Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Petty Complaints  (Read 6194 times)

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
Re: Petty Complaints
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2021, 11:28:03 pm »
+1

If I have to manually re-enter my resume info including my email address when applying for jobs, the least prospective employers could do is shoot an email to every non-hired email collected with a "sorry, you didn't get it, gl on the job search." Job searches feel like shouting into the void.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2021, 09:26:36 am »
+2

This house hunt in this part of the States is insane. We barely even become interested in a house, and it's snatched up by someone already. Lots of sellers list a deadline of 2 or 3 days after it's gone to market because they know they'll get a lucrative offer.

And after weeks of frustration where we express interest in a house only to be told that it's now under contract or has a deadline in a few hours (which wouldn't even give us the opportunity to "sleep on it"), we finally see a house we like enough to bid on. We go ahead and bid $50k over asking price, though we felt that the sellers underlisted it by $30k, so in our mind, we bid $20k over what the asking price should've been.

And we still didn't get it. I've heard that some buyers are even waiving inspection, and who can blame a seller for choosing that option. Guaranteed sale with no chance to back out? Sold!

Fortunately, we're still comfortable in our current home. It was a bit crazy during the pandemic because our place isn't fit to have two home offices. Now that I'm going into the office physically, my wife has more sanity working at home, so at least we have that going for us.

But yeah, definitely not a great time to go looking for a house unless you have really deep pockets. Or are willing to living far away from the urban core, which is admittedly a self-inflicted problem.
A man has no signature

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2021, 03:47:10 pm »

huge constellation of mosquito bites all over me, despite liberal application of deet.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.