Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Suggestion for trash pile in real-life games  (Read 2429 times)

chogg

• Bishop
  • Respect: +63
    • View Profile
Suggestion for trash pile in real-life games
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:05:47 pm »

Try using the lid from the box for trash.  It becomes very obvious which pile is the trash.  Also, since order doesn't matter, this lets you sort the cards as you go.  In games with Chapel, Remake, Bishop, Forge, etc. this saves a ton of time at the end of the game... and lets you start the next game that much more quickly!

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Suggestion for trash pile in real-life games
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 09:11:14 pm »

Wow.  That... is a really good idea.  I'll have to try this for sure.  Right now I'm using the box lid for cards we already played with this session and the main box for cards yet to be played, but I think I like your plan better.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:49:17 pm »
+1

What box?  They're all stacked nice and neat in the basement.  The cards are all in 4 long cardboard boxes that one would typically store Magic cards in.

We have each player maintain their own trash pile next to them.  So what if the rules say there's only one trash pile?  We also let people look through their own discard as long as they aren't taking too much time, preferably doing it on other people's turns.  This is because we're all Magic players at heart and have become very used to being able to figure out what's left in our decks such that we ignore any official rules that try to restrict that information as long as people aren't wasting too much time trying to figure it out.  It's rather convenient to be able to just take a quick look at what you have personally trashed to see how many Estates or Coppers are left in your deck.
Stop reading my signature.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:41:32 pm »

I always used the box lid for the trash, though I never did bother sorting along the way... this led to some pretty messy cleanups in 4P Saboteur games.

Piemaster

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 02:32:56 am »

We put trashed cards on top of the trash card, but at 90 degrees so you can clearly see it is the trash.  Never had a problem doing it like this.  Obviously it means you have to sort the trash at the end of the game, but given you have to sort both players decks anyway, this hardly involves much extra work.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 08:17:35 am »

I play hardcore dominion and when we trash cards they get ripped up and put in the trash!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:22 am »

I play hardcore dominion and when we trash cards they get ripped up and put in the recycle!

At least that way the ones you trash have a chance of being reused later as a better dominion card!

play2draw

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 12:27:40 am »

I take one of the unused mats from seaside and flip it on its reverse. The trash pile becomes very obvious.

BaruMonkey

• Bishop
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 01:38:41 pm »

Heh, we just toss all trashed cards into a messy pile in the unused section of our table :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.