Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Author Topic: New Weekly Contest: Fan Card Mechanics  (Read 45819 times)

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
Re: New Weekly Contest: Fan Card Mechanics
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2021, 12:50:56 am »

With balance I mean power level. Livery does have the cost restriction to limit its craziness but Mastermind-Livery-Populate illustrates the issue of the card.
I think that the card would be absolutely fine and still a decent or strong $5 if it were on buy instead of on gain.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 01:50:15 am by segura »

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2021, 11:52:38 am »
+2

I realize I forgot to post a 24 hour warning, so I'm going to extend the contest by 1 day until Thursday 00:01 Forum Time.

That makes this your:

36 HOURS DEADLINE WARNING

Sometime before or shortly after then, I plan to make a post with the latest version of all the entries, in order to not miss anything. I'll then edit that with my thoughts and make a separate (so it's NEW) post with the winners.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 12:30:44 pm by scolapasta »
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: New Weekly Contest: Fan Card Mechanics Week 1: Worshippers
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2021, 02:21:59 am »
+3

OK, here's the post with the 12 entries for the contest so far (there's still ~22 hours til deadline!). Please check to make sure I have the correct version of your card.

ALERT: @Commodore Chuckles, your entry (Miracle Worker) is no longer available from imgur. If you want it included for judgement, please post the it again in the thread.

Fan Card Mechanics Week 1: Worshippers

Mendicant - spineflu

This definitely started out too strong, so the nerfing helps a bit.

At first, I was wary of being able to trash a $4/$5 card for 4/5 Worshippers, but, then again you have to use a buy for that card, and then trash it. And that's a one time thing, (unlike playing Apse Chapel more than twice). To start, you'd want to use it to trash Estates for +2 Worshippers, of course.

My biggest concern is luck factor, you draw it with an Estate in hand, vs if I draw it with only Coppers. Feels like that could become a fairly big advantage.

Midnight Ritual - Xen3k

I have a soft spot for Night cards. I like that you want to discard bad cards to hand out copies to others, but then you can't use any Worshippers you already have on them that turn. (this could into play with the Curse it gains, for example).

I wonder though, if it wouldn't play that differently with just "trash 2 cards from your hand" instead of Worshippers, especially given that you have the other options. At the very least, I might consider reducing it to two options.

Pilgrims' Hostel - emtzalex

Nice, simple Village+. And similar to Midnight Ritual, you have to dicard the junk to gain the Worshipper, so you have to wait a while to trash it. It also creates an interest decision on whether you use them for your Estates first, possibly limiting how many you get, or Coppers, which of course, are better than Estates.

Missionary - Timinou

A card that grants Worshippers to your opponents! I like that it uses two different methods to basically allow players to trash any cards they want. (and while chapel as "trash 2 cards" is very weak, since this lets you trash any two it works well.

Sort-of-Butcher - Action, $3 cost.
+1 Action
+1 Worshipper

This turn, when you trash a card, you may remove any number of your Worshippers. If you remove any, gain a card costing exactly $1 more than the trashed card per Worshipper removed.
Sort-of-Butcher - Aquila

Hmmm, a way to use Worshippers for something other than trashing! I like it - especially since it requires you to trash a card (maybe with a different Worshipper). i.e one Worshipper let's you trash a card, 2 lets you Upgrade it, 3 lets you Remodel, etc. This adds an interesting decision for when to "spend" the Worshippers. I wonder what it would be like if it trashed a card itself (instead of "when you trash")? So in its most basic form, using the Worshipper immediately, it'd be like a cheaper upgrade (that doesn't draw). Or you could keep the Worshipper to use as a 2nd trash or for a future play of itself.

For the record, I like the suggested name Chef, as it was pointed out gives an alternative meaning to the concept of Worshippers, for a card that gives an alternative use for them.

Miracle Worker - Commodore Chuckles

Another fun way of deferring the decision to use Worshippers by having them determine how many you get next turn. My biggest concern is that you could get very many, very fast, but it would be fun to play test to determine if it's better to use them ASAP or keep them to more quickly get to 11 Worshippers (to trash starting deck, plus this card).

Martyr - Gubump

I feel like I keep repeating myself, but more interesting deferment. When you gain this, you could use both Worshippers to trash 2 Coppers (or better if you have estates in your hand), but maybe it's better to keep 1 to trash your Martyr, and get 2 more Worshippers...

Offering - X-tra

Independent of the Worshipper design, I like that this card rewards using additional buys, ie.. buy 1 card for 6, or 2 cards for 7. It's a nice touch that it gives you the Worshipper to eventually clear the copper you gained. (also good decision to give it a potion cost).

