Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 200158 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 3)
« Reply #1100 on: April 08, 2021, 02:27:45 pm »

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide whether this is a full vote or a tiebreaker vote, but

Vote: MiX

Why do you think I'm scum?

Prod: Robz

I didn't care for how some of the you and mathdude stuff went down, thinking at different points that your behavior in that was either anti-town or scummy. You are on the shortlist of people who benefited from taking out mathdude (if it was a choice anyone in game made and not a random or scripted event obviously), and now your choice of EO (that is your choice to make thanks to that event) seems pretty antitown, if not outright scummy. Then your play today has just read as slightly scummy to me anyway, in a way that your normal self generally hasn't since our first game together when I had no idea what you were like.  So, do I have super hard reason to believe you are scum? I guess not really, but it's definitely more than I have for basically anyone else not named scolapasta.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 08, 2021, 02:37:01 pm »

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide whether this is a full vote or a tiebreaker vote, but

Vote: MiX

Why do you think I'm scum?

I didn't care for how some of the you and mathdude stuff went down, thinking at different points that your behavior in that was either anti-town or scummy. You are on the shortlist of people who benefited from taking out mathdude (if it was a choice anyone in game made and not a random or scripted event obviously), and now your choice of EO (that is your choice to make thanks to that event) seems pretty antitown, if not outright scummy. Then your play today has just read as slightly scummy to me anyway, in a way that your normal self generally hasn't since our first game together when I had no idea what you were like.  So, do I have super hard reason to believe you are scum? I guess not really, but it's definitely more than I have for basically anyone else not named scolapasta.

Being the president is not something I wanted to be. I wanted math to be the president because he was town, and he was obviously town. If I was scum, I could just control him into doing what I want anyway.

There's a difference between anti-town and scummy. One means something that hurts town's winrate. The other means something that is more likely to come from scum than town. I just made the same mistake ADK did when reading it. I still think it's obvious that my interpretation is the correct one, based on the words that are written, but faust thinks differently so what do I know. If you must know, the other options were Mandatory Testing, which feels absolutely useless, and Prioritize, which is clearly anti-town.

You're right that I feel different: I am different. I don't care about town winning this game as much as I do the others. Not yet anyway. Take this as you will.

Right now I'm focused on mechanics, and I can't say anything else until Robz appears. So until then, I have nothing to do. In terms of reads, I think we should honor Awaclus' reads and potential result on scola.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 08, 2021, 06:55:23 pm »

You're right that I feel different: I am different. I don't care about town winning this game as much as I do the others. Not yet anyway. Take this as you will.

What are "the others" here?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 08, 2021, 07:18:48 pm »

What are "the others" here?

Previous games where I have been town.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 08, 2021, 07:50:10 pm »

A bunch of rambly summaries of where I am with the various players. Some of these clearly need targeted re-reads, but I feel like it's a decent start.

I like the energy Scola is putting into the game, including a load of questions to keep people in check. That seems townie, at least in as much as they're the kinds of things I might have wanted to ask if he hadn't gotten there first.
I feel like EFHW and Dylan are also working to catch up like I am, and are in a similar place.
Didds seemed more on the ball about the ExO mechanics than I expected, given that she's not usually such a setup person, but at the same time it's definitely not something she couldn't just have done, so I'm not reading it as scummy. I also like the way she's trying to get Jack into the game by offering some hooks to respond to, because having an unknown newbie who's not really participating could lead to an easy mixile later if they're town.
I agree with a couple of others that MiX is anti-town, but I've really found the controlling language he's using really quite offensive or upsetting at various points, so I'm not sure how badly that's colouring my impression there.
Jack is just a total unknown.
Ash is playing in a very one-track something-to-prove way, which I feel just isn't moving us on much right now, focused as it is only on his own character and not adding anything in the interactions. OTOH, I'm less inclined to vote for him because of how keen he is to be exiled on what seems like pure supposition and/or to prove some hidden point.
LL's claims seem weird but believable. Seems like he traded a second day of not voting for the ability to see the type of action as well as just seeing that a cylon action had occurred. That's quite RMM-specific, so I kind of believe it.
Swowl was super-around at EoD1, though that might be as much to do with timezone as a townie desire to see an exile go through. Did spend a lot of time poking at Awaclus, who turned out to be townie. Weird compulsive-vig-protection thing that doesn't quite seem to line up with LL's claims.
When I did a full re-read, ADK posted less than I'd thought. In a game with so many posts going round in circles, that seems like a good thing. I definitely had an early-game disagreement over revealing the Helo stuff, but I think that's more likely philosophical than alignment-related.
Robz is still in the game?

I'll go with Vote: Swowl for now, since not voting isn't a state I want to be in, however badly I did with voting on the previous game-days. I'm still not feeling totally on top of this game yet, in spite of the catch-ups.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 08, 2021, 10:06:33 pm »

Hi Space! Happy birthday! I hope there was cake! Or at least wafers!

