Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Order of resolution of Jester attack  (Read 958 times)

CaptainTheo

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
Order of resolution of Jester attack
« on: February 17, 2021, 05:28:19 pm »

Good morning,

I play Jester, attacking everyone, and my first opponent discards Lost City. Whether he or I gains it, the remaining two players will end up drawing a card. Which card is discarded by each player? The cards originally on their deck when Jester was played, or the new cards as a result of a draw from Lost City (as they drew the cards originally on their deck)?

In other words, is each player dealt with one at a time with Jester, or are all cards discarded at once at the start of the attack, and then I choose who gains each discarded card?

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1351
    • View Profile
Re: Order of resolution of Jester attack
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 12:14:36 am »
+2

Good morning,

I play Jester, attacking everyone, and my first opponent discards Lost City. Whether he or I gains it, the remaining two players will end up drawing a card. Which card is discarded by each player? The cards originally on their deck when Jester was played, or the new cards as a result of a draw from Lost City (as they drew the cards originally on their deck)?

In other words, is each player dealt with one at a time with Jester, or are all cards discarded at once at the start of the attack, and then I choose who gains each discarded card?

All attacks go in turn order, and any effects of the attacks are dealt with before the next person is attacked.  So, for example, in a three-player game:

You play Jester
Player A discards Lost City.
You choose to gain Lost City
Player A draws a card
Player B draws a card
Then Player B is attacked
They/them

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 09:10:13 am »
+2

All effects that say "each (other) player" go in turn order for the whole effect. This is not only Attacks, but for instance also Vault. Note that if the card says "each other player" twice, this is two separate effects (Sir Michael, Catapult, the old version of Soothsayer). Also, some cards have wordings that make them exceptions, like Thief and Tournament.

CaptainTheo

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 04:45:15 pm »

Thanks for the clarification.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.