Saint - Fragasnap

As pointed out, at face value looks similar to Marty. But with a different vanilla bonus and a modified below the line, this would play differently. (e.g. Martyr gives you Worshippers if you buy it as an opener, this one (usually) does not)

In an actual expansion, you likely wouldn't see both these cards, but for a design contest, it's great to have these variants. I probably give this one a small edge, because it feels interesting to vary the # of Worshippers, but only actual playtesting would really determine it.

Shrine - gambit05

Our first (and only) Reaction entry. The Reaction feels like a clever attempt to mitigate hand size attack as playing it gets your hand size to 3. (so the net affect of Militia, for example, would be to +1 Worshipper. For Torturer, however, it wouldn't mitigate much, you'd still discard two cards, then choose to gain the Curse you could then trash with the Worshipper? I don't know, overall feels a little weak, maybe without the discarding on play to buff it a little?

Heretic - silverspawn

I agree with the feedback that this seems similar to giving the -1 token. The biggest difference being that once all the Curses are out, then (assuming no other trashing in the kingdom) your opponents can now begin to trash other weak cards. But I'm not sure if that feels different enough to me.

Eternal Sacrifice - mathdude

In some ways (except for the +$2) this feels closest to Chapel. you trash up to 3 instead of up to 4 (but the third is more powerful). I'm not sure how it would play, but I would think it might be more interesting if you only got the Worshipper of you trashed both cards. Or maybe something like trashing 1 gets you the Worshipper, trashing 2 gets you the +$2 (or some other bonus). It would make it feel more "sacrificial".

« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 12:54:32 am by scolapasta »
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2021, 06:07:23 pm »
+1

Thanks for the alert. I've updated the OP, and here is my entry again for good measure:

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2021, 12:13:18 pm »

OK, here's the post with the 12 entries for the contest so far (there's still ~22 hours til deadline!).

It's been about 58 hours.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 12:46:45 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2021, 01:00:19 pm »
+2

It's been about 58 hours.

Ha, yeah, sorry, I should've known that setting a weekday deadline would be challenging. I'll try to get to judging tonight / tomorrow.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2021, 11:41:27 pm »
+3

Hi all, thanks for your patience.

A lot of great entries, all of which I'd have fun trying out and play testing. I hope my judging is OK, I basically went with my gut feel about each cards pros and cons, and their overall strength.

(see the previous post for the specific feedback per card)

I found it interesting that no one submitted any landscape cards for the contest. Nor for that matter any split piles, heirlooms, non supply piles, etc. All of the entries were standard Kingdom cards, and in fact, all but one were Action cards.

A few general thoughts I have about Worshippers:

Worshippers can be quite strong - you'll notice Apse Chapel, which is meant to "compete" with Chapel, only gives you 2. So, one of my measures for judging was to make sure you couldn't get too many too fast.

As Aquila pointing out, designing them so that it's worth being +1 Worshipper instead of "trash a card from your hand" is challenging. Sure you'd get to play that copper first, but it's not that different. So that was another criteria on my judging. (as an example, Mendicant by spineflu works significantly better with Worshippers than if it let you (or forced you to) trash x cards from your hand).

Eventually, they become fairly worthless - though they let you trash the card that generates them. Again using Apse Chapel as an example, when you're done with it, you can just trash it. So another measure is if the card has reason to stay around other than for the Worshippers.

An interest take that a couple of the entries have is granting Worshippers to your opponent. I find that an innovative idea that did not occur to me.

OK, so on to the judging:

Finalists:
Pilgrims' Hostel - emtzalex
Missionary - Timinou
Sort-of-Butcher - Aquila
Offering - X-tra

AND THE WINNER IS...

Pilgrims' Hostel by emtzalex

I like the simplicity, and that I think it would create interesting decisions.

Congratulations! And great cards everyone; thanks for generating some fun ideas for me to try and play test!

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2021, 05:44:59 pm »
+1

Pilgrims' Hostel by emtzalex

I like the simplicity, and that I think it would create interesting decisions.

Congratulations! And great cards everyone; thanks for generating some fun ideas for me to try and play test!

Wow. Thanks scolapasta. I'm glad you liked it.

I'll try to have the next contest/mechanic out within a few hours.
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2021, 06:23:45 pm »
+2

I found it interesting that no one submitted any landscape cards for the contest. Nor for that matter any split piles, heirlooms, non supply piles, etc. All of the entries were standard Kingdom cards, and in fact, all but one were Action cards.

