Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Game Over - Skum Wins!  (Read 115122 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Day 2!
« Reply #425 on: February 28, 2021, 09:55:54 am »

I still thought math was town, I just quoted the scummiest post of his (in my mind) to convince myself that he could be scum, so I would have the drive to keep pushing on him. Before his flip, I didn't really have a strong enough scumread to want to push at EoD1, and even if I did, chances were I was getting exiled if math was saved, so I thought that essencially throwing math under the bus was right.

For any other player, I'd read this as a subtle claim of some kind of good PR, because otherwise why on earth would you try to get someone you believe to be a town PR exiled over yourself?? Is it a PR claim coming from  MiX though? I suspect even VT!MiX would put his survival over the good of town. Anyone else want to weigh in on that?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 28, 2021, 10:25:30 am »

Mobile so no quote.

See the posts after that one, I vote joth and then explain why I did. My read at the time was that math was following joth's suggestion perfectly, which makes a lot of sense with math being traitor and joth being scum.

Please just come back and re-answer this later when you can quote, because you don'tvote joth the post after the one I've quoted, or make any mention that I can see of mathdude sheeping joth.

I find it really unhelpful of you to expect everyone else to have to put in the time and effort of piecing together what you're talking about. It would be much more pro-town to get you more used to feeling obliged to make sensible, evidence-backed posts that don't require that much of everyone else's time to understand.

After the post that I quoted. Math's early D1 post. Are you trying to compete with me for low effort posts?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 28, 2021, 10:49:15 am »

I did an EFHW re-read, and I thought my d1 impression of her was that she was at least thinking for herself and not coming over as too scummy. She does flip-flop a bit on how much sympathy she shows for our newbie's predicament, though (#188/#237/#317), which let her put her vote in a convenient place on the mathdude wagon.

Possibly more interesting is the really early game, because she followed mcmc onto Robz before Robz had even joined the game. On its own that's nothing, but then she was also right behind mcmc on Joth from #273, which is the pivot in the middle of her flip-flop on mathdude, which maybe looks a little bit more like something.

Of course, the next thing in this like of thinking is to check who else followed mcmc that much, and how common it was across the rest of d1 for two players to land up next to each other on wagons like that by chance (or design?) anyway.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 28, 2021, 11:57:06 am »

I’m not voting anywhere until I have time to sit down tomorrow and re-read, but the MiX wagon crowd is making some sense to me.

I highly doubt scum!Space pushes town!MiX this hard at the start of D2, so I’m inclined to agree Space is town (which doesn’t mean MiX is scum, but does mean I’m comfortable taking Space’s posts at face value). Potential WIFOM notwithstanding.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 28, 2021, 11:58:29 am »

I’m not voting anywhere until I have time to sit down tomorrow and re-read, but the MiX wagon crowd is making some sense to me.

I highly doubt scum!Space pushes town!MiX this hard at the start of D2, so I’m inclined to agree Space is town (which doesn’t mean MiX is scum, but does mean I’m comfortable taking Space’s posts at face value). Potential WIFOM notwithstanding.

Thank you joth! If you had to name someone as scum, who would it be? And just this once, I'm fine if you think I'm that someone.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 28, 2021, 02:49:07 pm »

Vote Count 2.1:

MiX (3): SpaceAnenome, Dylan32, gkrieg
Dylan32 (1): MiX
gkrieg (1): faust
Not Voting (4): WestCoastDidds, EFHW, Joth, Ashersky

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Exile.
Day 2 ends Saturday, March 6th at 5:55pm Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Day 1 HAS BEGUN! AGAIN!
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2021, 03:21:41 pm »

Well, in honor of Robz's reads, Vote: MiX seems like a decent starting point.
If you wanted to honor Robz's reads, you'd vote for EFHW.

Why not MiX, whom Robz voted for after EFHW, and even with a snarky postscript:

MiX is a great exile because at worst, we exiled MiX.
Because voting someone after another vote does not indicate that you find them scummier. Robz's  MiX vote was clearly a consolidation vote and it's weird for you to try to frame it as something else.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2021, 10:06:29 pm »

I did an EFHW re-read, and I thought my d1 impression of her was that she was at least thinking for herself and not coming over as too scummy. She does flip-flop a bit on how much sympathy she shows for our newbie's predicament, though (#188/#237/#317), which let her put her vote in a convenient place on the mathdude wagon.

I would say this differently. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after his defense, but when he didn't contribute further and posted this, which I found super scummy, he seemed like a good bet for scum.

Possibly more interesting is the really early game, because she followed mcmc onto Robz before Robz had even joined the game. On its own that's nothing, but then she was also right behind mcmc on Joth from #273, which is the pivot in the middle of her flip-flop on mathdude, which maybe looks a little bit more like something.

My Robz vote was RVS. Following someone who turns out to be scum seems NAI to me. If we were partners, I'd want to distance rather than act in concert that way, except for WIFOM.

Of course, the next thing in this like of thinking is to check who else followed mcmc that much, and how common it was across the rest of d1 for two players to land up next to each other on wagons like that by chance (or design?) anyway.

Why pursue this line of investigation? It doesn't seem likely to be informative for the reasons I just gave. Unless you want to give towncred for following mcmc, but I don't think that's what you are suggesting.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 28, 2021, 10:26:30 pm »

I'm not buying the MiX wagon. Given that he was the alternate wagon, his voting mathdude to E-1 seems logical. Then 3 hours went by before hammer. Mcmc was scummy in not waiting to hear from mathdude, but he was scum, after all, and ended up vigged probably at least in part because of the quickhammer. imo, mathdude was scummy and got himself exiled.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 01, 2021, 05:30:01 am »

Vote: gkrieg, sheeping faust.

