Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Conference Call Mafia - Game Cancelled - Please see new thread.  (Read 5360 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia - All PMs have been sent!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2021, 04:12:40 pm »

Hi mathdude! Have you pledged? How much mafia did you use to play? What do you still remember? You can always ask what stuff means, there's quite a big of lingo to learn.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I just went to the pledge page now.  I mean, it sounds like common sense stuff, but it's good that it's written down for all.

I used to play quite a bit (on other forums) - I even hosted many rounds, back in my days at university.  I love playing around with a ton of special inter-related roles.  Though IRL, the day discussions can be quite fun when you do it with the same people regularly too, even in simpler games.

So hopefully things will make sense to me here, unless you've got some really weird codes you use.  Otherwise, I'll ask if something doesn't make sense.  Thanks for the welcome.
he/him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2021, 04:36:32 pm »

Dylan32 is the Innocent Child and is confirmed to be Town-Aligned.

Jesus how did i fuck that up

real good. That’s how

First thought: this can't happen this game. So I'll call it Swowl karma and allow Dylan to be IC. Oh, and as seen in the last game (yes I still remember last game (because I lost horribly)), we should all say the IC is bad so they're actually good.

To everyone else: hello! Yay mafia, I miss you guys.

Hi mathdude! Have you pledged? How much mafia did you use to play? What do you still remember? You can always ask what stuff means, there's quite a big of lingo to learn.

Okay, now the game.

Mandatory setup discussion: Not taking too much stuff seems better for mafia, right? I think I would take daychat and nothing else.

I would take other things too, depends on the team I believe. Also remember there's only 2 people deciding, and we have a new player, so...yeah.

Vote: mcmc, I don't know why, but I miss you slightly more than the others and I want to say this.

Thank you for reminding me of one of the most hilarious low-light moments of my mafia career lol.

I do remember over the last several games that happened I got frustrated with a total lack of content from the ICs (don't remember who it was at all so nothing personal if that was you), so I am going to do my best to be part of convos, even though it is a good idea to withhold some of my reads and such info. Hold me to a reasonable activity level, because I don't intend or want to hide behind IC status as an excuse to lurk.

Stay safe Didds!

Thanks for the heads-up.  I just went to the pledge page now.  I mean, it sounds like common sense stuff, but it's good that it's written down for all.

I used to play quite a bit (on other forums) - I even hosted many rounds, back in my days at university.  I love playing around with a ton of special inter-related roles.  Though IRL, the day discussions can be quite fun when you do it with the same people regularly too, even in simpler games.

So hopefully things will make sense to me here, unless you've got some really weird codes you use.  Otherwise, I'll ask if something doesn't make sense.  Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome! It's good to have a fresh face (username) around here. Thankfully, the pledge isn't needed all that often at all thankfully, but in those rare occasions, it's great to be able to refer to it when things happen.  I think the main thing would just be some abbreviations that we use more than a distinct code or anything. Off the top of my head, the big thing is if you see "X" in a three or four letter acronym, it stands for "exile," which is the recently adopted term in place of the traditional mafia term "lynch." From there a lot of it can probably be guessed from context, but yeah just ask if you need to!
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2021, 04:43:38 pm »

Hey all - I am so sorry.... I made an error (surprise, yeah yeah I know :P)

I unfortunately cannot fix it, and retain fairness for the game. I have to do a complete re-roll of everything.
I know it is not awesome, but there is no way around it.
I am going to make a new thread and send new PMs out immediately, so we can get this thing rolling.

For sake of fairness, let's NOT discuss anything until after the game concludes.

I am going to act under the assumption that everyone is still on board to play. If you are not, please PM me ASAP so I can find a replacement for you.

The new Game Thread will be posted here in a moment when I have a chance to make it... and everyone will have their new QTs in their Inbox today.

Sorry again :/
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2021, 04:48:17 pm »

Thanks, ya'll!  We are through the worst of it, I think. The power has been on consistently today, which is helpful since we have to boil water, but I am hopeful that get that solved soon. Debatepro has at least 97 containers with boiled water on our counters right now and it messes with my since of tidiness something fierce. Its snowing now, but will be in the 50s tomorrow, so I think the light is at the end of the tunnel!

Welcome mathdude!  Where are you located?

Oh, wait....  Oof!  Sorry, Swowl!

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Conference Call Mafia - Game Cancelled - Please see new thread.
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2021, 05:07:38 pm »

It's ok Swowl. Been there, done that!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: Conference Call Mafia - Game Cancelled - Please see new thread.
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2021, 05:56:30 pm »

Everything from this point on will be posted in the "New Game Thread".

If you plan on getting a hold of me, please make sure to use the NEW QT you have been sent. I have hidden the originals to ensure I don't make another mistake.

Sorry again for the issues. Timeline for start should be the same. 24 hours from now I expect the game to open. That would be roughly 6pm Forum Time on February 19th.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.