I actually kept playing with the mechanic, and came up with an Event:

Consecration - $4
Event
+1 Worshipper. Trash a Curse from the
Supply. If you do, +1 VP.

The main impetus with this is that one thing I sometimes don't like is that if there is a strong curser (like Witch or Mountebank) on the Supply I feel like you are forced to buy it, even if you would otherwise be buy only non-terminal cards, as giving some of the Curses is the most efficient way from being buried by them (barring really great trashing).

Consecration provides a (potentially) effective alternative. Each time you buy it you mitigate the effects of 2-3 Curses--one gets trashed before it can be given, one can be trashed by the Worshipper, and one (although still a dead card) is counteracted by the VP token. Just buying 1 doesn't render the curser totally useless, and buying enough to completely counteract the curser is pretty burdensome. Also, there is some use to the player who buys the curser, as once the Curses are gone, she can pick up the Worshipper to trash the curser (if she has no other trashing).
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: New Weekly Contest: Fan Card Mechanics Week 2: Conditions
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2021, 03:42:38 am »
+2

Fan Card Mechanics Week 2: Conditions

Conditions are a brand new type of card-shaped object with a landscape orientation. Conditions are two-sided. I haven't completely settled on how to determine which side starts face up. For now, and for the purpose of the contest, the first side listed (i.e. Easy Living, Warm, Rainy) starts face up. Unlike Artifacts or States, Conditions are never taken or held by a specific player. Rather, they remain in the center of the table, are flipped to the same side for all players, and thus affect all players the same. I have created three, two-sided Conditions for my "Summertime" fan expansion.

Easy Living/Hard Times:

Warm/Cool:

Rainy/Dry:

Conditions can be flipped by the operation of cards or card-shaped objects. Some cards resolve differently depending on which side of a Condition is face up. For example:

Vanilla Orchard - $4
Action - Conditional
+1 Card
+1 Action
If it's Warm and Rainy: +1 Card
If it's Warm and Dry: +1 Action
If it's Cool and Rainy: +$1
If it's Cool and Dry: +1 Buy
Flip Warm/Cool or Rainy/Dry.

Cards like Vanilla Orchard that require a Condition to work should have the type "Conditional" so players can know to use the proper Condition in the game, and to look to it to resolve the card. At segura's brilliant suggestion, I changed the wording from "If Rainy is face up..." to "If it's Rainy..." While this creates slightly awkward wording for "Easy Living" and "Hard Times," I think it's worth it for the simplicity, and the "Conditional" type indicates what is meant.

If you want to see more, you can look at my whole Summertime expansion, which makes fairly extensive use of the mechanic.

The goal of the contest is to create a card or card-shaped object that uses the Condition mechanic. If it's a card, it should probably have the Conditional type.

You can use one or more of my Conditions, use one or more your create yourself, of use a combination thereof. I made the Condition cards using the "New Fork" of Violet CLM's Dominion Card Image Generator, including using an "Extra Custom" color. If you want to use that tool to make your own Condition, you can use this as a template.

While the Conditions I created have no innate effect on the game, I'm not sure that needs to be a rule. Feel free to create your own Conditions with one or both sides having an effect on the game. Off the top of my head, such a condition might: raise or lower the price of a card, group of cards, or card-shaped object; change the base hand-size; change how or to where cards are gained. Just keep in mind that the effect will be universal and immediate, and consider how the timing of the card flipping and something new taking effect will work.

I think I would like to just get right into it. Please let me know if you have any questions or want any further explanation. I look forward to seeing the submissions.
he/him/his

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2021, 07:44:26 am »
+1

Weatherman
$4 - Action - Duration - Conditional
At the start of your next turn: +2 Cards. Then, if it's Rainy, you may discard 2 cards for $2. Otherwise, trash a card from your hand.
-
In games using this, when you gain a treasure, you may flip Rainy/Dry.
With this, the player on your right can choose what effect you get if they gain a treasure on their turn.

I think whether you use "Otherwise" or "If it's Dry" can possibly change what the card does here.
Say you play this card, then on your next turn Rainy is face up, so you discard a Tunnel and another card and gain a Gold. You gained a treasure so you flip Dry face up. If it said "If it's Dry", then you should also be able to trash a card, but since it says "Otherwise", you can't have both. (Am I right about this?)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 02:35:33 am by LibraryAdventurer »

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2021, 12:08:50 pm »
+1

Slipway • $5 • Action - Duration
Now and at the start of your next turn: If it's High Tide, you may discard a Treasure for +3 Cards; If it's Low Tide, you may discard an Action for +$3.

