Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Game Over - Skum Wins!  (Read 115157 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Day 1 HAS BEGUN! AGAIN!
« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2021, 11:17:29 am »

By the way, math's at L-2 and the biggest wagon is EFHW's. Just so you know.

So EFHW is E-1?

vote: EFHW

vote: mathdude

"biggest wagon is EFHW's" I think was referring to EFHW creating the most concerning part of the wagon... not that there was a large wagon on them.
No, MiX puts a lot of pressure on me Day 1 because he thinks that's the easiest day to get me exiled. One way he does it is to make comments like this, planting the seed that I am scummy and everyone thinks so. He would do this as town or scum, unfortunately, so it's pretty NAI.

I don't think I'd do this as scum. At least empirically.

Also, what I meant by that post is "math's at L-2 and the biggest wagon besides math's is EFHW's. Because EFHW was the only wagon with 2+ votes that wasn't math's at the time.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2021, 12:02:55 pm »

Yeah, it started after we were scum together. So you haven't been scum since, unless you are now.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2021, 01:13:31 pm »

Is MiX a better alterative than Robz, if you're looking to grow a second wagon to compete?
I think so, yes.

Did you notice that Robz went from saying that he definitely wasn't townreading mcmc, to voting me for "being wrong", and then to unvoting entirely, with no more mention of mcmc at all? I thought that was a bit interesting, especially because the three game posts mcmc made in the intervening time were three of the ones I think I struggle most with seeing a sensible townie narrative for.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2021, 01:16:56 pm »

Is MiX a better alterative than Robz, if you're looking to grow a second wagon to compete?
I think so, yes.

Did you notice that Robz went from saying that he definitely wasn't townreading mcmc, to voting me for "being wrong", and then to unvoting entirely, with no more mention of mcmc at all? I thought that was a bit interesting, especially because the three game posts mcmc made in the intervening time were three of the ones I think I struggle most with seeing a sensible townie narrative for.

Now that's a very good case.

Vote: Robz, I'm not feeling like this is the game where I want to park my vote on EFHW all day anymore.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2021, 01:27:20 pm »

Could I entice someone to start a wagon on MiX? Every other post I read about him is like "it's just MiX doing MiX things" and I find that very irritating.

But people feeling frustrated at MiX's behaviour is such a "just people doing people things" thing...

TBH, I don't hate the idea of running up a few votes on MiX and seeing who jumps. Why do you want to entice someone else to do the dirty work of starting the wagon, though, rather than just dropping your own vote there and then observing who follows?
I don't want to dismantle the mathdude wagon.

PPE: MiX posted another quote wall.. haven't read it yet, but already wondering whether it will change my query about Robz being a better competing wagon target :-P

Why did you mention Robz all of a sudden?

Again, I fail to see why that's the question you most feel the need to ask at this juncture, especially when I mentioned Robz in the context of a question asked to a specific non-MiX person.

Specifically, you're coming across to me as someone who's trying too hard to appear engaged, and are asking a bunch of questions of dubious utility when taking a breath and observing other people's reactions might actually be the more valuable path to take. So either you're genuinely flustered town, which is possible (though you're neither new nor particularly gathering votes just now), or you're scum having a hard time getting a purchase on the game, and are just making a lot of noise.

Have we correctly exiled MiX at some point in recent history (last 12-ish months?) for much the sort of behaviour we all tend to low-key scumread him for anyway? I feel like maybe we have, but also my memory is terrible...
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2021, 01:33:36 pm »

I think so, yes.

Vote: Robz, I'm not feeling like this is the game where I want to park my vote on EFHW all day anymore.

Um.. MiX, did you spot that the three mcmc posts in question are the ones you argued to me were townie? :-P

You're one of the players I'd expect not to agree with me so much on that basis, at least if you thought through my reasoning. Would you like to at least comment on why you think Robz shouldn't have found them townie?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2021, 01:40:34 pm »

PPE: MiX posted another quote wall.. haven't read it yet, but already wondering whether it will change my query about Robz being a better competing wagon target :-P

Why did you mention Robz all of a sudden?

