Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Venus, a fan expansion by Carline  (Read 47775 times)

Carline

• Witch
  • Respect: +391
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Venus, a fan expansion by Carline
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2020, 03:04:48 pm »

Suppose you open Warehouse/Silver. You get lucky after the first shuffle, hit $6, buy Touch of Life and a second Warehouse. You already got a deck at T5 which nearly draws itself!

One option to nerf it is make it gives +1 Action but doesn't play the set aside card. Effect would work only after the second copy of that card. I don't know for sure if it fix the issues.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:08:42 pm by Carline »

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2020, 04:16:10 pm »
+2

The issue is that converting all Coppers into Peddlers and Silvers into DoublePeddlers is too good/easy no matter how you implement it.

gambit05

• Minion
  • Respect: +495
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2020, 04:35:13 pm »
+1

How about the two possibilities: They are 1) optional, i.e. choose one: "either or" or 2) they are "only...".

For example Copper:
1) Either they give +1 Card and +1 Action; or they give $1; with an individual choice for each Copper (Action or Treasure).

2) They only give +1 Card and +1 Action; no $1.

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2020, 10:54:07 pm »

Due to feedbacks in Discord, I updated these cards. Many thanks to those who helped me there, in special nasmith99, alion8me, Shael and TheFunfighter, who made, each, a lot of important comments. The fixes for the issues they pointed are mine, so maybe some cards could still not be in the ideal version. I'm revising some other cards.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 10:55:42 pm by Carline »

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2020, 12:29:53 am »
+1

I think Librarian compares too favorably to Wharf, which is already a broken . All you need to get +3 Cards now and next turn (which is twice as strong as Wharf's +2 Cards now and next turn) is set aside a card that costs , which is a very small drawback for what you get out of it. And it only gets stronger from there. I think it would be more balanced if you had to trash the set aside card.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2020, 07:30:53 pm »

Shael pointed that was a bit strange Warriors doesn't be an Attack and I agree. So, I moved its functons to Sisterhood and made Warriors an Attack.

Edit: Changed to Warrioresses to no confuse with officail card Warrior.

Edit2: Changed to a kind of saboteur attack, according to suggestion of alion8me (thank you!)

Edit 3: I thought Saboteur attack would be too cruel, so I changed it to Exile.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 11:11:29 pm by Carline »

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2020, 07:48:25 pm »
+1

Just so you know, the Blessing shown next to its Heirloom in the OP still shows the old version. Likewise, Burning has not been updated in the OP at all.

Lastly, I'm apparently blind and didn't see the "up to " in Librarian. Its power-level is probably fine, actually.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 07:53:17 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2020, 07:52:05 pm »

Just so you know, the Blessing shown next to its Heirloom in the OP still shows the old version.

Fixed. Thank you!

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2020, 09:26:02 pm »

Changed Nurse to . Is it OK now?

Changed Bride Wait to Debt cost, to it not favor 4/3 openings over 3/4.

I removed Underworld Gate until find better solution for it.

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2020, 09:35:50 pm »
+1

I guess you didn't see this since I got ninja'd by you in my last comment: Burning has not been updated in the OP.

Timinou

• Witch
  • Respect: +634
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2020, 11:22:16 am »
+1

Carline, unless I'm missing something, won't all players score the same amount of points with Bishopric? 

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2020, 12:22:12 pm »
+2

Carline, unless I'm missing something, won't all players score the same amount of points with Bishopric?

It's one of the Land Grant Landmarks. You can only get it with Land Grant, which means that it only applies to a single player.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2020, 12:31:38 pm »
+1

I suggest simplifying cards wherever you can, especially the ones with very small text. For example, I would either remove Nurse's ability to return cards to the top of your deck or remove its gain-to-hand ability.

EDIT: On Sisterhood, I would specify either "all your unused Actions" or "any number of your unused Actions". "Each of your unused Actions" seems vague to me; I don't know which you mean. Also I'd go for "all". It's simpler.

Sisterhood itself is a cool effect, though maybe too powerful? The power of +Buy is the power to end the game. I'm not saying it's definitely too strong, I'd just keep an eye on that during testing.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 12:34:47 pm by LastFootnote »

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2020, 02:32:15 pm »

I suggest simplifying cards wherever you can, especially the ones with very small text. For example, I would either remove Nurse's ability to return cards to the top of your deck or remove its gain-to-hand ability.

EDIT: On Sisterhood, I would specify either "all your unused Actions" or "any number of your unused Actions". "Each of your unused Actions" seems vague to me; I don't know which you mean. Also I'd go for "all". It's simpler.

Sisterhood itself is a cool effect, though maybe too powerful? The power of +Buy is the power to end the game. I'm not saying it's definitely too strong, I'd just keep an eye on that during testing.

Thank you!

I added return to topdeck ability to Nurse to make it a little better, making it not discard good cards if you reveal more than one. And the gain to hand is to make it good to open with. In terms of funcionality only, not text size, do you think it's too strong with these two features?

Nurse also has two parentheses which don't add instructions, only explanations. I myself think they aren't necessary. I copy the first from Save and the second from Nights gained to hand. I would be happy to remove them if this remotion wouldn't cause confusion. What do you think?

