especially if his result is specific enough to know the difference between shooting and killing
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 07, 2021, 01:46:43 pm »

What are the options?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 07, 2021, 01:55:16 pm »

What are the options?

Does it matter? I've already put the order anyway, Civilian Jurisdiction, so we actually get an exile done.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.