When you discard this from play, turn High Tide / Low Tide over.

Seaside-themed $5 duration. If you time it right/wrong, you might do a thing you didn't intend to do.

I hope someone makes a Rabbit Season / Duck Season condition.

Here's my b-sides for last contest; they weren't tested (and are probably bad):

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 01:58:12 pm by spineflu »

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2021, 01:22:38 pm »
+1

I think whether you use "Otherwise" or "If it's Dry" can possibly change what the card does here.
Say you play this card, then on your next turn Rainy is face up, so you discard a Tunnel and another card and gain a Gold. You gained a treasure so you flip Dry face up. If it said "If it's Dry", then you should also be able to trash a card, but since it says "Otherwise", you can't have both. (Am I right about this?)

I think that's right. It was certainly my intention in all of the cards I designed to have each one resolve under one side of a Condition only, and then have any flip happen as part of that resolution, either before or after the conditional effects. I don't think that should be an absolute rule, as there might be a really great design that allows players to take certain steps to get multiple benefits. It's my inclination is to default to the game's rules of resolving each step of a card in order, even if how a later step resolves is different because of it. (Rats immediately comes to mind as an official-card example of this). This is part of a card's design, and definitely something that needs to be considered.
he/him/his

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2021, 02:57:29 pm »
+1

I'm struggling to see how the Conditional type is justified, unless a card ever needs to interact with them specifically. Each different card needs its own set of conditions, so the Conditional type isn't really doing one common thing, and there's no unseen rule that needs explaining.

Looter, for instance, explains not just adding the Ruins to the game, but also 10 per player, shuffled, and only the top one is visible. Players can refer to the rulebook to be reminded of all those unseen extra rules.

Artifacts, by comparison, don't need a type, nor anything with the journey token. You see them mentioned in the card's text, that prompts you to get them out the box, and that's it, no other rules.

Also, you can write which side starts face up on the relevant side of the Condition card itself.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2021, 04:02:52 pm »

I'm struggling to see how the Conditional type is justified, unless a card ever needs to interact with them specifically.

I went back and forth on this. There are a couple of reasons I settled on having a type. First, I do think I might some day want to create a card-shaped object that interacts with Conditional cards (like a Project or Duration that lets you flip a Condition in response to a Conditional being played). I also think it is more important with the current grammar I am using, as the pronoun "it" might be ambiguous, and the Conditional type directs players to look for a Condition. For example:

When you play this, if it's Easy Living...

To a player who hasn't used Conditions before, they might think that the "it" referred to is "this" and the language is checking to see if the card is being emulated by another card called Easy Living. I recognize that this is not a great example, as the "When you play this" language is unnecessary (and will come out of future versions). But this possibility still exists. For example if you used a mechanic like the one in Farming Village "Reveal cards . . . Put that card into your hand..." followed by "If it's Rainy..." the phrase "it's" would seem to refer to the card you put in your hand. That could even be true (although maybe less so) with a simple +1 Card. That said, your point about States and Artifacts is well taken, and I'll definitely give this more thought.

Also, you can write which side starts face up on the relevant side of the Condition card itself.

I totally agree that if there is a fixed side that starts face up, that should be printed on that side. When I created these I had not yet decided that (the other thing I was thinking of was making the physical cards out of a harder material that could be flipped like a coin to randomly determine which side started face up), and I am still not completely sure that's how I want it to work, so my mock-ups don't have that text.
he/him/his

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2021, 04:22:13 pm »

I'm struggling to see how the Conditional type is justified, unless a card ever needs to interact with them specifically. Each different card needs its own set of conditions, so the Conditional type isn't really doing one common thing, and there's no unseen rule that needs explaining.

Looter, for instance, explains not just adding the Ruins to the game, but also 10 per player, shuffled, and only the top one is visible. Players can refer to the rulebook to be reminded of all those unseen extra rules.

Artifacts, by comparison, don't need a type, nor anything with the journey token. You see them mentioned in the card's text, that prompts you to get them out the box, and that's it, no other rules.

But then there's also Fate/Doom cards to bring out Boons/Hexes, even though the cards already mention them.

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2021, 04:51:46 pm »
+1

But then there's also Fate/Doom cards to bring out Boons/Hexes, even though the cards already mention them.