Again, I fail to see why that's the question you most feel the need to ask at this juncture, especially when I mentioned Robz in the context of a question asked to a specific non-MiX person.

Specifically, you're coming across to me as someone who's trying too hard to appear engaged, and are asking a bunch of questions of dubious utility when taking a breath and observing other people's reactions might actually be the more valuable path to take. So either you're genuinely flustered town, which is possible (though you're neither new nor particularly gathering votes just now), or you're scum having a hard time getting a purchase on the game, and are just making a lot of noise.

Have we correctly exiled MiX at some point in recent history (last 12-ish months?) for much the sort of behaviour we all tend to low-key scumread him for anyway? I feel like maybe we have, but also my memory is terrible...

You could also answer the question. I presume you were (already?) scumreading them when you said it, but by saying "is MiX a better alternative than Robz" instead of "is Robz a viable alternative to MiX" or something similar, it's almost like faust was already considering Robz, which I believe he was not. That's why I think mentioning Robz was weird.

Or I'm just busy and I don't have time to reread this game and think things through. I love being active at the moment, but honestly, at any given point in this week I have been busy with something, or trying to rest between doing one thing and another. So I find it much easier to post live than reread. That's why I'm going a lot from posts I saw recently and why I'm trying to make sure I comment on all the important ones, so at least I'm caught up.

Correctly? No. But you have cornered me D1 and then exiled my partners.

Um.. MiX, did you spot that the three mcmc posts in question are the ones you argued to me were townie? :-P

You're one of the players I'd expect not to agree with me so much on that basis, at least if you thought through my reasoning. Would you like to at least comment on why you think Robz shouldn't have found them townie?

I didn't look at the posts yet. Do they matter for your case against Robz?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2021, 01:42:38 pm »

I think so, yes.

I voted MiX purely as an experiment to see if he would vote for me in retaliation, and he didn't disappoint.

But I actually think if he was scum, his buddies might have explained to him that he has to stop doing this pure retribution stay-alive-at-all-costs sort of thing.

Unvote
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 24, 2021, 01:43:43 pm »

Word-sparse players are gkrieg, faust and EFHW, which is not too unsurprising.
"not too unsurprising" is hard for me to parse... though I feel like you mean "not too surprising"?

Yeah, in retrospect, I can't even parse me well there! The number of times I know exactly what I'm talking about is evidently a bit lower than I think it is.

Anyway, I would expect low-wordcount play from you especially, though usually I can get suspicious of you when you're not making sufficient logical sense, so you're fine so far this game. I'm not even sure what I'd usually scumread EFHW for, so she's definitely a harder one for me to read. Gkrieg always scumreads me first, so that saves me a bit of brainpower never having to be the instigator of suspicion at least.

On the gkrieg front, is he about to swoop in and solve d1 for us now?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 24, 2021, 01:54:10 pm »

I voted MiX purely as an experiment to see if he would vote for me in retaliation, and he didn't disappoint.

But I actually think if he was scum, his buddies might have explained to him that he has to stop doing this pure retribution stay-alive-at-all-costs sort of thing.

Unvote

I was wondering what was going to happen after I voted you, since you had voted me. It was a bit of a coincidence though.

I wouldn't change my playstyle because of my buddy though.

Bolded: Townslip from Robz? I doubt it.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 24, 2021, 02:03:06 pm »

Vote Count 1.5:
mathdude (4): Dylan32, faust, Ashersky, Joth
Joth (2): MCMC, EFHW
EFHW (1): WestCoastDidds
MCMC (1): SpaceAnenome
Ashersky (1): gkrieg
Robz888 (1): MiX
Not Voting (2): Robz888, mathdude

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to Exile.
Day 1 ends February 26th at 10:40pm Forum Time. That is in 2 days time!!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:18:18 pm by Swowl »
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 24, 2021, 02:35:11 pm »

I'll vote gkrieg for inactivity.

Vote: gkrieg

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 24, 2021, 03:01:32 pm »

Unvote

I was wondering what was going to happen after I voted you, since you had voted me. It was a bit of a coincidence though.