I’m mildly proud of myself for reading the XO correctly! Set up is not my strong suit, but this was more of rhetorical puzzle than a set up one. And rhetoric I can do.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 08, 2021, 10:19:40 pm »

I think controlling!MiX is more likely to be scum!MiX.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 08, 2021, 10:20:25 pm »

vote: MiX

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 08, 2021, 10:42:22 pm »

Prod: ash

By the way, apparently I can only change vice presidents at night, so I guess I missed my chance.

So, who here has scum reads that aren't scola?

Robz, EFHW, dylan. I would exile any of them

well, EFHW is an option

vote: EFHW

What about your Didds case?

sigh

literally no one has ever agreed with a single read I had in this game. I could be a tree stump for all it matters
I don't get why you are complaining here. You said yourself that the Didds case was mostly a gut read. You can't be expecting me to agree with your vote on me, and with no explanation you aren't likely to convince others. At the risk of discovering that I ignored something you said, is there anything else you wanted a response to?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 09, 2021, 12:04:44 am »

@Swowl: I just want to understand you had a compulsive shot you had to take on N2, but then when N2 started you were informed you no longer had to take it? If so, have you determined why that is that you didn't?
Answered this a few times now. But yes, correct. And no, I have no idea what triggered the non-compulsive element.

Information about me is anti-town, or I would've given it. Besides, you always know what I chose.
What is more anti town (real question)... you giving the information or getting lynched over not doing so.

Further clarification on the executive order: Ties on cilivian votes will be broken by the military votes.
So, with the info we have so far I wanna make sure I have this right...
1. We are plurality, 100% based on the votes of civilians, with the minor exception that if there is a tie, military votes will be the breaker.
2. In a situation where Player A gets exiled prior to EOD with 7 on them... if 2/7 of those people are civis... but then on like a random player B there are 3 civis.. player B is Exiled?

I think MiX as Prez in this game would do it as either alignment. So not "not skum", but not "only skum".
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: April 09, 2021, 01:03:34 am »

So Lalight, for these actions you knew more than just targeted by a Cylon (killing / protecting).

But for the other action (which we thought could be the neighborhood) you only knew it was a Cylon? No further detail?

I didn't have that power then

I got this power by choosing to stay away for one more day

So just to be clear: you're saying that you originally had the power to tell if you were targeted by a Cylon (I assume as a simple yes/no and not a count), Then, by staying away a 2nd day, it was enhanced to also tell you what kind of power. Do I have that correct?

yes.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 09, 2021, 02:08:28 am »

So I wrote six posts in a row yesterday when I had time to review and such.  LaLight was the first to post after them, but literally seemed like he hadn't seen them at all.  And the game has just continued from there.

Did my six posts actually post?  I went back and looked and they were all there on my screen.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 09, 2021, 03:20:25 am »

I think I'm caught up.

MiX is definitely mafia.  He is the best exile.
ash is definitely a potential mafia.  He is the second-best exile.

Third-best exile is among:
Jack Rudd (it's late enough in the game with plenty of commentary to warrant more activity; now it's just mafia using the cover of newbie)
Robz888 (it's late enough in the game with plenty of commentary to warrant more activity; now it's just mafia using the cover of lazy!Robz is town)
Space and any other player who claims to mafiaread me but doesn't vote.

I don't know what to answer to other posts, but this one is quite a good one with which I mostly agree.

let's vote: MiX and see where it goes

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 09, 2021, 03:21:04 am »

So I wrote six posts in a row yesterday when I had time to review and such.  LaLight was the first to post after them, but literally seemed like he hadn't seen them at all.  And the game has just continued from there.

Did my six posts actually post?  I went back and looked and they were all there on my screen.

Your posts were pretty much all just the same as ones you made yesterday, except the last one, which looks at non-me non-ash people. I'd rather exile scola, so, meh.

Is anyone Boomer?  I read more about my character.  Seems I was with Boomer, and then found out Boomer was a bad robot, and then I hated robots?  And then I became a robot, or was one the whole time, which seems like a lazy retcon?

Anyway, if someone is Boomer, does that make them mafia?

What? Why would that be true?

Why wouldn't it be true?

Like, look at this one. What am I supposed to say? Yes, Boomer can be scum. Boomer can also be town. Boomer can also be town that turns scum. Boomer can also be a third-party.

What am I controlling? I'm just trying to organize things, since I'm one of the people with things to organize (the XOs).

Information about me is anti-town, or I would've given it. Besides, you always know what I chose.
What is more anti town (real question)... you giving the information or getting lynched over not doing so.

Further clarification on the executive order: Ties on cilivian votes will be broken by the military votes.
So, with the info we have so far I wanna make sure I have this right...
1. We are plurality, 100% based on the votes of civilians, with the minor exception that if there is a tie, military votes will be the breaker.
2. In a situation where Player A gets exiled prior to EOD with 7 on them... if 2/7 of those people are civis... but then on like a random player B there are 3 civis.. player B is Exiled?