Didds, joth, ash, are you alive? I guess it's the middle of the night for americans, but still.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 01, 2021, 06:25:07 am »

Didds, joth, ash, are you alive? I guess it's the middle of the night for americans, but still.
It seems that we're the only ones around, again. So let's use this time for a question: From your perspective, what was going through mcmc's head when he decided to hammer mathdude?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 01, 2021, 06:39:30 am »

It seems that we're the only ones around, again. So let's use this time for a question: From your perspective, what was going through mcmc's head when he decided to hammer mathdude?

Hmm, that's a hard question. I don't think it was optimal scum thoughts since he got vigged. But if I had to guess, I'd say "let's hammer a PR, using MiX's hard push on him to not instantly get flak and shutdown conversation".

Very interesting question, I would be thinking about this more if he wasn't dead already. I don't think it relates to other scumbuddies though, the only person alive that it relates to seems to be me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 01, 2021, 06:52:58 am »

Hmm, that's a hard question. I don't think it was optimal scum thoughts since he got vigged. But if I had to guess, I'd say "let's hammer a PR, using MiX's hard push on him to not instantly get flak and shutdown conversation".

Very interesting question, I would be thinking about this more if he wasn't dead already. I don't think it relates to other scumbuddies though, the only person alive that it relates to seems to be me.
I think it relates strongly to the question of whether mafia chose to recruit the Traitor.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 01, 2021, 06:56:37 am »

I think it relates strongly to the question of whether mafia chose to recruit the Traitor.

I can...see that mcmc might've thought I was a traitor. But I don't think mcmc was considering that math could be a traitor.

That question seems irrelevant right now. It's easier to know after the traitor flips :P

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 01, 2021, 08:17:30 am »

I'm alive, but swamped with various work and class commitments.

I am popping in to read so I don't fall behind, but not taking the time to post.

As for quick reads, MiX and faust seem mafia-ish.  Space seems towny.  No one else stands out as even playing this game.  gkrieg is lurking still, which is worse on D2, especially with flips and stuff to discuss.  (I know I am too, but I'm explaining that now.  Would ask for some understanding.)
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 01, 2021, 08:41:44 am »

That makes sense.  He would have been more reluctant if he didn't know who the traitor was.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 01, 2021, 09:06:07 am »

Hi friends! I was away for the weekend, so I am just now catching up.

Good job on mcmc, y’all!

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 01, 2021, 11:48:24 am »

Following someone who turns out to be scum seems NAI to me. If we were partners, I'd want to distance rather than act in concert that way, except for WIFOM.

*snip*

Why pursue this line of investigation? It doesn't seem likely to be informative for the reasons I just gave. Unless you want to give towncred for following mcmc, but I don't think that's what you are suggesting.

No, I think MiX is/was trying to suggest that scum-points are warranted for following a scum, assuming there's a traitor in the game, so that's the line I was looking at.

I'm honestly not sure whether MiX's d1 case was just obvious for people other than me, or whether he's just so much work to follow that nobody else really bothers. If you had to phrase his d1 mathdude-joth argument your own words, could you do so without re-reading now to try to piece it back together?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 01, 2021, 01:11:50 pm »

I'm honestly not sure whether MiX's d1 case was just obvious for people other than me, or whether he's just so much work to follow that nobody else really bothers.
Definitely the latter.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 01, 2021, 01:32:51 pm »

I'm honestly not sure whether MiX's d1 case was just obvious for people other than me, or whether he's just so much work to follow that nobody else really bothers.
Definitely the latter.

Aww man, I was hoping someone else would've said that, cause I already knew your opinion.

I was tempted to say this too by the way.

faust, do you care to say why gkrieg is scum?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 01, 2021, 01:40:18 pm »

Sorry that took a minute.

Yesterday I found EFHW scummy for laying low, then being flip with MiX, but I find her response to Space and her description of the scum ones of mathdude really off.  The EFHW wagon had no traction yesterday, and I’m not sure that will be any different today, but I’m somewhat buoyed by one of the other people who found her scummy was Robz (the other was MiX) so

Vote: EFHW

I’m not seeing why gkrieg is scummy... this week kind of snuck up on a bunch of us so im cutting all kinds of slack on activity level for now.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 01, 2021, 01:42:31 pm »

Definitely the latter.
I don't tend to agree with his cases, but he makes a lot of incorrect guesses before zeroing in on the right answer. So I leave a lot of room for him to do that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 01, 2021, 01:44:30 pm »

faust, do you care to say why gkrieg is scum?
Not at this point in the game. At the very least I want him to answer my question about his MiX vote first.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 01, 2021, 01:47:45 pm »

This is fun! Sheeping Didds is new and exciting, I'm all for it!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 01, 2021, 02:31:35 pm »

Sorry that took a minute.

Yesterday I found EFHW scummy for laying low, then being flip with MiX, but I find her response to Space and her description of the scum ones of mathdude really off.  The EFHW wagon had no traction yesterday, and I’m not sure that will be any different today, but I’m somewhat buoyed by one of the other people who found her scummy was Robz (the other was MiX) so

I’m not seeing why gkrieg is scummy... this week kind of snuck up on a bunch of us so im cutting all kinds of slack on activity level for now.

Can you be more specific about how I seem off?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.