Possibly town slip IFF we didn't already know that Robz had read the setup in order to have his opinion that daychat would be the only power taken... However, we know he did read it, which makes that assumption look really bad to me.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 24, 2021, 03:37:42 pm »

Unvote

Possibly town slip IFF we didn't already know that Robz had read the setup in order to have his opinion that daychat would be the only power taken... However, we know he did read it, which makes that assumption look really bad to me.

If scum did pick the option to convert traitor to goon, this could actually be a scumslip, with Robz knowing that scum has multiple buddies but forgetting that town doesn't know that. So it's either a townslip or a scumslip, which kind of makes it a nothingslip.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2021, 03:51:02 pm »

Unvote

If scum did pick the option to convert traitor to goon, this could actually be a scumslip, with Robz knowing that scum has multiple buddies but forgetting that town doesn't know that. So it's either a townslip or a scumslip, which kind of makes it a nothingslip.

I mean, if we didn't already have evidence that Robz had actually paid attention to the setup and that he was publicly of the opinion that scum wouldn't recruit the traitor, I would agree with you. But, from a truthful town!Robz perspective, he read it and was of the opinion scum most likely didn't recruit the traitor, and so he just momentarily forgot about what he'd read before and just used default language from other setups.

The scum!Robz narrative is that he publicly suggested that scum took different power(s) than what they really took since he knows they took the recruit option, and then just slipped with the plural "buddies."

If he hadn't read the setup at all, townslip all the way, but we know he did. There's still a possibility he just made a town!mistake based on the fact probably most games here have 3 man teams, but I don't know. This is an ironic conversation after the earlier convo about scumslips not being a real thing... I lean like 70% to it being scummy, but last time I latched onto something like this D1, I was wrong, so idk...
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 24, 2021, 03:55:25 pm »

Ok, I guess for the sake of precision, he was of the public opinion scum would only take daychat, which is logically equivalent to they wouldn't recruit the traitor, but that does not mean he specifically thought about the traitor when he read the setup initially.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2021, 03:55:58 pm »

I think it was a town slip.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 24, 2021, 04:24:09 pm »

Oh do you?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 24, 2021, 05:52:04 pm »

Now I know what everyone will say here; but I think I townslipped when I said that. I forgot traitor can be recruited.

Anyway, that was a fun little topic of debate and I'm proud I started it!

Can you explain what you mean by this?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 24, 2021, 06:20:09 pm »

Ok reading this now.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 24, 2021, 06:21:25 pm »

Woah, that's crazy.

Vote: joth

Why the Joth vote?

True, but given he FoS’d you your vote has an implied OMGUS.

Vote: Dylan32

Joth started this, and I think he's a better vote than mathdude.

Does MiX usually start trying to scum hunt very early in the game?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 24, 2021, 06:21:52 pm »

Also, hi everyone! Feels like it's been a while!!

Hi Space!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 24, 2021, 06:25:29 pm »

Vote: mathdude

Another interesting vote from MiX. Getting scum vibes from them.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 24, 2021, 06:28:54 pm »

Well, no more bites on leaving my vote on ash. Then I guess I will...
vote: Dylan

But MiX, I've got my eye on you.

Who do you think is scummy? Did you think ash was scummy? Do you think Dylan's scummy? Do you think I'm scum? I see a lot of votes, but they're all distractions, what are you really thinking right now?

Goading mathdude for something that has already been pointed out about mathdude seems scummy to me. Maybe I'm just tunneling MiX.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 24, 2021, 06:29:38 pm »

Mathdude, MiX is pretty much the most suspicion-inducing person there is. He does all kinds of things that seem not very town, even when he’s town. I haven’t made up my mind about him this game, but I’d advise taking any suspicion of him with a big grain of salt. He’s his own breed of cat.

I really like the alliteration of Anenome Artiface, but Space Gambit seems more fitting.

You know who the most laid-back assassin is though? EFHW. Stone cold killa. She never seems scummy when she is...

Vote: EFHW

This is very true about EFHW, although I haven't gotten the scum vibes from her this game yet.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.