Town voting for me for not saying what the orders were. I also already answered it: mandatory testing and prioritize.

You are correct, at least by my (current) understanding.

I think I'm caught up.

MiX is definitely mafia.  He is the best exile.
ash is definitely a potential mafia.  He is the second-best exile.

Third-best exile is among:
Jack Rudd (it's late enough in the game with plenty of commentary to warrant more activity; now it's just mafia using the cover of newbie)
Robz888 (it's late enough in the game with plenty of commentary to warrant more activity; now it's just mafia using the cover of lazy!Robz is town)
Space and any other player who claims to mafiaread me but doesn't vote.

I don't know what to answer to other posts, but this one is quite a good one with which I mostly agree.

let's vote: MiX and see where it goes

There is nothing in this post to agree with.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 09, 2021, 03:21:40 am »

also what tickled me, why do you use "mafiaread" and "mafia" as a whole instead of scum? that's not a concern, just curiosity. Knowing you there's something beneath it

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 09, 2021, 03:22:19 am »

I would LOVE if I could decide for myself.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 09, 2021, 03:23:16 am »

You're just salty I (and ADK) misread the order now. If enough people vote me, I will be exiled. Stop throwing votes around like they're meaningless.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 09, 2021, 03:26:14 am »

You're just salty I (and ADK) misread the order now.

Wow, THIS is gaslighting. I didn't eve remotely think about this, I don't care in a slightest that you misread, shit happens

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 09, 2021, 03:26:51 am »

It took me a long, long time to get used to your playstyle and somehow I still feel very irritated at times

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 09, 2021, 03:29:19 am »

Oh, you mean that you can decide if you can agree with the post or not. Well you could start by saying what you agree with and why you agree with it.

You're just salty I (and ADK) misread the order now.

Wow, THIS is gaslighting. I didn't eve remotely think about this, I don't care in a slightest that you misread, shit happens

I thought you meant that you can't decide who's exiled because of the order, sorry.

It took me a long, long time to get used to your playstyle and somehow I still feel very irritated at times

Yes, yes, I'm still getting used to being exiled based on my town playstyle and not my scum playstyle.

Also, I would really recommend not giving ADK presidency. I'm sure he'd agree, as he also wants me to be president.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 09, 2021, 03:51:24 am »

Oh, you mean that you can decide if you can agree with the post or not. Well you could start by saying what you agree with and why you agree with it.

I agree with all ash's scumreads and their reasoning except himself

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 09, 2021, 04:08:01 am »

Vote Count 3.4

scolapasta (2): Swowl, MiX
Robz888 (1): A Drowned Kernel
MiX (5): ashersky, WestCoastDidds, Dylan32, EFHW, LaLight
Swowl (1): SpaceAnemone

Not Voting (3): Jack Rudd, scolapasta, Robz888

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 2 ends April 12, 2021, 08:30:00 am.
Prod sent.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 09, 2021, 08:41:37 am »

@LL now you ignored my question to you at post 1109(ish).

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 09, 2021, 09:00:52 am »

I don't get why you are complaining here. You said yourself that the Didds case was mostly a gut read. You can't be expecting me to agree with your vote on me, and with no explanation you aren't likely to convince others. At the risk of discovering that I ignored something you said, is there anything else you wanted a response to?

oh, I am sorry. Mostly I meant that the only response to Didds' case was MiXian vote on me that didn't work anyway and the reaction from Didds herself. Yes, I know this was a gut read, but it was a case that had some explanation of why I feel like I feel and I do understand that silence of others about this case probably means they don't think this way at all, but what I have meant was that the simple "I don't think Didds is scum because of your reasons because she does this and this when she's town and also something else" would be amazing to hear.

As of now I don't really feel ignored, because I feel like in this game town is so, so scattered and lost, so practically no one works with someone else and we failed to exile for two days in a row (is there even a game this was the case throughout the whole fds history?) and this is kind of sad.

Actually thank you for creating this conversation.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 09, 2021, 09:16:39 am »

I’ve been thinking a lot about how weird the interactions have been, and why we can’t seem to work together. I don’t have any answers, but it’s weird.  Some of it was too many of us being distracted in the beginning, and now having military votes revoked isn’t helping morale. The deadlines at times most of us are asleep is also contributing. But really, we just need to do better.

MIX is currently at E-2. At least two military are voting for him, so military can ban together to end the day but then the person with the most civilian votes actually gets exiled, which might not be what we want. I think everyone should have a vote somewhere. Not voting makes the (civilian) votes of those voting way more powerful. Two scum camping votes on someone below the radar might lead to the exile of the scum are civvies. Anyway, vote!

I’m pretty salty about being disenfranchised, but I don’t want to be part of the day ending before we are ready so I’ll go back to
Vote: swowl
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 76  All

Page created in 2.913 seconds with 19 queries.