They don't refer to specific Boons or Hexes, though. Giving cards the Conditional type is more analogous to giving cards that give out Artifacts a type.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Xen3k

• Tactician
  • Respect: +581
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2021, 11:23:41 pm »
+2

Swallow - $4
Action - Conditional
+1 Card
+1 Action
If it is Warm, discard a card. If it is an Action card, gain a Swallow. Otherwise +1 Card.
If it is Cool, discard 2 cards. If at least one is a Treasure, +$2. Otherwise +$1.
Heirloom: Coconut
Coconut - $2
Treasure - Heirloom
$1
You may flip Warm/Cool to return a Swallow you have in play to the supply for +2VP. If you do, trash a Duchy or Estate from the supply.

A cross between Fugitive and Magpie variant. Swallow is certainly weaker when it is Cool, but not overly so. I have the Swallows returning to the supply instead of trashing to allow the following players an opportunity to pick it up and for flavor purposes. The 2 VP gain may be too much, but I was worried 1VP would not be as appealing. Feedback is more than appreciated.

Edit: Nerfed it. Now Warm mode acts as a not-quite-a-Fugitive, and only when not gaining more Swallows. Cool mode will now still give you 1 coin even if you only discard junk.

Edit 2: Added a clause to Coconut where you need to trash an Estate or Duchy from the supply when you gain VP tokens to prevent an infinite VP token game with perpetually migrating Swallows.

Old Version
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 11:59:27 pm by Xen3k »

LittleFish

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2021, 11:28:24 pm »
+1

Swallow - $4
Action
+2 Card
+1 Action
If it is Warm, discard a card. If it is a Treasure or Action card, gain a Swallow.
If it is Cool, discard 2 cards. If at least one is a Treasure or Action card, +$2.
Heirloom: Coconut
Coconut - $2
Treasure - Heirloom
$1
You may flip Warm/Cool to return a Swallow you have in play to the supply for +2VP.

A cross between Fugitive and Magpie. Swallow is certainly weaker when it is Cool, but not overly so. I have the Swallows returning to the supply instead of trashing to allow the following players an opportunity to pick it up and for flavor purposes. The 2 VP gain may be too much, but I was worried 1VP would not be as appealing. Feedback is more than appreciated.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2021, 11:31:58 pm »
+1

Swallow is too strong. By default, it's a Fugitive that can gain more Fugitives, and you can just leave it that way for the entire game. Fugitive by itself would be a powerful , and this is way better than that.

I love the Monty Python reference, though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 11:33:59 pm by Gubump »

Xen3k

• Tactician
  • Respect: +581
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2021, 11:37:14 pm »

Swallow is too strong. By default, it's a Fugitive that can gain more Fugitives, and you can just leave it that way for the entire game. Fugitive by itself would be a powerful , and this is way better than that.

I love the Monty Python reference, though.

Fair. I was not sure I could get away with a Fugitive baseline. I'll rework it a bit.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2021, 02:21:33 pm »

They don't refer to specific Boons or Hexes, though. Giving cards the Conditional type is more analogous to giving cards that give out Artifacts a type.

I'm not totally wedded to the Conditional type and will definitely keep thinking on it. I won't judge anyone down for not including it (not that I could currently as none of the submissions thus far have used it).
he/him/his

LittleFish

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2021, 01:19:30 pm »
+1

I just wanted to mention that all of the cards that use a single condition could just instead use the Journey token (other than for theme purposes). Someone pls correct if I'm wrong.
Conditions are for everyone, not just one person

BBobb

• Moneylender
  • My brother says thief is amazing.
  • Respect: +138
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2021, 01:20:33 pm »

I just wanted to mention that all of the cards that use a single condition could just instead use the Journey token (other than for theme purposes). Someone pls correct if I'm wrong.
Conditions are for everyone, not just one person
Thank you, I totally forgot about that! I'll remove my post.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2021, 03:53:29 pm »
+2

~~~Halfway Mark~~~

It's been (a few minutes more than) 3 1/2 of the 7 days of the contest. So far it's been a little light on submissions. I recognize that the contest has only been running on weekdays, which might be part of the reason people have not yet submitted. It also may have been a mistake to start it at almost the exact same time as the Weekly Design Contest. The next person might consider delaying the start (possibly with a 2-3 day discussion of the mechanic as suggested by scolapasta and foolishly ignored by me).

If you haven't posted yet, don't worry. I'm hoping most of the submissions are yet to come, and that we'll get a rush at the end on Saturday/Sunday. If I can answer any questions or give any further explanation to help people out, please don't hesitate to ask. And if you just don't like the mechanic or don't find it interesting, that's on me, and I apologize.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else you all will come up with.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:56:03 pm by emtzalex »
he/him/his

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.