Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 200270 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 3)
« Reply #1050 on: April 07, 2021, 06:04:06 pm »

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 07, 2021, 06:04:42 pm »

I wonder if one day there will be a RMM where at least one person doesn't get something wrong. That will be a great day.

If we want to hide who's military, we should still exile before deadline.

Who wants to cylon test? If no one volunteers, I'll do it tomorrow morning (so in like 11 hours), but I'd rather not.

who do you want to test?

Not me, not ash. Not sure who should be tested, but not one of these 2. I hoped someone would have some willingness to be tested.

I would agree that random is better than either of those choices.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 07, 2021, 06:08:10 pm »

It does matter what the other choices were.

Why?

Why hide it?

It might help scum to know what orders I can't pick next day, and I really don't see it help town. It would if I'm scum, but I'm not, so...

Also, can't help but notice that question has the same vibe as this one:

mathdude: For example, I have a night action that will trigger a turning point.  The action may help me or hurt me (it's sort of unclear, and flavour-wise, it looks like it could do either) but may also do nothing

I'm curious about math saying "me" here, instead of "town".

It's a townslip. Don't ask me why I think that.

Why do you think that?

I wonder if one day there will be a RMM where at least one person doesn't get something wrong. That will be a great day.

Who wants to cylon test? If no one volunteers, I'll do it tomorrow morning (so in like 11 hours), but I'd rather not.

who do you want to test?

Not me, not ash. Not sure who should be tested, but not one of these 2. I hoped someone would have some willingness to be tested.

I would agree that random is better than either of those choices.

Would you prefer random or someone choosing?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 07, 2021, 06:17:16 pm »

1. forgot the extra card was added ok fair
2. nah, your previous comment was BS, this was a real question. which I am glad I asked, because now that you have 6 cards, they dont auto shuffle and I didn't think about that.
3. I think we should vote. like an exile but we all just do it and whoever is highest we test that person. probably a little late to establish that today though.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 07, 2021, 06:20:01 pm »

1. forgot the extra card was added ok fair
2. nah, your previous comment was BS, this was a real question. which I am glad I asked, because now that you have 6 cards, they dont auto shuffle and I didn't think about that.
3. I think we should vote. like an exile but we all just do it and whoever is highest we test that person. probably a little late to establish that today though.

Let's see how that goes.

Test: ADK

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 07, 2021, 06:22:43 pm »

LL, why do you say miscellaneous power means the person wielding it was human?

what, where do I say that?

Here:
Okay, Swow, can you summarize your actions like LL did? I might have information regarding this.

I did nothing night 1, I targeted LL with 1 ability that has 2 actions on Night 2.

all the actions have their types written. Like Awa had 2-shot investigative and so on. I was targeted by two actions I mentioned. If you targeted me with miscellanious, for instance, this just means you're a Human

because I wouldn't see misc, I see all the actions made on me by Cylon. misc is just an example

But, micellaneous is a type, so you would see it, no? we know this, because when mathdude was incapacitated, he had miscellaneous types, and actually so did Awaclu

What LL means it that if someone had picked them with a miscellaneous action last night, that person is a human, because LL didn't see any cylon target them with a miscellaneous action last night.

I said this earlier :'(

AH, this makes sense to me now. Thanks.

Though I still want to know if he saw anything more about the Cylon power that targeted him on D1. Or if there's some reason he doesn't know that.

Ha. I mean in some ways its good design to allow scum to hide behind misreading. It at least creates reasonable doubt.

Call me dumb, but how does this help hide who is military? (side question, did you just throw around votes, because you're military?)

Why not?

It is good design, but it's also up to the players to not make mistakes.

Because if we exile before deadline, most votes will be on that person, so they will probably be exiled. And so all that will be known is that "most civilians" were on the biggest wagon, which is hardly anything.

You know I'm not military. I'm the president.

I don't want information about myself, I want to find scum, not my species.

Agreed on 1st point, especially as I read mistakes as scummy, and they often are not.

Re: exile before deadline, I don't know about this. It also depends on how many we have of each; if there's a lot more military, then say there a wagon of 9 and 1 of 3; it's not crazy to imagine if there are 7 military and 5 civiies, that the 3 wagon wins.

We don't know you're not military. It's also possible you gave up your role powers when becoming president. I don't think that would change your military status. (that said, it did seem unlikely you would do that, and with no turning point, likely you are civilian). I guess I was just trying to interpret your vote for multiple people in one post vote, as otherwise it's pointless.

PPE: several
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 07, 2021, 06:25:32 pm »

I did claim civilian when I became the president, all the way back in D1.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 07, 2021, 06:28:29 pm »

I did claim civilian when I became the president, all the way back in D1.

OK, I must have missed that. I'll go hunt it down.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 1)
« Reply #1058 on: April 07, 2021, 06:40:50 pm »

Found it:

Sigh...........I couldn't even protect math. I feel so useless right now, all the things we talked about, everything that we did privately and publicly...useless, now.

Okay, now for bureaucratic things...I'm a civilian, of course, and now I need to pick a VP. If anyone wants to speak up regarding this, do so.

Though it reads... well MiXian. That extra "of course" - when it's also possible you gave up your powers... but this confirms you claimed it.

That said, I'm trying to determine a scenario where you would fake this claim. And I'm not really seeing it.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 07, 2021, 06:41:55 pm »

@Swowl:

I just want to understand you had a compulsive shot you had to take on N2, but then when N2 started you were informed you no longer had to take it? If so, have you determined why that is that you didn't?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 07, 2021, 06:47:20 pm »

Found it:

Sigh...........I couldn't even protect math. I feel so useless right now, all the things we talked about, everything that we did privately and publicly...useless, now.