Sisterhood was a , but I changed due to comments that it would be weak. I agree with you that many +Buys would be powerful at endgame. I think it's better to see tests, like you said. The first version converted all Tokens. I changed it because of Villa and Cavalry, but I still really don't know if these particular cases justify this change.   
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:34:42 pm by Carline »

Timinou

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2020, 02:57:09 pm »
+1

It's one of the Land Grant Landmarks. You can only get it with Land Grant, which means that it only applies to a single player.

Thanks! I scrolled past that so didn't notice it.

Carline, you may want to consider adding some kind of marking (or create a new card type) so that they don't get mixed with standard Landmarks.

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2020, 03:03:29 pm »
+1

Carline, you may want to consider adding some kind of marking (or create a new card type) so that they don't get mixed with standard Landmarks.
They could work as states/artifacts, even if it makes it less thematic

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2020, 04:08:02 pm »
+1

Thank you!

I added return to topdeck ability to Nurse to make it a little better, making it not discard good cards if you reveal more than one. And the gain to hand is to make it good to open with. In terms of funcionality only, not text size, do you think it's too strong with these two features?

Nurse also has two parentheses which don't add instructions, only explanations. I myself think they aren't necessary. I copy the first from Save and the second from Nights gained to hand. I would be happy to remove them if this remotion wouldn't cause confusion. What do you think?

Sisterhood was a , but I changed due to comments that it would be weak. I agree with you that many +Buys would be powerful at endgame. I think it's better to see tests, like you said. The first version converted all Tokens. I changed it because of Villa and Cavalry, but I still really don't know if these particular cases justify this change.

I frankly think Nurse is too weak even with the ability to put good cards back. It's basically a next-turn Border Guard without the Artifacts, which is too weak an effect for the fact that it's gained to hand to make up for, IMO.

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2020, 08:25:18 pm »
+1

Thank you!

I frankly think Nurse is too weak even with the ability to put good cards back. It's basically a next-turn Border Guard without the Artifacts, which is too weak an effect for the fact that it's gained to hand to make up for, IMO.

It's Border Guard next turn already with a permanent Lantern and the ability of choose between discard or return to deck for each card not put in hand. I think it could help a lot to prepare your next turn. As it puts a card in your hand, it seems ok to me comparing to Night Watchman.

Edit: Does this wording works?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 08:41:05 pm by Carline »

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2020, 08:47:48 pm »

Maybe they could be States without losing thematically if I add "Owner" to their names.

Or Artifacts if I add "Grant".

As my English is not so good, I don't know if these solutions are suitable or not.

However, I think it would be good if they are not confused with normal Landmarks, so a kind of mark or a new type could also be solutions. Which do you think is better?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 09:06:55 pm by Carline »

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2020, 10:52:57 pm »
+1

Maybe they could be States without losing thematically if I add "Owner" to their names.

Or Artifacts if I add "Grant".

As my English is not so good, I don't know if these solutions are suitable or not.

However, I think it would be good if they are not confused with normal Landmarks, so a kind of mark or a new type could also be solutions. Which do you think is better?

I think using Artifacts and the name "Grant" is better.

Thank you!

It's Border Guard next turn already with a permanent Lantern and the ability of choose between discard or return to deck for each card not put in hand. I think it could help a lot to prepare your next turn. As it puts a card in your hand, it seems ok to me comparing to Night Watchman.

Edit: Does this wording works?

I derped and for some reason thought Border Guard looked at 3 by default (which would probably be a decent , let alone ). It's fine as-is balance-wise. And yes, the new wording works.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 10:54:02 pm by Gubump »

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2020, 12:38:23 am »

I made a new serie, a cyclic line with mandatory exchanging.

Feedbacks would be very welcome!

Timinou

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2020, 12:41:03 am »
+1

Cool concept!  How many Seasons would there be in each pile?  What would happen if one of the piles runs out?

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2020, 12:43:12 am »
+1

I made a new serie, a cyclic line with mandatory exchanging.

Feedbacks would be very welcome!
Maybe add a color to the season type, so you remember to swap them out, similar to the duration orange reminding you to keep it in play.

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2020, 12:57:15 am »

Cool concept!  How many Seasons would there be in each pile?  What would happen if one of the piles runs out?

The rule would be the same for travellers, if a pile is temporary empty, you can't exchange at this time. I still don't know how many Seasons for pile would be better, I think it has to be a number according to the number of players.

Maybe add a color to the season type, so you remember to swap them out, similar to the duration orange reminding you to keep it in play.

Maybe the same arrow of Travellers is better, as it is a reminder for the same thing . Do you know how to put it in Card Generator?

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2020, 02:00:42 am »
+1

The rule would be the same for travellers, if a pile is temporary empty, you can't exchange at this time. I still don't know how many Seasons for pile would be better, I think it has to be a number according to the number of players.

Maybe the same arrow of Travellers is better, as it is a reminder for the same thing . Do you know how to put it in Card Generator?

Giving your card the type "Traveller" automatically adds the arrow to the image. I don't think there is another way to add the arrow.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 02:02:00 am by Gubump »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.