Okay, now for bureaucratic things...I'm a civilian, of course, and now I need to pick a VP. If anyone wants to speak up regarding this, do so.

Though it reads... well MiXian. That extra "of course" - when it's also possible you gave up your powers... but this confirms you claimed it.

That said, I'm trying to determine a scenario where you would fake this claim. And I'm not really seeing it.

It doesn't make sense with the character I claimed to ADK, so if you trust them, you should probably trust this claim. Besides, it's part of why I picked civilian jurisdiction.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 07, 2021, 06:50:05 pm »

Found it:

It doesn't make sense with the character I claimed to ADK, so if you trust them, you should probably trust this claim.

I mean, I lean towards trusting the claim, but this logic here doesn't make any sense to me.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 07, 2021, 07:34:37 pm »

I'm willing to be tested if no one else objects
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 07, 2021, 07:37:06 pm »

The following executive order has been selected:

Civilian jurisdiction
Today, an exile will occur even if the game ends without a majority on a player. At the end of this day, the exile is the player with the most civilian votes rather than the player with the most votes.

@faust, can you clarify which is the correct interpretation?
The exile is always the player with the most civilian votes, even if the Day end is caused by another player reaching enough votes to exile.

I also misinterpreted this, and would not have suggested that mix pick if I had realized how it actually worked
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 07, 2021, 08:23:48 pm »

Why?

Why hide it?
And the choice you make gives us information about you.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: April 07, 2021, 09:10:06 pm »

Why?

Why hide it?

Yeah, this ^.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 07, 2021, 09:11:08 pm »

Why?

Why hide it?

Information about me is anti-town, or I would've given it. Besides, you always know what I chose.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 07, 2021, 09:59:14 pm »

Jack, how are you doing? Can you give us some insight into how this game is going for you? Are you learning anything at night? What do you you think about the fact that only civilian votes count today? What do you think about LaLight? Why do you think he couldn’t vote D2?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 07, 2021, 10:30:23 pm »

No idea what's going on with LaLight; maybe the Cylons sabotaged his ship or something. (Presumably his vote won't count today, either, as I think we've settled that he's Helo, and Helo is very definitely military.)

The civilian votes thing is interesting; it may settle who's civilian and who's military, if that's going to matter.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 08, 2021, 12:25:15 am »

You know I'm not military. I'm the president.

vote: MiX
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 08, 2021, 12:26:34 am »

The exile is always the player with the most civilian votes, even if the Day end is caused by another player reaching enough votes to exile.

This only matters if there is more than one wagon.  If we care, we can just ask anyone not voting for the exile to unvote.  If they don't, we can make assumptions about the action.

Or we can go the other way and manipulate wagons specifically to figure things out.  We all claim, or put claimed civilians in one wagon, or whatever.  Plenty of options for using this power to gain information.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 08, 2021, 12:28:59 am »

Well, I claimed Commander Adama. I never specifically said I was military, but I think that can be inferred. Also why I never offered to be VP. Though I'd be ok (eventually) renouncing my powers were I to be president.

Just because your flavor character is clearly in the military, that definitely means absolutely nothing in this game.  I'm a military character and I am civilian.

Like, someone could claim to be Worf, a Klingon who was saved from a ship floating dead in space after the BSG picked up a distress signal and I'd believe them.  That's about the level of consistency I'm finding here.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 08, 2021, 12:33:13 am »

Is anyone Boomer?  I read more about my character.  Seems I was with Boomer, and then found out Boomer was a bad robot, and then I hated robots?  And then I became a robot, or was one the whole time, which seems like a lazy retcon?

Anyway, if someone is Boomer, does that make them mafia?

Ash, I have to say I'm kind of scumreading you just because of your dogged return to questions about flavour that are really not supposed to have a bearing on the mafia component of the game.

Do you accept that it's possible for this game to contain cylon-species characters who are human-aligned for the purposes of the town wincon?

Space, I have to say I'm kind of mafiareading you just because you say you are kind of mafiareading me but were/are unwilling to do anything about it (make a case, or at least vote).  I have the same kind of read on any player who chooses to accuse me of mafia play without backing it up.

Like, I literally begged to be exiled yesterday and I couldn't even be the biggest wagon!

As for your question of acceptance -- yesterday, definitely not.  Today?  I'd accept that Darth Maul is human-aligned in the fight against Voldemort who is trying to take over the BSG, an AI-run space ship that is controlled by an ancillary named Justin Bieber.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 08, 2021, 12:33:51 am »

Is anyone Boomer?  I read more about my character.  Seems I was with Boomer, and then found out Boomer was a bad robot, and then I hated robots?  And then I became a robot, or was one the whole time, which seems like a lazy retcon?

Anyway, if someone is Boomer, does that make them mafia?

What? Why would that be true?

Why wouldn't it be true?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 08, 2021, 12:36:42 am »

I think I'm caught up.

MiX is definitely mafia.  He is the best exile.
ash is definitely a potential mafia.  He is the second-best exile.

Third-best exile is among:
Jack Rudd (it's late enough in the game with plenty of commentary to warrant more activity; now it's just mafia using the cover of newbie)
Robz888 (it's late enough in the game with plenty of commentary to warrant more activity; now it's just mafia using the cover of lazy!Robz is town)
Space and any other player who claims to mafiaread me but doesn't vote.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 19 queries.